They were too hard on him

they were too hard on him

shinji was a big pussy

>Shinji, you'd better get in that giant robot with your weirdo friends or I won't love you any~moooore!
>But fatheeeeer! You never loved me!
>LOL Behold! Optic Blast!
>Kamina giving a thumbs up while mopping up LCL in the background

Gendoh was just a huge manchild who never learnt to take responsibility.

Too harsh.

But Gendo really loved his son. He was just a very strict parent that always expected results. He even admits he was too hard on him before he dies.

No he doesn't. He says that he drove him away because of his own issues.

There's a reason why Yui leaves his ass behind when she goes in her space tomb.

>Gendo's body never dissolved.

I remember a shitty theory from years back that he the bullet recoiled off Ritsuko's spine and hit him, Thus he dies and never get's to see Yui again. It's shitty, But it's plausible.

Quads say you might be right. Eva does have a lot of numerological symbolism in it, after all.

They can seemingly take people's souls from the recently dead. I took that scene as Yui's rejection of him since he selfishly deviated from her plan and used their son for his own ends.

I also choose to believe that Rei saved best girl's soul before she was blown the fuck up.

I know it shouldn't and it's just a dumb joke, but this picture triggers me so hard. It completely misses the point. It wouldn't bother me if this wasn't such a common thing that I see.

Then look at the post above it and be enlightened...sorta?

He was too absorbed with Yui. He only loved Shinji for Yui's sake.

In the end, Was Yui the ulterior antagonist?
Also hits it right on the head, Gendo only acknowledged he had a son because it was Yui's son.

He's really like Miyazaki.

Being unable to let go is what children do. By the end of the series even Shinji was more mature than Gendo. And when you get out-matured by Shinji fucking Ikari you know you deserve to fucking die.

>Was Yui the ulterior antagonist?
How? It was her plan from the get-go to use Unit-01 as an ark for humanity's souls and reject Instrumentality. SEELE and Gendo chose to do otherwise for their own selfish desires.

Well because user, Instrumentality was shit and everyone knows it deep down that they won't want to explode into orange juice and destroy all of humanity's hard fucking work in this world just for a few nips to feel okay.

>Convincing Gendo to fuck over all of humanity
>Creating a monument to all humanities sins by making a giant fucked up human to fight angels (Not really that bad but still war crimes)
>Completely confiding in an unstable man and then going and cheating on him.
Wow, It's almost like she was intentionally trying to ruin everything.

It was going to happen one way or another. Eventually Adam would grow back and destroy the human race. The whole point of the Second Impact was to buy them some time.

And cheated on who now?

Nigga, The nukes proved that Adam could at least be hurt, If they can make fucking gigantic robots to fight shitty aliens then they can launch Adam into the fucking sun.

Also it's a theory that Yui cheated on Gendo with Fyuutsuki and Gendo is not the father.

Gendo and Shinji look almost identical.

Also, wasn't Adam ridiculously more powerful than the angels? Weren't they his offspring like how we are Lilith's?

Yes, Adam's angels. But if he got nuked into a thing the size of a frog, Then he can get launched into the fucking sun. He will grow back some day, But by then humanity would be at the point where they could travel to the ends of the stars.

>Adam becomes actual and literal sky father by feeding off solar energy after taking control of ze missile
>Best version of Evangelion begins

>Also it's a theory that Yui cheated on Gendo with Fyuutsuki and Gendo is not the father.
Based on what? The fact that Fuyutsuki dreamed about Yui while being tanged? More like an explanation as to why this pussy whipped loser stuck with Gendo all this time despite not even being fond of him. He was a fucking beta.
>surely Yui will eventually realize that Gendo is a meanie and will opt for the superior gentleman such as myself
Next you're going to tell me that one guy from the staff had it going on with Misato.

What best version of Evangelion? NGE is the best version, Rebuilds are fucked.
I don't remember exactly where, But there was a flashback to Fyuutsuki talking with Yui in a park with little Shinji in Yui's arms.

>Next you're going to tell me that one guy from the staff had it going on with Misato.
Well it's entirely possible, though highly unlikely.

I'd give it more credence if I thought she killed Kaji, but she didn't.

He just wanted to crush puss. Seriously though he fucks what, 4 characters in the show?

>a guy has a private conversation with a married woman
>they fucked
Might I remind you that Evangelion takes place in Japan and not in Arab fucking Emirates?

At least three for sure, possibly Rei.

Everything in Evangelion is theoretical.
This is not the most retarded theory i've seen.
Someone post the depth chart.

If anything they were too nice
Gendo explicitly sets out to end the world from day one after Yui "dies" and ultimately succeeds as one of the only canon successful supervillains to ever exist

That speaks more to the idiocy of the fanbase than the merit of the idea.

Their interactions always hinted at his attraction to her, but not the other way around.

He's not really a villain, as much as just a huge dick. Seele i always figured are the main antagonists.

On the subject, Why did Fyuutsuki even jump on board with Instrumentality? Did Anyone other than Gendo and Rei know what was going to happen?

Well, they try to get her to come back to life and clone a new body for her first, but yeah.

He wasn't. He was in Yui's corner the entire time.

Well, There's really no difference to Yui's corner and Gendo's corner, It's like a 2 degree angle. Both of them want the world to end.

He was on board with whatever research Yui was doing since he was a colleague scientist and also was extremely fond of her. NERV used to be just a research facility at one point too. People tend to forget that turning it into a shady organization that has resources and goals to rival SEELE was entirely Gendo's doing.

but, but, Asuka never blew up...

Third Impact was inevitable. Yui wanted Unit-01 to act as an ark for everyone's souls and for Instrumentality to be rejected.

SEELE wanted to be joined together to form a godlike being. We don't know what Gendo wanted, other than to be with his wife. I'm guessing he would've let everyone else die, or be joined forever?

Ehhhhhhhh?

So, In the bitter end. One fucking dead person didn't really want Instrumentality.

This is why the rebuilds were polished shit, It kept next to no trace of the old NGE and became a wet dream for fanservice.
Here's a tip, Anno isn't doing what he wants again.

Well it was Shinji that mattered, but yes his mother was running a long con. She chose him to be her pilot because she knew (hoped) her son would grow up into a decent human bean. She's the one talking to him, calming him down when he's ready to lock all their souls away forever.

So, Yui isn't the subtle antagonist poking everyone towards the apocalypse. But, How in the fuck can anyone live on the ruined earth.

They managed so far. Giant Rei appendages lying here and there won't change much.

Wouldn't that fuck up the atmosphere though? Isn't the red water fucking poison?

Well, Yui and Lilith/Rei. Neither of them seem to believe in Instrumentality and try to help Shinji through his issues after it occurs.

You know what would be funny?

If the plot of Yuuki Yuuna actually took place in the same universe as Eva, 300 years after EoE.

im currently collecting animes after finally finishing NGE without EoE (probably gonna burn through it tonight). Is Yuuki Yuuna a good anime to pick up? whats it about?

rei is helpful and a friend
she helped shinji with deciding instrumentality

asuka is big meanie who exist just to have a fluidly animated fight scene then die

shinj should have choked her to death proper

Yuuki Yuuna is an MG deconstruction a la Madoka. That should be pretty much all you need to know.

>triggers
>...

fuck off

Just making something edgy doesn't count as a deconstruction. Princess Tutu is more of a deconstruction than Madoka ever was.

I think it counts as a deconstruction according to both senses of the term, but w/e.

>gendo
>successful
was he really though?

all he had to do was get in the robot

But that's exactly what Asuka did, and that didn't exactly make her any better off.

It wasn't about making their lives better, it was about getting over their personal baggage and getting in the goddamn robot to save the fucking world.

The 'morale of the story' in Eva that so many people seemed to completely miss is that life is not fair, irreparably bad things happen to good people, the choice you have is to get off your ass and do what you can, or mill around and cry like a little bitch. There is no hope for personal redemption or gain in the former, but to refuse the latter is unforgivable as a human being.

I don't think it's as cut and dry as that, considering that most of the pilots had issues with self-worth as they intrinsically tied their value as human beings to their ability to pilot the EVA. Everyone gives Shinji shit for "not getting in the robot", but the point of the series is that Shinji usually does rise up to the occasion and ends up just doing what he's told; because he thinks that, by doing what everyone wants him to do, he'll be praised by them, they'll value him as an individual. Asuka is an even more extreme case of this. Ultimately, their problems revolved around their inability to separate their own self-worth from their ability to pilot the EVA.

Shinji refuses to pilot the EVA, what, 3 times maybe? And each time it's totally understandable why. The first, it's after a very traumatic battle where he was forced to disobey orders to save his life and the lives of his classmates. The second was after his father forced him to brutally rip his best friend to shreds, and the last time was after everything had gone to shit and he was forced to kill the only person who loved him.

And even after all of these (understandably) traumatic situations, he still got in the fucking robot each time. Because to him, and Asuka and even Rei, their existences only had value when they got in the fucking robot. And that's an unhealthy mindset to have.

>It wasn't about making their lives better, it was about getting over their personal baggage and getting in the goddamn robot to save the fucking world.
To make another Yuuki Yuuna comparison, "ultimately to what end?" It turns out SEELE wasn't trying to save the world; it was trying to turn everyone into OJ like a mad doomsday cult. If they had sent Adam out on a rocket ship with a course laid in for Pluto or something, humanity would have been in the clear. To quote Trotsky, "The means can only be justified if the ends are themselves justifiable."