Please tell me this show gets better

Please tell me this show gets better.

I'm on episode 4 of Yu Yu Hakusho, and it's just a slog so far. I don't know how people say it's better than HxH. Characters seem flat so far, and the plot is not that captivating.

>4 episodes in

What do you expect in four episodes.

Something that can give me incentive to keep going with the show, so far there's nothing interesting about it. HxH at least had the Hunter Exams, but this just seems to be going nowhere.

didn't he just get back into his body?

keep watching nigger

>4 episodes

Literally nothing, can he even use Spirit Gun at that point?

Don't fall for the meme, OP. The only people who praise this show are nostalgiafags who watched it in the 90's or early 00's, I speak for experience. It was decent for the time, but there are many, many battle shonens out there that are better and don't drag on as much.

Toguro's arc is much better than the part you're watching, but it isn't worth the time that you're gonna waste to get there.

>4 episodes in
Kill yourself nigga, go back to your harem animes

Weird, I thought that the first few episodes were excellent. So much stuff happening, very fresh and original.

Its a decent show but people say its better then HxH because its Sup Forums and they want to be contrarian. If anything its more like a rough draft for HxH

Hey man the show gets really good, he just sint got any cool powers yet. Just got back into his body at this point

It gets better, but I think people over hype it

Just until Yusuke grabs some balls. If you don't like Yusuke or Kuwabara, then is better to stop watching

You're not even at the point where Yusuke is assigned to get those three treasures back yet.

I've just finished the Greed Island arc in HxH and this shit is awful compared to what I've seen of YYH (I've only watched the first two "seasons").

Everything that HxH has done so far, YYH did better. Like the Dark Tournament is god-tier compared to heavens' arena, and it wasn't really THAT great.

spirit gun has always been my favorite shonen technique. it was the perfect ability for yusuke

How is 4 episodes a slog?

Is there a short way to watch YYH? SHould i start at episode 5?

LOL anyone who says yuyu is better that hxh is just a nostalgic old fag

Let me drop some factruths:

1.) Hunter x Hunter is the best shonen series of all time
2.) Hunter x Hunter 1999 didn't do it justice, Hunter x Hunter 2011 partially did, partially butchered it completely
3.) Overall, all anime adaptations of Hunter x Hunter are inferior to Hunter x Hunter the manga
4.) Yu Yu Hakusho is a worse shonen series than Hunter x Hunter
5.) The anime adaptation is better
6.) It is better especially because the English anime adaptation exists, which is also better than the Japanese one

So the key to enjoying YYH => watch the English dub anime

>5.) The anime adaptation is better
*better than the YYH manga

I got to like 77 and copped out. Its a tad overrated. Guess there was a reason i stopped watching in the toonami days

Just watch until the end of Hiei arc, then skip to the arc where Toguro first appears, then skip to the island tournament and watch until the end from there. You will miss some important context regarding the characters and their motivations , but well, you're asking a way to watch it quickly, so i'm giving you.

You are the typical guy that only watches or reads stuff to post on Sup Forums. If you don't like it stop watching and spare us of this shitty thread.
>6.) It is better especially because the English anime adaptation exists, which is also better than the Japanese one
You are such a pleb.

>I don't know how people say it's better than HxH
They are delusional nostalgiafags and/or hardcore shounenbabbies that just want something as close to DBZ as possible. HxH is significantly better written and more interesting, as you'd expect since he wrote it as a veteran and without Jump's influence.

YYH was fun at the start but quickly turned into constant fighting tournaments I couldn't give a shit about

>If anything its more like a rough draft for HxH
Not really, though you can tell they're authored by the same guy.

I think HXH is a stronger series, but I think YYH had a more compelling concept -- it just somewhat squandered it on shonen tropes like tournament arcs. Togashi is good at drawing creepy stuff, and I wish YYH had emphasized its "paranormal detective" angle more. YYH is mostly wasted potential to me.

You dont like it period. Nobody cares to convince you otherwise

also the hunter exams is excrutiantly boring. It was only until Nen was introduced the H x H was interesting.

It is *your* and your such a oktaku hah

The only real slog is that arc with those 4 guys, with the 1 guy who uses a flute to summon demon locust or some shit. It's such a slog, I don't even remember much about it.

faggot

>You are such a pleb.

it is literally better

it added extra life wich the original didn't have to the dialogues

and the english songs are much better too

fuck that "machino" in the opening

"maleru I choose you" is kino

It won't. Only nostalgiafags enjoy this shit.

Nu Sup Forums worships Bleach and Nurutu and hates YYH. What a sorry age we live in....

Show me one user that worships Bleach. They don't fucking exist.

The show changes massively over the next 15 episodes. Near then you get to the start of the dark tournament and things get nuts.

Hunter X Hunter takes about 2x as long to get going as this show, just get through it.

It gets pretty great fights and doesn't draw most of them out.

Doesn't really deliver on it's premise though. You're a spirit detective! So go out there and investigate the paranormal! Haha, just kidding, go fight in a tournament to see who is the strongest.

YYH is just an inferior, proto-HxH.

>nigga didn't even get to the assignments yet
>muh HXH

It took 35 episode for HXH to ever get good, YYH does that in 10.

Also most people are referring to the characters and fighting as being better which it is. Give it to epidose 12.

>as you'd expect since he wrote it as a veteran and without Jump's influence.

yeah just like Lucas became better with the prequel trilogy right?

>YYH does that in 10.
dude even the first episode of yu yu hakusho was excellent

Nobody worships Bleach or Nurutu unironicaly here.

Nice alternative facts user. :^)

Watch in english.
The (English) characters and voice acting make the first arc (8 episodes) great.

Second arc (20~ eps) is pretty whatever, but is saved by the characters.

Dark Tournament saga (45~ eps) is good on its own merits as an action/battle story, but the characters make it much better.

Chapter Black saga (30~ eps) is hit-and-miss (sometimes badass, often mediocre) but made great by the characters.

Three Kings arc (15~ eps) is kinda-sorta interesting political drama, but is also kind of full of shit. It sets you up for a massive payoff, but ends on a weird and anti-climactic note. All of this, however, is made great by the characters.

As you can see, characters = 80% of the appeal. I've seen some of it in Japanese and it is not good. Watch in english.

Don't OP. Ignore dubfags posts and opinions

Not him but shut the fuck up. The sub for YYH is fucking garbage compared to the dubs localization and VA's. This is the rare case when Dubs > Subs

>HUUURGGHHH YOU'RE A MESHI I'M VEGETA WITH DOWN'S SYNDROME
>better than a cast consisting of Nozomu Sasaki, Shigeru Chiba, Nobuyuki Hiyama and Megumi Ogata

>Better than a cast of no name nips
Yeah, pretty much. No need to weeb out so much.

>fucking Link
>no name nip
How new can you be?

>It's a 'one VA ruins the show' episode.
>Being forced to read those dry ass translations when the dubs actually made script worth listening to.

You're not getting any closer to Japan, user.

>Link
>Literally just a bunch of grunts and yelling
How big of an autist can you be? Nobody gives a shit who voiced Link.

>Literally SFX
>Good VA

Nigga you must be baiting.

>one VA
>Kuwabara sounds like a complete retard, and Kurama has a deep male voice despite being a trap

>thinking Funi's tryhard joke dub is actually well written
You might as well watch an abridged series.

He's also famous for lots of other anime roles such as Viral. You'd know that if you had watched more anime than (dubbed) DBZ and YYH.

>famous
>is a literally who voice actor who's most famous for do SFX in OoT

why are you so frustrated

>Nobuyuki Hiyama
>literally who
>hasn't even watched TTGL
Keep proving how new you are.

>Waahh muh trapfu

Kurama isn't a trap, nor have he baited anyone by pretending to be a girl, you're just a faggot.

>I-It can't be the script is actually, it must be the forced jokes.

This still doesn't stop the sub script from being utter garbage.

>Muh Link

This isn't a popularity contest nigga, no one fucking cares about VA's other roles if they were mediocre in show were're talking about.

>Kurama isn't a trap
There's a scene in the show where he's mistaken for a girl, though. He's literally the proto-Kurapica. Shinji's voice makes a lot more sense than some deep masculine literally who.
>This still doesn't stop the sub script from being utter garbage.
That's because the show itself is a mediocre shounen. Turning it into an abridged series where everyone is constantly making out of place wisecracks doesn't change the fact that the dub voices are objectively less appropriate for the characters.
>no one fucking cares about VA's other roles if they were mediocre in show were're talking about.
And he wasn't, which you'd know if you had actually watched it in Japanese.

>Please tell me this show gets better.
Yes, much better.

Back then they did not have as many animes out each season, so the shows usually started slow and picked up speed over the episodes rather than throwing their best at episodes 1 and 2 to pick up your attention.

Most people watch their first battle shounen at 16 and then go on to praise it as the second coming, so you really shouldn't expect much from this genre, unless you're a fan.

This is you final (You) because I bet my left nut sack you're not even Japanese like 90% of the fuckers who cry about dubs regardless of if they're good or not. Have fun with the boring ass sub.

>butthurt dubfag casual
Fuck off back to Sup Forums.