Seiren 04

New thread. Hopefully the next two arcs will be better.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangagamer.com/detail.php?product_code=188&goods_type=1
youtube.com/watch?v=7KlT4YXyNGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am here to gather intelligence. Should I bother watching episode 4 or just wait for the next arc?

I don't think I'm mad enough to keep going for another thread.
I'll just go sleep and hope I'm not despairing by this time next week after Toru's debut.

Sounds like I should just wait for the next episode then.

Only hope comes down to Sup Forums and the childhood friend to save this timeline

I'm kind of cooled off too. At this point it's the designated shitposting show. It's garbage like Kuzu no Honkai, but no one here pretends it's good so we all just shit on it together.

It is disappointing that's for sure. I don't know what they had in mind but I hope and think it will backfire on them. The only way to redeem it is if the next two arcs are amazing.

The sales are tanking and they deserve it. Fuck everyone involved.

what went wrong? Episode 3 seems to have killed a lot of interest but I saw nothing wrong with it.

Watch until she kisses him.

I don't get it. What's the fucking point in making a romance show, and then blueballing everyone? It's like they want it to fail.

Is this a joke?

Well, the people in charge are either assholes or stupid. That's all I can think of.

I had a revelation about the first arc.

The ending was essentially, old fashioned romance. I mean that in how romance stories were written 100+ years ago.
You have the couple separated by time, space, and circumstances, but fated to be together and so they manage to find each other again X years in the future.
This worked back when romances were about good, chaste folk who would of course save themselves only for marriage and people ate up the idea of star-crossed-lovers who are separated by circumstances (usually family committments or business/military obligations).

I'm not defending the end. It is trash. But maybe this is where some turbovirgin got the idea that it might be a good end by using outdated tropes from the 1800's.

How much did Tsuneki get spitroasted while in Spain?

It's not she wouldn't have a ton of free time in culinary school.

I can't wait for all the doujins.

No, I think you're wrong.

>You have the couple separated by time, space, and circumstances
Except in this case they were separated by Tsuneki friendzoning him for a year and then fucking off to another continent for another 5

If you watched first 3 just finish it and get it over with. It will give you more perspective on what they'll do in later arcs too.

>I had a revelation about the first arc.

That's one word for what you had.

This. Struggling to overcome a barrier makes for good romance or good tragedy. Artificially induced stupid barriers make for garbage melodrama and trainwrecks. See: Seiren and Makoto Shinkai's filmography.

Think of all the situations she got into with just a weekend at some cram school with a bunch of nerds and a pathetic MC.

Now, FIVE YEARS IN SPAIN.

Wew. I can't even imagine the number of dicks she must have experienced.

>Makes spanish omelettes in episode 2
>Goes to spain for 5 years to become a cook
>That's the foreshadowing for this turn of events
BRAVO TAKAYAMA
R
A
V
O

You ought to watch episode 4 if you want to discuss the show here. You won't understand the mad at all if you don't.

>There was nothing shoujo about Kimikiss.

>Two triangles:

>Cousin x MC1 x Boring Girl
>Awesome Soccer Girl x MC2 x Awesome Stoic Girl

>That's all it was. And it was damn good. Kenichi Kasai is a damn good director. >Miles ahead of the Amagami and Seiren directors.

You must be out of your fucking mind.

Mao-nee first starts to date college saxophonist. What drove them to pull this off is absolutely beyond me. What kind of cuckery is this? The first MC then goes for the Hoshino-san ("Boring Girl") and starts to date her, only to break up with her later in favour of Mao-nee.

Seriously, do you in all honesty believe that anyone who played the dating sim Kimikiss was content with this disastrous plot? Seeing one of the heroines date another guy, then seeing another heroine's heart broken by a moronic MC who apparently can't make up his mind?

And the love triangle between the other MC, and the two girls was pulled off pretty badly too, and I'd in all honesty recommend you not to ever drop the name Kimikiss in front of one of Sakino's fans if you cherish your safety.

Not to mention pairing Kuryuu Megumi with Sunohara.

Kimikiss: pure rage is an insult of the worst kind. The people in charge deserve to be concentrated in death camps and all copies of their "work" burned as the piece of degeneracy that it is.

There is no beauty, no sense of aesthetic in it.

exactly my point. It harkens back to the day when melodrama was considered a key component in romance stories.
Its bullshit and forced, but 100 years ago, people thought this kind of garbage was art and idealized it.

That's not what I said at all.

100 years ago this would have been trashed in the same fashion as it is trashed today simply because it was so badly executed. The problem is not just the unsatisfying outcome but also how badly they pulled it off. The ending did not fit the route. It's like they switched out the last pages of the route to the good end with the bad end.

Fucking dropped.

Are you retarded or trolling

you can't even get your centuries straight, and what those sorts of novels do is block two people who are in True Love by some sort of circumstance
This isn't Romeo and Juliet, this is Romeo and Juliet except Juliet says "lol nah" out of nowhere because she wants to become a teacher in Greece

さすが

Is amagami the only good one of these types of romance shows?

Will they make a video game for seiren?

Watch it until the point where they kiss. Drop it as fast as possible when the MC is about to confess. The episode was great right until the last few minutes.

While it's well possible that this is what they're going for (assuming they're not dicks but simply incompetent), usually this kind of romance is still accompanied by some kind of vow to meet again or something. Also it is usually outer circumstances forcing the lovers apart rather than the girl deciding not to talk to the other for the next five years and leaving the fucking country completely out of random.

Nah, her forgiving slut-chan wasn't great. It was also retarded.

Yes.

mangagamer.com/detail.php?product_code=188&goods_type=1

>It harkens back to the day when melodrama was considered a key component in romance stories.
You mean yesterday?

Not really forgiving, more like acknowledging a good play/tactics. Tsuneki would've done the same given the opportunity. That's why they're friends

What the point of that whole thing was is also beyond me. They put a lot of effort into a scene that had absolutely no purpose within the narrative.

Still, the rest of the episode was good and they had some good development - enough to pull off a good ending. Yet they went full retard within the last few minutes.

Except she flipped shit on shouichi who wasn't even her friend, then just glossed over her friend maliciously betraying her.

this is my waifu

are you neckbeards actually watching this for the story or to rub your clits?
this is the nastiest part of chan

youtube.com/watch?v=7KlT4YXyNGA

THAT ONE user'S WIFE RUISE IS SUPER CUTE!

That girl is seriously cute. I want to make her a mother.

her arc will be shit

>her arc
>implying we're getting a second season after this disaster

>implying she won't be best girl

If this were a VN what we saw would be considered the Normal End.

They didn't get together on the MC's terms and someone was on the receiving end of the friendzone bat against his wishes but their relationship didn't end up broken in violent pieces. Hope still remains and the couple have what's left of their lives to make things work. And they will make it work, even if we won't get to see them tying the knot.

>She chooses pleasing everyone else's with her food instead of the guy she has been close with for like 2 weeks

lol

I don't think this fully qualifies for that simply because there was no "relationship". They completely stopped talking for five years and only met by chance afterwards.

This is closer to Haruka's bad end, where Juunichi meets her years after.

>Normal end
>Hopes and dreams remain
>5 years of complete estrangement and wasted youth while the girl went around the world and likely dated other men
Come on now.

I'm am still so fucking confused as to why they would start off with the worst arc.

>likely dated other men

A-are we sure she got railed by spanish dudes?

reminds me of this

>Our love is just beginning! (trembling voice)

How many stoner jokes have been made about her?

Normieslut got the ending I expected. Not sure if the "pure" meme was ironic or not, but I enjoyed the shitstorm this show caused.
>reading the live watch thread.
Pure gold.

How was rape cases in Spain?

No, the outgoing flirty girl who's got as hell and dresses in revealing clothes and who explicitly states she wants attention from guys and to climb the stairs of adulthood spent 5 years avoiding all contact with men.

Hot as hell*

not many, really

Seeing the JUST A FRIEND memers get so assblasted they shut up for days was worth it.

Getting SPAIN'd was completely unexpected to everyone though.

The ending wasn't to be expected though. It came completely out of random and didn't fit the route at all.

Arguably she underwent "character development" in the last five minutes, which is the whole reason for this mess, so I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted you to believe that she completely changed her ways.

L O L.

There's no way an attractive girl like her isn't constantly getting hit on. And a hot Japanese girl in a foreign country? She got a real taste of Spain, and we're not talking about food.

So is this a savior of romance genre I was waiting for? Or should I skip it?

Brain damage and character development aren't synonyms.

Anime is not real life though. I don't think they wanted to go for an actual NTR type ending here.

Which is why I said "character development". It came literally out of nowhere. This ending was some of the worst writing I've ever witnessed.

Holy shit these nips are on point
>Lord "No, let's try over with another heroine five years ago"

I knew it lads, a cute, outgoing and friendly bijin like her will never give me the time of the day, and was just using me

Yeah, she totally stayed a virgin her entire time in college in a foreign country for a boy she sort of had a brief connection with for a weekend and kissed but wasn't important enough to try having a relationship her last year of high school.

>me
self-inserting a little hard there

>You are already black in the back of Spain to the back of your pussy

I wouldn't be surprised if that is what they want you to believe.

Do you honestly think they went for a bad ending here? Deliberately fuck over their audience? For what purpose would they do that?

If it was actually like that I'm certain people would actually take the ending a lot better. The problem was the ambivalence of it. It's not even a real "bad" ending.

wtf I'm a ruise missile now

>implying that this show wasnt made with self-inserting in mind

??

Agreed.

I was making a joke.

It doesn't matter what they want, they fucked up everything and suspension of disbelief only take you so far.

>route
>never
>ever

Yeah but girls in culinary school are total sluts though at least when i went.

so probably every friday

They still fucked up, even if it was not their intention you can't expect your audience to be that innocent to expect her to return a virgin.

Or they straight up didn't care and are like "ok cool both had 5 years of meeting some other people, fuck, and now they will be ready to be together.

Either way the result end result was disappointing

Are you implying they didn't fuck over the audience?

At least with Rihoko she still had feelings for him she just couldn't express yet, and she got her good end with SS+.

They can't even fix this shit.

SLUTneki had physical relations with young strapping hispanic men while she was learning to cook omelettes

Of course they did fuck up.

What I'm asking is: did they do it out of malevolence or incompetence? And how am I supposed to interpret this ending they delivered?

Nip banter is top tier
The blackness is also meant as a reference to Slutnekis black dish in moonrunes, clever elevens while working as a straight translation

It's like the wanted some happier 5 cm/s ending where they meet again after all those years but completely missed the point about budding relationship between Shouichi and Hikari.

You could even argue that Hikari had suspension bridge effect while she was in the seminar camp with Shouichi and the feelings sorta disappear when the problem got resolved.

She was probably getting gangbanged every siesta.

They showed her back at the restaurant, but they didn't show the part where she dropped off her 4 half-breeds at her parents house before asking for her job back at the restaurant.

Seiren SS+ would be about the awkwardness of MC being her boss because she was somehow too stupid to pass culinary school and now has to raise the 4 kids by herself. Cuck end with MC raising her 4 sons.

NO ONE EXPECTED THE SPANISH INQUISITION

I think "malevolence" is a pretty stupid reason to suggest. Seiren isn't artsy or experimental or anything; stuff like this is ultimately meant to sell, not screw with the viewer.

The writer is just fucking retarded.

Yea they scrambled her eggs alright
Ayaneru was a mistake

It was shit. Don't kill yourself thinking about it. Just scream at Takayama like the rest of us.

>You could even argue that Hikari had suspension bridge effect while she was in the seminar camp with Shouichi and the feelings sorta disappear when the problem got resolved.
Well possible, but I don't even see anything hinting remotely in that direction. At the end of the fourth episode it seemed like they'd be dating. After the kiss in particular. Yet then they twisted it into this kind of ending out of fucking nowhere. It's a completely incoherent mess. Is this supposed to be a bad end or is that their idea of a good end? If it's meant to be bad, then they clearly failed to drop the hints that this is going to end this way. If it's supposed to be a good end, then their idea of what makes a good end severely contrasts with what the average viewer thinks of a good end and they should probably reconsider whether writing these kind of media is the proper career choice for them.

>mfw I realized that Ikuo got a better ending than Souichi in Tsuneki's route at the very beginning of episode 4 while Souichi had to wait for 5 years

Holy shit. This just makes it so much worst.

>The feeling that you are playing the trial version endlessly
>I wonder if it will become a man who will beat me with a tortoise
>Wow, I have indigestion
>If honestly Eroge got sex after kissing, the store manager was better and it is a bad end flow this time

These are actually pretty deep as far as machine translations are concerned.

>Seriously, do you in all honesty believe that anyone who played the dating sim Kimikiss was content with this disastrous plot?

The only other solution was to do some kind of omnibus format which Amagami SS and Seiren both did (are doing), or try to amalgamate all of the main heroine story arcs into one confusing mess of harem that would have been confusing considering all the moving parts required for each arc route to take place.

Kasai did it right. Take a source material and adapt it in a way that works. Unless you think Amagami and Seiren's formats are preferable.

Should I watch Seiren? There's a lot of negativity here but its only the first arc right? Even Rihoko arc ended badly

Its never out right explained why Ikuo was so genki, hopefully we will find out one day.

Why she got away with betraying slutneki?