Why did Evangelion focus so much on his hand?

Why did Evangelion focus so much on his hand?

SYMBOLISM

No one truly understands Anno's genius.

A hand represents the ability to grab power and thus control. Being a depressed kid, Shinji is unable to do so.

Symbolism to what?

That's actually good

The hand symbolises the ability to grab "power", as said.
His penis represents said power.
Rei represents the final goal of the use of the power.
The semen covering her comatose body represents the perversion of the original goal.

There's a similar shot of the Eva unit's hand.

At first I thought this was a meme but then I realized it made perfect sense

The best memes are ones that make a modicum of sense.

The hand is the means by which we make physical contact with others. Consider that Eva's all about people who refuse to get close to one another, showing a vacant hand all the time is perfect symbolism.

His hand won the Shinjibowl.

That doesn't make any sense. The eva unit won. Usually that meme is used if the thing on the right wins.

These kind of questions make me wonder if Evangelion is as deep as people say or we're just overthinking everything

Fucking all anime are obsessed with the hand shit. Close ups of flexing fingers or the generic grabbing the sun/moon. Kuyashi.

I still laughed

Because they couldn't show his dick on TV.

cos when people are under pressure or nervous they often fidget with their hand

>Rei represents the final goal of the use of the power.
>the semen covering her comatose body
But it was Asuka who got splattered while she was in a comba, user. And what about her "represents the final goal of the use of the power" anyway?

but they do show his dick in the first rebuild movie for a brief moment

Because the hand is another body language that indicate a character's state of being

parallels and pottery

The hands are symbolic of one's works. To focus on them is to focus on what one has done, or what one has the potential to do, or are about to do.

no they don't

Angst