You can't defend this. i didn't realize 25% of people shot by cops are unarmed. that is entirely too high...

you can't defend this. i didn't realize 25% of people shot by cops are unarmed. that is entirely too high. i thought it was more like 3%. 25% is NOT okay.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n1pJe_Tcdeg
youtube.com/watch?v=JIylaMGSG-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=itPY54C_guM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As along as they are killing niggers who cares?

fuck off anti-law shills and subverters.

Tell the niggers to wear belts, then they won't get shot looking like they're reaching for a gun.

They aren't though.
youtube.com/watch?v=n1pJe_Tcdeg

WTF is so hard for you IDIOTS to understand? If the officer asks you to recite the first act of The Merchant of Venice just do it. Follow his orders and you will not get shot 16 times in the chest.

Assuming you're not baiting I have a serious question:

If you were a cop, and you felt like every time you got called out there was about an 80% chance of you being mortally wounded would you still take risks trying to talk someone down who very well could kill you before you could kill them?

I'm not saying police injustice doesn't exist because it does, but not like reactionary plebs who see one youtube video and think cops are white confederates slaying 100000 innocent dindus an hour. I'm actually surprised that it's as good as 20% as the media would lead you to believe that all cops do is murder innocents.

unarmed whites are shot 20% of the time.

You have unarmed people in cars attempting to run down cops. And, of course, those who decide to use their fists and feet to attack.

Anyway, of the 1100 killed by police in 2016 it's about 5% who were unarmed. That's 55.

The real number to find is how many were completely complying with police and were still shot. There's your injustice.

im not an idiot. i thought the media tried really hard to find rare cases to justify the police narrative, hence my 3% first thoughts. 25% is just too high.

if you enlarge the picture, it shows gun, knife, replica, other. i can understand shooting someone with a replica or other, whatever the fuck other is. completely unarmed means the cop is shit at his job.

The risk is their choice. It is not a fear that is to be taken out on the public.

You should only shoot when you are 100% they have a weapon, if that means waiting 2 extra seconds and risk a bullet coming your way, that is literally their job.

It's dangerous and it's shitty but one side can opt out of the deadly situation if need be.

You can't justify a dead unarmed man because there was potential, that is a coward's slippery slope.

Cops need to be held to the same, even higher standard than a citizen in that situation. If a civilian shot that kid in the corridor they would be going to prison.

>Unknown = unarmed
>People can't be a threat without a weapon
sage

You need to know the demographics of those 24 departments to do a proper analysis. Then you'd have to look at how many unarmed were resisting arrest and doing other shit that was endangering people.

>im not an idiot
>completely unarmed means the cop is shit at his job.

You're an idiot.

"Unarmed" is only determined AFTER the shooting. Most of these people were either reaching somewhere fast or attacking the cop grabbing their gun

First of all, that chart shows more like 20%, not 25%. This is comparable to the proportion of murders committed with no weapon.

Unarmed people are often shot for trying to grab a cop's weapon during arrest. Even with no weapon in dispute, an unarmed person is entirely capable of lethal violence. A person who is knocked unconscious into an uncontrolled fall, thrown down forcefully, or shaken against a wall or the ground can suffer a skull fracture or broken neck. Strangulation is a straightforward and well-known method of killing without a weapon. People who are kicked when they're down often die from internal bleeding.

Police officers aren't always larger, stronger, and more skilled in hand-to-hand combat than the people they're trying to arrest. Even against an unarmed opponent, they may need to use their best weapon to have a reasonable chance of winning. When it comes down to it, it's better for society for police to shoot unarmed assailants than to lose a fight to them, otherwise especially large men would be able to commit crimes with impunity.

>25% is NOT okay.

can your stupid fucking generation discuss anything without sounding like a goddamn 6th grader?

Yes remember to obey the black police officer. Just give him your wife and you will not be shot 16 times in the chest.

You didn't find the all caps "NOT" persuasive either, eh?

>Police officers aren't always larger, stronger, and more skilled in hand-to-hand combat than the people they're trying to arrest. Even against an unarmed opponent,
Correct.
youtube.com/watch?v=JIylaMGSG-Q

youtube.com/watch?v=itPY54C_guM

>If you were a cop, and you felt like every time you got called out there was about an 80% chance of you being mortally wounded

You are less likely to be fatally injured as a cop than most manual labor professions. Being a construction worker, landscaper, electrical worker, pilot, fisherman, and logger are more dangerous. 99% of their calls are boring. It's the 1% where they have the most dangerous job in the world for a short moment in time.

>would you still take risks trying to talk someone down who very well could kill you before you could kill them?

Idiot. Talking someone down is deescalation. It's the safest course of action and that's why every well trained officer who wants to go home to his wife does it. They want the guy to calm down and surrender every time. If you threaten the guy you're going straight to the 3rd act gun fight.

>I'm not saying police injustice doesn't exist because it does, but not like reactionary plebs who see one youtube video and think cops are white confederates slaying 100000 innocent dindus an hour. I'm actually surprised that it's as good as 20% as the media would lead you to believe that all cops do is murder innocents.

People should understand how rare bad cops are, that's right. But what isn't rare is bad cops don't get fired or punished unless the circumstances are exorbitant with video evidence.

Suicide by cop is becoming a more regular occurrence