"Do not be concerned with the faults of other persons. Do not see others' faults with a hateful mind."

"Do not be concerned with the faults of other persons. Do not see others' faults with a hateful mind."

-- Eihei Dogen Zenji

"If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinions for or against anything. To set up what you like against what you dislike is the disease of the mind. When the deep meaning of things is not understood, the mind's essential peace is disturbed to no avail.

The Way is perfect like vast space
where nothing is lacking and nothing in excess. Indeed, it is due to our choosing to accept or reject that we do not see the true nature of things.

Live neither in the entanglements of outer things, nor in inner feelings of emptiness.
Be serene in the oneness of things and such
erroneous views will disappear by themselves."

-- Kanchi Sosan Zenji

go ahead mods, delete this thread

I will not be salty, for there is no one to be buttmad, and indeed no salt.

My thread neither comes nor goes, like the cold night sky

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SZnkULuWFDg
youtu.be/y3qkf3bajd4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_exclusivity
youtube.com/watch?v=Net5ynTC0Ks
youtube.com/watch?v=IJffBsSg1kU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Rong pong ching chong"
-- Some Gook

ok

FPBP

>I've never lived around niggers

Good advice, but do not fear fault.

It is through fault, that you are offered opportunity towards progress.

The ability to fail means you are a failure

- me

here's an example from a white person:

Then offended by other people’s actions,

Remember the close bond between yourself and the rest of mankind…

Get rid of this, make a decision to quit thinking of things as insulting, and your anger immediately disappears. How do you get rid of these thoughts? By realising that you’ve not really been harmed by their actions. Moreover, unless genuine harm to your soul is all that worries you, you’ll wind up being guilty of all sorts of offences against other people yourself.
Anger and frustration hurt us more than the things we’re annoyed about hurt us.

Kindness is an irresistible force, so long as it’s genuine and without any fake smiles or two-facedness.

t. Marcus Aurelius

1. You're not Asian
2. All these Eastern quotes can be found in the Western tradition, and often earlier.

"Do not be concerned with the faults of other persons. Do not see others' faults with a hateful mind." -- Eihei Dogen Zenji 1200-1253 AD

"Any why seest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye; and seest not the beam that is in thy own eye? 4Or how sayest thou to thy brother: Let me cast the mote out of thy eye; and behold a beam is in thy own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam in thy own eye, and then shalt thou see to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. " -- Jesus Christ, 0-33 AD

"The Way is perfect like vast space where nothing is lacking and nothing in excess. Indeed, it is due to our choosing to accept or reject that we do not see the true nature of things. Live neither in the entanglements of outer things, nor in inner feelings of emptiness. Be serene in the oneness of things and such erroneous views will disappear by themselves."-- Kanchi Sosan Zenji, ??—606) AD

"And he said to his disciples: Consider the lilies, how they grow: they labour not, neither do they spin. But I say to you, not even Solomon in all his glory was clothed like one of these. Now if God clothe in this manner the grass that is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more you, O ye of little faith?" -- Jesus Christ, 0-33 AD

the truth is true no matter who says it. wisdom is wise no matter the source.

I agree, but my point is that Western people flock to Eastern traditions for sources of wisdom when their own Western tradition said the same things, often better, because it came from the same culture.

As a Gen Xer, I grew up hearing and seeing all the Oriental shit, thinking it was the best thing ever, and it never occurred to me that the West might have some wisdom of it's own. And that really pisses me off, because I was raised in the West, and my tradition and history was kept from me. It wasn't taught to me in school, it wasn't shown to me in the media, I never saw it or heard it in popular books or movies. But their was always some fuckin' gook spouting his wise bullshit on the big screen.

I attribute this to the "New Age" movement of the 80's, which in my opinion was just another way for the Jews to destroy Western civilization. We were cheated.

what's the bigger picture?

That Jews suck.

yes i agree, in fact i lived by zen and few other methods for a looong time. but there will come a day when you ran into way too many retards and it will be too much.
therefore you must be aware of them, their thinking aptterns and their thinking (psychopaths,bootlickers,backstabbers,shitcunts,dumbfucks etc) and fuck them in their beta manlet ass - because they are looking for good dicking. no homo.

zen and alike are impractical if you live amongst people.

It would be hilarious to see someone throw hot boiling water over these
wise sitting monks or today's "spiritual enlightened" man. See them scream in pain
and attend to some medic thats practice is rooted in earthly science which these wise people claim to be all above.

Stop pushing pseudo-intellectual bullshit that has no use in the real world. Western
philosophy and science tops all and if you disagree, then why is the East abandoning
all these rituals and practices that their ancestors did to be like the white man?

Life is meaningless and a repetitive cycle that spans with the death of a cycle and rebirth of a new cycle.

Also KGB used Eastern traditions to train the next generation of Americas back in the 80s to 90s
youtu.be/SZnkULuWFDg
youtu.be/y3qkf3bajd4

> t. nihilist koolaid drinker

>>Western
philosophy and science tops all and if you disagree,

I don't disagree.

>>then why is the East abandoning
all these rituals and practices that their ancestors did to be like the white man?

People do what they find beneficial.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_exclusivity

Stop being a suffering addicted life-cultist and take the buddhizm pill. No positivist philosophy can withstand the entropic laughter of impermanence.

Buddhizm is the peak; there is no higher than nirvana.

No, I'm your Hati Hroovitnisson.

HAPPENING

Stop with your virtue signaling. You’re not alt-right if you don’t advocate repealing the 19th.

so be it

I practice both Thelema and Buddhism in my own capacity. I don't claim to maintain or practice "the best" of anything.

All the best.

ok

>zen and alike are impractical if you live amongst people.

maybe so

Though I'm curious, do you follow those Buddhists that fight Muslims?

I agree that much of this wisdom can be found in the western tradition, though I personally prefer the language Taoism uses.

I think the biggest advantage the eastern side has is brevity. The bible rambles quite a bit, it's bloated and long and so the gems are lost in mountains of dirt.

You can read the Tao Te Ching in an hour or two, though contemplating it takes much longer.

self-defense is a natural response to aggression. but there is irrationality on both sides. conflict is always mired with delusion. but sometimes conflict is necessary to secure a greater good.

St. Augustine said, "Love, and do what you will."

If I must kill my enemy, I don't do so out of hatred of him, but love of myself and my loved ones.

I can only try my best to do what is good. None of us are perfect. Many far from it.

that is merely my view

>zen and alike are impractical if you live amongst people.

Again why Taoism is the pinnacle. It is practical for living in society, and gives you a way to accomplish things in divinely ironic ways.

Not bad answer, quite libertarian

Well till Ragnarok

Taoism is a profound expression of the Absolute

It's core has been clouded, like many religions, by superstition, over many years

I've always seen these links but never watch them, now I am watching them. Thank you. It's incredibly relevant to today.

Try Seneca, Epicurus, Augustine.

>It's core has been clouded, like many religions, by superstition, over many years

Care to elaborate? I practice internal alchemy and am quite sure at this point that Qi its meridians are real.

>Try Seneca, Epicurus, Augustine.
I plan to, as they've been recommended to me. But I'm quite deep into the spirituality and religious practices associated with Taoism as well. I feel Taoism has the most uncorrupted framework for religion. God's are quite real, but they are manifestations of group belief.

>But I'm quite deep into the spirituality and religious practices associated with Taoism as well. I feel Taoism has the most uncorrupted framework for religion. God's are quite real, but they are manifestations of group belief.

I wish you luck, and yes there is much wisdom to explore there. I was on a similar path, and in the end found all the answers were here, at home.
youtube.com/watch?v=Net5ynTC0Ks

dox the mods v& war naow

>Reincarnation is at odds with catholicism because it says body and soul aren't one.
>We believe when you die that your soul goes to heaven.

Generally speaking one of the biggest things that warns me off of a religion is when a member of it begins to insist that you must believe as they do.

I've been reading the Bagavad Gita (recommend it to any Christian). The text itself is good, but my book contains constant commentary from a Krishna leader who insists that to know god you must follow their lineage and order. It tips you off that they don't just want to spread the truth, but rather to gain power over you.

I recommend the Gita to Christians because Krishna's believe that God regularly incarnates himself in the world to lead man towards grace. Thus they have no problem accepting the divinity of Christ. They just believe god has walked the earth at other times as well.

Also they believe in "Krishna Consciousness" which strikes me as very close to "Christ Consciousness"

T. Low testosterone soyboi

>when a member of it begins to insist that you must believe as they do.
Then what's the fucking point?

>Then what's the fucking point?

Generally the point is to try to come closer to the truth, which means closer to God. In order to grow closer to the truth, you must admit the possibility of being wrong or mistaken, and dialogue and argument are meant so we may aid each other in discarding our errors and mutually grow closer to the divine.

Yeah, I told that to my physics professor once. Didn't work.

This is subversion.
see: youtu.be/SZnkULuWFDg

I do like Yuri, but I think he was wrong especially (maybe intentionally) about mediation.

I find meditation to be my primary tool in overcoming the lifetime of brainwashing we all endure in the US.

But sure, put the words of people who extort money from you ahead of your own reason which God himself blessed you with.

Listen to the words of the man who speaks from the mouth of the serpent.

The Pope can be wrong, it is not un-Catholic to know this. I listen to many of those who came before, and spent their lives studying, praying and meditating (yes, Catholic prayer is a form of meditation). I am not going to lock horns with Augustine or Anselm. Of course I question what I read and try to understand on my own terms.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJffBsSg1kU