WN link:

web.archive.org/web/20131127132412/http://ncode.syosetu.com/n7145bl

>俺の隣に佇む、女神エリスを指さしながら。
>俺は、困った表情を浮かべオロオロしているエリスに手を向けて。
>「こちら、あの有名な女神エリス様。魔王を倒したご褒美代わりに、せっかくなんで連れて来た」
>「「「えっ!?」」」
>めぐみん、ゆんゆん、ダクネスが、驚きの声と共に後ずさる。
>と、ダクネスが片膝をつき。

Going off from last thread, we have a few things confirmed so far about the WN.

>Kazuma does kill the final boss with explosion
>Kazuma chooses to revive in fantasy Australia, except he brings Eris as his cheat this time around
>Epilogue does involve Aqua kicking him out of the house for saying how he wants to build a harem. Is chilling with Eris at the end talking about what everyone is doing (Eris gets pissed at the mention of the harem comment).
>Confirmed that volume 6 was drastically different, and volume 10 is LN only.

Still going through the WN to see if the Wiz, "flag crushing" stuff, and the Aqua doki moment is legit. Will post them as I go along.

I have heart that after WN ending there were realised several short storis

sorre bad english

I got what you were trying to say user.

I haven't heard seen anything past the epilogue, but I'll still make sure to look around just in case.

>edition

Damn you.

It's pretty common spoiler to hear though. That the first and only flag Kazuma had with Aqua happened at the very end. So yeah no worry that they'll go that way.

>edition

>Still going through the WN to see if the Wiz,
The Wiz thing seems super fake. They wouldn't off a character like that for drama, I don't think. And I doubt they could get Wiz and only Wiz- they'd have to get Vanir too and that seems like a fight they can't win.

It doesn't make sense if Vol. 4 is still there in the WN considering Aqua hugely mellowed to Wiz in that volume.

Only reason they would would be to break down the barrier and didn't Megumin just explosion spam her way past it?

Depend how different Aqua's powerlevel in the WN is. In the LN she can break the barrier even while letting one or two boss live. Or at least that's what Wiz claimed.

I still want to know why is megumin crying.

Wolbach probably?

Well, the "Manarocks" part of the filename might mean that she just got enough (expensive) mana regen to do a ton of explosions. That's a pretty touching gift.

>まあ、そういう事なんだけども。

>「そもそも、なぜ上級魔法も使えない冒険者が、爆裂魔法などという複雑な魔法を覚えているのか……。……一体お前は何なのだ?」
>「……何なんだろうね。俺もよく分かんないよ。というか、自分の立ち位置って奴すら分かんないぐらいだ。俺は、あいつらの……保護者? 恋人? 飼い主? ご主人様? 友人? 仲間? ……うーん、何に当たるんだろうね」

>今更ながらに悩みだした俺に、魔王は変わらず、脂汗を垂らして手の中の光を見つめている。

>「俺の仲間にこの魔法が大好きな娘がいてさ。俺の隣で毎日欠かさず、これをぶっ放しまくってたんだよ。お陰で、俺でも習得が可能なぐらいに、この魔法の詠唱も完全に丸暗記しちまった」

>手の間にある、火傷しそうなぐらいに熱い光。
>気を抜くと、それがあっという間に暴発しそうだ。
>めぐみんは、よくもまあこんな代物を、毎日制御できていたもんだ。

The daily explosion sessions paid off

>「なにか、勘違いをなさってますね。私達はアクシズ教徒。そう、アクシズ教徒なんです。私達アクシズ教徒は、死んだ暁にはアクア様の元へと送られます。そう、私達の敬愛するアクア様の元に! そして、そして……! 私達は死後、アクア様の管理している世界に転生する事になるのです! そう、ニホンと言う名の楽園に!」 「えっ」 この信者、今なんつった。

Huh, so it looks like the Axis cultists believe Aqua will bring them to a paradise called "Japan"?

I guess that's one reason why the population of Fantasy Australia isn't reincarnating in that world much.

Translate it please.

So, from what I can tell, the Wiz thing seems to be bullshit.

I'm not 100% sure since I'm just skimming through the stuff. But I think Aqua's barrier break isn't as strong as it is in the LN, so instead they have Megumin using Explosion multiple times in a row against the barrier.

Still reading through it just to make sure though.

It's not WN related, but all the panties misinformation annoys me a lot.

The "no-panties" thing is anime-original, so why do people believe bullshit theories like "invisible so no one can see them" and "only ____ can see them" are canon when the theories haven't been mentioned in the anime?

The only "sources" people have are a piece of fan-art and an answer from the author that no one has ever managed to find a link to.

I don't understand why some anons say than LN Aqua don't wear panties

Could be that anime goddess are barbies

People like to bring up the "sometimes the LN art is different from what is actually in the novel!", which is sometimes true. But I'm pretty sure in this case it is clear that she does wear them.

If she didn't that would have obviously been mentioned for comedic effect.

Comedy.

So, correct me if I'm wrong on this, but it seems like the doppleganger guy from volume 10 wasn't part of the WN?

From what I can tell the only boss left should have been the Priestess one. But I suppose the LN is drawing things out?

If so I'm actually pretty glad about that, since I assumed the series was heading towards the end point.

I don't think that dude ever claimed to be a barrier keeper

only generals mantain barrier. He was head of DK intelegence

Demon King is astonished that Kazuma is channelling explosion magic

“You who can’t even cast advanced magic, how can you possibly know explosion magic? … … What on earth are you?”

NAKAMA

The demon king is staring fearfully at the fireball in my hand

“There’s a girl who’s obsessed with explosion magic in my party. She would practise it with me every single day. Thanks to her I know everything about this spell.”

I look at the ball of fire taking form in my hand
My hand is staring to burn and it doesn’t look like I can control it any longer
If it were her, she wouldn't have any problem with something the size of this.

Doppelganger wasn't a general.

Iris development was stopped cold in the WN due to a memory loss plot device.

However, the LN has gone on a different track and decided to promote Iris into a main heroine with multiple volumes.

We're still pretty damn close to the Demon Lord though considering there are nearly no generals left. The funding to push the invasion also serves as a plot device to further advance the war.

KazuMAN

A L P H A

That's cheating tho

>We're still pretty damn close to the Demon Lord though considering there are nearly no generals left
There's a school of thought that the WN was rushed to start development of the LN.

Can we go back to the memory loss plot device? Iris has turned into shit.

>getting doki doki for Aqua
Why on Earth would that happen? Doesn't he loathe her? Or see her even less than a human being?

He's always loved her. They are best friends no matter their bantz. He just never saw her in a romantic light, though he does comment to himself sometimes that he thinks she has a divine beauty to her and he can understand people would worship her if she didn't talk

>「私の名は、八坂恭一。魔王、八坂恭一だよ

So I'm a bit confused here. I thought the Demon King's name was Satou? I thought I heard that from another user before, maybe there was a mix up or something?

He actually doesn't hate her, she just pisses him off. Not to mention it is the same vice versa in regards to how she thinks of him.

Why else would they be sticking around with each other like glue? They are birds of a feather too.

Skipped some chatter

"... Are not you afraid of death?"

“Of course I’m afraid.”

After this
There will be nothing of me left.
Not even Aqua will be able to resurrect me
I’ll never see their faces again.

But,

“ … Don’t you want to hear how I became the demon king and why I my war?”

"I don’t care"

But,
I guess they're hoping that I will manage somehow.

".................." Curse "

And so, before he could finish his spell.

"Explosion" ---- ッ!

I unleashed mine

Would not mind the actual series ending this way.

>“ … Don’t you want to hear how I became the demon king and why I wage my war?”

So I'm guessing all the details we learn in the Explosion! spin-off aren't mentioned in the WN?

Also does anyone know if the references to Kazuma's last name are in the WN? It's been cropping up quite a bit, with Wolbach mentioning it. So I'm curious if this is an LN original subplot or something that she is building up to.

This is the part where he wakes up from the car crash right

The serena arc is somewhat related

It didn't amount to much in the WN and probably won't matter much in the LN either

no

Wow she's pretty cute with long hair

This was just posted

exhentai.org/g/1023370/422d3ffd4c/

Haven't read it yet

So far so good

>edition
Kill yourself.

>WN
What's that?

>trying to fit in
You can get upboats here xdDD

the original konosuba web novel that natsume wrote

> Kazuma
> Having enough MP to unironically cast explosion
Immersion ruined. The only good final fight is a lvl 1 Kazuma bullies the Demon Lord to death

He used a manarock

I'd still really like to see Kazuma bully a demon lord to death.

Okay that's pretty fucking manly.

>expecting scumzma not to cheat

This.

Before Kazuma
>“W-What was that!? Explosion magic—!?”
>“Ah! Look over there, those people—! It’s two Crimson Magic clansmen and…”

After Kazuma
>“Wahhhhhhahhhhhh. God, please save me!! Wolbach-sama please—!!!”
>“That’s just a dream. That’s right, when I wake up, my mother who had gone out for a walk will come back with a wild boar to make steak…””

That was a tag-team of him and Megumin though.

Before Kazuma:
>“So you’re my fiancé? Although I heard that even the female children of the Belzerg clan are militants, you actually look pretty weak. And here I was thinking that I would see a strong and cool appearance. How disappointing.”

After Kazuma
>“T-, T-T-, That was… j-, just to keep the distance between my nation and Belzerg. I just wanted princess Iris to hate me, so I didn’t really mean it…! Also, I, too, was tricked by the prime minister, and furthermore, as a sign of our nation’s alliance and friendship…!!”

Manarocks don't even have enough MP for Megumin

The idiot just walked right into that. Though it may have been with Kazuma's provocation. I don't remember how exactly he fucked himself over.

Megumin's explosion >>>>>>>>>>>> Kazuma's

>edition
As expected from megumemefags

Isn't this from 2013?
Why the sudden interest?

We've always had an interest, it's just nobody bothered to translate it before it was taken down.

We had summaries a long while back (before the anime aired obviously), but a lot of them were either made up, or twisted the facts.

Since we're kind of going into unknown territory with the LN (what with volume 10, and the spinoffs not being in the WN at all), it would be nice to know the details for comparing and contrasting.

Other than that, most people are just curious.

I actually felt kind of bad for the kid with how hard he was turned down, but I gotta admit that was a really satisfying moment.

I see, thanks.
Is it common for LNs to deviate from the WNs? Is a whole new ending plausible?

Yes. It's pretty common.

Very common.

A WN is kind of a weirdly complete first draft for many of these authors.

In Konosuba's case, many people speculate that the WN was so "far" from completion that she rushed the ending for her fans in order to start working on the LN.

Since money is involved, slight changes here or there happen, too.

The previous summaries are mostly accurate but small details are lost.

For example, someone said that Kazuma got kicked out of the mansion by Aqua because of his neet attitude.

Turns out she told him to go outside and cool his head because he told her he wanted to have a harem.

It's pretty common, I mean usually the LN versions are more concise, cutting what may the author (or editor) might consider to be superfluous in the published versions. Sometimes the LN is really just the WN put into a published novel form, with some better editing.

In this case there are some pretty significant differences, while at the same time going by a relatively unchanged plot progression. Some events are moved around, some new ones are added in, but a lot of it is still the WN. Just modified quite a bit.

But, like mentioned previously, with the spin-off novels and 10 it's clear this series is starting to get farther away from the original WN more than it had before. Which is pretty exciting all things considered.

Which Wiz thing are you referring to? If it's about Aqua trying to purify her, that does happen in the web novel. Just a few days ago at that time in the story, Aqua received a message from the gods that Kazuma relayed to her. This message was enough to make her serious about finding and destroying the remaining generals. Skip to a few moments later in the story and you find Aqua trying her best to actually purify Wiz in her shop. Vanir steps in to protect her but Wiz motions him to stop. She then gives a really nice speech where she tells Aqua that she enjoyed all the time she spent with everyone and that she's okay with being purified as long as it's Aqua doing this.

As expected, Aqua takes her speech very hard. She runs away from the store crying her eyes out. For the next few days, Aqua never left her room. It takes Kauzma having a very awkward moment with her in her room for the final arc of the series to begin. It should go without saying that Wiz is still alive at this point in the story.

How can a lich be so cute?

>Aqua was tightly hugging Wiz from behind as Wiz worked at a small table.
>“You are cooling and comfortable to hug. There are no customers anyway, so it doesn’t matter if you are not in the shop, right? Stay in my room for this summer then.”
>“E-Even if you say so…”
>Although it wasn’t swelteringly hot, the heat wave at this time was still unbearable.
>She had no intention of leaving Wiz’s cool lich body during this period.

Aqua is tsun as fuck for Wiz.
Lich confirmed for godess daki.

exhentai.org/g/1023039/4774310c15/
They go together well

Well fucking appreciated mate

That's so fucking adorable.

I'd like a lap pillow from Wiz during summer.

>so why do people believe bullshit theories like "invisible so no one can see them" and "only ____ can see them" are canon when the theories haven't been mentioned in the anime?
>hurr, durr, why do people have ideas?

So does she dies in the end or not?

She doesn't die. Wiz's last appearance in the series is her promising Kazuma that she will become his magic teacher once he returns home from defeating the Demon King.

So did the web novel ended now or just the translation came?

It already ended quite a while back, it's getting bit and pieces spoiler/translation.

thank you for the translates mate.

Oh I see. I guess the anime is going to adapt the LN, and already has taken some liberties.

Is there more info of the wn somewhere? I'd like to see more, since it doesn't affect the LN anymore. Is that megumin in the OP picture? Why she has long hair?

That is Megumin in OP's picture. The reason why she has long hair is because Megumin is 17 years old in the web novel.