Rewatch old loved anime

>rewatch old loved anime
>realize its actually shit

Which anime, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NONzefFmm_o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Trigun was the coolest shit I ever seen when I was 11, but when watched it as an adult I was disappointed.

Code Lyoko

Sailor Moon S

Outlaw Star

Azumanga

Mirai nikki

DBZ

the dub of this

naruto

Outlaw Star fucking sucks. Trigun is not nearly as great as I thought it was. The Gundam Wing dub is laughably shit, and I now realize that the things I thought were cool about it are actually the stupid things. Escaflowne is not nearly as good as I remember. Love Hina is hilariously bad after the decade of shit harems I've seen. I don't even really like Tenchi anymore.

The only things that still hold up are Bebop, which is still exactly as I remember it. FLCL, which I've grown to appreciate even more over the years. And Eureka Seven, which is still one of the greatest of all time.

Cowboy Bebop is still fantastic. Zoids is garbage.

Outlaw Star

Gunbuster.
Not shit but vastly inferior to what I remembered.

I understand that this a major gateway anime and a cult classic for North Americans, but it is rather obscure were I live.
How is it really? Do people love it only out of nostalgia?

I'll eventually watch it someday but I'd like to know what to expect so as not to be too disappointed.

Watching it again last year, it's not great. I thought it was amazing when I was a teenager because I didn't know any better. It's sci-fi action adventure with a somewhat gritty 90s vibe and bad comedy bits. It's mostly nostalgia.

same, music is still cool
youtube.com/watch?v=NONzefFmm_o

Currently re-watching Code Geass.
While it's not shit, it's still nowhere near as good as I remember it being.

Thank you.
>It's sci-fi action adventure with a somewhat gritty 90s vibe and bad comedy bits.
Well, that does sound like my kind of thing though, and it can't be as bad as Lost Universe. I guess I'll be able to enjoy it.

Geass would be much better if it's art style was different. the Noodle people piss me off.

I actually think that the noodle people are pretty hot...

Geass sunday on Sup Forums made it impossible to dislike but going back with a more objective eye does reveal many, many flaws.

You obviously haven't been drinking enough. I've never watched Geass sober and I love it to this day.

I went back to it and Inuyasha wasn't that great, but i was my gateway and I kept watching anyway

I thought this was GOAT back in the day

;_; thought.

Pop that beer bottle and enjoy user.