Catholicism

So I guess I should preface this thread by saying I'm an atheist (as I imagine a fair amount of you are) but I want to know more about Catholic imagery/ideology/iconography/etc. So like, comment catholic imagery & talk about God or whatever ITT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oPBooPu28QY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Production_Code
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mormon.org

monotheistic religions are for kikes and tards who can't think complex and true spirituality.

lol fuck off degenerate

If you’re really looking for God, please go read Aquinas. I’ve struggles with my faith- mostly over the wispy, nonsensical aspects a lot of people like to show- but found his writings and realized the truth of it.

If you start with the understanding, or can even move towards the understanding that creation exists for a purpose, you’re moving towards God. Please read his stuff, and Augustine and the classic Greeks as well, it’s a good path forward

Hell, just reading a Christmas carol and thinking it makes a good point is a great start. One of the most important realizations we have is that we
exist inside time.

You have to provide something to start discussion

Catholics have been opposing Jews since the death of christ. The concept of the "Crypto-Jew" came from the aftermath of the Converso Crisis where many Catholic Converts who were Jews only converted out of convenience otherwise they would have been expelled, this is evident in the battle of la Higueruela where the Jews sided with the Muslims until both armies were defeated, the results were a Spanish/Castille victory and the Spanish Inquisition on the Jews who were eventually expelled in 1492.
Also Catholics heavily opposed the Fed Reserve under Father Charles Coughlin

>youtube.com/watch?v=oPBooPu28QY
youtube.com/watch?v=oPBooPu28QY

Catholics in the US have always maintained this "Non-Interventionist, Nativist" mindset for the US until they were baited by Reagan's anti-Abortion platform and were sold into Neo-Conservatism.

Catholics also did the Hays Code in the US, which include the following prohibitions on things in movies:

>Pointed profanity – by either title or lip – this includes the words "God", "Lord", "Jesus", "Christ" (unless they be used reverently in connection with proper religious ceremonies), "hell", "damn", "Gawd", and every other profane and vulgar expression however it may be spelled;
>Any licentious or suggestive nudity – in fact or in silhouette; and any lecherous or licentious notice thereof by other characters in the picture;
>The illegal traffic in drugs;
>Any inference of sex perversion;
>White slavery;
>Miscegenation (sex relationships between the white and black races);
>Sex hygiene and venereal diseases;
>Scenes of actual childbirth – in fact or in silhouette;
>Children's sex organs;
>Ridicule of the clergy;
>Willful offense to any nation, race or creed;

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Production_Code

heretics who pray for mary for some reason

1) A heretic is someone who disagrees with the Catholic position on an issue

2) Catholics don't pray to Mary, Catholics ask Mary to pray for them and for others. You as an Argentine should know this

heretics are the people who disagree with the teaching of Jesus Christ, as catholics do, some of us are real Christians

Heretics are people who disagree with the teaching of the Church established by Jesus Christ. Things like Evangelical Protestantism are full of errors and logical inconsistency, since they don't have the 2000-year tradition that forces them to make sure their teachings are consistent.

It's really sad that the American Evangelicals prey on the stupidity of you favella negroes to drag you into error

You should read Chesterton. Probably every traditionalist should read him. I used to be an atheist, but after reading him, Wittgenstein, Aquinas, etc, I am some kind of deist who is becoming catholic.

If you read Chesterton, maybe What is wrong in the world is a good book to start. It's not about religion, but about traditionalism. After it, you could read Orthodoxy wich is about catholicism, materialism, determinism, etc

>muh church is better than Jesus
>not heretics
pick one

>And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it.
>Ahora te digo que tú eres Pedro y sobre esta roca edificaré mi iglesia, y el poder de la muerte no la conquistará

>and now Peter you are Christ, people must do everything you say

only could a frenchman get told to fuck off for being a degenerate by an atheist communist.

wish I did not have class in 15 minutes OP but honestly just read the bible if you want to really know about the truth of Christianity. I'm an asshole for saying this maybe but I think most Christians these days (myself included sometimes) practice traditions and customs without any spiritual connections.

Most "Christians" I know rarely pray and those that do forget about meditation which is half the conversation with the omnipotent.

Before you shrug me off for saying to read the bible, I have taken many English classes at uni that have looked at the book solely as a literary work so I'm not trying to convert you but if you want to know more, go to the source right?

After what I quoted above comes this:

>I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
>Te daré las llaves del reino de los cielos; todo lo que ates en la tierra quedará atado en el cielo, y todo lo que desates en la tierra quedará desatado en el cielo.

So Christ has granted his church the right to develop his teachings to their logical conclusions, so long as they are consistent with his teaching.

>as I imagine a fair amount of you are

Do you know where you are?

honestly just find a bunch of christian threads boosted my faith a ton

On a board infested with anime-loving "Trump dindu nuffin" teenagers who turned to the "alt right" to piss off their parents in an act of faux rebellion?

You're uninsprired baitu desu aside, it's good to remind the nu-pol fags every now and then:

Sup Forums is now and always has been a Christian board, no matter what anyone else says about our "history".

Read summa Theologica by St Thomas Aquinas.

If you want a traditional understanding of the Catholic Church

catholics are heretic polythiests