Olympics Ambassadors

Japan has shit taste

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNuqKVG781I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How so, stranger?

Where's Dio?

It's good if we take out the mahoes, yokaishit, naruto and luffy.

>Maho Precure
>probably the weakest Precure show in years
>a show that's already over
what the fuck were they thinking
Original Precure, current Precure (at the time of the Olympics) or bust.

Also that thing instead of Pikachu. No Mario. What the fuck? They even had Mario at the handover in Rio.

It's not the full roster, like hell they'd leave out Hello Kitty, Mario, and Doraemon after they were in the Rio promo.

>no Gundam

C'mon son

fucking mahofags ruin everything

Im ok with shin and astro, rest is caca

>Yo-kai watch got in instead of Pokemon

>implying Youkai Watch is recognisable outside of Japan

Will Yokai Watch even still be relevant at the time of the Olympics? I thought it was already dying down.

>No ichigo

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It is, and unlike pokemon it's not really a recognizable franchise outside of Japan.

>Mahou Tsukai Precure
>Youkai Watch
>Dragon Ball Z
>Sailor Moon
>Astroboi
Great taste, 10/10

>Maho Precure

They better update it to whatever one it will be at the time of the Olympics.

Man, I wonder what it feels to be Kubo right now.
That is savage.

There's more to Japan than just anime, you know.

Who?

Yeah, they also have vidya.

Is there though? Is there?

See Also the rest is not entertaining so I don't give a shit, sumimasen senpai

>no Yukio Mishima chibi as Ambassador
>no Yunko Furuta as pet
Yes, Japan and its lack of imagination!

I think they wanted to only pick characters that were from a family-friendly series

My father facepalmed and walked out of the room when I tried to watch Crayon Shin-chan with him as a kid though.
That marked me more than I'd like to admit.

>Osamu Dazai in charge of the opening speech.

Just a reminder.

>Naruto

Why? It ended years ago. If anything it should be that abortion Boruto.

Fighting game when?

So Toei and Nintendo get to bring mascots to the Olympics?

>family-friendly series

japanese people are really immature...

What is that shithead even blabbering about? The law simply states you can't sell ero to minors. Many countires have similar laws and have rating systems (either voluntary on the part of the publisher or there is an organisation that deals with it) in place for comics/films/games.

Spic detected.

It's alright he dies 6 million more times anyways

Welcome to the world of shit.

Gundam is America now

The writer of yuri on ice

>Precure
>Yokai Watch
Literally why? The rest are fine. If they couldn't get Pikachu they should atleast have had Satoshi/Ash.

>No kyoani

Why?

Or Totoro.

Reminds me of how people complained about literally who and Fire Emblem characters making into Smash 4 over Ridley and K.Rool.

Maybe Pikachu is now overrated.

Nintendo hate King K. Rool I guess they are just butthurt at Rare and the fack that every other DK antagonist nintendo made to replace K. Rool is shit.

It could have flown in on the western normie wave since its a well known character from a well known franchise. Especially after GO, even if it died down hard

IIRC, Mario, Pikachu, Doraemon and Captain Tsubasa are going to be "hosts" of the olympics, which is more important than being "ambassadors"

>using worst precure
What were they thinking?

>no Kinomoto Sakura
>no Lina Inverse

As a positive, there's no Asuka or Haruhi.

Another reminder, although is unlikely to happen, too.

>Naruto in the middle
So Naruto > Dragon Ball Z in Japan?

I REMEMBAAHHH

Nop, it's because jojo is shit
Sup Forums sperg over it because it's not mainstream

Toei owns Dragon Ball, One Piece and Sailor Moon so they could demand the Olympic committee to include Precure, despite nobody give a shit outside Japan and these characters are supposed to be worldwide famous

Hello 8gag.

I think you mean "WELCOME TO Sup Forums"

>no doraemon or anpan man

>no gundam
Dropped.

>no gundam
But that's a positive. It shows the Olympic Committee has some kind of standards. Picking Gundam would be like having the American Olympics picking Law and Order to be a representative of all American media.

Shut up your faggot.

Hello, troll.

Can't think of anything else worth getting into than yakisoba sauce.

>Yakisoba
I can think of many better Japanese foods.

that's why the youkai watch thingy is there

>yokai but no pokemon
What the FUCK

I am pretty sure the Maho Girls are just a placeholder.

Imagine 2020 PreCure will be olympics/sports themed magic and fights.

>The rest are fine
>Nurudu
>Wan Piss
>DB
>"fine"
Kill yourself.

those weren't chosen for taste, but for popularity and marketable

I would argue there's a lot of popular characters who didn't get picked. It seems more likely that they were picked based on the companies that own them.

>Cat from Youkai Watch instead of Pikachu
Fake and gay

Where's Conan?

If it were for popularity they would have chose Pikachu instead of the cat.
And most people haven't even heard about Precure outside of japan

It's never been relevant.

It's been a cheap knockoff of pokemon from start to finish.

Where the fuck is my doraemon

hope that means Maho gets a sequel in 2020.

inb4 'ITS SHIT' for all we know it can be good this time.

but yeah, if they were gonna add the cures in there, they should have went with Futari Wa, Nagisa is into sports after all.

Where's Kinnikuman?
>ywn see an irl Choujin wrassling match

>5 Toei properties
How much did they pay to shill more Yokai Watch?

Every dish with 焼 in it is best.

So are there any other characters popular enough to be an ambassador?

Aside from whatever Precures are going to be in 2020, Ranma? Kirito? Araragi-san?

Man, Japan has such a rich and interesting culture with a lot of history, and this is the shit they decide to go with for the Olympics? What the fuck?

Popularity first.

This is as much an example of shit taste as sheer apathy. It's clear whoever came up with these ambassadors don't care. At all.

There are Japanese anime characters who are:
1. Actually supposed to be athletes in their series
2. More popular (Slam Dunk got a whole generation of boys in Japan, Korea, China, and Hong Kong into playing basketball. Captain Tsubasa is the inspiration for actual professional football players. Ashita no Joe - enough said)
3. And actually fucking aligned with the Olympic spirit

I honestly want the author of Ippo to have a whole arc where someone (probably Miyata) goes to the Tokyo Olympics. Then gets destroyed because of the stupid Olympic scoring system. And points out how rigged and stupid Olympic boxing is.

It completely baffles me how they can be failures on so many levels.

We're talking about professional people who get paid to come up with the idea, who actually had to negotiate with the owners for use of intellectual properties, and professionals working on the Japanese Olympic who green-lighted these. Let's do a roll-call

>>A mascot in a poor man's pokemon story
>>A 5-yr old trouble-maker in a satirical series about 90's Japanese nuclear family
>>A robot
>>An alien
>>Three teenage girls given super powers by magic
>>A teenage boy given super powers by eating a fruit
>>A teenage boy given super power by being a Japanese ninja

Seriously. Would you seriously look at any of these characters and actually get reminded of "Sportsmanship"?

There's always the possibility that there are far more characters that will be used during the actual Olympics. If they don't have a little mascot of Yawara during Judo or the like, it will be a major oversight. Not just because of the Olympic committee but because the owners of those characters would get worldwide marketing. Imagine a 30 year old manga suddenly selling millions of copies just because it was shown at the Olympics.

Just put Doraemon and Shin Chan together and that'll be perfect.

>No Doraemon
what were they thinking

Literally who?

The actual promo vid for it is MUCH better:
youtube.com/watch?v=FNuqKVG781I

Aren't they trying to appeal to the international audience? Why would they choose the YW cat over Pikachu? That shit bombed everywhere that isn't Japan.

>Merio

>Abe

You sperglords realize this is a marketing ploy, right? No fucking shit they're going to use their most popular characters to promote their events.

Japan is a surprisingly corrupt place. Notice how all of those characters are owned by only one of two companies.

The point people are making is they aren't using their most popular characters. The Precure girls and the Yokai Watch cat are fucking who's compared to hundreds of other characters. Many of which have been named in this thread.

But you're right it is for marketing purposes.

Outside of Luffy and Naruto, it looks fine.

Other than Yokai Watch being there instead of pokemon, looks like a reasonable group. If you expected some late night anime to be there you're a retard.

Naruto, DBZ and OP are really the only ones that deserve to be there.

No one cares about any of the others.

Osaka for Gymnastics rep please.