So the official Canadian release of Girls und Panzer is tonight (at least in Alberta). Where my tankfolk at...

So the official Canadian release of Girls und Panzer is tonight (at least in Alberta). Where my tankfolk at? Anyone going to a showing tonight?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pCsCZ8PScW4
youtube.com/watch?v=TRcZ_IP9uEU
youtube.com/watch?v=CH57T_eDrp0
exhentai.org/g/1022858/c2ee1c62ad/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, general Girls und Panzer thread. Just rewatched the series today, still makes me impressed at how technical yet approachable it all was.

>a fucking leaf

Ahh shit. I should go watch this today.
Going to Metrotown is a slight pain right now though.

You totally should. I came in early to get off in time to go downtown for it.

You wot? (Full disclosure, haven't seen the film yet)

Ontario here. Are they showing it subbed anywhere? I think it's only dubbed, and I watched the show subbed, so I'll probably skip out on this.

Canadians are known as leafs on Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Not that I know of. It's the official release from Sentai, who dubbed the original series and the movie. Sorry, mate.

Why should we care about what the most deranged and degenerate part of the internet calls people?

It's not an insult or anything, just easier to say leaf than Canadian.

Ah, that sucks. It's not showing very close to me anyways.

Erwin is cute and she is also my wife!

I do agree they're all degenerates tho.

How do you go about living in Alberta of all places if you consider Sup Forums degenerate? I take it you're liberal from that statement, isn't Alberta the most conservative province? I'm more left than I am right personally but I still agree with the conservatives on a few things

This. Only the Americans are jealous enough to insult (internationally recognized) Best Canada because MUH BEST AMERICA. Plus it's an old meme now that they are (the only ones) targetting Mexico instead.
I'm not going to look down on people I have no reason to despise or being jealous of.

I already know most of Sup Forums's opinion on dubs, but it's a damn shame they didn't just go all out with the translation and giving the other schools accents.

>Katyusha and her crew don't sound like Red Alert 2, Stalin-era, R-rolling Russians
>No goofy pasta accent for Anchovy

I can imagine Erwin with a Swedish/Swiss accent too

I'm not that guy, I don't live in canada, I live in the US, and I still consider Sup Forums degenerate. I'm typically considered a liberal though, mostly because I don't completely disregard research when it is relevant to a topic, unlike the right wing of this country.

youtube.com/watch?v=pCsCZ8PScW4

I think you're confusing people. I was the one who asked about the leaf thing, the other poster is someone else (no clue where they're from). Myself, I have zero clue about conservative vs. liberal, nor do I have strong opinions on either.

That would have been interesting, admittedly. Nonna did have a fairly Russian accent compared to the rest, but wasn't Erwin just a Japanese girl like the rest of Ooarai team?

Posting the site (look under Theatres for places near you) and a gif of Yukari, because she is the embodiment of my tank geekery.

Toronto here, just finished the movie in theatre

Got confused for a second, then remembered time difference. Were there many people there? I'm unsure what the turnout here will be.

h--p://www.girlsundpanzerderfilm.com

Might help if I post the link.

All the girls we saw in GuP so far are all Japanese, they just have foreign nicknames

Only three theatres will play der Film in Toronto
The one I went had about 30% of the seats taken

klara is 100% russian

What is this show about?

Tankery

Right, let her slipped through my mind for a second

Basically, high school girls taking an elective called Sensha-dõ, or Tankery. It entails driving old WWII era tanks in mock battles against other high schools. Also, they live on an aircraft carrier ship which mimics an actual town with plant life and such.

Pretty good, imho. Very little fanservice, and the combat is at least somewhat realistic in most scenes, and played for hilarity in others.

Sounds right. I'm not expecting much more in Alberta, and we only have two showings at surprising choices.

What would happen if I drew on Maho's face while she was sleeping?

>Basically, high school girls taking an elective called Sensha-dõ, or Tankery. It entails driving old WWII era tanks in mock battles against other high schools. Also, they live on an aircraft carrier ship which mimics an actual town with plant life and such.
>
>Pretty good, imho. Very little fanservice, and the combat is at least somewhat realistic in most scenes, and played for hilarity in others.

Fucking hate posting from mobile. This was intended for you.

Literally read the title. Do you want a long ass LN title to describe the setting for you?

>multiple showings in toronto
>all on same day
>all at 7 fucking 30
>had to work late babysitting two people who can't do their fucking job right
>only see this thread now
>just as all the showings are ending
Let me just string up that noose

Sounds fucking cool, will check.

You know titles aren't always literal.

If my roommate hadn't mentioned it to me offhandedly, I wouldn't have even noticed. I don't think they advertised it nearly as well as they could have, especially since Canada never had the theatrical release the States or Japan had. I'd love them to do a weekend showing.

>tfw your waifu is best Guppie.

This
youtube.com/watch?v=TRcZ_IP9uEU

I never realized how much I needed a german nerd ranting about girls und panzer in my life
youtube.com/watch?v=CH57T_eDrp0

I don't think you know that feel because you're posting someone other than Miho or Darjeeling.

Dangit. I was hoping for English subs at least. Disappoint.

I want to sneak into Mako's house and slip into her bed at night

For those of you who went to a showing, how was the crowds? Anyone shout Panzer Vor? Obvious weebs? Cosplay? Nazi uniforms?

The fuck is he Rambling about?

Just about to mine now, but I'll post my findings. I'll likely go along with any pre-show silliness for a giggle.

He's just trying to be funny and failing at that. Just make up your own subs and it'll be better than what it is now.

The gist I get is that the concept is weird like a drug induced hallucination but it still ticks all the otaku checkboxes for a hit product.

"One shot, one kill."

Yeah, they haven't advertised at all
I only know it because I read on Sup Forums that USA will have a theatrical release then I went to cineplex website and hoping that something will come up

Toronto guy here, most of the audience are high school and college kids, over half are asian, two young girls and two typical neckbeards

Boy, this is a sad theatre. Maybe 30 people tops, 10 minutes to starting. But they're giving out free posters, so fuck yeah. And some guys are talking about some sort of sports ball.

Wow the Ottawa showing was fucked. The video kept freezing and tearing every 20 minutes or so.
Also Mako's and prez's voices didn't fit at all, sasuga Sentai.

Got a poster though so its forgiven

I have these two girls in my room and the three of us are about to fuck each others brains out. Later, nerds.

Yikes, I hope that doesn't happen here. (Sad about the voices, Mako's voice in the series was spot on.

Darjeeling would probably keep smugly throwing quotes out and Miho is unlikely to be crazy in bed given her shy demeanor.

0/10 Would not fuck anime girls.

>Darjeeling would probably keep smugly throwing quotes
>0/10
More like 10/10

I would really go to the cinema to watch GuP, I haven't been to one in 2 years, then again I would be worried about the kind of crowd I'd finder there.

Totally worth it for the poster, but man, there are some...unsavoury people mixed in with the normal nerds. But fuck it, anime on the big screen.

Just about to start, signing off for now. I'll come back once it's done if the thread's still up.

What are the chances of the History Channel showing the GuP movie? Would American Picker reruns get more ratings?

What does the poster look like? OP's picture?

Well, I live in a 3rd world shit hole where all weebs are about Naruto, Dragonball or Sailor Moon, even Idols are unknown by most of the "weeb crowd" here, essentially emos from 2006.

I'd love to get a poster though, maybe I can find it on ebay one day.

>Would not fuck anime girls.

Fag

i know her pain ;_;

I forgot this was today and I was busy out doing normie stuff

exhentai.org/g/1022858/c2ee1c62ad/

To anyone who got to see the dub in theaters, how was Momo's VA's performance?

I wanna NTR Kay away from other Kayfags.

>never seen GuP but wondering what all the hype is about
>decide to go see the movie anyway (along with a weeb friend who hasn't seen the series either) just for the sake of supporting theatre releases
That was pretty damn good, solid 7 or 8 out of 10. Guess I have to watch the series now since I feel pretty invested in the characters. I'm assuming the series develops everyone while the movie is more about the big action scenes. I love how the story is just fun and follows its own internal logic (and physics), but I'm still not quite sure why it's so popular. Maybe it's just touhou syndrome with its insanely large cast.

The dub was pretty awful as expected but at least most of the main cast was competent while the random background characters got random hobos off the street as VAs. Hilary Haag is still my favourite dub VA and she did an amazing job as Katyusha. Momo was passable, but the scene where she cries was pretty unconvincing (). The student council pres had the worst voice of all and followed the typical dub mistake of having a 40 year old woman voicing a twintail loli. Overall could've been worse.

By the way, did anyone here go to the Yonge+Dundas screening?
>shamisen girl's fight scene with the awesome music
>tank loses treads and turns into a fucking car
>starts drifting on its side and still firing
>as she wins the audience starts cheering and applauding
shit that was hype af, what a great scene

Milton (Halton region, by like Oakville and Burlington) here. I was gonna come down to watch it tonight but I've got an exam tomorrow and I don't wanna drive to my campus on no sleep. I'm probably gonna get like 3 hours of sleep as it is. Anyway, how was it? I find Cineplex is usually alright but I've seen more aspect ratio issues or broken videos there than the TIFF Bell Lightbox for sure.

Yeah you definitely gotta watch the series again in sub
The voices are more accurate to the character design and no music censorship

Any of you guys see Shin Godzilla a few months back? Anyone gonna see Your Name? I really hate the dub voices for Your Name but Shin Godzilla had obnoxious yellow subtitles at the showing I saw so I might see the dub instead.

I went to the Scarborough town centre one
No playback issue today, aspect ratio is correct, the stereo are properly tuned, so the dialogues are clear and gunfire and explosions are loud and banging

At Dundas some guy had everyone shout Panzer Vor just before it started. One girl (or trap?) in some kind of nazi looking cosplay with an apparently functional model tank. Theatre was a lot fuller than I expected overall, something like 2/3 of the main seats taken.

Same here, the explosions sounded pretty great.

>typical dub mistake of having a 40 year old woman voicing a twintail loli
lol this is one of the cases where I'd be ok with an old voice because the original casting was not too far off and it fits her sly character.

>as she wins the audience starts cheering and applauding
I've rewatched that scene at least 10 times by now.

Was there any reaction when the KV-2 blew up the buildings in the start? When the Karl Gerat gun was revealed? The endearingly lame Boko museum?

The crowd wasn't too rowdy besides that one part but the bit with the KV-2 certainly impressed me; the sound was tremendous.

The museum (called Punchy in the dub) got some good laughs. Also when the hall monitor steals the school's nameplate.

Glasses, stubble, shaved head, big captain's coat. Think I saw someone else on Sup Forums on their phone before it started, was that you? I'll throw a link to a picture, I'm at the Eau Claire Market theatre watching end credits.

h--ps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1mQLukzaRojVDA4MVFzeDltWFE/view?usp=drivesdk

That's me, for the user asking what OP looks like. Dunno if you were at the same theatre or just wanted to see another fan.

What country, if I can ask? I snagged a second one in case you wanted it.

Oh, wait. I'm an idiot. You wanted a picture of the poster itself, I thought you meant the poster who started it. Gotta get these babies home safe, but I'll upload a picture in a bit.

It was...well, I won't say bad, per se, but it wasn't fantastic? I thought the dub VA in the series was more to her character, very rough but loyal, always shouting. I wasn't huge on the changes to a lot of the voice actors, but I'm also not much of a stickler for that stuff. I thought they did a fine job.
I quite liked it! My theatre wasn't super enthusiastic, but nobody was disrespectful and we all laughed quite a few times. Sound was Awesome, I can't unhear those solid booms and squeals of tracks, it was incredible sound quality.

How do you cheer Yukari up after this?

Ask her out on a date!

Here's a crappy picture of both sides of the poster

Exactly. I posted my beautiful waifu and best guppie rather than those other two.

Good stuff user. Thanks.

Give her one of these cuties!

Super strong anteaters

>Music censorship

The hell, don't tell me Johnny Comes Marching Home is like, a 50,000 dollar royalty fee or something

Katyusha's song.

Is that operated via Flintstones style pushing?

cyka blyat's

There's something about casts all gathering in a cinema to watch a movie that makes me feel extra comfy

Maybe it was those old Cartoon Network promo's

Only if you didn't have the rip or the DVD. Katyusha's song is one I want to learn all the words to.

Me and Erika and Miho would kick your ass straight to hell.