ACCA: 13-Ku Kansatsu-Ka

So I just watched Episode 3 of Acca and now I'm even more confused than before.

Is there a relationship between the president of the privy council and Jean? He shows up in the OP and cries over that moonlit scene, which seems like the sort of place lovers would rendezvous.

Why does the brown 5 guy have two brothers who are also in senior ACCA positions? Is he plotting a coup of his own?

Will the prince initiate his own coup de'tat against his grandfather? Where is the rest of the family, like the older princesses and their children?

Could the president of the privy council be related to the king, in the same way the kuhina nui of the kingdom of Hawaii were brothers or uncles of the king or how some of the Hands in A Song of Ice and Fire were lesser sons or uncles of the Targaryen kings?

And is Jean just being manipulated by Mauve for Grossular's purposes?

She's definitely manipulating him, but I'm not sure if it's all for Grossular or if she has her own agenda.

She probably has her own agenda to keep the king in power and stop any coup de'tats. And Jean is probably the only person amenable to that in the current political climate, I guess?

Did anyone else notice that the symbol of ACCA and the symbol of the royal family are th same bird?

It'll be funny if Jean is above their plans.

It will be funny if all their plans fail because Jean gives no shit about them and is too busy enjoying his smokes.

What would he do though?

Jean is literally the link that keeps ACCA relevant because his boss doesn't do shit aside from eat pastries and drink tea. He's basically the Director of the Audit Department in everything but name and salary. If he's "above" it all he just lets it all happen and the chips fall where they may.

His only alternative if he actually believes in Acca is to be Mauve's man.

It will be funny when Jean is the first person in 100 years to die of lung cancer

Mauve and Konatsu are the best girls this season. Down with teenagers, hail real mature women.

Who's Konatsu? From Rakugo?

Yes

He's being bribed with cigarettes to let the coups happen.

All your questions are big spoilers. So read for your own risk, if you want to know the further plot.
Jean is King's grandson and the president of the privy council knows it. He was trying to kill Jean's mother before and want to get rid of him now. Because he wants to rule himself and Jean is a legal heir to the throne. The president of the privy council (or the cardinal) can control the king and thinks that he would be able to control baka prince. But he can't control Jean who is with Acca. He wants to dismiss Acca too, so nobody would obstruct his power. Brown guy, whose name is Lilium, also wants all power for himself. Not through the crown, but through the Acca. He wants to gain control over the Acca and all districts. He is a person behind the coup and he is lying about Grossular because Grossular wants to oppose him. Lilium's brothers also want power. The rest of the royal family as of now are Jean and his sister. Their mother the princess died in an train wreck and I'm not sure, was it the cardinal who arranged it, or was it an accident. Grossular took the blame for himself because he just feels he is responsible, but he didn't do it. Prince won't arrange any coup, he will be the target of a coup himself.

I'm going to hide this post because I don't want to actually read spoilers, I just wanted to see people discuss some theories about where the plot was going.

She is literally cucking her husband every night with her lover/father of her child.

But what's the point of theories when it is already known what will happen? Isn't it kinda stupid? Like you are turning away from reality and pretend you don't see it.

His boss is actually very important, he's just hiding his true personality.

There are people who aren't reading the raws because the anime is interesting, and I'm sure there are people who torrent the anime on Sup Forums who don't feel inclined to look for the raws.

I know it doesn't answer my question. Writing theories on things that already known is like closing your eyes and saying you reject the reality and imagine your own.

That's not it at all. That's like saying people who theorize about what will happen to Ned Stark during S1 of Game of Thrones are blindly making head canons. For people who haven't read the books, it's totally valid.

The same is true of people who don't read raws to spoil the anime experience.

>That's like saying people who theorize about what will happen to Ned Stark during S1 of Game of Thrones are blindly making head canons
Well, they are. It would have been theories if the books or series weren't released yet. But when they are released it's just head canons and fanfiction.

It can't be head canon though, because it's not speculating about things that happen after or outside the story.

Head canon is also rejecting author's plot and replacing it with your own. It doesn't need to happen after or outside the story.

Is this yaoibait?

But it's not rejecting an author's plot. It's just not reading ahead of the story. Like, when you read a book, you don't skip to the end and consider your theories headcanon.

People here like to pretend it is not, while in fact it is.

Oh so much fujobait. Especially episode 3.

It's not just not reading ahead, it's also writing your own 'theories' of fanfiction about what will happen next.

Three seconds away from on-screen anal sex at any moment.

Grossular looks freaked out, like a straight guy who suddenly gets a come on.

With Mauve. And a pack of cigarettes.

I looked through the chapters they already animated and it's two whole volumes for three episodes. There are six volumes altogether. And they still left out many little moments here and there. Like Rail actually paid some shady guy to stalk Lotte.Why are they cutting some moments when there is not enough material for 12 episodes as it is? Made me sad.

Also I think imouto was cuter in manga.

>Why are they cutting some moments when there is not enough material for 12 episodes as it is?
Anime original ending

Someone tell me if this goes full fujo so I can drop it now

It won't go full fujo.

Thanks. I've liked it so far so I'd be disappointed if it did.

Well the first 3 chapters that were translated were like 1.5 episodes. Given that there are only 6 volumes they're probably going to be able to do most of the stuff, or reincorporate it into later episodes.

Wow, the anime really improved on Mauve there.

Have you never read or watched any of Natsume Ono's works before? She doesn't really do explicit romance.

In anime they made he look more generic for plebs. Manga has its unique and artsy style.

Yeah, she does outright yaoi though. Why do you pretend she is not a BL author?

It's only in like 1 or 2 works out of more than a dozen.

Mauve is not as fappable because of that spoonhead. When you read it, yeah, it's unique and interesting. But animated? It'd look awkward considering Jean's reactions to her.

Still she does it. Not like there is any of it in Acca.

He may like her personality, user. I doubt he faps to her anyway.

>Doubt he faps to her
Doesn't tobacco reduce your libido or something?

Watching movies with you must be a blast.