Kodomo no Jikan

Anyone read it? What did you think?
This is the first manga I've read and the feels hit me like a brick at times.

Other urls found in this thread:

stopitnow.org/faq/the-scope-of-child-sexual-abuse-definition-and-fact-sheet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I read it 9 years ago.

What did you think of the ending?
For me on the one hand it's sorta perfect, but then on the other I wish there was more

It's a pretty shitty manga...one of the worst ever in fact, Unless you are into femdom,male torture(physical and Psychological) and have a ballbusting fetish, then the manga is perfect for you.
But IMO it's overrated hypocrite crap.

It caters to a certain kind of person, if you are that person then you'll probably love it. Probably best not to advertise it though

I really liked it, but I would have preferred the original ending where Rin was still a kid.

>the original ending
The what?

Houin should of won.

It's an incredibly well written manga with deep and complex characters more than most other literature ever written. Most people who don't like it are turned off by it's content just like most controversial good literature, it's a must read for just about everyone.
Backer rewards still haven't sent out notifications, I want my print collection already.

Apparently the reason Rin looked like a kid at the end was because the sex scene was drawn before it was decided there would be a time skip.

I love lolis....but this manga is full of unlikable characters and SHIT, also I'm not into ballbusting or lolis who dress up as Minnie Mouse.

>I hate Kuro in the anime, so I hate the series.

No I hate this!
and this isn't Kuro...neither is the Anime.

Came for the lewd

Stayed for the plot and actually decent romance

Still enjoyed the lewd though

>Stayed for the plot and actually decent romance
DECENT ROMANCE AND GOOD PLOT MY ASS.

Say anything you want about how "perfect" the manga and the characters are, But that girl stays the same bitch until the very end of the manga.

>plot and actually decent romance

Same desu
What? Almost all the characters went through major arcs as human beings and the end graduation ceremony was very touching because of this.
Then there's the romance which is pretty good too because again it spans most of the characters (except for Hoin and Kuro, they don't get to be with anyone kek)

Whoa, I like this a lot. Now I'm sad they did the time skip.

What? She goes through dramatic character development, especially through the Shirai arc, and came to accept Aoki too given her dream with the eggplant.

One scene, where Aoki had pissed Rin of severely.

Sorry user, the lolis here are by far some of the most selfish and unlikable pieces of shit to ever appear in a manga.

I went into it expecting a dumb comedy with sexualized little children, I got an incredibly thoughtful and moving drama (with sexualized little children).
The art is also top tier. There are few authors as good as Watashiya when it comes to clear lines. I can only think of Kio Shimoku, Kazuo Kamimura and Mitsuru Adachi right now, and only Shimoku as a similar artstyle.
She can also make great compositions but I think she was often lazy and didn't bother outside of some key pages.

It's one of my favorite manga but I dislike the ending. I'm not against lolicon in principle, but the execution felt unnatural, like the author sacrificed the quality of her work to satisfy her fetish.
I wouldn't have mind the ending if it was clearly dumb fetish-fuel from the beginning, but I think it lowered the value of the manga as a well-written drama. It's also basically impossible to recomment to someone who isn't at least tolerant of lolicon, even though it's just that good and deserves more recognition.

I also hated that Mimi ended up with Reiji, because he is a fucking piece of shit.

Like I said above, I would have preferred sensei not to end up with Kokonoe but I agree with you, the original ending would have been less retarded.

I'd have liked either the time skip or them getting together when she was a loli, but both just feels like a cop out.

>One scene, where Aoki had pissed Rin of severely.
You act like she didn't grab his balls at least twice on every volume hurting him and teasing him just for her own pleasure, Also getting him in trouble with the police.

>little children
I don't think this is a correct assessment, I'd say "big children" is better. Little children is "Little, even for children" and I don't think there are any 6 year olds being sexualized.

This is because the Japanese government passed a law to change how copyright and creative control liability are treated to the publisher, making it their problem that the ending would be considered "harmful" so she was forced to change it, I just hope that at some point she publishes a doujin setting it right with her original vision for the ending.

So since you like this manga SOOO much guys, Are you alright with pedophiles I mean they are humans too after all, I'm not kidding, Do you support them....or are just hypocrites too?

I feel the ending would've had more of an impact if she was still a kid.

She doesn't

Maybe she can include it in the english release. I know it won't happen, but I can dream.

I watched the show back whenever that aired, censored to shit. I still liked it a bunch though. But the censored dialogue got to me at times.

Yes she does.
She even say "I'm the only allowed to tease that's why i do it."

They did say they were working closely with her, maybe she'll have them set it right in an extra chapter or two in the bonus volume.

It would have been nice to have some volumes of them living on the run too.

Show your caps then.

Remember what MImi found in that one chapter. It's not illegal if they were in a prior relationship.

>but both just feels like a cop out.
Because it was. I don't have sauce for this but it seems reasonable to think that the editor forced her to do the time-skip. You don't start writing a story like that just to blue ball at the end.

Yes you are right. I thought of correcting it before posting but I was too lazy and hoped nobody would nitpick.
Iirc the kids are something like 9yo at the start and 12yo at the end (before the time-skip).

At 16, hence the time skip, it would have been illegal prior.

Yes, it goes from third to 6th grade.

No, 16 is the age for marriage. Mimi was looking up rules for the Age of Consent because she wanted Reiji's D.

>blue ball at the end.
With all the ballbusting it makes sense.

>editor forced her to do the time-skip
At the behest of the publisher, because of a law changed by the Tokyo diet, and the impending law that may have criminalized lolicon before that part of it was stricken.

Yes
we support it.

The relationship between Aoki and Rin is done well.

>Pedophiles
What does that have to do with KnJ user? All the girls are menstruating pretty early on in the manga, Aoki is a hebephile.

This, he isn't at all interested in Rin until she starts puberty in volume 4.

Damn, I can't find the page. It had Mimi at a computer with Houin's brother asking "Did someone do something to you" and Mimi responding with "If anything I plan to be the one who does something."

I have no problems with pedophiles as long as they stay within the law and don't abuse children.
People need to stop associating systematically pedophiles with children rapists, like all heterosexual men don't rape women.

Also, you can appreciate a piece of fiction, and even like the characters without thinking what they're doing is ok.
Besides, the MC of Kojika only ever cross a moral line, by having a relationship with his (former) pupil that's what really bothered me. The girls are 16 at the end, and even if I think that dating a 16 yo isn't a good idea for a full-grown adult, it's not enough of a reason to send the police after him.

And this But barely anyone outside of the academic fields uses the term correctly.

Yes, I meant publisher actually, thank you for correcting.

I do, at least to an extent. I believe that current attitudes towards both attraction to minors and children's sexuality do more harm than good.

I wish they hadn't of done the time skip though, it was fucking great until the ending but I could understand what was happening at the time.

True, but like anyone who wasn't familiar with the different terms would screech anything other than "paedophile"

Define "abuse"

Why? It seems self-explanatory to me.

Thanks.

For what?

My favorite part.

>abuse
What did he mean by this?

>lolis who dress up as Minnie Mouse.
That was one of the cutest thing I've ever seen in a manga.

>that girl stays the same bitch until the very end of the manga.
She isn't a bitch, she likes Rin, wants her to reciprocate her feeling and hates Aoki for being Rin's love interest.

Why does the timeskip trigger so many? It was the last chapter(s) and it didn't hurt anything.

It's not like it completely messed up the story like Usagi Drop or something

They fucked, so all is right in the world.

Because it was executed poorly and forced by the publisher.

Came for the lewd, found a surprisingly good story with incredible lewd.
Wish there was more of it though.

Also anyone remembers that "Watashiya ruined christmas" when it seemed like Rin had lost her hymen to the principal? I do

What's your problem? You can't into dictionaries?
Abuse=Forced sexual activity or physical assault

MODSSSSSSSS

delete this you mongrel

That's not what some people would have you believe

stopitnow.org/faq/the-scope-of-child-sexual-abuse-definition-and-fact-sheet

I was surprised by how involved I got with Shirai-sensei's arc in a mango about roris.
Still think she should've went the /ll/ way with Kuro instead of that other teacher

Nice false flagging. Now fuck-off.

Yeah, no. I'm not reading that. Now please talk about the manga or don't post at all.

It's pretty good.

It should have been Kuro and Bouin /ll/ after the BBS arc.

Those two really got the short end of the stick ;_;

Given Kuro already being a lesbian and Bouin caring so much as to anonymously council young girls about sexuality it would make sense.

Not that user but still, it would have been nice if Kuro at least confessed to Rin, got turned down then later got over it

I feel this would've been good as Kuro would've stopped being gay.