How do you break the video Jew...

How do you break the video Jew? Sometimes I feel that Jews put a reward system in every human's head to hook us up on stupid shit.
Another thing, how do I break free of the degenerate evil that is anime?
I finally worked up the courage to delete my 300gb+ folder of anime shit, only to just start it over again not a week later. The fucking japs have done more to damage my life than any Jew.

Fuck you, video games are fun and I'll keep playing them.

Simply acknowledge that whatever you're doing isnt real/you're not really doing something, that'll drain the fun out of it pretty fast.
Noticed this when I played stellaris, its a decent game if you want to understand how 'doing something' isnt actually 'doing something'.
You click, the right prompt follows, repeat. Nothing more, nothing less.

Once I realised that videogames basicaly exploit a human's intrinsic inclination to want to get shit done, I dropped them like a brick. Why spend 1000~ hours playing a videogame and getting 0 profound results when you can invest in literally anything else (art, craft, education) and be better off for it?

Delete your accounts. Seriously. The thought of rebuilding them gives you the ability to steer yourself away. I did it. But now I'm addicted to pol.

t. some boomer faggot

>Not becoming depressed by those options given your constant drive to either produce a diamond or die trying.
Up your game man.

Fuck off video games are more fun than real life.

How old are you, OP? I used to play a lot of video games when I was younger. When I got older, I find myself spending less and less time with video games. They don't interest me as much anymore. I guess I just outgrew it.

Stop buying them. Next get rid of your online service.
When you feel compelled to play them, only play old shit and make sure you stay offline.
Within a couple of months you won't even look at another video game.

This is true but the problem is they're not real life and the more time you spend away from the maintenance that is day-to-day the harder real life becomes.

Righteous bump

make a list of shit you could do that would give you real satisfaction
do those things
don't do x until you have done those things

Video game addiction and just playing video games are two different things. I used to play video games all day everyday, since I've gone to university that has stopped. That's not a problem. However, there are some who drop out because they never stopped playing video games. This is addiction.

1. Get a mac
> inb4 hipster Mac retards LOL
Macs don't have a great selection when it comes to vidya games. If OP has a genuine compulsive video game habit switching to Mac might not be a bad idea to break the cycle. Buying a product associated with hipsters and other degenerates doesn't make you one, just like how buying a pick up truck doesn't make you a farmer or red pilled. It's a fucking product, stop buying the consumerism Jew.

2. Get a lap top
Once your gaming computer goes kaput, get a lap top as your next option. Even if your work requires a computer a lap top can get the job done in all likelihood. Also, don't buy a mouse when you get one.

3. Find new hobbies.
I'm not saying take up the double bass or become a total gym rat (though exercise and artistic pursuits are a great idea), this could just be something simple like going out for walks, reading more, or cooking more elaborate meals just to try something new. Sometimes I go on the subway just to read, the public library is often full of bums, and in Toronto, ironically it's often more quiet (our metro is fucking deathly silent in terms of human noise). Plus there's people watching. In short, just do something. Anything.

4. Play more multiplayer games.
Still a vidya, but at least you're being social instead of sitting alone in your home. You have to plan ahead, you'll see your buds, and get some actual human contact. Shouting at 12 year olds through a headset doesn't count.

You're actually partially right about the reward system. Video game makers know about our inner reward system and do this to make a game "addictive". It's not so much malicious as just plain greedy though: they want you playing their games frequently and buying new ones.

I had the same problem and did some of these things. I eventually switched back to PC and now I just play vidya once every couple weeks or so for a few hours.

Easier said then done. Delete all accounts and rid your house of vidya. It's the only way.

Make redpilled games instead.

Be careful for when you graduate and have money with extra free time. It's a deadly combination. I got rid of my PlayStation and about 5 years later decided to check out the games in the AppStore. I dropped about $10k on Game of War because I've never played a game when I actually had money to spend. It felt good to be a cash player then I realized I was starting to go broke. Oops! So I deleted my account.

Video games are the same as any game, just in virtual form. Would it be better to play games that are real, like sports, or board games? Perhaps. Games in and of them selves are not bad. And actually games are important for healthy down time and relaxation. You can't always be full steam ahead 'go-go-go' pursuing your goals. You'll burn yourself out and your work will actually suffer even though it's all you do. You need to step away from your pursuits and have fun sometimes, to then re-engage in your pursuits later with a fresh mind.

I think you're taking the 'jew' meme a bit too seriously. It's sad to blame someone else for your problems, if you think you have a problem with something. It's almost as bad as the minorities who blame white people for their lack of success, although they are socially conditioned to feel that way.

get Rimworld, you will either be cured or die from self-neglect

Just do something productive on the side. Two hours of studying q language or drawing a day for example. At some point it becomes normal for you to do the other thing and you see how you actually progress there while stagnating in the video games. Then you realise how wasteful it is to spend all your time doing useless stuff and will do less of it. You don't have to quit completely though as it's a more productive hobby than getting drunk with friends still. Helps to calm down at least

One of the more difficult things about breaking a video game addiction is the fact that they are a good hobby for downtime. Once you have a PC or console set up and running with a few games, you have something to do on a given evening. Going out, doing things, meeting up with friends, finding hobbies in reality is expensive, time consuming, and less guaranteed to give you anything rewarding or entertaining for your time, effort, and money. The solution to video games is finding something positive to replace them, and getting on a proper sleep schedule. This is much easier said than done, and like most things there isn't some secret trick nobody knows. The best way to break an addiction is the hard way: cutting it out, replacing it with something healthy, and staying vigilant against falling back into old patterns. Sorry, it's not an easy thing to do.

>I dropped about $10k on Game of War
this is the most pathetic thing I've read on this board

the real problem is modern life sucks, I wanna run through the woods naked throwing spears at dear and killing enemy tribesmen

the same could be said about books yet reading is considered an honorable pursuit

You stop playing them, you emotional midget.

Become a tranny, it's the thoroughly established path out.

Then cure that with an aerosol based B type cyclon dose, or a more modern substitute for such.

I'm doing it so much less now that I have a partner to share my life with. The appeal is still there, but, I don't want to sit on video games when shes around, i don't wanna seem like a man child. I need to put away childish things.

The cheap pokeball that you get from burger king (?) a long time ago really sticks out here. Kind of miss mine now.

I struggle to play video games anymore. Even when I want to chill and play skyrim for a few hours I struggle to do more than 30 minutes before I just leave the game on pause and do something else

Stop blaming the Jews for your addiction. Take charge and blame yourself for being weak. Only then can you work on strengthening yourself against these evils.

you just find something else to do, like buying a survival game is fun. playing survival in real life is real fun. thats kinda what happen to me.

Play better games, like strats instead of pixel and number reward sims. You know, games where you can actually lose instead of getting tucked back to respawn.
There's nothing wrong with vidya itself, but if that's the only thing you do and do it for more than 2-3 hours a day, then buddy, you ain't being that productive or playing things that actually require more than just time and money to win.

they probably help you, help keep the mind going. but not getting you anywhere. you can make some money though.

>How do you break video game addiction.
By having a job.

Not even trolling, when I was working 60 hours a week I didn't have time for shit.

have something else to do like job/school that takes up your time and makes you tired. My school is taking away all my free time and also I just haven't been as interested in games since my 1Gb ethernet connection always connects me to hispanic servers(which SUCKS)

If you're gonna play something, playing games that resemble chess in some way, is beneficial to teach you forward thinking and planning.

Even simple games are beneficial for entertainment and socializing. But there in lies the fault, especially in the socializing part, that staring at the screen isn't real interaction.

Because self improvement for the sake of self improvement is pointless and retarded. I mean if you enjoy painting or whatever sure, do it instead of playing video games. I for one hate trying to do anything artistic and I find fiction to be tiresome to read, I don't mind non-fiction of various sorts, but the cost per time of enjoyment is so vastly below video games that its a complete waste of money.

That sounds terrible

So is this another nightly bot post for faggots with no hobbies other than browsing Sup Forums to feel better about themselves?