Tesla truck will need power of 4,000 homes to recharge, says study

Tesla truck will need power of 4,000 homes to recharge, says study

energylivenews.com/2017/12/01/tesla-truck-will-require-power-of-4000-homes-to-recharge/

When will the electric car meme die?

What's the energy consumption of a full tank in a diesel tractor trailer in "homes"?

Wow, will they really? Maybe we should just stick to moving trailers full of shit with our homes instead.

That doesn't make sense. Re phrase your Gore tier question plz

How many homes do I get per gallon.

Have they actually provided the capacity of the battery on something other than meme units?

Does anyone have a full spec sheet?

kek I bet the batteries are made without any damage to the environment too right?

I can burn your mom's home down with about a gallon.

Electricity is way more efficient than fossil fuels since much less energy is lost due to entropy. The problem with electrical cars is the cost and the range not the efficiency.

Lol, that makes no sense m8.

The power needed isn't really a limiting factor, it's the batteries, which are poor stores of energy.

Batteries have barely evolved in 150 years. Being able to make them far more efficient than they currently are will probably be the thing that really sparks off lots of people turning to electric cars

>Fossil fuels...

The batteries are fucking massive, they'll take up the entire bottom of the car and weigh like 1000 pounds. Imagine how much fucking strip mining they needed to do to find the rare earth metals to make that shit and the entire chemical process. It's probably one of the single most environmentally harmful items to produce.

Diesel semis already use all that power+much more wasted as heat. The power needed to haul loads cross country has not changed. Electric motors, in and of themselves, are much more efficient than gas/diesel. The issue is the corollary industries: lithium mining, engine manufacturing etc.

Ironic innit

Internal combustion engines are much more cleaner than external combustion engines. !0 minutes of research and you will find plenty of studies to support that claim.

Don't be woke user, nu pol doesn't get paid to understand science or economics.

electricity is dirty. only 5.5% was wind and solar doesn't even make the cut for its own label

what am i looking at here, satan?

>power needed hasn't changed
But it has.