Last I heard during the promotion tour for Godzilla, Anno had mentioned that he was working on Rebuild 4.0...

Last I heard during the promotion tour for Godzilla, Anno had mentioned that he was working on Rebuild 4.0. Have there been any other updates since then?

Other urls found in this thread:

neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4904.html
neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4898.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wikipedia has conflicting info

i dont think theres a release date yet

No release date, the last info was animator confirming to be working on it around november.

No. He just stated after he was finished with showing godzilla off, he was ready to get back and finish EVA.

No mention of when he would start work, no mention of how much was done already, just that the break was nice.

Didn't Takeshi Honda say recently that they hadn't even started animating yet?

Did all of you missed the olympics? 4.0 is confirmed for 2020.

Just this

What are the odds of this thing actually being in the movie?

Why would you want a sequel when Anno fucked up literally everyone character and screentime just so he could pander to fujoshits?

It was vaporized in 2, so non-zero but it would be the most contrived thing.

what are the odds of having the MPE back in the movies?
are shinji and asuka finally going to fuck?

Anno continues to procrastinate

meanwhile, in China...

How much is this sole animator being paid?

Weren't those what was at the end of the preview?

He did that in the original too

>literally in one episode and in only in 5 minutes in EoE
>pandering

I don't think so, he's basically thrown Asuka's hot and cold relationship with Shinji in the dumpster to appeal to fujoshits.

In one episode only. Here we got full gay piano mode and Kaji's gay jokes
Looks like we've lost anime to middle-aged degenerate women, time to move on

>Have there been any other updates since then?
see
>the site
neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4904.html
neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4898.html

>are shinji and asuka finally going to fuck?

Considering that Asuka is a dyke now, unlikely.

Well considering Anno married a fujoshit, he must be pretty happy about that

That's no excuse for shitting all over Neon Genesis Evangelion with Rebuild.

It's not considered shitting to him

Anno tried to warn you fuckers. He warned you that the future is going to be full of alienation and anxiety, a place no one talks to anyone. Rebuild is your "reward" for not trying to make the world a better place.

Considering he's ruined Asuka's character so hard she's barely recognizable, nothing of value was lost. Shikinami a shit.

Asuka is supposed to be a new character instead of Souryu. I think he mentioned that in the 2.0 mats that Kaworu is a continuation of the same character while Asuka is a new one so he had to establish her again.

Do we really want 4.0 or 3.0+1.0 or whatever it will be called?

It can only do a few things: finish off the rebuild movies in a way that justifies why people think the rebuilds are terrible, bring an ending that makes EoE seem like a joke in comparison to the sadness it brings or just more bullshit for evageeks to debate about for another 20+ years.

I'm skeptical. For me, the series ended at EoE and the rebuilds are fanservice to be enjoyed as just what the are and nothing more.

Then maybe he should have created a new character. Although seeing how he botched Mari, who is still a pointless literally who two movies in, I get why he didn't.

He made rebuild so he could make his timeloop Kaworu x Shinji star crossed lovers love story fanfiction canon

Its a difficult one for sure. I always wonder how star wars fans feel about their reboot. Its like, sure it didnt really add anything or live up to the original, but everyones so desperate to recreate that magic of watching something like star wars or evangelion that their willing to accept things like the rebuilds or the star wars reboot, even if they know itll never truly be the same.

I alternate between depressed worrrying about "what if im dissapointed" and elated excitement thinking "what if I can re live that feeling of eva"?

>Rebuild design
It's shit.

Rebuild was a mistake

They like Star Wars because it's Star Wars. They like the games and the original movies. And as long as the PnP game exists you can make your own stories and just disregard the reboots and the prequels.

After 3.0 I really don't care, 3.0 sucked balls badly.

He should have them fucking on screen and end this topic already.

Don't care after train wreck 2.0

>ads at the olympics
Bravo Anno

Definitely this. I was huge into Star Wars all growing up and I'm just ignoring the new stuff for the most part.