LWA

Is this part true? why the fuck would trigger go so far for some shitty pawn stars easter egg meme. I guarantee that there probably isn't a single Japanese viewer who would recognize this whole connection, let alone realize the seiyuus are the same. Trigger just wants to suck the west's dick so dry its ridiculous. This is basically the equivalent to kyoani's budget draining over-animation. Hope you triggerfags enjoy 3 more le jap southpark inferno cop seasons due to waste of money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p33ZfEpxfRY
office-pac.jp/talent/profile/?id=matsushima-a
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is this some american idol?

So why are you complaining? What's the deal?

You just don't understand the love for Pawn Stars. You don't have to care.

People will always find a way to complain about shit. You could literally give everyone posting on Sup Forums $1000 and they would bitch about it.

Obligatory: youtube.com/watch?v=p33ZfEpxfRY

So dub Chumlee or sub?

>anime chumlee

man, what episode ?

If they wanted to suck the West dick dry they would have given us a simulcasted airing.

Producer-san fucking came on here last week and told us it was chumlee. She loves him.

what a no fun fag you are

Why is the part you highlighted the part that tipped you over the edge into bitching about Trigger appealing to the west?

Literally only the Japanese would appreciate them using the same dubbing actor.

You're retarded.

He's voiced by Chumlee's Jap Dub seiyuu

I'm confused to why it's Chum lee in particular.

Like, why not Rick? Why not Big Hoss? Why not the old man?

Is Pawn Stars even well known in Japan?

The blatant pandering to western audiences when they didn't even bother to simulcast on legal platforms here, is dumb. By the time this will be on Netflix, the only people watching will be little girls which these references will fly over. Who are they trying to appease? this whole situation makes 0 sense.

see
they love chumlee.

you TRIGGERed?

Chum Lee is like the mascot character

What won't the Nips dub?

He sexually assaulted a minor, so they're giving him a nod in their lolicon-pandering show.

I know it may be shocking, but artists like to be self-gratifying too. They are very obviously a fan of the show and not all references are used as pandering and to attract fans of other series.

Can't you read? He asked the reason WHY

>creators put fun cameos and references to people and things they like into their own stuff for their amusement because they think it's fun
>anons get their pantsus in a twist

Who gives a shit? They're having fun, it's adorable, I'd do the same if I was making a popular thing.

because they fucking love him, retard.

This.

If you can't stand meta references and cameos why the fuck are you watching Trigger?

>I guarantee that there probably isn't a single Japanese viewer who would recognize this whole connection
You'd be wrong. Pawn Stars is big in nipland

Lol

Its unnecessary and wasteful detail. Seiyuus who voice Western media are more well known among common japanese people. They get paid much more than anime voice actors and are not discriminated to due to age like in the anime industry due the contents of their work which involve for the most part simply always dubbing their associated western actor's work. Practices like this show why Trigger has to beg for money on the internet.

>over-animation
OP is a retard as usual I see.

This. People should have ignored this thread as soon as they saw that.

>find a way

So like Kyoani/Keit-ai spammers?

You're retarded. Did you really think the guy dubbing goddamn Chumlee from fucking pawnstars is an A-list actor?
He's a bit part seiyuu who has done anime work before.

>over-animation
Opinion automatically invalid.

Sup Forums just likes it because western-pandering, makes them feel less insecure about being 30+ year old men into anime

over-animation is mostly referred to now a days as the uneven animation that occurs when when a show will have a random burst of fluid and above-average animation to make up for 20 minutes of stills and talking heads. Used mostly for cost-cutting. Kyoani and Shaft with the monogatari series are notorious for pulling that shit. Are you saying it doesn't exist?

>complains that 15 seconds of Chumlee is Western pandering
>doesn't mention that they dedicated an entire episode to Twilight
Not that there's anything wrong either of those. You're just retarded.

>when they didn't even bother to simulcast on legal platforms
You have no idea how anime works, don't you?

Why invent a new word for limited animation, the predominant style for the last 50 years of anime?

>is mostly referred to
Except its not. Most retards like OP just use it to bait people

>KyoAni
>Talking heads
Come on now. I'll give you Shaft, but KyoAni always has consistently good animation.

Twilight is globally known. Who gives a fuck about Pawn Stars besides fat american couch slugs and epic "durr im rick harrison and this is my pawn shop" memers.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

But WHY?

Clearly those at Trigger give a fuck so you're wrong right out the gate.

Your point?

How does this image work? wtf

It happens sometimes when two images get posted at the exact same time on different threads. If you're super bored, you could look around for the image that it got switched with.

Because you touch yourself at night.

Netflix paid money for this show to get made. They're getting the show long after anyone who would care about it would feel the need to get Netflix to watch it. The point is, what did they think they were getting out of this deal?

>Who gives a fuck about Pawn Stars

the people who know pawn stars? for the rest it was just a goofy looking shop owner, so what?

also,wasted dubs

>go so far
>tell an animator to draw one unimportant side character to kind of look like some guy
Yeah, really hemorrhaging oceans of budget just to satisfy these outlandish decisions of theirs, aren't they? Dumbass.

>due the contents of their work which involve for the most part simply always dubbing their associated western actor's work
The fat dude from the reality show Pawn Stars is not a "western actor" though and will never act in a notable big production and will probably never be on screen outside Pawn Stars.

It's not like they got the voice actor for Tom Hanks or Chris Evans or whoever

AVGN was cameo'd in an anime once.

Why?

>there's a scene with a pawn shop
>omg why are they trying to be kind of funny by basing the person running it off of a popular pawn shop guy on western tv? wtf i hate trigger now this i the first time theyv ever done somethig like this!

Another none issue some fag turned into a shit thread that kicked something else off the board.

office-pac.jp/talent/profile/?id=matsushima-a

While he isn't A-list, he not some part-time rando. He has a fairly substantial dubbing CV, look for yourself retard.

Who?

Daily reminder that LWA is tanking in Japan thanks to Trigger pandering to filthy gaijins.

where was the money wasted according to you?

>I guarantee that there probably isn't a single Japanese viewer who would recognize this whole connection, let alone realize the seiyuus are the same.
I thought that Pawn Stars was popular in Japan. Honestly I hadn't heard about it until Sup Forums was bullshiting about it.

Well yeah, all that money could have gone to me instead.

It's bullshit, nips noticed it straight away and pointed out that the VA was the same one straight away. Could quite easily go find the post on 2ch.

Source: My ass

I didn't even know who the fuck is this fatso until now, cause I'm not a burger. But I also wonder why do they need to put some random guy from reality show into the anime about witches? Are they his fans? Anyway it seems a stupid thing to do. It's like they are giving their friend a cameo for their own fun, but for normal watchers it's pointless. I thought during that episode that he looks very foreign and odd for the show's setting. And now I see why.

>you'll never be this mad

I pretty much never see any Japanese complaints about being too western. People sometimes say things along the lines of this show was clearly made with a western audience in mind, but nobody says "I hate this show because it panders to westerners" mostly I see praise for it and some people saying it is too clearly aimed at children for the time slot.

I think he is fairly well known in a lot of the world. It has aired in tons of countries and found quite a bit of popularity in many.

>It's like they are giving their friend a cameo for their own fun, but for normal watchers it's pointless.
If you don't recognise him then it doesn't affect you. If you do recognise him, then it's a mildly funny little joke. What's the problem?

It's disgusting. And what the crossposters defending this don't realize is that the show would be better if it were more Japanese. Everyone loses, especially the Industry.

But it did affect me. I thought he seemed foreign and badly fitting into the setting even during the episode.

Well I'm from Norway and it isn't known at all.

Explain how the industry loses.

So Chumlee will dub for himself? Right?!

>And what the crossposters defending this don't realize is that the show would be better if it were more Japanese. Everyone loses, especially the Industry
What did he mean by this?

But you are also a weeb who probably isn't half as engaged with mainstream media as the majority of people.

>the show would be better if it were more Japanese
It's not set in Japan.

>I thought he seemed foreign
It's set in England, not Japan. A character based on an American celebrity isn't that foreign.
>and badly fitting into the setting
He's just a shopkeeper, he doesn't need to be a mystical old man wearing robes.

If you haven't noticed, the witch outfits they wear at the school is a uniform. There's no reason a witch or otherwise magical person needs to look like they come from the middle ages. Sucy didn't in the first episode in her casual outfit.

>It's set in England, not Japan. A character based on an American celebrity isn't that foreign
Yeah, and he looks more like a fat American basement dweller, than some English shop-keeper.

It's clearly set in modern day anyway. There was a iPod/iPhone looking device Akko had in the first episode, there was an Airplane and Nuclear Submarine in later episodes.

Yeah I guess Lotte and Sucy and Akko all look out of place too being from different countries than England right? Or are you saying they all look like English little girls?

And how are the typical english shop-keeper oh user you who know everything about England and his shop-keepers

But this anime is made for weebs and not for the 'majority'.

Typical English shop keeper needs a turban and brown skin.

They are look like English girls, why not? And he looks like a fat American he is.

How can you NOT love him? Do you really need a reason?

>But this anime is made for weebs
not according to the complaints being made in this thread

it's made for the broadest possible audience.

>they dub pawn stars

You are look like ESL poster.

Definitely more fit. Also he is a shopkeeper of a magical shop and there is nothing magical in him. Why some normie would be a seller in a magical shop? He doesn't look like a wizard at all. Also why are you defending the fact that Trigger just put some unnecessary random fat guy into the anime?

What's the big deal? They put some effort into that, but maybe they just enjoy the pawn shop tv show or whatever it is.

>He's just a shopkeeper
Of a magical shop, not normal. So he needs to be some king of wizard at least.

But 67% of British adult men are obese. If the shopkeeper wasn't fat then it would be more surprising.

Or really? What's the proof? Are they broadcasting it on Netflix already?

>He doesn't look like a wizard at all.
And Shiny Chariot doesn't look like a witch

He looks like he's into heavy metal. People who are into heavy metal often look like they're into the occult. Where is the problem?

Actually I'm surprised there are so many people here who are apparently involved into mainstream media that they are defending this shitty cameo.

Look at all these faggots who weren't a part of Trigger's Q&A

Not him but Trigger have literally said that and things to that effect multiple times. I don't see it as an issue.

As someone from a country with santeria shops, the shop keepers don't really have to look like wizards, I didn't know who the guy was but when I saw a fat long haired tattooed guy with a bored attitude I thought, of course he runs a witchcraft shop.