Is Nabisco the Evangelion of anime?

Is Nabisco the Evangelion of anime?

It's the Evangelion of the Getter Robo genre.

No, and it's not even a good meme

I unironically liked Nadesico way more than Evangelion.

That's probably because Nadesico was better than Evangelion. But it doesn't have that fake deepness by adding a ton of meaningless religious imagery, so it's over looked these days.

Please define deepness in context of a fictional story.

People die, yet life must keep moving on for those who are still alive. That and eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die. I like how Nadesico kept it simple.

Layers of hidden meaning. Evnagelion pretends to have tons, but it's really just a simple story of a fucked up kid learning to accept himself for who he is. The whole shit about the evangelions, angels, nerv, and seele, it's ultimately irrelevant to the story and only serves as a backdrop. But Neckbeards are simple creatures and easily distracted by flashy explosions and irrelevant imagery, and thus came to view the backdrop as the story.

Probably

No, it isn't shit.

Isn't that TTGL?

I watched Nadesico by early 2000s. I was really pissed off at what Anno did with the ending of Evangelion, never mind the movies. Am I glad to have found this series.

>Gekiganger isn't the Evangelion of the Getter Robo genre

Did it have 3 pilots too? I remember there was a Gekiganger episode what actually happened in it.

I was under the impression that it was a Mazinger-like series.

I like to sometimes think that I'm the Evangelion of this board.

That would be Gendo (PBUH).

>pretends
It's been known for 15 years that the religious imagery is only there to look interesting and it's also not the reason why the show is head in such high regard.
>The whole shit about the evangelions, angels, nerv, and seele, it's ultimately irrelevant to the story
You don't actually believe this, do you?

Obviously.

Post the one where he blends an owl.

yurika most obnoxious shit ever

That's a funny way of saying best girl.

It's true though. The story is about Shinji. There's a reason it ends with "omedeto."

Yurika may be obnoxious, but she not incompetent at all. She is a lot more cunning and driven than Tsukino Usagi or Shinji.

>not incompetent
She killed quite a lot of people due to her incompetent piloting in one of the episodes.

Piloting? The word is command. Nadesico did manage to get out of the mess in one piece. It's not really worse than the Admiral in the opening who rammed his ship to the Tulip and dooming the Martian colony with that move.

That's the moment where I just fall in love with that show. The captain is not some holier than thou savior at all; she's in command and has to live with being a murderer just to keep everyone fighting for another day.

That doesn't make the plot irrelevant you dip.

>That's the moment where I just fall in love with that show. The captain is not some holier than thou savior at all; she's in command and has to live with being a murderer just to keep everyone fighting for another day.
That I should agree with.

You're misremebering what happened. The Nadesico found the survivors on Mars and was meeting with Inez who was acting as their representative. Inez told her the survivors wished to stay there because they didn't trust the Nadesico to get them back to Earth safely. While trying to convince Inez, the Jovians launched a massive surprise attack. Since the Nadesico was hovering just off the ground ready to take on survivors, and the PT engines were less efficient in the atmosphere so the Nadesico couldn't just spool up and fly away at top speed instantly, Yurika was left with the choice of trying to fight the jovians without the distortion field, or raise it and crush the Martian survivors. She picked the former.

Like I said:
>Neckbeards are simple creatures and easily distracted by flashy explosions and irrelevant imagery, and thus came to view the backdrop as the story.

>former
Obviously I meant latter, but my brain is apparently in need of repairs.

The best part about that whole episode is that the whole tragedy wasn't overly dramatized. Yurika threw up, Inez mused slightly, but life goes on after that.

Are you actually retarded or are you just pretending? Shinji's story would have not played out the same way if he wasn't constantly challenged by nerv, angels and all the other things you call irrelevant.

It would have played out the same way if you replaced it with a soccer tournament, or just about anything else. The important thing was how fucked up everyone was and how Shinji interacted with them, not what they were actually doing.

Did Nadesico ever get finished?

Yes, in LNs and vidya.

The Prince of Darkness movie wasn't the strongest conclusion to the franchise. At least I don't feel nearly as pissed about it as say Death and Rebirth of Evangelion.

Did the story continue after the movie? In what games/LNs? I don't care if they're untranslated.

The only thing I remember of it is that Ruri a cute.
A CUTE

No it wouldn't. Nice delusion though.

>there was 5 anime that I grew up watching as a small child in the late 90's that built my foundation as an otaku
>Nadesico and Evangelion were among two of them
They are both classics and different from each other, they shouldn't be compared.

That said, Ruri is still my #1 waifu after all these years. Nothing touched me more than the moe Ruri's instilled inside me.

>my #1 waifu
>implying multiple waifus
Trump can't build that wall fast enough to keep out muslims.

I find it a shame that there's plenty of user who won't know Nadesico, but would have known Evangelion due to all the DEEP shitposts that the series continued to garner.