US Navy submariner here, AMA

Landon Wilson
Landon Wilson

US Navy submariner here, AMA

With the recent loss of the San Juan and more missile tests from North Korea, I thought you guys might have a few questions for a navyfag like myself. Only have a couple years under my belt on a boomer (SSBN/Ohio class), but I'll answer questions as honestly as opsec allows me.

All urls found in this thread:

m.yna.co.kr/mob2/en/contents_en.jsp?cid=AEN20171210001100315&site=0200000000&mobile
youtube.com/watch?v=rKmDd71ZbQ8

Kevin Foster
Kevin Foster

I have no questions. But got anything juicy you can share we might be interested in knowing?

Ryder Foster
Ryder Foster

PO3
couple of years

Promotions run that slow these days?

Cooper Cox
Cooper Cox

Are hispanics really afraid of water? Are they a rarity in the Navy?

Lincoln Wright
Lincoln Wright

Where are you right now?

Jacob Brooks
Jacob Brooks

your mos and deployed on what vessel?

Wyatt Mitchell
Wyatt Mitchell

go greenside

Charles Bailey
Charles Bailey

could you take a picture of the reactor with your cell phone?

Jordan Brooks
Jordan Brooks

All I can say is, a very prominent member of the DOD/federal govt came to my boat several months ago and talked to us about the possibility of unloading some of our nuclear warheads on NO. Didn't end up happening, haven't heard anything since then.

Levi Roberts
Levi Roberts

What do the geopolitics look like with NK? Will there be actual war any time soon or are we going to sit here watching short stack kimmy blow smoke all day?

Hudson Fisher
Hudson Fisher

In boot camp I remember blacks being deathly afraid of the water. On the boat, we have a crew of 140, with roughly 20 Hispanics and 5 blacks.

Ayden Garcia
Ayden Garcia

you mean North Korea?

Hunter Hall
Hunter Hall

and a scenario,say haji gets a boat close enough to board and they successfully board the ship,what is r epellig proceedure.then say you are roaming armed to find said haj a crewmember in uniform that is muslim shoots at you what do you do?

Thomas Brown
Thomas Brown

Not going to say my boat but I'm a torpedoman

Hudson Turner
Hudson Turner

Boomerfag.

Hunter Ward
Hunter Ward

well thats because only their hair can swim.

Josiah Cook
Josiah Cook

LS1(SS) here. Fast attack. Norfolk.

Benjamin Williams
Benjamin Williams

do you think war with north korea is a possibility and if so do you think that you'll launch any nukes at them?

Nathan Ross
Nathan Ross

What's the talk on the ship about the Norks? Anything you can tell us?

Tyler Cox
Tyler Cox

In no scenario would we ever get boarded, we can detect everything in the water around us and disappear before they even have a suspicion we exist. But if we were boarded of course we would call away security violation and fight, we do drills like that every week.
Yes
Would be surprised if we bombed them but not shocked.

Jordan Davis
Jordan Davis

What is it like being underwater?

Matthew Ortiz
Matthew Ortiz

what the fuck is your rank?

Logan Johnson
Logan Johnson

Hey OP,

I've pretty much decided after I lose 100lbs I'm going to join the Navy. I have a bachelors degree in Elementary Ed./Special Ed.

I want to get into the officer program and join the Navy as an O-1. What kind of job could I get in the Navy with that degree?

Thomas Sanders
Thomas Sanders

Boring and gay
TM3 (E4)

Hudson King
Hudson King

Is it true you guys fuck each other in the ass?

Easton Allen
Easton Allen

Also what's the ratio of male to female on a sub, the San Juan was 43 to 1 which seems really rapey

Hudson Green
Hudson Green

so ir now shore u do your 48 or 54 i suppose dont know when u upped

Luis Young
Luis Young

Your chances of that happening are slim to none, go enlisted route, go to A school. And apply to OCS at E-5 for direct commission into whatever job you are in. Your degree isnt worth shit, except for making E-3 out of boot.

Isaiah Cruz
Isaiah Cruz

So what do you think about china's sub drones? Are they able to fuck over our boomers?

Nathan Peterson
Nathan Peterson

That was ages ago. This is my second shore duty.

Camden Rogers
Camden Rogers

My boat is 100% male, still pretty rapey
I don't know a whole lot about officer programs, sounds like you'd be going through OCS but I don't know how they classify people there.

Jacob Hughes
Jacob Hughes

good luck swimmin with no negro hair

Levi Butler
Levi Butler

Since you wont answer my other question.

Whats the scuttlebutt on why those US ships crashed into other ships a few months back? Seems pretty avoidable.

Adrian Cruz
Adrian Cruz

Our reputation precedes us
Lol chink shit is horrible in general but I haven't researched their drones.

Sebastian Turner
Sebastian Turner

I'ma guess USS Michigan. Am I right?

Carson Ramirez
Carson Ramirez

Go army if this is the case you can most likely get OCS in your contract and you get E-4 when you sign

Dominic White
Dominic White

What do you think about this banter at the recent Army/Navy game?

Isaiah Allen
Isaiah Allen

Is it true that underwater nuclear torpedos have a massive underwater kill radius for subs? (some guy on xbox live said it was like 500 square kilometers)

Brayden Campbell
Brayden Campbell

aiight and stuck in nofuck,watch out for the local bitches they are notorious for golddigging personnel.odu cunts especially

Charles Long
Charles Long

NUUUUUUUKE MEH DADDY!

Caleb Ward
Caleb Ward

I'm in WA
I don't know much about surface boats navigation, but that whole thing seemed suspiciously like a cyber attack from the Chinese. Big Navy is pushing this new digital navigation system called VMS, just forced my boat to use it after decades of paper charts.

Leo Green
Leo Green

OP you know DAMN well you shouldn't be making this thread.

Julian Phillips
Julian Phillips

Is it true you dive as 100 sailors and return 50 couples?

Gabriel Morales
Gabriel Morales

Yeah, isn't it still a really fast trip to E-4?

Austin Butler
Austin Butler

You ever fake your death and fall asleep in the engine room?

Logan Harris
Logan Harris

Please Nuke tel Aviv Tehran Istanbul and Mecca at the same time.
It will be hilarious

Xavier Flores
Xavier Flores

Are you or have you been in the Navy? Outside of its intention I realize my degree is pretty much worthless, which sucks ass. However I am confident in my interpersonal skills; are there any jobs I can get regarding diplomacy or something of that nature?

I was really hoping I could get O-1 right off the bat and do my required time on that pay with the possibility of ranking up.

Matthew Garcia
Matthew Garcia

He can only apply at E5, and he'll need a damn good portfolio when he does, which is why he should go enlisted. And ive never heard of OCS in a contract, ever. If a recruiter ever tries to sel you on that dont believe it.

Benjamin Nelson
Benjamin Nelson

As long as you have a pulse it is.

Aiden Nguyen
Aiden Nguyen

to your knowledge does any defense system overwhelm the phalanyx system?
say 20 missiles are launched can it kill all of them or is it limiyed.

Christian Hughes
Christian Hughes

Had any contact with Brit subs? Is it true they are nigh on undetectable?

Also, do cunts ruin things?

Adrian Russell
Adrian Russell

Interesting OP. Thanks for the answer and for putting your balls on the line day in/ day out.

Nathan Parker
Nathan Parker

I mean I don't know how the navy works but army is pretty easy to go ocs with a bachelors degree and you don't need to be E5

Noah Sanders
Noah Sanders

Thanks for the tip, but this isn't my first rodeo.

Angel Price
Angel Price

Is the navy as gay as The Village People made it seem?

Nathan Rodriguez
Nathan Rodriguez

oh the autism wed hear from muskrats if mecca and medina went away.
lets make it happen.

Daniel Moore
Daniel Moore

a bunch of kike slaves obeying massa?

what do you think?

Ethan Powell
Ethan Powell

The navy does not roll that way. They grease up and make a pile.

Connor Mitchell
Connor Mitchell

Have to take a break guys, need to go drive somewhere. I'll try to catch up with the questions when I get back.

No experience with Brits, but I would say we are pretty damn undetectable.
Yes, women ruin every aspect of military life and order they touch.

Lucas Williams
Lucas Williams

Coast guard ret. Your degree wont get you anywhere. Join the navy, go to yeoman school, work as a clerk for a couple years then apply to OCS for direct commission as an officer as a yeoman. You can earn your goofy little bar and retire with a smile.

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

Lots of Mexicans and Filipinos in the navy and they can swim fine. It's the niggers that can't swim.

Bentley Cooper
Bentley Cooper

Also, what do you mean portfolio? What types of things would the military be looking for in a portfolio?

Xavier Howard
Xavier Howard

I see. One boat, One Screw, One Captian, One Crew?

Cooper Adams
Cooper Adams

go to fucking bed, larping CTI3.

Eli James
Eli James

Your best bet is just going and talking to some recruiters, but don't let them bullshit you and try different branches because they offer different things

Caleb Martin
Caleb Martin

What GPA? Lots of offierc don't have stem degrees.

Nicholas White
Nicholas White

Did you catch the Army-Navy game? Too bad about that field goal kick.

Caleb Johnson
Caleb Johnson

show me your penis

Isaiah Sanchez
Isaiah Sanchez

More like Kentucky gold crew. That important DOD/Military guy who visited was the CNO Admiral Greenert.

Kevin Carter
Kevin Carter

army vs marines, air force won cause none of their soldiers got frostbites watching niggers fight over an egg

Bentley Brown
Bentley Brown

Thanks for the advice guys. It gives me something to think about at least.

I just graduated cum laude this summer, I think I had a 3.6

David Barnes
David Barnes

Are you gonna snitch on him you little bitch?

Blake Phillips
Blake Phillips

Be glad you aren’t on a VLS fast boat. That shit was nothing but a headache when I was doing it. Former MMW2(SS). Would have killed for just 4 tubes and 48s to worry about.

Levi Hernandez
Levi Hernandez

lookee wat digits sez

Juan Scott
Juan Scott

any secret submerged bases you cant talk about?

Do we have any railguns on any ships yet? Youd think the launch system on a carrier can be used next to a railgun setup adapted to the electronics and sacrifice a couple jet parking spots on the lower deck, use it kinda like a big stug in the water.

Jace Miller
Jace Miller

is there an alien base under Antarctica?

Ian Lee
Ian Lee

Not OP, but used to do his job.
No
Yes
No, system is completely different. Steam pressure vs magnetic.

Owen Fisher
Owen Fisher

Chair force is trash

Jack Reed
Jack Reed

When you apply to OCS, you are set to meet with an selection committee comprising of officers within the job youre applying to (flight school, IS commission etc...) they are looking for time in field, performance, deeds worthy of note WHILE you were in the service. Then they look for shit like leadership experience from college-present, volunteer hours etc, SAT scores. Thats all within your OCS package or "portfolio" You have to distinguish yourself from wveryone else applying to OCS. Alot of them have been waiting years because only so many classes are sent a year, i believe there are usually only two selection comittees that meet a year for the Navy, sometimes one. Youll be going up against people who have been in the service twice as long as you, and with twice the experience and have been appling every year for 5+ years. Probably not what you wanted to hear but thats the truth, when i was in the CG the selection comittee only met once a year. And it took me 7 years to finally get picked.

James Miller
James Miller

Mathis. You are on the Kentucky.

Julian Reyes
Julian Reyes

recent loss of the san juan
huh?

Lucas Davis
Lucas Davis

This would fix the worlds problems

Chase Gomez
Chase Gomez

navyfag here

What homosexual acts have you performed on a sub and in what areas of the sub.

Kevin Morgan
Kevin Morgan

Argies. Lost a ship again. The emus are suspected, but I can't go into further details

Jack Hughes
Jack Hughes

Is it true that the Norks have decent submarines?

Liam Ward
Liam Ward

Damn...well I guess competition is within all fields. I just didn't realize the military would be. But than again I don't understand how the military works, yet. I was wondering how that would be if I got into the OCS with zero military experience whatsoever.

I'll take your other piece of advice to heart. Thanks for the heads up.

Daniel Ward
Daniel Ward

Navy
not Air Force

you fucked up

Camden Nelson
Camden Nelson

Go see an officer recruiter when you are ready. Do not go enlisted and try OCS. My XO always said the Navy makes it easier to commission a bum off the street then to commission an enlisted man.

Asher Clark
Asher Clark

But you're going to go in to detail right user

Caleb Garcia
Caleb Garcia

How the fuck can any 50's subs be called decent.

checks flag.

Luis Wilson
Luis Wilson

14-13

Oliver Lewis
Oliver Lewis

Fucking larp.

Isaac Lopez
Isaac Lopez

ITT: circumcised manlets looking to serve the jews

Michael Kelly
Michael Kelly

Also, how likely is a sub such as the San Juan to be stolen from the navy and sold?

Mason Brooks
Mason Brooks

I mean, you still can apply as a civilian, there is always a small chance you can get it. Apply as a yeoman, its your best chance with that degree

Chase Morales
Chase Morales

It was Jim Mattis. OP is stationed in WA. OP isn't privileged to any real juicy information.

Asher Taylor
Asher Taylor

I used to see that shit all the time in American media outlets. As I understood, nuclear able subs were the best bet for the norks, that's why I asked.

Kevin Rodriguez
Kevin Rodriguez

What do you know about the SkyKing?

Adam Baker
Adam Baker

He can get picked up as a SWO or Chop easily.

Josiah Ramirez
Josiah Ramirez

Gay sex alot OP?

Henry Cook
Henry Cook

How much is the Navy dominated by the Naval Air Power school? Have the Naval Surface Power and Naval Below the Surface schools made any progress to further their capabilities?

Also why the fuck do you guys wear camo?

Jose Kelly
Jose Kelly

do u live on Guam?

Henry Nelson
Henry Nelson

Not op but Naval Special Warfare are the top Gs. Navy Nuclear power are next on the list sub then Fly boys.
Navy blue caMos shittiest in military.

Former Navy fag.

Aaron Long
Aaron Long

Is WW3 about to begin? m.yna.co.kr/mob2/en/contents_en.jsp?cid=AEN20171210001100315&site=0200000000&mobile

Camden Robinson
Camden Robinson

Naval Special Warfare
What do they cover? I heard a rumor that the admiralty knowingly suppress Surface warfare capabilities in preference for Naval Air power.

Mason Williams
Mason Williams

Call an officer recruiter.

Dylan Adams
Dylan Adams

what do you think about the news subs australia are making, also do you know how skilled our navy is?

Chase Nelson
Chase Nelson

fucking blue camo for what purpose

Fuck that shit nigga I go overboard I wanna be wearing some hunter orange shit

Aaron Rodriguez
Aaron Rodriguez

If you had to make a choice of only one unit to save you out of the Marines, Rangers, or the Iraqi police, who would it be and why?

Matthew Gonzalez
Matthew Gonzalez

That's what my friend said when I was still processing that these guys wear a pattern meant to blend in and conceal on a fucking boat.

Charles Thomas
Charles Thomas

The only reason someone would call the Iraqi police for anything would be if they weren't in a hurry. I'd rather let /k/omandos come

Levi Diaz
Levi Diaz

kek, you americans are alright

Jace Hughes
Jace Hughes

Is this implying some branch of our armed forces IS Communist?

Juan Moore
Juan Moore

What's your take on female commanders?

Isaac Cruz
Isaac Cruz

he's not going to admit to that even if he did know

Luke Martinez
Luke Martinez

What you need to do to be promoted to marine???

Daniel Cruz
Daniel Cruz

Education degree Guy here on my phone.

Do you have experience or knowledge in those fields? And do you think I would have a better chance at getting one of those jobs rather than applying at the OCS for an O-1 job?

I’m pretty sure the Navy is the path I want to go. However, I don’t want to enlist as a fresh E-1. I will be 26 when I decide to pull the trigger on joining and I know I am worth much more than working my way up through the ranks right out of the gate.

I have strong leadership skills and have handled an immense of responsibility at the jobs I’ve had since I started my 4 year degree. I want to serve my country and develop both practical and marketable skills, but I want to get compensated properly for what I do.

Caleb Bell
Caleb Bell

Join the marines instead.

Isaac Richardson
Isaac Richardson

Where's OUR submarine? We can't find it

James Jackson
James Jackson

Naval Special Warfare are your SEALs, SWCCS (no officers), Divers, EOD.
Had my shot at SEAL. Missed out feelsbad
Spec warfare and SSBNs are extremely well funded. don't know about surface or flyfags.

Tyler Martinez
Tyler Martinez

holy fuck i need to know the answer to this, love a goood skykangz thread

Caleb Torres
Caleb Torres

have you ever caught a visit from the phantom jerker

Aiden Lopez
Aiden Lopez

you must have missed this

Blake Edwards
Blake Edwards

longest time underwater without surfacing OP?

Kevin Watson
Kevin Watson

Also, thank you guys for taking the time to help me explore some possible options and help me organize my thoughts.

Jack Cook
Jack Cook

Got it, interesting.

Kevin Edwards
Kevin Edwards

how the fuck is that not illegal?

Ayden Rodriguez
Ayden Rodriguez

West Point had an antifa faggot graduate. Everyone hates him and he’s getting charged for his social media.

Owen Reed
Owen Reed

Lat/long of the vessel and heading you boondocker wearing faggot.

Josiah Campbell
Josiah Campbell

whats it like being a mexican?

Asher Cooper
Asher Cooper

Do you have cunts onboard and fo you fuck them?

Jordan Howard
Jordan Howard

he’s getting charged for his social media.
do you guys still fire people out of cannons? do that.

Wyatt Long
Wyatt Long

I enlisted with a bachelors. You are automatically bumped to E3. Every advancement exam will give you 4 points. But fuck that.
See officer recruiter take the officers version of ASVAB. You will be picked and assigned a designator and you'll attend OCS. Look for a non competitive community. Most retarded officers become a Chop which is a supply officer. Cake job good money. Promotions to 03 guaranteed.

Dominic Watson
Dominic Watson

Not op
But I heard it may be in production for the next steven segal movie.

James Perez
James Perez

China used Pikachu it's not very effective.

Julian Mitchell
Julian Mitchell

I heard that the Navy was actually just one big secret experiment to manufacture the AIDS virus ?

Levi Bennett
Levi Bennett

all you fuckers are weird as shit, not that us topsidders are any better but still.

Joshua Butler
Joshua Butler

NEVER GO NUKE

Josiah Edwards
Josiah Edwards

LARP

Jordan Diaz
Jordan Diaz

I heard the same thing about your country.

Zachary Anderson
Zachary Anderson

says the one with the niggers

Anthony Hernandez
Anthony Hernandez

Also where are your type 3's you fucking shit bird.

Ethan Jenkins
Ethan Jenkins

No op but 30 days.

Wyatt King
Wyatt King

Thank you brother. I will do more research on it tomorrow. I honestly do appreciate your time, as well as the other few anons.

Jonathan Gomez
Jonathan Gomez

Hey wait a minu.... FUCK YOU !!!!

Nathan Foster
Nathan Foster

checkmate.

Cooper Ortiz
Cooper Ortiz

also check out the nursing program. the navy is in a big need. if you really feel ambitious if you pass the mcat you can become a dr. on the navy's dime

Carter Allen
Carter Allen

Where do you poo in a submarine?

Jaxson Reed
Jaxson Reed

IN LOO

David Collins
David Collins

This post has been forwarded to US Cyber Command and the Commander of US Navy Cyber Forces.

The digital pattern on your uniform is unique pattern registered with US Cyber Command. It is a QR code of sorts that contains the same information as your dog tags.

You will receive an email or phone call shortly about your violation of UCMJ.

Logan King
Logan King

Not a question. Just a thank you.
I'm a wealthy banker and I'm getting a huge bonus this year. My defense industry investments are soaring.
Being on a submarine, you're risking a lot to make me rich. I thank you. My kids thank you. You are a hero.

Noah Bennett
Noah Bennett

How much more do you make a year, as a submariner, than other sailors of your rate?

Joseph Martinez
Joseph Martinez

Question about joining Navy and working on the sub.

I'm prior service Army, got out 2 years ago to go to school to get my BSN.

Can Navy nurses volunteer to go on Subs or do you guys only have corpsmans/IDC's/PAs on subs?

Think it would be cool to go out on a sub as a nurse.

Evan Allen
Evan Allen

Where do you jerk off on the boat? Aren't there people around you all the time?

Xavier Campbell
Xavier Campbell

......detecting.....
......Silverdale, WA.....
......Bangor Trident Base.....

John Cooper
John Cooper

Considering you can buy them used at the Clothing and Sales, you're a fucking dipshit spook.

Asher Russell
Asher Russell

Why do you guys act like such fags in Bremerton?

Isaiah Scott
Isaiah Scott

toilet?
shower?
rape room?

Ethan Anderson
Ethan Anderson

No, he's literally on the Ohio. His boat was in Kitsap a few months back.

Jason Ortiz
Jason Ortiz

in the smaller sailors assholes

Christopher Diaz
Christopher Diaz

Straya your going to confuse the guy

Jaxon King
Jaxon King

Thinking of joining the armed forces. Tell me the pros and cons of the Navy.

Aaron Nelson
Aaron Nelson

It's supremely illegal. Dude is probably in military prison right now.

Aaron Clark
Aaron Clark

Trying to educate an Indian where to shit is like teaching calculus to a monkey.

Christopher Wilson
Christopher Wilson

How bad are the showers? I've heard some horror stories from other subfags.

tfw surface isn't any better

Women should never be let anywhere near a ship desu.

Dominic Fisher
Dominic Fisher

I remember that shit.

Whats even more fucked up is that he was prior enlisted as an 11b or 11c who actually went to Iraq/Afganistan (Notice the CIB on his uniform)

We really need to weed out the liberals in the military and prevent them from joining, they are a danger to the military and those who serve.

Jason Bailey
Jason Bailey

OP here, I'm back

About 40ish days
I've gone 60 without seeing daylight

Nothing more than the rest of Sup Forums

Hunter Edwards
Hunter Edwards

not op but sub fag who just got out
im your rack, usually into a sock
navy has idcs on subs. as a nurse you will go in as an o. idcs suck. for guys in the prp on subs they can give you any prescription drugs so they usually told us to get some fresh air or some sunlight.
you get paid a good bit more. sub pay is on a scale based on rank and years. you also get sea pay based on the same. As an e5 with 3 years on board I was getting an extra 800 bucks a month.Military pays well. don't be fooled.

Lucas Lopez
Lucas Lopez

Naw, just had my rack curtain ripped open while jerking it a few times

Hudson Davis
Hudson Davis

It was Afghanistan, I remember reading that.

Caleb Cruz
Caleb Cruz

Thanks for the reply.

Jeremiah Foster
Jeremiah Foster

Not my base
Lol nice try Chief

Jaxson Robinson
Jaxson Robinson

......detecting.....

Carter Scott
Carter Scott

I've gone 60 without seeing daylight
thats rookie numbers compared to the NEETs here

Charles Thomas
Charles Thomas

How many people on board would have to go rogue to be able to aim and fire any missiles, also can you target missiles from onboard, or are you sent co-ordinates in the event of being given the order to launch?

Jace Roberts
Jace Roberts

Hello Mr. Fairwater...

Joshua Diaz
Joshua Diaz

Kek
Another boomerfag, I see.

Cooper Collins
Cooper Collins

Dumbass thinks NK is ran by gooks and not cianiggers

Ryan Hernandez
Ryan Hernandez

looks like OP came back to the thread.
what do you think of the People's Republic of China? The South China Sea is part of China

Luis Bennett
Luis Bennett

Fuck off fifty center.

Robert Edwards
Robert Edwards

Oh what a lovely tea party.

Aaron Young
Aaron Young

O P S E C

Benjamin Rogers
Benjamin Rogers

impossible. key from safe comes off haul. same with your vanguard boats.

Liam Perry
Liam Perry

Is Trump well liked?

Jackson Sanchez
Jackson Sanchez

AntiShartBlue Bump!

Henry Morgan
Henry Morgan

when your tub is stuck on the bottom of the ocean and air is running out, what will you do in your last moments?
a) kiss you best mate and tell him you've always loved him
b) jerk yourself silly and waste everyone else air
c) cry and scream 'till they put you out of misery for wasting their air
d) shoot yourself out of the torpedo hole?

Joseph Lee
Joseph Lee

Most boomers aren't getting those for another year. I'd be out of uniform if I tried wearing them.

Josiah Lewis
Josiah Lewis

kek'd and almost checked

Aaron Howard
Aaron Howard

negative. he said he is on a boomer. probably the KY

David Rogers
David Rogers

Definitely a)
Yes, very much so

Isaac Jones
Isaac Jones

About the San Juan:

A lot of folks saying it was the bongs who sank the SJ. Allegedly, the sub was doing some espionage near the Falklands and it got within range of British defenses, who are not taking shit right now because they just installed a missile defense there. The Argentinean government won't come out and say "we decided to spy on the limeys and we got our asses handed to us", hence the cover up.
So, Is this likely?

Christopher Wood
Christopher Wood

yes. submarines love the bantz

Julian Carter
Julian Carter

1.What's the anti-cavitation thingy called? Y'know, like (iirc) seawolf/virginia and some other subs have this ringy thing around the propeller to increase water pressure and I can't even find on google how it's called.
2. Do you play cold waters?

Andrew Wood
Andrew Wood

I wouldn't be surprised. Most recent story I heard was that there was flooding in the battery well, and the buildup of nitrogen gas caused an explosion. I guess they couldn't isolate the battery well on ventilation?

Angel James
Angel James

Do you guys still use SOSUS?
Why are Submarines called boats and not ships?
can you hear wales singing in the sub?

Kevin Clark
Kevin Clark

Only a couple years
AMA let me give you the answers

my socks have higher time in service than you

Christopher Kelly
Christopher Kelly

Do you know a single person who wants trannies in the military? Have you met any of the so called 15,000 trannys in the military?

Nolan Perry
Nolan Perry

I hoped that was the case, thanks for the reply

Caleb Ramirez
Caleb Ramirez

Make your own thread, Chief

Aaron Russell
Aaron Russell

Why must you pick on Brazil?

Jason Richardson
Jason Richardson

How does it feel to be a jewcuck, killing or assisting killers all so you have a high chance of ending up in a box instead of furthering your race or being a productive member of society? They don't even pay you as many shekels as a McDonalds manager, do they?

Jordan Morris
Jordan Morris

change your fucking socks faggot
t. corpsman

Connor Cooper
Connor Cooper

sure thing, boot

Adrian Baker
Adrian Baker

No and no.
Although...I wouldn't mind some cute traps on board.

Brody Perry
Brody Perry

Op is a fag.
/thread

Thomas Howard
Thomas Howard

too busy

Ryan Lopez
Ryan Lopez

wouldn't mind some cut traps on board

FUCKING FAGGOT NAVY CONFIRMED

Jaxson Clark
Jaxson Clark

ur supposed to thank them for their cervix

Joshua Young
Joshua Young

t. the fag who's been in for 18 years, is still an E6, wears tacticool clothes everywhere and paints Warhammer figurines religiously

Noah Carter
Noah Carter

a trap would be better than all the bukkake he does

Dylan Brooks
Dylan Brooks

I poo in a bucket where I mix dirt with my poo-poo.
What do you do?
On the ocean blue?

Jordan Ross
Jordan Ross

I'd prepare to join the General Belgrano

Noah Jenkins
Noah Jenkins

wouldn't mind some cut traps on board
cut traps
cut
Taking Back Sunday called they want their hit song back.

Jack Hill
Jack Hill

pretty good, seeing as though McJew shills don't get to kill people. I'd say that's an upside. If you survive, it's the ultimate test of darwinism, you come back, and spread your survivalist genes. Your children will be warriors just like yourself. Unlike anfag keyboard warriors.

Aaron Howard
Aaron Howard

He's voluntold to perform this, yes

Joseph Cruz
Joseph Cruz

How many nukes to pacify Canadia?

Wyatt Sanchez
Wyatt Sanchez

Canada could be pacificed with one torpedo

Christian Roberts
Christian Roberts

YOU MUST BE SOME CRUSTY NCO WHO CAN'T UPGRADE

At least I'm not a faggot on an internet forum who openly admit he's only seen service for a couple of years and wants to act like he has all the answers

Benjamin King
Benjamin King

The Falklands shit is fucking hilarious, give it the fuck up already, they are fighting over a shit island with noting of value on it.

Parker Robinson
Parker Robinson

OP you're aware the U.S. military encodes unique identifiers into the camo patterns on all their uniforms so they can find out when people do shit like pic related, right?

Jack Bailey
Jack Bailey

Also, I'm proud of my DG, thanks

Ryder Flores
Ryder Flores

Do you play cold waters?

He does it in real life.

Camden Harris
Camden Harris

I've made it plenty clear that I don't have all the answers, I'm really just answering questions about submarine life

Aiden Morales
Aiden Morales

holy shit......

Jose Cook
Jose Cook

Know any rumours about our lost sub?

Camden White
Camden White

nah, fuck that faggot. he can thank me for my cervix, popping out two superior gene white boys who will actually fight for our freedom and be productive members of society, working real jobs.

survivalist genes
Putting yourself in s stupid, dangerous situation and getting lucky you came back in one piece doesn't give you survivalist genes you fucking welfare whore. Go defend yourself or someone in your society who is actually in danger and THEN you get to claim your superior genes. And I don't mean getting drunk and punching someone in the bar because he insulted you by hitting on your boyfriend. I mean like based stickman.

keyboard warriors
Yes, I have the time to bullshit and debate on the internet, as well read, and screw off, all while being a successful person who does good for my community. I'll wear "keyboard warrior" as a badge any day. Doesn't hurt my feelings none that I made a better career choice than you.

Carson Rogers
Carson Rogers

gib ancap waifu now

Logan Kelly
Logan Kelly

I'm really just answering questions about submarine life

is it normal for a sub to have barnacles on the hull while underway, and if not what problems could that create ?

sorry just woke up.

Mason Powell
Mason Powell

nah fuck Argentina

Juan Foster
Juan Foster

proving yourself in battle doesn't mean you have superior genes

K

I'll wear keyboard warrior as a badge of honor any day

Your waifu must be proud

Michael Stewart
Michael Stewart

My dad was a Navy submariner. He served on USS Sargo and USS Benjamin Franklin back in the late '60s - early '70s

Adam Powell
Adam Powell

they are fighting over a shit island with noting of value on it.

No. The islands are sitting on a big pile of oil.
TBF, they may not have known that in the 80's.

Asher James
Asher James

get qualified coner nub!

Owen Williams
Owen Williams

Oh, (you)!

Nolan Morgan
Nolan Morgan

So how many Spetsnaz can each Russian twin reactor icebreaker hold? They have 12 now.
When they invade Alaska how is the navy going to do us any good?

Samuel Cooper
Samuel Cooper

What kind of porn do you jack off to three miles underwater?

Is it pregnant Anne Frank porn?

Jacob Young
Jacob Young

Trick question, Canada isn't real. New question... How many of your crew would cry if a nuke was launched?

Angel Jones
Angel Jones

If I knew of any, I'd sell them to the many many lonely ancap men who dread settling with "good christian conservative girls," which are a close second but just don't have the same brain and fire. Want trancap? I have a few of those as friends. LOL. Not good waifu material, but they make good short term girlfriends.

Isaac Green
Isaac Green

convince your captain to strike a deal with North Koreans to hijack and sell off the submarine with all it's payload.

why the fuck would you want to return to the US anyways?

you fuckers can have it made like a live grenade!

Xavier Morales
Xavier Morales

see, even kek commands it

DO IT

Josiah Brown
Josiah Brown

navyfag how much you get paid for being on a sub and do you guys ever get scared when you do deep dives?

if the sub's engine failed or something and you guys got stuck on the bottom of the ocean could you be rescued? how long could you guys survive underwater if sub got stuck?

Chase Watson
Chase Watson

ay, what's wrong with painting Warhammer minis?

Ethan Rodriguez
Ethan Rodriguez

pussy sitting on the sideline detected.

Aiden Wright
Aiden Wright

Whatever. You come on here to eat up attention like a camwhore. Guess homosexuals really are like women?

Nolan Mitchell
Nolan Mitchell

They've been pushing VMS for at least a couple years

Mason Taylor
Mason Taylor

On the sideline of what? I live in a nice community. Raise my boys. Let their father teach them their fighting skills. In the rare event that someone attacked me or my family I would shoot them dead. Their dad has been in plenty of brawls for honorable reasons, I think I did my part breeding with him and raising his boys!

Xavier Anderson
Xavier Anderson

should I go navy officer nuke AKA NUPOC ????

Evan Rogers
Evan Rogers

breeding with him and his boys

Gays can't reproduce

Evan Gonzalez
Evan Gonzalez

A lot of noise but nothing too relevant.

Maybe this?
youtube.com/watch?v=rKmDd71ZbQ8

Christian Myers
Christian Myers

They still have blueberrys? I thought they were replacing it with something else.

Isaac Davis
Isaac Davis

Yes, if you hate yourself and want to suffer/make others suffer

t. work with nukes

Landon Sanchez
Landon Sanchez

explain yourself, thot!

Cooper Jenkins
Cooper Jenkins

Don't. You'll end up with an art5 for a DUI as your sanity begins to slip. You'd wish that the thing to end your career was a bullet to the arm instead of a bullet in your record.

Nathaniel Evans
Nathaniel Evans

art15* fuck

Levi Nelson
Levi Nelson

Hey Mate thanks for your service. How long can your submarine stay underwater for?

Parker Powell
Parker Powell

How do I make a splash in the navy with a Physics Bsc. ?

Noah Evans
Noah Evans

I'm thinking about going CA police and then see what happens from there. Anyone else thinking law enforcement? I'm currently at a community college in CA.

Dylan Ward
Dylan Ward

Get into materials science and like weapons specialty shit

Alexander Butler
Alexander Butler

Why is Navy football such shit?

Nathan Evans
Nathan Evans

Youre not getting it back pedro.

unless you look for it in the least expected places.

that is all I'll tell you, because valuable information costs $$$$$$$$

Hudson Thompson
Hudson Thompson

How do I shot web?

What do I tell recruiter if anything at all?

How do I enter navy research ?

pls halp

Austin Torres
Austin Torres

talk to a recruiter, or an officer of the appropriate level.

This is a thread created by a Junior Enlisted with at least two years on a boat. You won't get accurate officer info.

Josiah Price
Josiah Price

I'm well aware two men can't reproduce, see:
What does that have to do with me making babies with my husband? inb4 tits or gtfo, this isn't /b/ and the only reason my sex came up was relevant to the conversation. Now thank me for my cervix. I'm doing my job to combat the birthrate of degenerates like a good German woman.

Nicholas Hill
Nicholas Hill

Would be surprised if we bombed them but not shocked.
Have you ever encountered anything on your sonar/radar that was large and behaved in an erratic manner - like the UFO equivalent of underwater?
Also, in terms of submarine defense/offense, are the two relatively balanced (as in you can defend yourself against an offense) or is offense a far more effective tactic and first strike wins?

Ian Morgan
Ian Morgan

this ;-)

Jordan Taylor
Jordan Taylor

tits or gtfo

and since you wont provide anyways

gtfo

William Foster
William Foster

NOBODY ASKED ABOUT YOUR SEX, YOU BROUGHT IT UP ROASTIE

Levi Adams
Levi Adams

2nd this..

Be careful OP

Opsec buddy
Every puzzle piece counts navyfag.

Isaiah Lee
Isaiah Lee

OS2 nukedrop here. VMS has nothing to do with avoiding contacts at night. Either CIC was fucking off taking naps or the bridge was telling CIC fuck off i'm taking a nap

Jaxson Ramirez
Jaxson Ramirez

What made you want to dive down underwater with all dudes?

Besides being gay of course.

Adrian Cox
Adrian Cox

I'm not a degenerate attention whore. If you want that feel free to /soc/

Sorry that you can't read degenerate. I said it was RELEVANT to the conversation, not that I was asked.

Jonathan Robinson
Jonathan Robinson

Hey OP, can you imagine dying in a submarine accident?

Have you ever thought about those grief-stricken panicked moments when all hell breaks loose? When even the most senior onboard realise that their fate is sealed by the miles of cold, crushing salt-water around them?

Can you imagine the fear, the adrenaline when things first start to go wrong? When some equipment fails, and suddenly water starts coming inside?

Can you imagine when the lights go out? What about when the hull starts lurching in ways it's not supposed to, when bodies start tumbling into walls, and panic-stricken screams echoe throughout the dread ridden hull of your tomb?

Can you comprehend the feeling of being trapped, as your Co2 absorbent powder runs dry, inhaling your last clean breaths knowing you will never be rescued?

Can you imagine, when the salt-water mixes with the chlorine, inhaling hydrochloric acid into your lungs? Can you imagine it in a pitch-black, slowly sinking metal tube surrounded by the desparate screams of doomed men while the hull lurches and screeches with the inevitable incoming pressure which will seal your fate?

Can you imagine the feeling of your froth-corrupted lungs spewing blood while the water creeps above your neck, your jaw, and your nostrils? Can you feel the panic?

Can you think about how it would feel to have your ears and sinus press inside of itself as the pressure inside the stricken metal tube equalises with the cold depths just outside?

Have you thought about what that would be like?

Also; I spoke to a submarine commander who was in vietnam. He said that once, their radar or whatever picked up a massive object in front of them, moving rapidly inside a river mouth they were positioned at. It gripped the sub and rocked it, causing huge panic and no-bullshit war-face reactions. Eventually it fucked off and they figured it was a giant squid. Any cool stories like this? Or weird happenings / war story's you've heard?

Charles Miller
Charles Miller

post wrist/ham hock

Brandon Price
Brandon Price

You forgot Jerusalem

Jordan Jones
Jordan Jones

are you from Florida?
did your gf use to post on ats?

Kayden Russell
Kayden Russell

well what did we do to piss off the beaks?

Gabriel Barnes
Gabriel Barnes

DOH!!!

Ryan Flores
Ryan Flores

How many laws did I break taking photos of the Ohio classes in port at Norfolk?

Kayden Sanders
Kayden Sanders

e-4 on a submarine

One of my buddies, only in for 1 year now, was put on a submarine and got to take the E-5 exam last september. How many tests have you failed? What's your rate?

Lucas Brooks
Lucas Brooks

You may be able to go SWO; that career is flexible in whom they accept. Don't expect anything else like aviator or anything else, they'll actually require a stem degree.

Christopher Foster
Christopher Foster

OP, you had better answer these questions about ayyys and underwater strangeness. Give the people what they want.

Jackson Fisher
Jackson Fisher

Oh god cut your dirty nails and shave your arms you fucking hambeast.

Nathan Wood
Nathan Wood

Those finger nails remind me of this.

Benjamin Sanders
Benjamin Sanders

submariner
Are all of you manlets per requirement?

Parker Gonzalez
Parker Gonzalez

No, no questions. Just a thank you for your service.

Leo Cox
Leo Cox

forensically examining stitching on the embroidery

Cross referencing high rez photos in our records.

soon

Easton Smith
Easton Smith

Are the rumours of the golden ruvet true?

Gabriel Rodriguez
Gabriel Rodriguez

What game is this?

Easton Walker
Easton Walker

What game is this?

Owen Bennett
Owen Bennett

A key just closes an electric circuit, if its just a key switch you can hotwire it quite easy. If its like a smart key or something it would be harder but seeing as how the land based missile systems are still being controlled by computers built in the 70's I doubt it.

Juan Hughes
Juan Hughes

You clearly don't see the strategic advantage of having a land base so close to Antarctica.

Expand your measly vision from the next 3 years to 300 or 1000.

Bentley Kelly
Bentley Kelly

1) do you really have metal cans of air that you crack open so you have oxygen?
2) who do you think would win, in a wrestling match? DJT or KJU?
3) is the submarine claustrophobic?
4) is the submarine noisy when submerged undewater?
5) do you carry weapons like handguns and rifles on the submarine? or do you just rely on nukes/missiles etc that are built into the sub?
5) is the nuclear reactor noisy? or is it silent?

good work subfaggot user. stay safe

Adam Parker
Adam Parker

25 15 21 6 15 21 14 4 13 5

Adrian Flores
Adrian Flores

being a faggot, i forgot to ask this,
when you fly on aeroplanes, your ears can pop sometimes. does that ever happen when you go deep underwater?

have you ever come close to another submarine? be it allied or enemy?

thanks

Jacob Nguyen
Jacob Nguyen

I am an ex RN submariner so will answer a few of those.
1)Electrolysis of seawater produces oxygen, in an emergency you can use oxygen candles but these are dangerous as fuck and only to be used as a last resort.
2)?
3)Yes, plenty of people discover they have claustrophobia only when they go to sea for the first time, there is no place aboard you can go for privacy.
4)Very quiet compared to skimmers, not what I would call loud.
5)We only had L85A2 rifles on the Trafalgar class boats, I had to pass a pistol course though so it is very possible the other classes carried those as well.
6)Loud enough that you need ear defenders when back aft, the only time things are silent is during a reactor scram, those are creepy as fuck.

Nolan Roberts
Nolan Roberts

Almost every nigger in bootcamp nearly drowns the first time they try to float. Then they get sent to the kiddie pool.

Logan Nguyen
Logan Nguyen

Oxygen candles don't remove CO2, you die from too much CO2 long before you die from lack of oxygen.

Brandon Smith
Brandon Smith

The only nig nog we had during phase 1 sank like a fucking stone, he was straight from Africa (Ghana) and had never swam before in his life. He was too ashamed to admit it until after he had stepped off the diving board and was pulled out by two PTI's, he needed remedial swimming lessons all though training but eventually scraped a pass.

Dylan Bailey
Dylan Bailey

I never mentioned CO2, we have scrubbers to handle that when the power is on and shitty manual ones when you are in the shit.

Aaron Ramirez
Aaron Ramirez

I know armed forces/police should be apolitical, but why fire a guy or throw him in prison for his politics? If that's true then why are democrats allowed to serve?

Landon Edwards
Landon Edwards

jesus christ is that guy okay? it looks like his leg is all swollen cos he broke it

Asher Foster
Asher Foster

thanks. i love your shed. you got some cool shit in there.

Lincoln Bennett
Lincoln Bennett

Brit user, do you think its possible the british took out the argentina sub? what do you think happened?

Asher Baker
Asher Baker

I seriously doubt we took it out, we have nothing to gain by doing so and if the wreck is ever found it will be very obvious if a torpedo had hit it. I guess pride makes people want to blame others rather than admit they fucked up due to shitty training and piss poor budget.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit