What's the difference between high quality fanservice and low quality fanservice?

What's the difference between high quality fanservice and low quality fanservice?

eroticism

anime titties

High quality is subtle. Low quality is practically its own genre at this point.

not all fanservice is sexual.

Itl's erotism you dumbass subhuman tumblr reddit faglord piece of shit.

Is it titties instead of a story?
Or titties for the sake of a story?

Many VNs back in the day wouldn't have gotten popular if the mangaka hadn't added jerk-off and ponos pleasure points with fanservice.

High quality has significance beyond "oh there's a titty."

The difference can be measured by the hardness of muh dick.

high quality fanservice integrates well with the story, it does not distract, it strictly enhances.

Well, that's a completely made up dichotomy so whatever you come up with to feel elitist, I suppose.

I'm not OP

You get an erection and cringe, bad
You just get a boner, good

Quality fanservice is given in minimal doses. The camera angle is usually focused on something else. It gives the feeling of it happening by "accident."

Low quality fanservice is blatant underwear exposure shown continuously with no apparent reason. This removes novelty and makes it look cheap. Kinda like in those "scary" movies that use jump scares so many times until they become cheap and predictable.

An example of high quality fanservice would be thos occasional panty shots in SoreMachi manga.

High quality fanservice you don't notice on your first watch

Subtlety to me.

Define fanservice. I mean, even cameos from other franchises are already called fanservice.

>erotism
More like autism to you.

subject matter
image quality
animation quality

low quality fanservice is showing a tiny white triangle and calling it panties. high quality fanservice is a minute long fully animated shot. low quality fanservice is low effort. high quality fanservice is a love letter from the animators.

How hard it makes me
Basically this

The difference between high and low quality fanservice is like the difference between sneaking a peak at some beautiful stacked girls breasts, noticing beads of sweat and how it shifts as she moves around, and having her shirt spontaneously combust leaving nothing to the imagination.

High quality fan service = the ecchi moment actually develops the characters or plot.

Low quality fan service = ecchi with no point except ecchi.

>not all fanservice is sexual.
Since the term originally meant doing something the fans want, most of it used to not be sexual. But over the decades, naked girls is mostly what people wanted.

Budget

Basically people want to be pandered to but they don't want to feel like they're being pandered to

That pic captures Melty's tiny little chest so well, it's fucking perfect. Many layers of skin have been lost to the girls of Gargantia.

They see my dick.

I want pandering as a sidedish, not as main course.

>Since the term originally meant doing something the fans want
It still does, but now it's just a buzzword for retards who can't handle erotic things on screen because it makes them feel weird in their dick.

This ruined the whole fucking series.

speak for yourself faggot I love being pandered to. it shows that the studio was trying to make something viewers would enjoy and not just some garbage to increase the director's ego.

You should compare all fanservice scenes to picture.

They were fairly consistent

Nah, I want to read something and get the impression the author made it solely for themselves.

I think polls and shit are the worst thing an author could do.

It's all bad.

All I know is I want Saaya to bear my children.

>high quality fanservice
Makes my dick hard.
>low quality fanservice
Doesn't make my dick hard.

Good fanservice adds to the story.

Shitty fanservice IS the story.

all fanservice is good fanservice

if you disagree, then you might fit in better on le reddit

SHOWS ARE MADE FOR FANS

NARUKO HANAHARU DESIGNS ARE TOO GOOD TO WASTE