Was dying part of his plan?

No really, was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Death-Note-Action-Tatsuya-Fujiwara/dp/B0017SVH5Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, it was according to keikaku

Probably only as a last resort.

It was after he met up with Light

Death Note is one reason I regret not being a girl(female).

>ywn watch hot girls be competent, interesting and compelling characters

it literally was in the movie

I laughed so damn hard.

It's been awhile, but I remember he being pretty surprised and alone when it happened, so I doubt it. Plus it's not like his death furthered anything.

he was in a room full of ex cops and his death lead to his 2 clones taking over

だめだこいつ。。。早くなんとかしないと。。。

In the movie with a superior ending, yes.

Is Death Note the only manga where the live-action adaptation is better than the anime?

The manga shouldn't have ended when L died, not should it have had a different story.

Near was a well written and interesting character.

Fight me.

I only wish Mello got more attetion

Yes. It was literally part of his plan.

Near is my favorite character.

>Was dying part of his plan?

Why does he wear the mask?

this one?
amazon.com/Death-Note-Action-Tatsuya-Fujiwara/dp/B0017SVH5Q

He's my favourite too.

I think a lot of people who read Death Note didn't understand Near. He wasn't supposed to be 'L 2.0', their outward similarities masked a fundamental difference in morality between Near and L.

L was motivated by justice, he was enjoying himself, but he was trying to illustrate that the world needs lawfulness and order and so he was determined to beat Kira as an agent of the law and justice (i.e. by not using the Death Note) to prove a point about the greater good of the world.

Near just wanted to win. He looks and acts like L, but he's cold and doesn't really care about the justice that was L's guiding principle.
It's heavily implied he used the Death Note to beat Kira, something L would never have done.

Same could be said for Light, though his death was kinda forced by Ryuk wasn't it? I mean, he wasn't completely dead in last scene, if I remember well.

Dying was definitely not part of his plan.
A plot point was that he didn't take the eye deal because he wanted to live for as long as possible.