Why do you watch anime and/or read manga?

Why do you watch anime and/or read manga?

I don't, I just browse Sup Forums.

Because I'm still hoping for the president to give me a call about an anime related global crisis that only my expertise can solve.

I like the stories, sometimes they are bad, sometimes they are really good, but mostly they are above average and enjoyable.

Its for fun.

Escapism from work.

Escapism.

because Sup Forums told me to.

Pandering to me

cute girls, I suspect the majority of Sup Forums is also in it for the cute girls

to those that doubt this: go to your Sup Forums pic folder and notice what gender the majority of the characters in it are.

Mostly escapism and enjoyment. But also because despite all of the shenanigans found in anime/manga, they will never be utterly bent over and fucked in the ass the way western comics and cartoons have by certain groups.

So that I can accurately argue on Sup Forums.

>But also because despite all of the shenanigans found in anime/manga, they will never be utterly bent over and fucked in the ass the way western comics and cartoons have by certain groups.

Same reason I watch television.

Cute girls and
It's a form of drug for me and now I'm addicted.

I'm a huge fan of storytelling, whatever the medium. That and titcows.

It's free and easily accessible.

Only enjoyable media out there. Modern Television, books, and movies are shit.

It's "free" and easily available entertainment.

This. Everything else is boring.

Kill yourself

i use to think this , but some of the cartoons coming out these days I kind of like.

(OP)

A mix of , and .

At first it was cause of the subculture, but now I'm an animation geek.

I like it. I require a lot entertainment to use my energy.

/thread

I have nothing else.

I don't know anymore, I have barely enjoyed anything released the past few years. CGDCT does nothing for me if the humor isn't good (it never is), and more plot-focused shows are weighed down by shit characters or wonky writing in some other department. I really need to move on to Western TV, but anime has wrecked my attention span and I can't sit down for an hour per episode except early GoT and most of Breaking Bad.

>released the past few years
There's your problem.

Good question.
I like Lina Inverse

That was not meant to imply that I have only been watching anime in recent years, only that the quality has gone down. I've been watching seasonally since 2007 and watched plenty of shows before that.

You need to take pills for your brain problems. Maybe that will make you enjoy anime again or you will be able to sit and eat western TV.

I like the drawings and the stories.

I thought watching anime was just a meme..?

Right, modern anime is horrible. I haven't enjoyed a single new thing since 2014, and yet I'm a-ok because that doesn't stop old anime from existing.

Or maybe you enjoy eating shit. Who knows!

Like the other user said, it's the only good medium besides non-fiction books.

You can't just rewatch all the good shows though. There's a finite number of them, and going back to old shows that also happen to be shit isn't any better than watching seasonally.

>but anime has wrecked my attention span and I can't sit down for an hour per episode
Attention span problems are a thing you shouldn't be ashamed of fixing.

Look at american super hero comics, they're all feminist/muslim/black shills. Though I have to note they've adopted the loli theme somewhat - within the feminist strong girl frame of course, but non the less.

Most of the time anime and manga is on the front line and american comics make shitty adaptations of the themes. So why pay interest to american comics then, I'll rather watch the orginal.

Why can't you?

>They're all feminist/muslim/black shills

holy fuck you're delusional.

i have for practically my entire life. it doesn't fall prey to the victim bullshit propaganda that comics and all other forms of western media have yet, and that alone is a good enough reason to watch it.

That's not going to make anime any better though.

He's right, though. Sup Forumsshit has been destroyed by leftist groups.

Why don't you go watch some of them before you post. Then come back and explain how they aren't.

Because some shows are really enjoyable and are worth seeing before you die.

Plus the fact that coming to Sup Forums helps.
Also who even watches TV any more, It's the same old boring shit.

>black muslim feminist superhero
I haven't seen many cape movies, but there was like 0 black people, 0 muslims and 0 feminists in all Batmen, Supermen and X-Men.

I really dont know. I used to be fan of western comics but there havent been anything really interesting for years now. Hellboy was only thing i was reading and now it ended.

to shitpost on Sup Forums

>0 feminists in all Batmen

Forgot catwoman.

Look at the girls in spiderman, they're all raging feminists/SJWs.

I'm talking about the overall theme tho, strong men defending women, it's one big whiteknightfest in all of them. Then add some cowtit strong females who "need no protection".

Whoever can't see this is way too far into this thinking themselves.

to fulfill the existencial void usually occupied by interpersonal relationships

but he said comics, not movies

What kind of question is this?
It started many years ago as a fun substitute for social and romantic interaction that were too complex for an autistic twat like me at the time and continued on inertia even if I learned the ropes of society by mimicing and blending in.
I'm sure it's a story for majority of Sup Forumsnons.

Well mainstream media is shit, so there's that.

Did you know that first comics depicted literally rich fucks dressing in skintight suits, wearing masks and fighting street crime at night?
They were not popular enough, but they got a development in a form of Batman, Black Panter, Tony Stark and other billionaire super heroes.
Why?
Because PR.
You can look at comics MC backgrounds and deduce what kind of PR people behind publishers are trying to push right now.
If it's blm and feminist heroes - than their reputation is in need of fixing in med-to-long term perspective.

I do love art

>What kind of question is this?
OP here. I read every single one of those posts.
I asked this question and made a thread to both have an insight on the reason some anons are here and to (hopefully) push some people to make a little bit of an introspection over their presence here.
Sup Forums is kinda overrun by nihilistic people nowadays who shit on pretty much anything as long as there's a single flaw in the product so I thought that some people might have lost their way and thought self-reading could answer some problems. That is, it only works if some people actually want to do it.
I was expecting a lot of stuff like or some "but it's shit" answers but I guess people aren't all pessimistic pieces of shit.
I also think the discussion that spawned is rather okay for a thread that could have been branded as a "blogshit" thread and shitposted to death from the start

Also, I read every single post.

It fills a hole in my life that nothing else seems to fit

>shit on pretty much anything as long as there's a single flaw in the product
>the internet have more trolls now than 5 years ago
Jee that's surprising.

>it's not healthy
I can see that.
You know what else is "healthy" in nature?
Rape, murder, robbery, infanticide, homosexuality, genocide, racism, slavery and cannibalism.
Majority of what modern consumer do in life can be considered an escapism which most people only understand at their deathbed which makes our society to distance itself from idea of death and decay.
>Be a civillian
>Try to look at what a human corpse looks like irl
>you can't: it's illegal with an exception for few professions

Fuck you Marche. You're a douche. As says, even the "real world" we live in is an escapism from the harshness of nature. Also I hope your happy your brother's a cripple again you asshole.

PIN

PON

NARASHITE

I'm thinking about becoming an author so it's good for me to see how good/bad a story can get so I know how to make my own work the best it can be.

I'm sure there's better things to take reference than fucking japanese cartoons.

>Watch western movies/shows or play western video games
>good chance that sometime during your entertainment there will begin to be a push towards a certain agenda, be it ((climate change)), (((globalism))), ((((feminism)))), or other left-leaning garbage
>Watch nipland movies/shows or play nip games
>Rarely ever any agenda outside the Nippon numbah wan meme being pushed and usually only preaches basic moral stories on love, friendship, and responsibility in modest settings for the most part. Barring haremshit of course.

Nothing else like it. Can't find the stuff you find in anime in any other medium, save maybe books. But books don't have the kino element that anime can have

Please get the fuck out of Sup Forums. Also i think of the oposite, western media is too censored and stale outside of old books.

Mostly because it's free and kills time. Every other hobby I'm interested in costs a fuckton.

It helps me escape reality.

Because I enjoy it. The real answer you're looking for is this though: I find the way they tend to tell stories, and the total abandonment of realism, much more interesting than most shitty Western "muh real life drama" shows. Real life drama is fucking boring and gay, that shit is for normalfags.

Watch any prime-time show that is currently airing.

Every other episode will push the nu-male, feminism, BLM, LGBTQBBQLMAO+!XD, religion of peace, and other left-leaning message. The CEOs and head writers on these networks have said that they actively hire and fire based on someones political views and are trying to push their own liberal agenda.

>western media is too censored
Just because your ED having ass doesnt get a panty flash every two scenes doesnt make something censored.

Fuck off already.

Wait...people actually watch this stuff? I thought it was a meme.

All the most popular tv shows in red states are terrible though. Conservatives just have poor taste.

you politics-obsessed nerds are so obnoxious