Overlord

>story with Lizard humanoids NOT being the villains/barbaric rape monsters a la Orc

Why hate vol4? I expect Ainz making the lizardmen shit their not-wearing pants part in the manga to come next month, seeing how it is progressing

btw, part 1 of recap movie is expected to be 25th of Feb, part 2 could be March 11th

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PnYqHLmwueg&t=103s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stuff So-bin himself made for the movie promo

Poster for part 2

whens the next manga chapter

Oh right for the part 1 of the movie

hopefully end of Feb

Also, will manga show the Lizardmen breeding ritual?

Vol.12 expected to be released in August

but it could be delayed

youtube.com/watch?v=PnYqHLmwueg&t=103s

If worth mentioning, this will be in the movie part 1

the band that did the ED

So bin is such a good artist. pls draw more best bug

dang. theres a lot of waiting until something comes out huh?

how you doin

Is there any special material coming out with the movie, like a drama CD?

Shalltear-sama is looking especially beautiful today!

Unfortunately she has to share space in that poster with Albutto.

On a random note, is the PDF for volume 11 out yet? I've read the volume itself when it came out, but couldn't find a PDF for it for archiving.

If they were barbaric rapists or something, they're all would likely be culled.
And i doubt that anyone would reproach Ainz for genociding them, like in pic related.

It exists, it is on Google Drive, just grab it from the reddit topic.

I heard another drama CD is coming

Crusch is cute

like a pet or something

I wanted to mention this in the last topic, but Nazarick's very existence seems to lead to a butterfly effect:

-Ainz gives the Horn of the Goblin General to Enri, which leads to her leveling up quickly and turning into a real gob General
-Climb meets Sebas, leading him to develop the super-powerful Martial Art "Limit Break"
-Brain meets Shalltear, leading him to develop the super-powerful Martial Art "Nail Clipper".

Nazarick has controlled trial development of technologies, like Nfirea's purple potion and Hamsuke's martial arts, but the incidental things seem like they could easily get out of control.

(And, the three individuals who lead to those problems, Shalltear, Ainz and Sebas, are the ones most prone to fuckups so far)

seems like that kind of thing happened every time a player arrived in the NW

Because not enough muh Nazarick fellation.

Like the Theocracy Counsil has said, powerful can't hide forever here. They will reveal themselves to the world, by accident or not.
Still, the influence of the players is not always bad. Humanity would have been wiped out without the 6 gods help and 8 greed kings genocidal campaigns. And how much more shitty things would have been without AInz? The biggest one is the fate of the dwarven race.

Where are the translations?
Also, why do TL cucks drop translating something just because it gets an official translation? It's not like the official is going to catch up any time soon.

Entoma is a good girl

Fear of legal reprisal, sometimes directly as result of receiving cease and desist letter

Translations of what? Literally everything that is out has been translated.

Hi FBI

9>10>6>3>2>1>4>8>7>11>5

IMO, not saying 5 is bad though

>And how much more shitty things would have been without AInz?

Ainz created a multiculture village. N-xit soon.

>basically culled the biggest crime organization in human countries

4 is better than 11?

Please explain this 11 is top 3 for me. after 2 and 9.

I want Entoma to eat my insides!

4 is objectivly the worst. Its the first vol of original material not yet adapted to anime. So people will watch the anime, get intersted in the series, read the first three volumes to catch up, but THEN have to wade through a drastic change of pace that is lizard secks and climb.
Its not exactly a bad volume, just a big boring hurdle to test if you really like the series.

9>10>8>11>7>1-2-3>5-6>4

The next two panels make this even better.

check'ed

>good girl

Reminder Yuri said Entoma is not bad too. Does not mean good.

You forgotten Albedo basically gave Philips his frame. If not he is just an extra.

I think Invaders of the Great Tomb is the worst. All of the action could have fit into a single chapter.

Like I get the point was look at these cool workers, they're humans with hopes and dreams and oh shit Ainz murdered them all horribly, he really IS a villain, but the only group the reader is going to feel any attachment to is Foresight. The chapters with the other groups are basically filler.

I think calling the main guy "Termite" also sorta foreshadowed how things were gonna go a little too heavily, but hey, my fault for knowing English.

It was clear from the moment forsesight mentioned a unknown tomb in the kingdom that they would be wiped out...it was interesting how they have been wiped out beside all point stating that there is something maintaining the tomb. They still get in deeper out of greed.

Ill agree that 7 is as slow as 4, and the climax being "lolsoedgy" was termite the blue armor guy? man I legit fest physical distress when reading his "end".

however there was so much good shit in that vol it makes up for it alot better then did vol4.

>tea time with death kights and ojou-sama
>duke of terror being cheeky
>neurtonist being "lewd"
>Fleuder spraying spaghettie on the ceiling
>hamske training with lizards and DK-kun
>Ainz sparing for funsies
>shalltear oohing when ainz strips and likely touching herself while watching ainz utterly destroy their courage and beliefs

it was fun.

They were edged on by ainz then he acts like a retarded 12 year old and starts throwing a tantrum cause muh friends and hypocrisy.
The leader guy was awful too, he just made the whole start boring.

Vol 12 when I'm fucking dying here

I will agree with this user here.
While the vol7 was the weakest for me it has it high moments i like re-reading, and the vol4 climax was damn satisfying.
Fucking die then, volume 12 will come out in august and we need some fresh skellies here.

I have re-read 1-11 several times and I loved every bit of them. However, I admit the urge to skip over Climb portions is really high.

9 is without a doubt the best volume ever though.

I just read the mango because I found OP's picture funny and wanted to see what's it all about.

All of that "oh geez, he's so powerful undead" chapters were pretty boring and tedious to go through and I disliked the Shalltear mind-control arc completely and she should have died for good.

The pacing in "my lizard begins to show" chapter wasn't amazing either and there was still plenty of "I can't believe he's so strong" and "MOVE I WANT TO WATCH HIS AMAZING BACK" moments, but at least I felt the story was going somewhere.

>Solution @ vol 5

If our youngest was here… if we moved as Pleiades, then we wouldn’t have a
problem… She hesitated. She hesitated to the point where even she herself thought it was
excessive. Finally, she found her determination and opened her left hand.

What did she mean by this?
Who's the youngest in Pleiades again?

What was this part about?

The youngest is controlling the teleportation gates in Nazarick, Last born.

Speaking of LN parts we don't like to re-read, is anyone found himself skipping Shalltear fight itself, but not skipping all that before and after the fight?
Like, i really love all the build-up to the fight and the consequences of it on Ainz character, but not the fight itself.
I guess it's the reason why so many anons didn't like how anime shortened vol3 and manga decided to focus completely on a fight.
Ainz tells and hints us more at the beginning of volume 6.

Part about reporting to Ainz about Sebas. I think, it's about not wasting the message scroll given to her for emergencies. She didn't know the news that Demiurge can now produce low rank scrolls. So the youngest is last born, okay.

Lizard arc was great.

The thing is, Overlord is like two stories. You have the viewpoint where Nazarick is this behind-the-scenes unstoppable antagonist, and the scenes where it's Papa Bones and his Killer Kindergarden.

It seems like half the readers dislike the stuff involving Climb, Brain, Enri, the lizards etc. while the other half love it. The thing is, the Nazarick-focus parts are fun but the weakling-focused parts are much better written.

If there's a S2, it's going to face serious challenges with volumes not named 7.

>Enri
It's fine, the village life is well portrayed and interesting, it is directly tied with Nfirea and potion-making

>Brain
Webnovel prototype, Gazef fanboy, sets the bar for the average human martial arts user

>Lizard arc
Too dragged out as well, wasting a whole volume is too much.

>Climb
Muh princess here, muh princess there. It's definitely the worst offender of all.

I liked all of it except the final part with Foresight. Instead of giving us an opportunity to see more of Nazarick's mysteries, like the hell on the 8th Floor, it was like a compression of the later Gazeff/Go-Gin fights, but less interesting. Ainz basically bullied Foresight and that was dumb.

Hell, I would have enjoyed Foresight v. 5 Elder Liches more.

Climb is interesting just because he's paired with Renner who is transforming into a heteromorph. It's interesting to see where that development where go as Renner loses her face and humanity. Climb might be a simple character but his dedication to Renner is no less impressive than Gazeff's.

If there was a pacing issue with Lizards it had to be the one where Ainz brings the real Nazarick forces to the wetlands. Unless the army fight ends in La Shub Niggurath, army battles are going to be long stories to tell. Overlord had none of those in Volume 1-3 and only one later.

I felt like the whole setup of that volume was very satisfying/convincing that the lizardmen would start to worship Ainz. He completely, utterly shattered and rebuild their resolve. I feel like their loyalty is much higher than that of the Quagoa or Frost Dragons.

You're talking about justifying Climb's interesting points because of Renner's class change, but that doesn't happen until Vol 11. Stick to the lower volumes where Climb parts are so boring and irritating to read since he's literally a white knight wearing white armor.

Most of the vol 5-6 wasn't even about him but sebas so hate him instead.
Climb is a hardworker and the main point will be how he will react when he finds out about renner's true persona, will he go against her or follow along turning into a dark knight/guardian.

There's no reason to hate on Sebas, since he's a supporting character not a minor character like Climb.

Whether or not he goes with Renner after class change, he'd still be a plain character focused on his Princess.

That part of the story is badly written. It is like he is rushing to end the book or something.

Actually Climb is just "there" he would likely be not used in the later stages of the LN, since, what else can he do?

He is basically a character dreamed out to add more stuff into the world.

Without him, nothing changes.

I kinda like Climb because he sets the bar for power level of NW humans dispensable forces, which is laughably several times weaker than Nazarick's DKs.

I want to tickle that chin and make her tongue flick.

Actually Climb is considered to be one of the better ones NW humanity can offer. He is a generic NW human. No Ygg players items, no "God blood".

she is a married lizard, user

Well yeah, I meant the
>He is a generic NW human. No Ygg players items, no "God blood".
part, if a soldier is properly trained, instead of just given a spear and told to point the pointy end towards the enemy , then the max power of a talent-less generic soldier is exactly as much as Climb.

Speaking of climb, he is a minmaxed guardian/fighter and has no talent in magic so all his lv in magic goes into his stats which makes him way stronger than someone of the same lv.
All he needs is more sebas training and MA.

Yeah but he has no talent, he's literally Average Joe™ with actual training.

HE ALSO DOESN'T WEAR A HELMET AND THAT PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF.

That's for magic and hardcore training takes care of the no talent problem, just look at the lizards.

> just look at the lizards
Different species, naturally stronger than humans at it as well.
>That's for magic and hardcore training takes care of the no talent problem
Nope, that would mean Climb has some talent regarding physical ability.
Climb has no talent whatsoever, neither magic or physical, and is still weak at around level 15.

I remember we discussed this already, the main of weakness of vol11.
Too much focus on lizard village at the start and not enough focus at the retaking dwarf capital part. The 5th chapter felt really rushed as whole, genocide part especially.
I admit that i liked this vol though and the anticlimatic confrontation with the White Dargon lord is one of its highlights for me.

Yeah I have to admit, not enough time spent on lizard bro guide and on dwarves, Vol11 needed at least 20-30 more pages of their PoV

New chapter when?

He have theif talent i think.
all that stealh stuff like bell of opening locks, ninja sisters talking somthing about him and other.
But because muh princess...

>He have theif talent i think.
>all that stealh stuff like bell of opening locks
Just an item. Him being anything of talent as a thief just because he's got a magic item is like saying he's got talent as a fighter because he's got full plate and a weapon.
Kid is as plebeian as the word can define.

>Just an item.
Yes.
But why he take it with him? If you knight, and you think like knight, you will never take such thing with you. And they have theif in party, so why he take it?
He act like theif and think like thief, all that shit level mind games in the middle of fight and conspiracy theories about gazef actions in 9 volume, when gazef, gazef-fan, that dude from party in volume 7 that have sparring with ainz at the beggining, fight with reflexes and instinct.

I think there no thing like "no talent" just peoples, that cant find their own path. Damn, climb can have good talant in craftind and just dont relize that, he never try craft something.

>Different species, naturally stronger than humans at it as well.

That's why they're stuck riverside and cannibalizing each other right? way stronger.

>Climb has no talent whatsoever

Doesn't matter, he can still lv up through his sheer will for his princess and sparta training, sebas said so as well.
That's no longer an average person.

Uhm, heavy ESL there I see.
>But why he take it with him? If you knight, and you think like knight, you will never take such thing with you. And they have theif in party, so why he take it?
Because:
1 - He's not a knight, thats for nobility, he's a bodyguard
2 - Thief is just a temporary aide during that arc, he's almost always alone.
3 - Item allows him to expand his effectiveness, like Ainz said, covering for your weakness is the basics.

>That's why they're stuck riverside and cannibalizing each other right? way stronger.
Because bad luck, humans had 6GG help them, lizards had nobody.
>Doesn't matter, he can still lv up through his sheer will for his princess and sparta training, sebas said so as well. That's no longer an average person.
He can still get better, gain more battle experience and do as any other average farmer could do if effort is put properly, but he'll never be as strong or stronger than naturally talented people like Gazef of Clementine.
He's reached his physical peak, now he has to increase his effectiveness.

You forgot about their culture too. Only a few are willing to step out of the swamp and adventure.

>You're talking about justifying Climb's interesting points because of Renner's class change, but that doesn't happen until Vol 11

Wait
Volume 11 was all about Ainz, dwarves, white dragons, and naked Erni, no?

What bit am I forgetting?

I'm just reading the manga, not the ln,and I enjoyed the lizard parts.

Mostly because the travelling village chief's brother was a cool lizard, and the white lizard a cute

im liking the LN lt so far even though the translations is rough at times.

my only problem with it is that the is too much torture of people that didnt deserve it, i dont mind that whore getting mindbroken by cockroach-san and things like that to people that are shown to be scum. but for example the "sheep" demiurge uses to harvest their skin, heal them and harvest their skin again ad infinitum, its just a bit too horrible. at least for me.

also there are characters that deserve the worst nazarick has to offer but get off too lightly, like that fatso that got off torturing people and only got a relatively painless death (i get it though, considering sebas alignment), or clementine.

yea the official translations are utter shit. skyinthewoods does all the good fanslations. its what everyone here reads.
its good to buy the books and support the author tho.

as for the torture, you dont try to see the criminal history of an ant when you step on it do you? In fact, in this situation, a quick death is the greatest form of mercy a nazarickian can show a NWer.

Wonder if they sell posters of these.

That class-change bit happens when Albedo gives the item to Renner during her visit to the Kingdom.

And I believe she hasn't used the item yet as of volume 11.

9>6>10>3>11>2>1>5>8>7>4

Ainz almost seems to break character in 7, the change of pacing in 4 was like a slap in the face, 8 was also slow plus half of it was filler and the rest should be self explanatory.

So Yen is really pumping out the localizations aren't they. Already have Vol 4 on pre-order.

Honestly i think the lizard arc was my favorite. There's just something about how you are put in the perspective of the lizards instead and how ainz and the others become the bad guys.

Reading the comments in this thread reminds me of trying to read Overlord.

The use of the English language is fucking atrocious.

We do need more point of views from the other side. I like Ainz steamrolling everything, but you got to at least show the other side trying.

>ainz and others become the bad guys

they always were and will be the "bad guys"

Crush is like 2 meters tall no?

Nazarick is clearly Lawful Evil as hell but their actions through volumes 1-3 are mostly neutral, or can be justified as self-defense.

Demi will fuck up. Cant wait to see it.

Vol 4 at least had a great ending and a good battle. Climb was more boring and Vol 7 was a complete waste that led to nowhere.

The worst is the journey to the dwarfs. Its so fucking boring and nothing happens. Zenberu should have had more dialog too.

>and Vol 7 was a complete waste that led to nowhere
I LIKE to read about Enris happy village time

...Wasn't that volume 8?

Was it? Fuck I don't remember anymore. People usually gripe about Enri for some reason so I just assumed.

Silly people. How can you not like gob adventures? Comfiest part of the LN