Why does this show suck so bad?

Why does this show suck so bad?

How can kyoani B-team continually fuck up so badly and make flop after flop? Just watch Little Witch Academia, then watch this. It's day and light. Absolute trash. Nothing like Hibike Kino

What could possibly be the difference between one moeshit show and another?

bad choice of adaption

the manga is not a mobage, is not even good or very funny comedy

(You)

I've never heard anyone actually articulate why the show is bad. Its just these assertions like its a fact.

>Why does this show suck so bad?
It doesn't.

I can't even stop. I have to keep beating this crap.

My friend and I have watched anime for 7 years, every weekend, together. And we saw the rise and fall of Kyoani. We lived through their golden age when they perfected the formula (K-on, nichijou, hyouka) and eventually, you could sense that there were 2 teams at work. The Kyoani A-Team, who made well-produced anime, and the B-Team, who worked in a dungeon to produce low-effort garbage like Chuu2, Amagi Park, and THIS one. This absolute waste of time.

From the OP and first 3 episodes, it's obviously aimed at the low-attention span audience who made a conscious decision to watch Chuu2 S2. Lame jokes, distasteful fanservice, disjointed episode flow . You can tell they're pandering to and banking on people popularizing it with AMVs and memes.

Anyone who watched Hibike! Euphonium is definitely not watching this hot garbage. But Kyoani knows this. They cater to two demographics. Those with taste, and those with ADD.

In my humble opinion LWA is not that good either, it's even flopping harder than Maidragon, so I'm not the only one who thinks that.

the boring protag is 99% of the problem.

Why are you saying that in a thread about maid dragon

keep your LWA shit in your containment threads

Well, OP compared it to LWA, can you not read or something?

Psst. Here's a hint. You should look at the points instead of the ranking.

Read the OP before you shitpost.

Points matter very little this early on, they're not accurate yet. And in case you didn't know, points are just what stalker is guessing based on the rank, my little newfriend.

>let's make a shitty bait thread
but why

I just can't understand how anyone can watch this and enjoy it with a straight face

Character designs:

>MC
the main girl is all right, obviously a female male-insert character. Works a job and is a closet-weeb. But doesn't do anything slightly feminine, she could be swapped out with a man and nothing would change whatsoever. Will not pursue a relationship with the co-worker as to drive off otaku BD sales

>the main dragon girl
For the next 9 episodes it's gonna be the same schtick as episode 1. Different dragon things that dont belong in the real world, boob/breast envy fanservice, and being jealous over the co-worker. she probably would've done better as a side character

>the loli dragon
Not completely bad. The team makes some tasteful b-roll shots of her doing cute things while the main cast drone on about stuff we don't care about. I think the anime would be better if it was the main character raising this loli dragon in a Usagi Drop kind of way

>the green hair dragon
I dropped the series right after she appeared. Painfully obvious she's just here for boob jokes and fanservice. Absolutely atrocious character design. Can't believe someone approved this

1/?

You guys are dumb.

You probably should read the manga before wrongly predicting how the show is going to pan out.

Two consecutive seasons of yuribait is tiresome. I want them to go anime original so badly but it's a delusional wish at this point.

Chuu 2 was shit. But I enjoyed Hibike and am enjoying Dragon Maid as well, so get fucked, faggot

Except Nichijou was shit.

Get this free (You) and fuck off

Plot:

They adapted an anime where the entire plot is what you'd find in a single skit of Nichijou. Let that just sink in. What would be one thousandth of Nichoujou is a 12-episode anime adaptation.

At first glance, it's a chuckle-worthy idea. A dragon forces herself to be your personal maid. I think they could've done a lot with this idea if they (and I say they as the Mangaka; Kyoani is only adapting it) had an ounce of creativity and didn't rely on best-selling tropes, strung one after the other to reach their editor deadlines.

Kyoani adaptations, the B-Team ones, have their moments. Chuu2, although overall a creative flop, was at least self-aware and gave some laughs. But it happened when it was at its most simple form. The Dark Flame Master gag was great, because it's a joke people can relate to from their developing years. But as the anime trudged on and characters kept being smooshed into the main cast, you lose that minimalist humor. Dragon Maid is sliding into this same pitfall. When you add one character per episode, you lose your potential for meaningful connections. Take Hidamari Sketch - it took SEASONS for them to add new characters to the main cast. Ume knew what she was doing, because you were given a lot of time to really feel out the characters and give them many possibilities and branches for interactions with the new cast.

2/?

>points means what i think it means for the time being for the sake of defending my argument

Ftfy, my sweet summer child

MUSAIGEN
NO
SALES

How is this selling, by the way?

>My friend and I have watched anime for 7 years, every weekend, together.
NO HOMO

Pretty decent actually.

>***,100位/***,108位 (**1,147 pt) [*,*22予約] 2017/04/26 Youjo Senki
>***,113位/***,107位 (**2,022 pt) [*,*30予約] 2017/03/24 KonoSuba
>***,231位/***,218位 (***,402 pt) [*,**0予約] 2017/03/22 Demi-chan
>***,375位/***,588位 (***,302 pt) [*,**5予約] 2017/03/15 MaiDragon

>flop after flop

so... you dont like it because sells?

Didn't he mean Phantom World? And those numbers are 2 hours old.

Bow to Sup Forums's new favourite studio

> Absolutely atrocious character design.
But that's wrong.

>DEEN is winning

And DEEN doesn't need to prove itself since it's created the best SOL of the past 3 decades.

>Hibike Kino
Yurishit is as bad as that swimming boys gayshit

I cannot believe the post someone maid in this thread that LWA is on the same level of flop as dragon maid. You have to be an absolute novice in anime to even consider posting this unironically.

Watch three episodes of LWA. The OST is gorgeous, the voice actors are adept in their delivery, the plot is interesting, and the animation is superb. It feels like a cinematic experience in each 22-minute segment.

The contrast should be OBVIOUS. So obvious. Like night and day, the budget of LWA has an extra two zeroes at the end compared to Dragon Maid. Dragon Maid is created with the leftover yen scrapings and newbie staff that weren't working on Euphonium.

I cannot even conceive the notion that someone would think both anime are on the same tier. I rated Dragon Maid a 4/10, and LWA 8/10. Double the amount of effort, at least.

Are you even aware of how poor the animation is in Dragon Maid compared to LWA? Have you watched enough anime to notice? Dragon Maid sits at the lowest common denominator of Slice of Life acceptability for animation. Remember the bit where the MC was giving the dragon girl a bath on the rooftop? It was a fucking slideshow. Two to three frames, looped however many times. Compared to LWA that is hand-animated

3/?

>it's created the best SOL of the past 3 decades.
?

>Just watch Little Witch Academia, then watch this.
They're both really great. Stop trying to force studio wars.

>Little Witch Academia's fifth episode is outsourced
Garbage.

We're having a comprehensive discussion about how maid dragon is inferior. If reaction images is all you got then get the fuck out

What kind of dragon is Kanna? What is her mythology?

Are you pasting this from MAL or Reddit?

Go read a book kid

>B-team
Pure Sup Forums bait

Isn't she Ainu?

Let's just post cute Maidragon images and wait for the mods to do their jobs and delete this bait thread.

You clearly know nothing about people working at KyoAni and there are not such 2 teams.

Also, Amagi is the best thing they have done in years.

post em

I don't think the people who say it's bad even watched it. I bet a lot of people are turned off by the poster. It gives off an impression of generic, shallow, monster girl ecchi haremshit. You have to watch it to realize it's actually heartwarming, family SoL show.

You and what mods?

Kobayashi's panties.

I have to force myself to watch another episode of Little Witch Academia (even though I do enjoy it). Whereas I can't wait for another Koba episode.

As my rant finds its end and my stomach hungers, I feel more disappointment for the users of Sup Forums than I do Kyoani. They have a reason for making this anime: While not valiant, they need to rake in cash for creating their next AAA title. Like the kind of seasonal part-time job you work between actual, real jobs. Or the album of outtakes and fillers that a musician releases between their next full-length album.

I figured I'd be joined in good company with my opinions, but I posted to see an influx of must-be-bait images. Are you wholly okay with having such low standards for anime? Dragon Maid is bad. It's the worst anime of the 4 my friend and I picked out: Witch Academia, Scum's Wish, Chaos;Child, and this animated trash heap. Witch and Wish being the two forerunners of the season. However i don't expect my standards to be met. One of the first Scum's Wish threads I saw on Sup Forums was a 300-reply cesspool of people who were triggered by the unconventional romantic situation the two characters were in within Scum's Wish. It was obvious that a virgin could never relate to the awkward adolescent/coming of age themes featured in the series. People forego the quality of an anime to ensure it panders to their needs.

I try to give every anime a fighting chance. My friend convinced me to continue watching Dragon Maid with him up to episode 3. That beautiful three-episode rule. In the time I could've watched another episode, I created this multi-post rant on Sup Forums (a board I hardly frequent anymore) to express my opinions on low-quality anime, and why we shouldn't be tolerating stuff like this anymore.

It's a fruitless endeavor, however. Japanese Otaku will cling to their low standards in slice-of-life comedy and buy in to their favored tropes and doujin-bait character designs. I only hope that I could convince one single person to drop this anime and pick up a worthwhile Kyoani comedy instead, like Nichijou.

This. Just replace the MC with some funny MC like Mio or Yukko and it'll be AOTS.

>the budget
How to spot newfag with 1000% accuracy.

Shut the fuck up Smokie

Kobayashi's too cute, I've seen some comments on Twitter Japan and other japanese forums of how she's too manly and ugly, seems like it's their least favorite character of the show.

You can tell it was supposed to be a guy but maybe the author was forced to make him change his gender by the editor.

Are you posting /mal/ reviews?

I don't get you people, this show is not worth the outrage.

Amusing because she ended up looking like the average career focused 5/10 female. Maybe hit too close to home for the Japs?

>152820419
>yfw Trigger is officially Sup Forums's favourite studio

I can't tell which side is more pathetic. Probably the guy spamming pictures.

He wasn't forced.

This would actually be decent if it was the only show that's watchable this season. Even Akiba Strip manage is better than this garbage. Now if it were to compare to something like Demi-chan or Konosuba, it'll look just like garbage.

>Why does this show suck so bad?

She looks like a guy, and I thought she was a guy until they mentioned she's a she in the anime.

This is the most enjoyable show kyoani has made in years, I do enjoy these grade c shitters trying to force their rage.

>a boy meets girl
It's obviously a self-insert male character.

Right? Here we are trying to do debate but his ass is so hurt that all he can do is spam pictures.

Sad!

This is why people can't take his kind seriously.

Amagi Park was brilliant tho.

I think it's just one or two triggerfags trying to force a shitty studio war. Kyoani is so far above Trigger it will never work, though.

>force
You can say that when this shit isn't a flop.

Konosuba is plain trash. Sup Forums-core and reddit anime of choice. It's amazing how many people actually praise this Big Bang Theory normieshit anime equivalent on Sup Forums.

Demi-chan is okay but it's basically more grounded MonMusume. Not a big fan of haremshit.

how does that make sense?

>side
I'm Hand Shakers warrior. I'm unstoppable. You can't even call me reddit/MAL because Hand Shakers are not popular. I'm winner in subcuture war

Kanna is LOTY

Hand Shakers are not reddit or Sup Forums anime. Join us.

you should jump off a high level bridge head first

It's a very forgettable series even by most forgettable show standards. Nichijou still gets the occasional thread, Maid Dragon will only ever get threads on the merit of it being a KyoAni show after it's done airing.

It's not a particularly interesting SoL once you get past the novelty of its basic premise. It's worth a few laughs and some of it is rather cute but that's about all it's got going for it.

>Big Bang Theory normieshit
Kyoani is as mainstream and normalfag as it gets.

>went along with it anyway
Based editor

>Nichijou still gets the occasional thread, Maid Dragon will only ever get threads on the merit of it being a KyoAni show after it's done airing.
I can spam Maid Dragon threads from five different dynamic IPs

>Sup Forums-core and reddit
>harem
Go back to /mal/ please/