Season 3 when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UNpmSrkN8dw
youtube.com/watch?v=Xh-BgZuOngI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

now

HYPER

How'd the movie do?
It's weird, I was going through the Playstation Store and saw that a fucking Psycho Pass VN was on there. Clearly the brand has some life left in it if it's getting visual novels AND sending them to the west. I'm hopeful.

When Urobuchi stops doing literal puppet shows. He'll also have to work around the travesty that was season 2, possibly by ignoring its existence? The movie did well with that, but I think it'd be harder to do it for a whole series,

He didn't work on S2 did he? I'd like to see a S3 done by him, but I have to wonder where the story would go.

He didn't do S2, that's (one of the reasons) why it was shit. The movie was done by him though, and the 5 minutes of Mika we get in that was better than the 11 episodes of her we got in S2, which makes me hopeful for him rewriting the S2 characters to be good.

As for the plot, great social change leading to the dismantling of Sibyl like Akane promised would happen would make for a good 2 cour season. Maybe we even get more info on what the world outside Japan is like.

2 comes after 1 therefore we need season 2 before we can get season 3.

I'd like to see that yeah. Some more world building. I think the premise of PP is really interesting and exciting and I wish they went a bit further with it.

They always planned for it to be long-running franchise. Hell, the director of S1 specifically asked Urobuchi not to write anything too abstract that couldn't be done with real people and CGI into the plot so he could make a live action PP movie if he wanted to.

Hopefully never, psyco piss was garbage

Hopefully never. S2 ruined the franchise.

>live action PP movie
Please, don't.

>They always planned for it to be long-running franchise.
So what happened? It seemed popular enough. I even liked S2. The villain was shit, but I loved the part where everyone was playing on an app, not knowing that they were actually controlling robots and killing real life people. PP takes a look at modern day life, privacy, social constructs and makes an interesting sci-fi police procedural out of it. It's kinda unique and I really like it.

>the part where everyone was playing on an app, not knowing that they were actually controlling robots and killing real life people
That was utter shit and fucking exemplary of everything bad about S2. It served no narrative purpose, the villain could've just had his brainwashed army of goons do exactly the same shit. It served no thematic purpose, the villain said some cryptic bullshit about people in society being sheep lead to slaughtering each other, but the people involved had zero awareness of that they were killing and the method of it being a video game had zero meaning, the part overall tired to present itself as if it was conveying a deep message but didn't do anything of the sort. It was dumb and edgy for the sake of being dumb and edgy.

Making it all even worse is that the scene, like almost everything else in S2, was just a copy of something that had already happened in S1. In S1, Makishima distributes helmets which let people avoid Sibyl's sensors and commit any crime they want. He gives them to the repressed in society who Sibyl has rejected, and naturally, their isolation and resentment leads them to cause mass destruction. This all serves the narrative purpose of creating a huge diversion so Makishima can sneak a team into Sibyl HQ, and the thematic purpose of illustrating how defenseless the people of Sibyl's society are when Sibyl isn't there to protect them at all times, and the negative consequences of repressing a minority for the conveniance of a majority. The video game part in S2 is just this part with the edge ramped up to 110% and the narrative and thematic value stripped away.

Season 1 sucked.
Season 2 sucked.
The movie sucked even more then either.

This series has always sucked.

S2 tried really hard to replicate S1 but did a poor job of it. Urobutcher's absence was really obvious. I really like PP as a concept, and I'd like to see it continue, but it'd have to be with Urobuchi at the helm again.

>season 1 sucked

Why not a Psy-cops puppet show?

Stay mad senpai, it doesn't change the fact all of Psycho-Pass is shit. The movie is the biggest piece of crap in the entire franchise on top of that.

>Re:Zero
Not even surprised.

Moreso than Urobuchi at the helm, it'd have to be the trio of Motohiro, Shiotani, and Urobuchi again. Urobuchi is the biggest name of of those 3 so he gets the most recongition, but really S1's greatness was due to them all working in perfect synergy. Due to the large amount of time they spent together during production Motohiro's ideas for the world were directly transfered into Shitoani's vision for how the show would look, Shiotani's vision for how the show would look was conveyed well to Urobuchi so that he could write a script with a tone that reflected that look, and Urobchi's scripts made their way right back to Motohiro who inserted them into his world in a cohesive fashion. The most damning thing I've heard about S2's prodcution was that Shiotani rarely, if ever, spoke with the new writers, he was just handed a script and told to work with it. S1 worked well because the people working on it all loved the project and worked with each other.

>Re: Zero
>Not even surprised
>he says as he post Indexshit

Is trolling on /m/ not enough for you anymore? Fuck off.

You seem to know a lot about this. Going by that information, it seems unlikely we'll see a S3, and if we do, it won't be as great as S1. It'll only happen if all three work on it together as a passion project.

Reading your posts also makes me realise just how good S1 was, and now I see why. It's been a while since I enjoyed an original anime as much as I did Psycho-Pass.

It's one of my favourites, I like to learn about things I love.
The movie was another passion project from them, and it felt as passionate as S1, it was just obviously limited by the 110 minute run time as opposed to the 22 eps they had to work with in S1 and thus couldn't do anywhere near as much good stuff as it.
I'm sure that they want to work on more of it, and given the side material still coming out and being marketed like the VN Production IG still want to milk it, it seems foregone that there will be another anime project for it. Then again, Japanese companies are renowned for not going with the foregone conclusion and doing stuff which seems comletely counter-productive.

I was surprised by that VN coming out even in the west. The series seems to be popular, I've spoken to some people who've seen it and praised it. Let's hope those three get the chance to sit down and plan another series. It's too good of an IP to let die out, or fade into nothingness by releasing other media instead of making a new season.

Masaoka's death scene still gets me every fucking time. Ginoza's helpless, teary face when he looks at Kogami. God damn.
youtube.com/watch?v=UNpmSrkN8dw

The villain in S2 was a really poor imitation of Makishima. If it was revealed that he was just a collection of different brains and body parts from the beginning it could of led to some good character development.

Although it would of been better if they had just used the movie plot for S2.

I felt nothing.

You're as robotic as Masaoka's arm.
I dunno, maybe it's because my own father died while trying to do a fireworks display that just made this scene hit too close to home you know?

>If it was revealed that he was just a collection of different brains and body parts from the beginning
No, whether it was known at the beginning or not doesn't change that it's a shit plot.

I'd forgotten how good the OST was for this. Anyone know the name of the track that plays when Akane runs down the hall. It's used quite a lot if I remember correctly.

The fact you think anything of PP is good is bait.

Watching Psycho Pass with Sup Forums was a fucking treat.

>Psycho Pass was 5 years ago

>Psycho Pass was 5 years ago
Don't do that to me user

That's alright user. You're never going to care about any character in a butcher show because they're not characters.

Fuck off. Everybody loved Masaoka.

Who else liked S2 for what it was? It still told an entertaining story and had intense storylines. Even if the animation quality was even worse than the original.
Anyone have the gif of the old guy fighting someone during the bank robber scene?

I liked Kamui a lot and the movie validated my feelings that season 2 was better then that trash heap of a story.

Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't like the movie.
That said, I think it's about time I rewatched the whole franchise to see what I think about it now.

I heard S1 got an edit where they fixed some of the downright terrible animation, anyone know where I can get that? I don't want to download an entire season just to get the wrong one. The quality was really terrible in some scenes. They even officially apologised about it.

I think you mean when is S2

I felt the need of rape Gino.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xh-BgZuOngI
I think it's the last part of this track, from about 4 minutes in. Hard to tell because many tracks use the same theme.

Cheers mate. It's even worse than I remembered. Like two mannequins being thrown at each other.

One of my saddest anime deaths personally. But like
said, maybe it's because my father died while handling explosives. I'm not even kidding. It's really heart-wrenching to watch this.

>all the women wearing sexy lingerie to the local bank
I mean, I like S2, but so many things were wrong, including the plot, the animation and the attempt at fan service.

Everything with Kamui was good.

this animation reminded me of south park

I liked his plot to make people kill innocent people by playing video games. Lots of people thought it was stupid, I thought it was a nice jab at modern culture of playing brainless mobile games and spurring people on to do the same. It was actually quite chilling to see everyone laugh as they killed an enemy, not knowing that an actual person had just been murdered.

>I heard S1 got an edit where they fixed some of the downright terrible animation, anyone know where I can get that?
Same question here. Is it on nyaa?

agreed. Gino wasn't exactly my favorite, and his character didn't really improve onwards, he just got more edgy looking

Do you mean the edit where the season was condensed down into 12 hour long episodes? It had more content that had been cut from the original series, and the quality was LOADS better than when I'd first watched the series.

If that's what you're looking for then I have a link.

Fuck Gino and his development, you must've felt something for Masaoka. A disgraced father redeeming himself by sacrificing himself for his son's life, even against his son's will. And Gino realising way, way too late that his father really cared about him.

Honestly I wouldn't be that broken up if a S3 never happened. S1 was absolute gold and S2 followed it up terribly. The villain was garbage, the plot was a like a terrible recycled attempt at trying to imitate Urobutcher's masterpiece that was S1. Makishima was honestly an amazing villain and one of the best parts of S1. I didn't really like the movie either, PP is good where it lies now.

I liked S1 and the movie, s2 was shit filler honestly. If Urobuchi can write S3 it will probably be enjoyable.

I actually meant the BDs that were rumoured to have better animation quality. But now that you mention it, I do remember that they condensed the first season.
Which do you recommend? I don't mind watching the full first season. It's just that I know that there exists a perfected version where the horrible animation was bettered, and I'd rather watch that.

>all this Urobuchi praising
Am I just not in the know? What did this guy do besides PP? He seems so well-loved here but I only know him from PP.

Madoka
Fate/Zero
a whole load of other things

Definitely did. Everybody liked Masaoka, he was loyal to his son to the very end, put up with everybody else's shit, and even though he'd lost everything he was still a genuinely good dude.

Yeah, for sure I was upset about the old man's death.

2 heaping piles of shit

Oh I recommend the condensed season for sure. The clips they added were mainly monologues from the characters (mostly stuff from Makishima's point of view) but the animation was for sure better no question about it.

I haven't even heard anything about a S3 in development. There's still a running manga trying to catch up on S1 though. And man it's been a while since I've seen a PP thread on this site.

So wait? Gaim > You.