Gintama Thread

New episode in 15 minutes

Spoiler manga talk

Thanks

Now that I think about it in a battle with Katsura and Jirocho who would win ?

What's with the French space?

French what ?

French people put a space before question marks.
It's not common practice in English.

It's on people

Oh yeah

Yes, he is back!

Too pure for this world

Finally Katsura in a serious battle huh?

Time to pick this back up I guess.

Great episode

Where did it end ?

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Nanomachines

The pacing in this episode was great. Three chapters and a half were adapted (563-565)

who?
>inb4 zura crossdressing.

Kid Katsura

Are we getting Sakamoto fight next week?

Katsura was a QT grill?

Yes

that would be the shit, imagine katsura is a reverse trap all along. my dick would not handle it.

Subs when

1 and half

That's all

A little more than 1 hour for subs.

Webms latter

Manga spoiler: Would've been awkward if he'd cut her throat like he threatened before he threw her off the building.

Not exactly a good rescue plan.

Yay

That's a shonen for you

I hope she dies

Cute af

She doesn't.

They get saved by Pirako.

I wanted to shitpost about how i grow out the animeme and now i found my 10/10 title...

You're welcomed

He's going to fucking die.

How far behind are you?

His brain and beauty were on the same level back then now his brain has fallen out of his head.

Watch today episode.

Why does she look like Erza?

The REALEST nigga is back.

Loses to Utsuro after a good fight. Tries to force Gintoki into marriage with his daughter with "dying breath", fails hilariously.

Samuel L Jackson and that other girl.

Gotta love how he just sees that bomb and immediately eats it.

SUBS OUT

They've been out. I just wait a few days to watch.

When did the second one happen?

What the fuck are they saving the budget for! This looks like shit. If Takasugi v Oboro also suffers then the director can choke on a sushi roll for all I care.

Probably Kamui vs Umibouzu, Umibouzu vs Utsuro, and Kamui vs everybody.

Umibozu fights deserve to eat most of the budget, those are the best part of this arc.

The rest will be carried by the seiyuus, for a reason Gintama has one of the best seiyu cast in the industry today.

Perhaps he was wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?

Seriously is this 20 min of unfunny jokes/talk and 2min of EdgeD4rkBl00d fight?

Well that was amazing. Really nice to see Katsura, I mean Zura get serious. I don't really get the complaints for this arc. I don't read the manga but this arc's been pretty great this far.

Yeah there may be some animation issues, but it's still good.

Holy shit was that amazing.
The flow from the action to the backstory of Zura and action again worked really well.
The previous director may have been a genius in comedic timing but the new one is a genius when it comes to battles and flashbacks.
It really reminded me of 305 with Gin vs Taka and how well it flowed together.

>but the new one is a genius when it comes to battles and flashbacks.
And that's rather important too since it's mainly fights and flashbacks now. I agree, it was a great episode.

As was said before, I think they're saving the budget for the bigger fights. That said, I didn't find the animation particularly jarring in this episode.

I'd rather watch the comedy then the fights to be honest

The season's certainly picked up now. This fight was goddamn awesome.

There was a whiff of old Gintama in that scene where the robot kept changing his appearance.

This fight had damn awesome direction and the animation, despite having some stills, was great. Don't know what you're complaining about.

Thats why I feel the next battle might suck, and besides NobuNobu turning good is the biggest bullshit in Shounen, as retarded as Irene turning good in Fairy Tail.

There's more comedy in this arc than there was in the last, even if it's a serious arc. It's the same with the current arc in the manga.

The whole math stuff from the last chapter couldve worked if Gintama was targeting at 10 years old people.

It was an awesome episode. The fight between Zura and Shoukaku, was well animated. Good to see that they were no QUALITY moments.

Best couple time

Katsura ja nai...ZURA DAAAA!!!

This had me punching the air man. Such a great moment. People criticise Gorilla for only doing serious arcs now, but at least the fights are glorious.

Basically up to Shinichiro Miki making chicken salad out of chicken shit again.

The animation was horseshit. With Gintama' they had a budget and could actually deliver some good quality animation rather than just QUALITY animation.

It had some QUALITY faces but overall better than I thought it was going to be.

I noticed one with Mutsu but none during the main fight.

It was so good. I'm a manga reader so I knew what was coming but it still hyped the fuck out of me.
It always happens with Gintama. I love it.

This

user from a few generals ago here
up to 304 now (from 266)
Jesus christ this Shogun Assassination Arc is the best fucking thing I've seen in a jump-based anime
It's still super weird to see the show be serious but damn it's nailing every trope in the best way

Never seen Gintama, should I start from the beginning and try to watch all of it? Start somewhere else? Read the manga instead?

Next episode is the best in the series.
Watch it now and tell us what you think if it.

Watch the anime from episode 3 (episode 1 and 2 are filler) until you are caught up and then read the manga where the anime left of.

Also remember to read these arcs in the manga, as they were skipped by the anime:
Kagura's Boyfriend Arc: Chapter 419-422
Excalibur Arc: Chapter 424-429
Ikumatsu Arc: Chapter 431-433
Idol Group Arc: Chapter 445-449
Love Potion Arc: Chapter 492-496 (Animated as 2-part OVA, but you will have to find them first)
Guardian Spirit Arc: Chapter 499-501

thanks user, I wouldn't have known there was stuff that got skipped. 300+ episodes is a lot to stomach but thinking of it as two watches of HxH makes it less intimidating.

You should start the anime at the episode 3. The first 2 eps are just useless fillers, that you can skip. The beginning can be slow, but it becomes more fun and interesting little by little. For me, the very first hilarious episode is at the 25, a Death Note parody. And then, you can try to watch all of it, if you really liked Gintama. Or even read the manga, btw. Hang in there, user it will be an amazing experience.

I started watching around 2 years ago when there were 260+ episodes and it was great, especially because when I was about to finish Gintama° got announced.

I just finished 304 and I gotta tell you user I don't know how they're going to top this.
They definitely padded it out with the flashbacks to build up 305, though. The fights so far have been pretty great.

Don't even compare Mutsu to that stagnant shitty sloot of a Mary Sue

Just go watch it and you'll see.

As shit as Fairy Tail is, I liked her back story with the eye.

Bad edit incoming

Can't remember her back story, but looks(tits)-wise Erza is better.

That was my hype moment on the entire arc, what follows is a bit of a mixed bag for me but this fight alone is what makes the arc worth rereading.