Lupin The IIIrd: Blood Spray of Goemon

We are exactly one week away until the New Lupin III film opens in japan. It's directed by Koike once again which is a great sign. It has potential to be Anime film of the year. They are promoting the living shit out of it. Who's excited? What are you gonna do to celebrate Lupin's 50th birthday?

Here's the trailer just in case you haven't already seen it

youtu.be/c0XOK7C66hs

Other urls found in this thread:

gutenberg.org/browse/authors/l#a1358
youtu.be/j8IYmYreGWQ
youtu.be/UbJUjfKS3IU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

watch it in 6 months

you could watch it in about a month and a week since the Blu Ray/DVD comes out a month after it's theatrical release. You'll just need a region free player

Granted I will obviously wait for the Region A Discotek release which may take a year, but they did a great job with releasing Gravestone.

Japanese comes with a cook booklet though.

A dollar says Fujiko's only purpose in this movie is a rapebait scene.
Again.

Won't have English subs though

doesnt japanese releases have subs? could of swore the one I own has them.
she basically spends an entire scene butt naked almost getting raped by this giant dick robot in the Gravestone OVA. It was out of place and one of the few major complaints about the OVA. still got t see naked fujiko though which was nice.

If she is is naked and almost raped in the new film, im fine with that. I need to see naked short haired fujiko in my lifetime.

Where can I watch Lupin I and Lupin II?

you can't. you can read about them if you know french though. faggot.

>you can't. you can read about them if you know french though. faggot.

Actually, quite a few of the Arsene Lupin stories written by LeBlanc have been translated into English.

gutenberg.org/browse/authors/l#a1358

>next month, get the film and watch it
>eject the disk
>put it back in its case
>"...I've watched another trifling thing..."
>slam case closed and walk away while tv turns off in the background

I dont see the point of this post

They're trying to collect (you)s. Just ignore stupid posts.

It's a Goemon joke dummies.

Now that you mention it I can see where you were going with it but given the state of the internet these days I don't expect anyone to assume it's a Goemon joke without it being pointed out.

But yea it's a good joke.

It still blows my fucking mind that there are literally peasants and plebs that hated Koike's Lupin. All because "muh funny policeman" or "muh eyes the tittiess11!!"

Jesus Christ. Easily my favorite Lupin universe, along green jacket.

I'm rather glad that people that complain about titties but see nothing wrong with slobbering over male fanservice haven't latched onto Lupin.

What's your favorite Lupin movie user?

Secret of Mamo.

to be fair koikes Zenigata fucking sucks. he's so boring and lacks the lovable personality that made him a great character to begin with. That's like taking away Lupin's silliness.
Cagliostro but not for pleb reasons. close second is Mamo and Babylon.

>about them

Pretty sure that Lupin the second's novels doesn't exist

Eh, my biggest problem with it was the fact that Zenigata and Fujiko fucked tbqh.
Even if Koike wasnt the only one behind the Fujiko's series, but still.

Mari Okada is the one to blame for that one.

>Easily my favorite Lupin universe, along green jacket
>implying they arent all apart of one timeline
also Koike only worked on Gravestone. He only did designs for the Fujiko series. Honestly think people overrate his Lupin. Don't see whats so great. there are some cool moments in Gravestone, but calling it the best Lupin just seems silly. Maybe if it was the length of a feature film instead of 50 minutes, I would appreciate it more. give it more time to develop the characters and the story.

Honestly, I think it's fine for what it is. A pretty good story about Lupin and Jigen.

Is the Fujiko Mine anime actually good?

Kinda
You should check the first episode

It's a mixed bag. There are aspects I despise, like pretty much anything to do with the Oscar character.

Some episodes are kinda boring and Fujiko is out of character much of the time, save for the pyramid episode.

However, it looked good and Lupin is fun as always.

The Mine Fujiko anime was pretty weird and I think it started off strong, but got weirder and worse as it went on and in the end I just kind of wondered what the point of the whole thing was.

On the plus side it's one of the shows that brought Lupin III into its present form with stylish new designs that they're still using variations of now and the animation (as has been the case with Lupin lately is great). Personally I was a huge fan of the 2015 "Part 4" series and I feel that the Mine Fujiko anime didn't hold up to that at all.

>kinda
the overall story that unravels at the end wasn't amazing by any means but it had some of the best episode of the whole franchise. the episodes that focused on the other characters that werent fujiko were amazing. Phantom of the Opera, JIgen episode, Goemon episode, the episode where Lupin and Jigen save a tattooed mute girl. Really great episodes. Not to mention it has the best art in the history of the franchise in my opinion. beautiful use of saturated colors, cross hatching for shadowing to give it a manga esque look, and the attention to detail was superb. I wasn't a fan of that Zenigata but I can see why they didn't want him to be a bumbling fool. It also makes sense since it's a prequel to Green Jacket which had a pretty dark and gritty Zenigata for the first couple episodes anyway. Not perfect but still a must see.

easily a 7.5/10 series.

Oh and I forgot to mention about the amazing music

youtu.be/j8IYmYreGWQ
youtu.be/UbJUjfKS3IU

which is one thing I'll say they did much better at than the Jigen's Gravestone OVAs which had one memorable song which personally don't like due to the fact I don't think fits for a Lupin Project. The rest of the music is forgettable.. They traded in the mix of classical/jazz from fujiko for funkrock which I think is absolutely ridiculous I don't wan't to sound like I hate the music in general. It's not bad, but it's not my Lupin. Really think Koike should of brought back Watanabe as music producer for Gravestone and the new film cause I just think it's pretty lame since Lupin is known for it's amazingly iconic music. Just a nitpick.

>in my opinion

See? You should have used this sentence for the rest of your post too

No

>we want Persona 5 audience
Why is this acceptable?

>I'm a manlet and muh OC god character is the villain

Mamo is a fucking stupid film that gets exponentially dumber the longer you watch it, and I can't understand why anyone would have it as their favorite, or even consider it good.

bait/10

Doesn't make up for the shit plot

I don't see how you can expect anyone to take you seriously but if you honestly feel that way, then fine. You are free to have what ever shitty opinions you wan't, just don't try to pass them off as facts.

>Secret of Mamo
>Secret
I've been seeing this a lot on here recently. Why do people keep calling it that instead of the superior title, Mystery of Mamo? I guess it's a preference but Mystery is just a more fitting and appealing word to use for a title than Secret, especially in this particular case. The only time it's ever been labeled Secret of Mamo is on the old Geneon DVD.

>one week away

I guess we are done with the promo then
I hope some user who lives in japan will do a summary