Anno hates "escapist otaku"

>"As for the previous Evangelion, many people took what I made as 'entertainment' and turned it into a 'target of dependence.' I wanted to take responsibility for those people becoming impudent. I wanted to bring the work back to the level of entertainment. However, I’ve started to pull back from that subject (criticizing 'escapist otaku.') Those kind of people don’t understand, no matter what you say. I finally realized there’s nothing you can do."

2chan response

>“Well, that’s a sound argument.”
>“Stop being an escapist yourself and finish Evangelion.”
>“You’re the one who’s escaping reality.”
>“This is a pure case of self-loathing.”
>“If you want to take responsibility so badly, how about finishing Eva? If you want to criticize, join Twitter.”
>“It’s true, though, Eva otaku are creeps.”

>“You’re the one who’s escaping reality.”
>“This is a pure case of self-loathing.”
>“If you want to take responsibility so badly, how about finishing Eva? If you want to criticize, join Twitter.”

"Those kind of people don’t understand, no matter what you say. I finally realized there’s nothing you can do."

>I finally realized there’s nothing you can do."
Anno lost to the otaku cock.

Escapism is what led to the rise of isekai.

he knows that no matter what ending he makes nobody will like it

rebuild was a mistake

>calling 2ch 2chan
newfag spotted

Nice trips

2ch is right though. He's a complete hypocrite.

I don't want Anno to give up. He doesn't realize with all the escapist otaku cumming on their Rei dakimarukas, but for many Eva means something really important.
All that honest emotion poured into Eva really reached into many of its fans. I'm sad seeing Anno going back to his depression, especially when 2.0 was full of hope.

Is Anno going through his mid-life crisis, then?

Is he our guy?

This guy is such a fucking idiot and a massive hypocrite.

Except all of those quotes are absolutely right, you Anno apologist. They're telling him to hurry up and finish his entertainment work, but he's just running away from responsibility.

Just to be clear. This is from a 2012 interview that 2ch unearthed recently. The responses are recent, though.

Sometimes I think about getting a life and starting a family just so I can enjoy watching Anno's works with my kids. Is that weird?

So much irony in one single post.

>wanting your children to become waifufaggots

let the curse die with you

Those kind of people don’t understand, no matter what you say. I finally realized there’s nothing you can do.

Uh oh, he's going full Miyazaki. When he's 70 he'll be calling for otaku genocide.

But otaku are trash? Get some fucking self-awareness (justified if you're under 20 though).

I don't think you've read his interviews from the 90s where he trashes anime and western animation.

Also: "He ABANDONED Eva so he could make...other things!"
Stupid, stupid logic.

The rise of Sup Forums and fake weeaboos made me feel things similar to Anno.

>makes otaku pandering trash
>hates otakus

kill yourself anno

Fuck man, that was kind of too real. But I cant help but feel joy imagining my son being a Reifag and watching Evangelion with him. I think I like anime too much to ever have this be a reality anyway. Thanks Anno.

How are otakus supposed to get a job and take responsibility in Post Bubble Burst Japan?

what if youre a reifag and your child becomes an asukafag, or worse plays outside

This guy is dumb and full of himself.
It's precisely because shit is entertaining that people get addicted to it. ANYTHING that is entertaining can become addictive, and even non-entertaining stuff can become an obsession. He's literally saying "oh people are addicted to my stuff so I'm making more of it to get them off their addiction."

Giving more smokes to a smoker will not help him quit.

But Anno lacks self-awareness and understanding. People is always look for a temporary escape from reality in times of economic hardship and dark roads. Taking responsibility only works if one has the resources to do it, and the economy is doing well.

the need to elect someone to make japan great again

seriously, theres some faggots there who think they can fix japan problems by importing africans and arabs

thats worse than being nuked

Then he is no son of mine

To add onto that, what about the rebellious years and he declares that he loves her more than you? Or the possibility of your kids buying you a body pillow because they don't know any better, and your wife finds out?

No, it isn't. As a father you will always want to share your interests and views with your children, it's just natural.

People like you are getting more common by the day. The 80's and 90's was the time anime really got popular, and the people who watched and happen to really like the medium at that time are now having kids. Since they like anime they will obviously share It with their children, they want their children to experience things just like they did.

That is absolutely not what he's saying. There's a huge difference between being entertained by something and seeking it out and being actually mentally ill.

Most of Anno's work is best appreciated alone and depressed

Literally nothing new about this.

>Anno hates escapists
>Anno hates himself
All of this is abundantly obvious from EoE alone, and that was years ago.

>Rei
Typical Asukafaggot who can't even spend a few minutes looking at the sad panda to know that there is an overwhelming bias in favor of Asuka.

How does one even escape escapism?

Neither do Miyazaki and Anno, who can't get it thru their skulls that the young people of Japan don't have the resources to take responsibility for their actions, and that it was Miyazaki's generation that caused the whole otaku problem by refusing to take responsibility.

>the people who watched and happen to really like the medium at that time are now having kids.

True. I see kids online all the time talking about how their mom or dad got them into anime.

This is top tier satire.

tfw Tominobro

Go outside

By running away from escapism. But also running away from your other problems.

Fuck youre right. I guess I just hand him the BDs when he hits 14-15 and is full of angst and self loathing like I was and say "watch this alone".

Ironic. He could save others from escapism...but not himself.

That's probably the best idea
not that you'll ever have kids anyways

And do you think fucking cartoons can help people who are "mentally-ill"?
If people have problems, then they must be shown to someone who specializes in that field.

How is being an Italian bad? Or do you mean NEETs?

Well, he is masterpiece Evangelion is technically dependent on people for escapism. Without it, NGE wouldn't be able to turn profit, and Anno would be penniless.

That's irrelevant. Any good work will always have obsessed fans and that's no exclusive to anime or EVA. He should be happy that so many people love his work on a personal level rather than being negative about it.

He's trying to become Miyazaki way too hard.

Except that Miyazaki isn't that vapid of a person. Don't tell me you believe the meme about "anime was a mistake".

It's funny because many NGE themes work actively against escapism

Miyazaki is absolutely bitter about anime, Japanese society and the world in general. He's even worse than Anno.

Miyazaki's well known for his disdain for obsessive otakus and escapists. Something about "anime should be about real people and I don't like anime for people who don't like looking at others". He's seen as jaded and bitter, pretty much fitting Anno's sentiments.

It may be a meme but there's actual substance behind it, Miyazaki is a very bitter and resentful man and probably would agree with the statement.

Everyone has a disdain for obsessive otaku, though.

Even if that's the case not everyone's as outspoken, especially when they are a chunk of your audience and ones that propelled your work to a large degree, though it's more of a remnant of the past at this point.

2 were not enough

Both Miyazaki and Anno are disgusting artfag hipsters. All they do is make money off of plebeians and insult their own fans in order to garner credit in their industry.

>hurr I ironically make animation that focuses on sexualizing little girls and throw in random imagery into barebone plots to give the illusion of depth. Aren't otaku just simply disgusting? Look at me, I'm grossly generalizing a group of people, aren't I smart?

Fact is, they will never make truly meaningful works of art like Tezuka or Ishinomori nor will they ever make works that push the boundary of anime like tried and true Dezaki or even one hit wonders like Otomo.

There's saying about a pot and a kettle that suits pretty well this picture.

>When hanging around Miyazaki for so long.
This is what happens to you.

That webm is pretty rad, damn.

So how will he BTFO otaku for good in Rebuild final?

He might already be trying to but fuck knows. Seems like Rebuild is just to showcase new industry talents. He doesn't seem to care all that much.

it'll never come out

>jap David Chase finally realizes his medium is shit
took him long enough

The truth is likely that Anno would be nothing without the genius of Sadamoto Yoshiyuki, Imaishi Hiroyuki or Mahiro Maeda and others. They are the ones who are really carrying the Gainax boat, or at least were before they went to greener pastures, for all those years but I've never heard of them opening up their clap, probably out of modesty.

Anno just comes off as a huge manchild to me.

Let's not forget Gainax started as a fan project, they were the otaku of their time and became popular precisely because they pandered to that demographic.

>the whole thread of filthy otaku spilling bullshit in the defense of their pathetic lives
Boy, what a time to be alive
Can't wait for some fujo end in Rebuild to wipe my ass with waifufag feels
What a fucking time to be alive

>Is that weird?

No. It's a sign that you're becoming someone with a mature mind and putting all the stupid dreams of youth to a test with reality.

Boy, I never noticed before that Kensuke is literally Jean

I don't even care about Rebuild end at this point after what they did with 3.0.

At the end of the day though, who is happier Anno or the otaku? He will be forever self-hating.

Ur so sool and edgy user, don't cut yourself with all that edge.

I really loved Shin Godzilla

>otaku
>happy
I don't think you understand what kind of otaku culture he despises

this

>being an otaku himself
>realized hot grills don't like otakus
>GAIZ STOP ESCAPING INTO ANIME IT'S NOT HEALTHY I SWEAR
And on top of that he himself made Rebuild, does he really think anyone should listen to whatever he has to say?
It's always the same shit with all those irrelevant pretentious hacks who's living on their popularity but act like they are some unmatched masters of the universe who know everything.

This thread proves him right.

>spilling bullshit
You mean most obvious and well known fact that Anno is pretentious hypocrite who project his own failures into others and look down on otakus because simply want to fit into society not as filthy otaku but some kind of serious animation director and genius?
>fujo end
OH MY! pandering to another cancerous crowd will make me fell better cuz the crowd I don't like will be mad, that will show them!

in what way?

>an old samurai loses the last bit of hope for his people
I feel sorry for him, Japan is really a country of children dying in the shadow of its own past glory

With the concentrated moe of modern anime, eva is starting to look like 80s stuff with unattractive women that only an impossible lonely guy would consider as waifus in comparison. Your kids should be safe.

Just don't let them watch love live

Except I don't want it to be fucking entertainment. I want it to be something only I and Anno himself can relate to.
There's plenty of fucking entertainment in the world. Plenty of one-sided characters with magic swords. I want something only Anno can make.
I may agree with him politically (most of shin gojira is on point), but when it comes to his pretend hatred of otaku he's just full of bullshit. He should just finish the movie and get it over with.

This is good because Anno hating otaku and himself might lead to him making a good Evangelion movie finally.

I'd take him for a DNA test to see if my wife has been cheating on me.

>past glory
>a barbarians tribes who spend most of their history killing each other and being stuck in devolopment
>failed to become next global superpower and now forever being colony of burgers
So much for the past glory, you need to learn more about actual history and not some shitty pseudo historical crap.

He is right though. Anime is good but basement-dwelling otakus are the most cancerous people you'll ever find on the Internet, both in the West and in Japan.

>concetrated moe
Is this like what, 2007 thread?

Not really. If you want to witness the real untermensch, there are a lot of groups that are much worse. Asocial is not the same as antisocial.

>I finally realized there’s nothing you can do.
Good. Screw off with the savior complex. Face it, the person you actually want to save is yourself. But there's nothing to be saved from. You're a greasy otaku and you're given to escaping into your fantasies and interests. And that's good. You would have never made such an impact otherwise.

Mr. Anno needs to accept who he is.
>old samurai
Anno is such a dork, it's almost adorable. He just has shame.

Basement dwellers are what Sup Forums was made of and especially Sup Forums, and the reason why anime is still a thing, so you are not in the right place, pal.

What would be the best way to finish the eva franchise?

>never making the last movie
>make the last movie the way he normally would
>make the last movie as stupid and random as episode 25-26
>make the last movie beyond retarded criticism with the main girls becoming idols in the end
>live action
>last scene of the movie is anno killing himself

Owned.

I'm aware of that, but I reached that conclusion specifically because I browse this site.

I don't know who he wants to fool. Rebuild is fucking garbage.

Movie starts.

It's a livestream of Hideaki Anno's house.

He tells the Otaku how much he hates them and he's going to make sure that they never get 4.0

He puts a gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger.

An hour and 37 minutes of his slowly cooling corpse.

Still better than 3.0

Movie starts.

It's a livestream of Hideaki Anno's house.

He tells the Otaku how much he hates them and he's going to make sure that they never get 4.0

He puts a gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger.

The movie actually starts and everyone just watches it and forgets that he killed himself.

K I N O
I
N
O

>Movie starts.
>It's a livestream of Hideaki Anno's house.
>He tells the Otaku how much he hates them and he's going to make sure that they never get 4.0
>Camera turns around
>Urobutcher is facing Anno
>They are staring each-other down, a Walter PPK is shaking in Urobutcher's hand
>You know, Gen, I ...
>Liar!
>BANG
>Urobutcher succumbs to gravity and falls on his back. As he falls, A puddle of darkness slowly starts spreading from his back.
>Moyoko clutches at Anno's arm as he blows away smoke from his Colt. He holsters the still warm pistol and adjusts his glasses, which glint in the halogen light of central dogma.

Eva fans are hebephiles

Except for Misatofags.