Are you enjoying the isekai fad a lot more than its predecessor, the magical girlfriend fad?

Are you enjoying the isekai fad a lot more than its predecessor, the magical girlfriend fad?

No I hate both of them.

I enjoy all nice things.

LN writers should combine the genres where the protagonist reincarnates as the magical girlfriend of another secondary protagonist in another world.

I am. Even writing my own Isekai story at this moment for a hobby.

>magical girlfriend fad

I don't hate isekai, I just hate shit anime, it just happens that a lot of them are isekai.

>magical girlfriend
You lost me.

I think the Isekai fad is actually pretty good. The range of variation allowed seems much higher than with battle academy harems or slice of life clubs

A reasonable post? In Sup Forums? Get out of here.

I think he means the kind that drops on your head and triggers the plot.

So MC was walking to school and then this mysterious girl fell from the sky on top of him.

This will never be fully translated.

That's been a thing for ages, it's not the previous fad.

No, isekai is trash and I make it a rule never to pick up any isekai shows.

I'd watch it.

Does it have to be the MC that gets transported to a new world for it to be an isekai or does having any character originating from the old world?

so what's going to be the enxt big fad? homosexualism and skating?

from the old world counts*

The MC must be the one who gets transported to the new world, so that the viewers and readers can experience and learn about the new setting from his or her perspective.
If it's a rather unimportant character who just happens to be an Earth human who got transported/reincarnated/consciousness-transferred/awakens from cryo-stasis to the new setting (which can be another world, or another time, or another world in another time), but doesn't really offer his or her insight upon what is different from our contemporary Earth, it would lose out on what makes the isekai genre so appealing.

The MC has to be somewhat relatable to the readers and viewers.

The predecessor was the imouto fad.

I see. That's too bad then.

Post isekai daughterus

I'm not enjoying it - I want a normal magical/fantasy/scifi/... world where nobody is trapped or reincarnated. No escapism, just a story of odinary adventurers on an adventure.

I much prefer that one.