Genres you hate

Is there a genre you hate or avoid because you feel like youre wasting your time? For me its slice of life and romance shit.

Now, dont get me wrong, I watch fiction to 'feel' and shed tears, so technically both these genres should be first pick for me, right? However, after having watched a lot of shows (in general) I reached the conclusion that Japanese animation studios are too fucking incompetent to write satisfying romcom/romance endings. Every time I watch a romance anime, get invested in the characters and start to care, I am left with a shitty ending that feels rushed, doesnt properly conclude half the story-lines, doesnt provide proper closure for most of the cast and am left with nothing but disappointment. Is this genre trying to prepare people for real life relationships? Because thats usually how most of them play out.

Silver a best. A BEST.

>slice of life and romance
Stopped reading here. kys, normalfag.

Forgive me. What do the kids call these genres nowadays? Real life experience and Attraction Between Individuals?

Both romance and SoL can be good if they are at least equal parts comedy. If it just SoL or just romance it's absolute garbage.

Fuck off normalfag

>kys

Kill yourself facebook kid.

off the top of my head the best romance anime for me is tasogare otome x amnesia

manga and anime are both pretty good

I know there are others, but yeah japan does these really fucking bad

Trying too hard.

Those are the best genres.

Now, do you hate romance, or does romance hate you?

>Now, do you hate romance
I dont hate romance. I simply hate how most studios concludes romance anime to sell more shit to otaku like games etc. which is why I cant be bothered to waste my time on them anymore.

Shounen battle
Anything aimed at women

I avoid these genres;

-Harems because it's essential waifu wars: the anime
-Romance because of the fear of NTR and cuckoldry plots that is getting more common in anime
-Shonenshit because it's all the same powercreep bullshit
-Shoujoshit because most of them are drama on steroids
-Fujoshit and yurishit because it's gay
-Isekai because it's popular
-Slice of life because most of them are yurishit
-Comedy because nip can't into comedy
-Horror because why bother when live action nip horror is superior?
-Sports manga is shonenshit or fujoshit
-Magical girl because most of them are indeed yurishit

I avoid shonen shit and anything harem. I agree that Japan does romance terribly, specifically when they hurl a fistful of girls at the MC for no reason.

What do you watch then? Or is that the joke?

I don't watch anime anymore.

Yuri, Yaoi, and thats it.

He's telling the true about the new Manga and anime's premise genre.

Anything that resembles HItman Reborn is fucking shit. What the fuck was even the point of the show

It wanted to be Gintama so bad but failed miserably.

Romance
Yuri
Yaoi
SoL centering around normal high schools
Mecha that's all super military and japan stronk(it almost always ends up being the exact same shit)
Basically anything with really bad CG
Mahou, nothing against it but...you know.
Military sci-fi
Anything futa
Harems
Reverse Harems

Battle harem and pure shonen shit.

ecchi shows that are only ecchi

I want to say shonen but not all shonen are bad but the pure one like Fairy Tail are absolute fucking dogshit.

Stuff like Shokugeki no Soma are fine though.

>calls Fairy Tail shit while saying SnS is good

To be fair, SnS is objectively better than FT, but that's mostly because FT is bottom of the barrel garbage.

Yaoi/BL with no decent female characters. I hate that the most. Second after that is pure shoujo to an extreme degree.

this.

Yuri/yaoi and harem if the characters isn't particularly interesting.

>Is there a genre you hate or avoid
Anything yuri or with an all girl cast. Especially the latter one, you have to be beyond pathetic to wath those.

>not liking romance and SoL
Oh my, I pity your garbage taste.

Anything with high shoolers' so very important feelings for love.

I'll give any genre a chance, but my patience has been done by harem anime.
God fuck, i hate harem.
Shallow characters, cockteasing, my waifu>your waifu. And often, in the end, the chinks decide that the beta MC gets nobody because gooks can't into endings.

Isekai is a shit genre. Other than that I also mildly hate harem if I hate the characters

Then why are you here? Go back to Sup Forums.

Harems that are set in a School academy and usually are focused on Magic Battles or some sort of Fighting in the world of that anime.

Them shows are just full of cliches, cheap tacky fan service and never leave a good impression, Every single one I've watched is just a waste of time.

Yaoi.
Yaoi is the only genre I hate. I mean, there are a lot of other genere I dislike, bit usually there is an exception that make me change my mind. This doesn't happen with yaoi. I read a quite a bit of stories with BL but those that associated themself with yaoi(or shounen-ai) were total shit.

Harem anime. Especially harem anime where the MC is either a pussy or clueless guy and doesn't want literally any of the women fighting over him. The one few exception are Negima, and that's partly due to the fact that the MC was at least a little kid. A lot of boys don't really think or care about love too much.

Yuri/Yaoi. They're usually bland as shit.

Romance.

Hitman Reborn was not bad overall... What really hurt it is the lack of progress of the character.

Tsuna was no good till the VERY end. That was fucking bullshit. He should've got his balls up after the future arc, but nope, the writer just made him stay like a pussy to the end.

Hibari should've developed a better character rather than being a fucking walking meme with his "I bite you to death" bullshit. Imagine if we got to see him more developed and actually act more human. Imagine if we got to understand why he desires order so much... But no, same old Hibari'll just bite ya to death.

Ugh, just overall so much wasted potential. It's really so sad imo.

Haremshit
Modern cgdct
Modern shoujo romance
The "LN Adaptation" genre

I mean, every genre should possess the potential to produce something decent at the very least; but these seem inherently incapable of it.

Great blog now fuck off

That's not how you use spoiler tags, newfriend

Found the fudge packing homo

Anything without a plot
I'm often tricked by most animes seeming to have a plot, and then it being a bunch of episodes of fucking nothing relevant

>I watch fiction to 'feel' and shed tears
It's the same for me, but i dont watch sappy romance shit for that. I watch epic shows like Legend of the galactic heroes and Fist of the north star, and cry manly tears when my favorite characters die.

>animes
>muh plot
Lots of crossboarding in this thread.

I agree with all of those.

>I enjoy watching garbage, but the one in the wrong here is you
Fuck off faggot.

I got tired of yuri being thrown into damn near every anime in recent seasons. It was a catalyst that stopped me from watching the medium for half a year.

You said animes. There's literally no coming back for you, you embarrassing cunt. Fuck off back to your shit board

Mecha is garbage

>damn near every anime
You mean like 2 per season, retard?

>Isekai because it's popular
This is what I don't understand can't you people form your own opinions? Why would you avoid something because its popular whats up with this mentality in general?

The ad-hominem is real. Exaggeration for effect, relax man. Let's see this season we have

Kuzu no Honkai
Dragon Maid
Urara
Gabriel Dropout

It's not full blown yuri but there is lesbians or suspected lesbos (the sadist in DropOut) in those works.

>This word that we appropiated from japenese has very strict japanese usage rules, and by westernizing it to a made up plural you're commiting grave sin despite the meaning of what you're trying to say being more evident and it really being the standard for all foreign words
No, you fuck off.

>2017
>anime
>videogame
>any means of entertainment

Mecha.
When there are cyborgs/androids, it's fine by me.
When i see anything that resembles Gundam/Power Rangers, i immediately avoid almost any title.

>actually trying to justify it
kindly end it all

NTR and shoujo.
Slice of life is too broad and i really liked shows like Barakamon, NNB and Hanasaku Iroha.
Shoujo-oriented romance, especially 90's to early-2000's are very cringy imo.
NTR is pure cancer only cucks enjoy.

>Isekai is a shit genre
what isekai has mostly evolved into is for sure total shit but stranger in a strange land can allow for cool stories, it's not the genre but the modern interpretation of it that's at fault

>my top3 favorite romance manga is about pedo necrophilia, cross dressing and yuri
Romance is true nigger of genres, anyway.
Male dominated sport, every sport manga with guys is fujobait about pursuing dreams and hardship, this isn't fun at all, on the other hand sport manga with girls is always fun because girls actually have fun and just enjoy doing it.
Male dominated idol show are also shit but that just idol shows being meh in general and lack of cute girls to salvage it.
Game adaptation(VN adaptations include) is also huge red light unless it's something original.

>NTR
Doesn't this happen in predominantly hentai and rarely anime? Kuzu no Honkai counts as cuckold doesn't it? Especially in the male teacher's case

>Shoujo/90's-'00 anime
Damn here I was gonna get into more shoujo because I overlooked the genre (save cardcaptor sakura, which I've enjoyed) and I'm a sucker for 90s '00s art style.

Your autism is arbitrary as there's no actual ruling on it, I've been here for over a decade and if I want to say "I watched two animes" I'm going to fucking do it. Try to stop me faggot.

This board is Sup Forums-Anime and MANGA.

You are new to Sup Forums. It's time to go back now.

I don't necessarily hate it, but is very hard for me to finish a mecha. (I blame CG for that)

Wrong.

>I'm gonna act like uneducated faggot and there is nothing you can do to stop me
You should really consider suicide.

>Makes claims of lack of education
>Is ignorant himself about the language
Anime is defined both as having a countable and uncountable version by dictionaries, and I used it correctly.
Anything else is you being an autist.
I recommend you commit sudoku yourself.

SoLs with larger casts

Don't get me wrong. On an individual basis, some of the characters are great, and some pairs or trios of characters are great, but not great enough to carry the whole show with the uninteresting, cringeworthy, and obnoxious ones dragging it down and generally ruining the entire atmosphere. As the cast of a show increases in size, it becomes more and more likely that it will be complete garbage.

There's a goldilocks zone. SoL is best done with four main characters max, gets even better with three, becomes a difficult exercise in character study with two, and better be done by a master with one or it'll flop. Increase the number of cast members and it becomes exponentially worse - the sort of anime you can only begin to enjoy because you're looking at something prettier than the broken, pathetic life you lead.

I called you uneducated faggot because you have your head up in your ass.

That's not what uneducated means
How can you call others stupid when you're so retarded you don't actually understand the things you write?

this

I really hate harems most of the time or really anything thats essentially otakubait so they can sell figures and shit.

All that mai waifu shit-tier anime that is more about liking characters than an actual narrative. Which means I dislike most anime I guess.

Japan has pretty awful taste in everything if I'm being honest, all the best selling shows recently have been very lackluster or pandering hard to certain stupid groups. Like otakushit or fujoshits

Anything written by women (with few exceptions)

>NTR
>not the best

>Is there a genre you hate or avoid because you feel like youre wasting your time? For me its slice of life and romance shit.
Same.

is this bait ?