What happened to great people?

What happened to brave men Sup Forums?

History is full of thousands of years of people sailing across oceans, exploring continents overthrowing governments they didnt like. People used to be so damned hardcore, so I ask how did we get so soft?
Things in our food/water?
Did all the great men really die in the wars?

I just dont get how we became so mediocre.

Pic related: Invaded mongolia in the 20's to restore the mongolian empire because he though it was cool
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_von_Ungern-Sternberg
If you havent heard of him.

HD anime

You're retarded, Nigel.

They went extinct in the 20th century.
I become more convinced everyday that World War I, the Spanish Influenza, communism, the Great Depression, World War II, the Cold War, and the dawn of mass media was just too much for the collective Western psyche to handle.
I feel like we're reeling from generational PTSD and the effects are only now beginning to show.

..fuck mah wife

bump

Wasn't he a heretic?

failure/regression seems to be the norm

They're too busy molesting children and raping & assaultinh women these days. There's no time to be real men when you're so busy opressing those who are weaker than you.

There's too much good entertainment. The circus aspect of civilization has kept people from getting bored enough to do anything. 1000's of white children being raped by Muslims? Meh that sucks but doesn't affect me really, let's see what's on Netflix. In the past going out and fighting your enemies was way more exciting than making cornhusk dolls and churning butter. Now it's just easier to fight people in video games or watch a movie if you feel the need for adventure/excitement

Child molesters, rapists and abusers of women aren't great men. Only shallow, weak pussies like Trump do such vicious things; trey aren't men at all.

>I feel like we're reeling from generational PTSD
Honestly something like this could be true, We just dont have it in us anymore

Heh, he's a modern Joan of Arc in my mind.

But yes, poison food is certainly a factor. I only drink alkaline water, don't use tap water, only eat organic, and avoid all toxic detergents, soaps, clothing, flame-retardant covered mattresses and carpets and blankets blah blah blah and I've never felt better. I walk around with a smile on my face looking up at the clouds. Maybe drugged out folks can say or do the same, but the difference is that I have aspirations I'm working towards.

As for other factors to consider, well, I think the false flags and other projects/psyops are meant to paralyze everyone in fear. Sort of like the NSA revelations.

I do think he is pretty good.
But not that long ago people were unapologetically exactly what Sup Forums wants from a leader, people fought for their country, people and beliefs with no compromise.

My hero already saved my people. The rest of you are on your own

When I made this thread I did think he is probably one of the bravest politicians of our time.

It is but a distant dream the last time my country was based.

It's called selection bias, faggot. History only remembers the hardcore people. All the pussies that existed 1000 years ago never did anything memorable and were forgotten.

Unironically this. Peasants throughout most of human history were certainly "hard" by modern standards, but only out of necessity. Most people were lemmings back then, too.

>that pic
It's a damn shame, user.

Sure I agree thats somewhat a factor.

But the fact that everysingle western/european leader seems to be a coward save perhaps Putin, and Orban seems strange to me.
Not to mention the general populace...

Great men still exist, it is simply that you don't recognize them as great or they don't have a chance to shine. Ungern didn't wander off to conquer Mongolia, he was a Russian officer who decided to drive the Chinese out of Mongolia during the Russian civil war because nobody could tell him not to. If the Russian civil war never happened Ungern would have eventually retired from the army, married some unfortunate Baltic German woman and probably beaten the shit out of her regularly because he was a friggin psychopath.

Besides what Ungern did is little different than what the Islamic State's goals are, they saw a chance to seize power and pretty much declared war on the whole world with the goal of forming a global caliphate. Without instability these great men never have the opportunity to rise to greatness, they just become average politicians or generals and eventually retire. If the American Civil War 2.0 broke out there would be plenty of great men trying to preserve the union, install a communist government, lead the 1st infantry division to conquer Mexico, or to make Utah an independent Mormon Republic.

Well go back to your 56% posting and lauren southern threads I guess

>But the fact that everysingle western/european leader seems to be a coward save perhaps Putin, and Orban seems strange to me.
>Elect faggots
>Why are all our leaders faggots?
Elect a hardened military officer president or prime minister or whatever than.

>If the American Civil War 2.0 broke out there would be plenty of great men trying to...
as with the other posters, I agree in theory. But I think things are pretty bad as already.

But there is also the Political coreectness side of things, people just didn't care not that long ago and did what they needed to do based on their beliefs, I dont just mean military leaders.

They still exist brother.
They are just in shadows of our society because they are not needed yet.
Just you wait though, in the next 10-20 years they will ammerge and make this world great again.

I hope so user

>Invaded mongolia in the 20's to restore the mongolian empire because he though it was cool

That's a piss poor way to interpret that mans actions.

>But I think things are pretty bad as already.
They really aren't.
>But muh gay marriage, muh trannies
That doesn't cause great men to arise, great men arise during conflict. Look at the Russian civil war, an entire nation collapsed and what happened?
>Finns, Poles, and Ukrainians declared independence
>Some other Ukrainians attempted to form an anarchist state under the Black Army
>Communists tried to seize and maintain control of the largest country in the world
>A Russian officer drove the Chinese out of Mongolia because why not?
>The white Russians attempted to fight against the communists on multiple fronts
>Peasant communes tried to tell everyone to fuck off and formed the Green Army

When America collapses great men will arise, when Europe collapses great men will arise, when a world war breaks out great men will arise. There is nothing inherent about greatness, greatness is due far more to circumstances than any inherent drive or capability.

Have faith mate.
Have faith in them as you do in yourself, they still exist. Men do not go through suffrage and be brave unless it is needed, it's not needed just quite yet but it will be soon.

I agree it was stupidly simplified.
I was just playing on the outrageousness of a child born in Austria who dreamed of being ghenghis khan and actually achieving it.

>Born in Austria
Jesus Christ you are historically illiterate. He was a Baltic German nobleman, not an Austrian. That's why he was fighting in the Russian army during WW1 and the Russian Civil War.

Thanks for your posts, Like i said, I dont disagree with what you say, I'm just confused by this void

>He was a Baltic German nobleman
yes

Ungern was the biggest Weeb in all of history. Not something to be entirely known for.

>what happened
capitalism

I know you are mate, we all are but don't lose faith in our white brothers, the tenacity and resilience of our race will never be able to be altered as it has been something that has been in us since we first walked this earth.

>R.F. von Ungern-Sternberg was born in Graz, Austria, in 1886 to a noble Baltic-German family. The Ungern-Sternberg family settled in what is now Estonia during the Middle Ages.

Fucking retard. He didn't dream of becoming Genghis Khan, he was an opportunist and probably one of the first asiaboos. He was a staunch monarchist whose goals were to restore the Romanovs. An admirable fellow, and your faggoty ass meme version of what he did and was is retarded.

Ww1 & 2 killed the majority of the cream of the crop.

>He also had Hungarian roots, and claimed descent from Batu Khan, Genghis Khan's grandson, which played a role in his dream of reviving the Mongol Empire.
There is no need to be upset user.

>one of the first asiaboos
>didn't dream of becoming Genghis Khan
Do you understand how fucking dumb you sound? He used Genghis' tactics and claimed to be a descendant of his through Batu.

>abu bakr al bagdadi
>Fidel castro
>osama bin laden
>Abdullah Öçalan

would you count these guys as great people? they are certainly brave men

Osama was pretty hardocre, you would be immature not to respect him somewhat.

Castro had balls, but so did the US back then.

Bagdadi wasnt as significant as people say, just a figurehead really, we dont know much about him except what the US got from him when they had him imprisoned.

Never heard of the Turk though.

>Heh, he's a modern Joan of Arc in my mind.
but he wasnt a cheerleader

Remember: The Mad Baron died fighting Red Guard commie scumbags.

Democracy, i.e. neoliberal capitalism is the problem. Families are broken down, everything is ruled by money and people are corrupted by media and advertising that tells them that they should act like degenerates.. The great cuckening began with democracy, which allowed globalists to rule the world through corruption and turn everyone into dumb servile serfs.

Over the course of only a few hundred money and democracy hollowed out and fossilized the Western world, killing its essence as it spins out its final cultural forms. Only blood is stronger than money. Western civilization entered the long Winter civilisation phase, at the beginning of the XIX century. The late period of culture ends with “the victory of the city over countryside, the intelligencia over tradition, of money over politics” in every High Culture at this phase. The American and French revolutions epitomized that late period of Western culture; in Classical culture the equivalent event was Alexander and political Hellenism. From the XIX democracy is the mask under which money dominates the body politic.

>In such a period, politics becomes an arena of competing generals and plutocrats, under a dummy ruler chosen for low intelligence and complete moral plasticity, who amuses himself and keeps the masses distracted from their troubles with bread, circuses, and brushfire-wars. (This is the time of all times when a culture should unite — and the time when such a thing has become impossible.) Technology flourishes (the late Romans were first-class engineers) but science disintegrates into a welter of competing, grandiosely trivial hypotheses which supersede each other almost weekly and veer more and more markedly toward the occult.

>Among the masses there arises a “second religiousness” in which nobody actually believes; an attempt is made to buttress this by syncretism, the wrenching out of context of religious forms from other cultures, such as the Indian, without the faintest hope of knowing what they mean. This process, too, leads inevitably towards a revival of the occult, and here science and religion overlap, to the benefit of neither. Economic inequity, instability and wretchedness become endemic on a hitherto unprecedented scale; the highest buildings ever erected by the Classical culture were the tenements of the Imperial Roman slums, crammed to bursting point with freed and runaway slaves, bankrupts, and deposed petty kings and other political refugees.

What's his face wants to establish a colony on Mars. Be pretty great if he pulled it off.

Was pretty surprised to see Ungern here. He in fact comes from ancient dynasty of warriors, so it's genetic. Genes determine 80% of man's behaviour.

>What happened to brave men?

They are keeping a low profile until the happening

t. brave man

You can't get anymore insane than that...

What the fuck are you talking about, nancy boy?

Men are still hardcore.

Look at this electrician. Someone like this goes out every day and is standing on the precipice of death just so that you can have electricity in your home to type this fucking senseless whiny shit.

>Truckers who drive twelve to fifteen hours a day for weeks on end.
>Sailors who cross oceans infested with pirates and smugglers.
>Militant uprisings where tens of thousands die. >High rise construction workers gazing down on the cities of our world while they build the foundations of new enterprise.
>Dudes who work on cables packed with 765,000 volts of electricity for eight to twelve hours a day every single day for decades.

All of these things are real and happen in every day life.

You just need to stop bitching and become a man, then maybe one day you will get a real man's job, too.

Bunch of bitches on this board. Seriously. Go become a lumberjack and stop dreaming about something you never lived, when real testosterone demanding jobs are right there in front of you.

>What happened to brave men Sup Forums?
Cheap calories and entertainment

Truly great people have always been few and far in between. As to the reason why we are soft? Well, that we have the ability live well within our comfort zone. They average person back then didn't have electricity, gas, high speed transportation, nor modern medicine.
You had to be a hardcore motherfucker because it was a motherfucking hardcore world.

And all of that is overwritten when they go home to their fat american/canadian/uk/aussie wife. Working hard and being a "real man" is a fools errand when women are unappreciative. This is also a reason why the west is fucked. Too many good men labour tirelessly to provide comforts to minorities and women, and get shit on in return. Wake up

we're still here

A simple reason is there's many more people. Someone else will do it, and little acts of heroics are scrolled across as a short news piece that would make you a legend in the past.