Date a Live

Reminder that Mana would be the superior imouto if she was your everyday imouto.

[x] Touch Tohka's tohkas

I'm praying we get a Mana arc.

The Itsuka backstory interests me, and Mana a cute.

Why won't they make season 3? No seriously, legit question here.

Probably after Shidou seals Kurumi. We'll probably get Shidou's arc for real this time. Hoping we'll learn more about Mio in the upcoming arcs too.

A stranger can't be my imouto.

Kotori has too many flaws as Shidou's sister, user.

Rule of thumb: red oni > blue oni

Mana a shit.

Lies and slander. Shido would strongly disagree too.

>Mana
Literally who?

But she never told Shidou she was a spirit and that Mana will die in 10 years and that he was a walking bomb that has to be killed if went berserk.

But she does have those nice evil rape eyes

Shidou's real sister.

Why is that bad? She had reasons why she kept them a secret. I'd love to have an imouto who worries. cares, and protects me by taking on secrets and burdens that she can't tell for your sake.

But wouldn't you feel sorry for your imouto if you love her and don't want her to suffer at all?

Of course. But if I was in the same position, I would do the same out of love. People do things like that because they care for the people they love, even if it means they might get hurt or don't agree with the method.

That doesn't make her any better, user. Also, when do we get more berserk Kotori?

Guys why not have both Mana and Kotori? Two imouto is better than one.
As long as we're talking about White Kotori here.

But Kotori is cuter and acts like a proper imouto loli, especially in white mode. And if I'm craving for a strong and disdain/cold imouto, I have the option of black mode.

But I love Kotori's rape eyes

Help, I found this cute dog on the road. What do?

White Kotori is the only Kotori worth loving.

>You will never see Neo Origami animated
How long will the suffering last?

>rape eyes
>not better

You mean black and white.

>Implying they are not one in the same

Black only worsens the situation for Shidou when interacting with spirits. That's why Shidou is kinda working "alone" as of late.

[Citation needed]. They wouldn't have gotten as far as they did in the entirety of Mukuro's arc without her.

>Implying the spirits didn't help in bringing down Ellen and Shidou took Mukuro head on alone.

Who was the one who drew this? Would be nice to update it with Nia, Mukuro, Artemesia and Elliot.

They all helped. But like Tohka, Kotori often is one of the more pivotal roles, especially with Ratatoskr's backing, or rather being Woodman's right hand.

What's going on in LNs at the moment? I stopped following after Itsuka Disaster.

Yeah, but she alone can't do anything. That's why Kotori is better off being white.

White Kotori is dead, Mana is the superior imouto now.

>alone can't do anything
Uh, the harem working together and battling along side the MC is what DAL does. Kotori's role is a bit different than most of the others as a strategist and support, but will take action as a Spirit if it's necessary.

One guy from Pixiv, don't expect an update any time soon.

>dead
Old meme should stay dead.

Like White Kotori.

Lies. White sometimes even penetrates black mode when Kotori gets emotional for her onii-chan.

He is talking about the conquest part, most of the time it's Shidou's own actions what determines if the sealing is possible or not but since he still needs help in the end.

Yes
YES

A scene like this has not happened in a while, she didn't even get worried when Ellen stabbed him on the chest.

That's different. For a proper harem MC, the MC has to go through the motion and overcome challenges to win a heroine's heart. So that is a given. The harem help where they can, such as in battles, resources, planning, and so forth, but ultimately what should win a heroine over is seeing the MC's determination, bravery, and feelings that cares for her.

Why was Date a Live 2 so bad?

That's the point, when the series started Shidou was unexperienced and actually needed support but lately the conquest is pretty much done by himself until something gets in the way and they need to fight it.

No budget, and volume 5 and 6 are the weakest entries in the series.

Well, to sum it up:

Shidou going berserk helps the "second spirit" escape. Shidou mets her and her name is Nia.

She likes 2D and thinks the real world is not worth it so Shidou and the others get into a doujin competition where they win.

Nia reads the doujin they have written and tears up a bit upon reading it. She later was about to sort things out with Shidou when she suddenly goes inverse, becuase Westcott had implanted a chip in her brain that made her forget every experiment they did to her like: crushing her skull open, cutting her limbs etc.

Shidou and the spirits get into a fight agaisnt Ellen and Shidou shows some progress in controlling the angels at will. However, a new girl named Artemesia shows up and extracts Nia's inversed sephira a . She then hands it over to Westcott and he inserts it into his chest gaining the demon beelzebu.

Shidou manages to save Nia but she can no longer use her angel. Also, she looks like a 18 yer old girl but she's around 40-45 and says that all spirits used to be human which shocks Shidou, Kotori and Origami.

The next spirit is Mukuro who is currently in outer space. Shidou tries to convince her to come down to Earth but she refuses and says that if bothered again, she will stop Earth's rotiation.

We then learn that Woodman was part of DEM but created Ratatoskr to protect to the spirts becuase he fell in love with the first spirit and he can also seal the power of the spirits.

After some events, Shidou and the rest go back into space and Shidou fights agaisnt Mukuro. Turns out Mukuro sealed her own heart with her angel and that made her unable to feel emotions. Knowing that Shidou used to copy Mukuro's . Meanwhile, Kotori is battling against Ellen with the help of the spirits and Origami is fightning against Artemesia.

He has gotten better, of course, but it's not at the point where he can solo by himself. Even if Shido gets a lot stronger, I doubt the author is going to bench the girls. Feelings and relationship is important in DAL, so the girls will always give assistance. Friendship power trope isn't unusual too if need be.

Make it short and name only the relevant parts.

-Shidou can use more angels now
-Westcott can use Nia's demon
-Ellen was defeated by Kotori and several other spirits
-Elliot has sealing powers and was in love with the first spirit
-Mukuro is actually a good girl

>“Hey Onii-chan~~~.”
>A familiar voice called out from behind. And as though his imagination realized, Kotori and the others appeared with something enthralling in hand. Beside him, Tohka shook her head with uncertainty.
>“Muu? Kotori? What are you guys doing?” This was also futile, however.
>Where Kotori stood lay a long conference table. The Spirits who came to revere, with pens in hands, seemed to be scribbling something.
>“Hmm.”
>Currently equipped with her white ribbons, Kotori was wearing a fiery red kimono and picked up the wooden cuboids beside her hands. The topmost punctured part was used to hoist said miniature planks with a knot.
>“Ooh what's this?”
>“It's a wishing plaque. If you write your wishes on it, they will come true.”
Stop it, user. White is alive and well.

It's been a long while, but I'm pretty sure Kotori wasn't there to witness Ellen stabbing him.

>Mukuro is actually a good girl
user.

>Doesn't write the fact spirits can't age except when sealed.
user.

Yeah, but the spirits teaming up is something that only happens in the final chapter while the rest is about Shidou dealing with the spirit.

>Doesn't write the fact spirits can't age except when sealed
Except Miku exists.

I'm was talking about a scene where Kotori actually fears for Shidou's life.

Yeah but Shidou is taking action himself lately which shows his growth as a character, that's all I'm talking about.

>spirits teaming up is something that only happens in the final chapter
What? It mostly started since vol.4. After Shido had at least 2 Spirits or more.

Yeah and I did say Shidou needed their support at first but not so much anymore, the formula has changed and the only reason the girls are still relevant is because they have the last chapter where something bad happens.

That is rare and should be rare. There aren't many things that could kill Shido who has Kotori's regen. But I think the last time she was really concern was in Origami's arc.

>Doesn't write the fact spirits can't age except when sealed.
I hope this isn't true. I want Yoshino and Kotori and Natsumi to be lolis forever.

That's wrong, Shidou's regeneration is very limited and it takes a time before the regen powers activate depending on how lethal the wound is. You can kill him by just cutting his head or just destroy his body which anyone from DEM can do, take last volume for example he had to use Natsumi's angel to regenerate a new arm because the regen powers weren't enough.

Last time it was in volume 12 where she had to kill him with Dainslef.

Hope you know Japanese.

Shido won't die even if you kill him. He can heal or revive so long as there's enough mana or so long as it doesn't exceed the regeneration ability. At least in the story, few things are a real threat under normal circumstances. Brain getting destroyed didn't stop Kotori, so it shouldn't be an issue for Shido either.

Mukuro is not fair since she's OP'd as hell.

Touche. But that is only natural.

“…………….Come to think of it, when did everyone else become a Spirit?”
“Aah……..I became one five years ago; it’s about one year ago for Miku, I think?
Origami is only recently. Then, the rest are all pure Spirits.”
“Eh…………..?”
Responding to Kotori, Nia had a puzzled face.
And then, Nia inclined her head in wonder as she continued her words.
“Pure spirits……………? But, weren’t all Spirits once human?”At those words,
“Eh……………..?”
Everyone who was present on the rooftop widened their eyes

When was this?

Shidou is not some kind of biological weapon that can regenerate at will, it's even worse when you consider the fact he cannot use the angels power at full potential so comparing him with Kotori is dumb. Getting your arm destroyed can be done by a mere explosion as well, he doesn't a spirit body he is a human. It's like you think he is a spirit or something.

Kotori and the crew are constantly monitoring Shidou's body signals remember, must be the same kind of technology the laser Ratatoskr built to kill him.

I think you're forgetting the fact his powers fluctuates. It really is left up to the plot. He can be normal human in one scene or faux Spirit using multiple Spirit powers at once a serious scene. So it's not out of the question.

Don't Tachibana know that eternal lolis are the best? He needs to remember!

>It really is left up to the plot
That's not how it works, the only instance where could use the angels at full power was in volume 12. The rest of the time he is very limited in what he can do, Shidou still gets damaged when using because he doesn't have a crystal, he doesn't suddenly gains a spirit body when using angels, only in volume 11 he started to use Miku's angel to ignore the pain of using angels but that doesn't mean his body is not being damaged anymore. So yeah it's out of the question, you are comparing what a mere human can do to a full powered spirit.

>volume 11
I mean volume 13.

I'm not saying he could use them without any problems or with full mastery. You're just underestimating him and trying like he's a mere human when he definitely isn't, especially if the plot requires him to borrow powers from the Spirits he sealed.

Point is, there isn't a whole lot of things that could kill him. If someone like Kotori doesn't worry when he gets thrown into dates with unknown Spirits or is facing off against AST or DEM, then you should assume that there's little to worry about. That isn't to say that there aren't strong Spirits or Wizards who could kill him, but such situations or feats aren't common.

When does Tachibana introduce these characters?

Blonde punk loli is a qt.

>especially if the plot
Why do you keep saying this? This has nothing with the plot suddenly demanding he can use angels or not. Shidou is able to use any angel of the girls he sealed but is very limited in what he can do because the doesn't have a crystal inside his body. Shidou has a human body and whenever he uses angel it receives damage, this has nothing to do with him being half spirit or 100% human that's just how things work in the series. Even in volume 13 where he actually used multiple angels at once he still was easily defeated by Ellen/Artemisa because their power was very limited. It's like he got several new skills but his stats didn't change so these skills are weak.

Shidou has faced worse dangers than the ice barrier yet Kotori never shows any kind of concern for him, not even when the first dark spirit appeared.

Still waiting for vol.15. Inverse Tohka says some interesting things that are plot-related and Mukuro date.

He only feels pain when he wields the sword though. He seems fine using any other angel.

I actually didn't like what Dark Tohka said, Dark spirits felt like true monsters before but now it turned out they are just "troubled" personalities like spirits, really lame.

Because that's the only angel he actually wielded at that point, the regen powers are just a passive ability and the ice barrier is something he use in an instant and he felt exhausted after using it.

We didn't see what happened when he used Natsumi's angel in the Origami arc because it happened off-screen.

But he used Natsumi's in Mukuro's arc and he was fine. It's only Tohka's that strains his body.

What is wrong with saying that? Tachibana can write whatever stories he wants, as long as they don't contradict anything and aren't asspulls, anyways.

A regular human body shouldn't be able to swing around Tohka's sword with one hand. Being something akin to a Spirit does give him a stronger body, so it makes sense he could do that. In Shido's current state, he's like a Spirit in limited astral mode for stats, or actually more than that. The abilities he could use are less restricted as long as his body can endure it. Even if it can't and his body gets torn to shred, Kotori's healing ability kicks in to heal him and let him survive using their powers.

Kotori isn't omniscient, there are things she can't anticipate or become aware of. But she has and does show concern if she thinks/feelings serious danger beyond what Shido can survive.

>first dark spirit
Did Shido not hold off inverse Tohka for a bit? That's a serious feat and nothing something a mere human body could have done.

Because that happened after the volume where he learned he can ease the pain with Miku's powers which is just another ability instead of wielding the angel itself.

Because saying the plot demands it implies an inconsistency in the story which is not the case with Shidou's powers.

Again, Shidou has a human body and it doesn't change when summoning an agel, what actually happens is that he gains the powers of a spirit that's why he can wield the sword with no problem.

>Even if it can't and his body gets torn to shred, Kotori's healing ability kicks in to heal him and let him survive using their powers
That's not what happened in the last volume, the regen powers can heal him from minor wounds in an instant but truly lethal wounds take more time and mortal wounds can actually kill him.

>Did Shido not hold off inverse Tohka for a bit?
He only tanked the first attack while the sword itself protected Shidou and Dark Tohka was merely swinging her sword around and it still doesn't change the fact a dark spirit is far more dangerous than an ice barrier and Kotori wasn't even worried about him because the plot was more focused on Dark Tohka and Shidou to waste time on making Kotori worried.

In the LN, he parried a few attacks and summoned Zadkiel.

>introducing literal whos who are not even half as strong as Artemisa or even Mana

They are Artemesia's friends. They have to be introduced at some point.

Best imouto.

No reason to introduce them, Artemisa is different from DAS and only the strongest Wizards are allowed to be around Westcott. It's like introducing the AST at this point in the series.

For what purpose? They are weak.

>implies an inconsistency in the story
That's what asspull is for, with the additional implication of a lack of foreshadowing. He needs to use/activate most of the angel abilities inside him, so he isn't always powered up and whatnot. That's why it depends on the kind of plot that requires him to use powers or not or special circumstances could come up that could make him stronger or weaker depending. That's all I was saying.

>Shidou has a human body and it doesn't change when summoning an agel
I don't know, user. From what I've seen, it doesn't sound like that at all.

He has healed from fatal wounds without difficulty. Mortal wounds that leads death is possible, but it would take something powerful to do that.

>He only tanked the first attack while the sword itself protected Shidou
That's still a feat no normal human could do. And a mere swing from non-inverse Tohka is enough to cut threw city blocks. Inverse Tohka's casual swing should be stronger.

The plot was more focused on them and the situation at hand, but we did saw Kotori when the scene shifted to her and the crew. Kotori was shocked to see the readings of an inverse Spirit. If it was real life and death, I'm sure Tachibana wouldn't neglect the seriousness of the situation by not including Kotori being worried like she normally would if it was life-threatening even to Shido.

I know. The LN scene sounds a lot more impressive than the anime scene counterpart. IMS doing S2 was a mistake.

Look at this retard. Look at it

Becuase she loved them and she probably was stolen away by Westcott.

Buy me a kinako-pan Shidou!

>That's why it depends on the kind of plot
That's not what "the plot demands it" means. He didn't use the bow during the Satellite incident when it was the right weapon to use in that situation.

>I don't know, user. From what I've seen, it doesn't sound like that at all
Are you serious? It was implied after he summoned Sandalphon for the firs time with the his body receiving damage, none of the other spirits had this problem because they are hosts of a crystal. You can also apply simple logic and reach this conclusion.

>That's still a feat no normal human could do. And a mere swing from non-inverse Tohka is enough to cut threw city blocks.
What does that have to do with this? Shidou only tanked one attack to protect Miku while the sword itself protected Shidou without him wielding it, Shidou is a human that can use spirit powers and that's the difference.

Tachibana neglects a lot of things in the series. What are you saying? We are talking about the same author who turned one of his characters from a lovely girl to a raging lesbian because he thought it was funny, or how he avoids to write about the twins because he thinks their speech pattern is hard to write, then we have Origami going full retard with his revenge even when she realized the spirits were innocent and had nothing to do with her revenge.

He also never mentioned the mission of killing Shidou(which was given to her in volume 5) until he went berserk in volume 12, and nothing changed between him, Kotori and Ratatoskr. In the end it was only a plot device to release the captured spirit and mention the name Mio.

> Literally shorter Shiori
Wow, they are truly siblings

Artemisa is a different character in the LN.