Be 18

>be 18
>in a fantasy world or whatever the fuck it is
>abide to retarded laws of your retarded country
Seriously?
An edgy kid like him would benefit a lot from a little alcohol.

Youth Protection Laws

He's not 18 you retard.

He's at least 17 if not 18 yet. What difference does it even make? As if drinking a little alcohol over 14 were a bad thing.
You're the retard, m8.

No clearly you are my Trumponia fan.

What has trump got to do with anything?
He's 17 and he should stop being such a pussy and have a drink, especially considering he could use it. Or he could at least learn to not abide by stupid laws.

It just shows how cowardly and omega he is.

I feel like that was anime only. There's an entire side story where he gets everyone smashed.

it shows how cowardly anime studios are. The only recent show that I remember showing minors getting smashed was ano natsu

His jap and super lightweight he'd probably end up fucking Felix.

Why the fuck didn't he go after Crusche pussy. Like god damn. Did he not see her in that dress, hear her speech or anything. See that resolve in her eyes.

Like help Emilia out, but go for that Crushce pussy.

I thought the same thing of my brother, now he's an alcoholic.

There's a side story where he tried alcohol with the others when he was in the mansion.

Subaru doesn't like the taste and doesn't get drunk. Rem get's drunk just by smelling the alcohol. Ram is heavy drinker. Emilia is pretty normal.

Ao no Exorcist just did it in like episode 3

You think that isn't obvious?
I actually give him props for not letting himself lose all control in his newfound state of not requiring modern laws and for adhering himself to the reasons why such laws existed in the first place.

>Emilia is pretty normal.
Emilia is a lush. She apparently loves alcohol and got super drunk and touchy-feely.

I thought they legally weren't allowed to show alcohol consumption by minors, even fictional minors, on TV in Japan. If that's not true then they should do it more because it gets me excited.

I'm not sure what the exact requirements are, but in general they're not supposed to. It might depend on the time slot or other factors because obviously some shows get away with it.

I swear Japan an most non-European countries in general are such pussies when it comes to alchohol

I'm pretty sure a 14 year old from Southern/Eastern Europe could drink a Japanese salaryman under the table.

>taste
>all alcohol is the same meme
The author is a hack. If there ever was a doubt, that is.
Same reason why he doesn't go for any other pussy.
>help Emilia out
Is that what you call it nowadays?
>by the way I also suck cocks
There's nothing wrong with a minor drinking alcohol. I did it regularly since I was in high school and see where that lead me.
Seriously, though, he's fucking 18, there's no reason whatsoever for him not to drink other than him not wanting to.
Obviously, we've got the most young heavy drinkers, with lots of people going into come for having drunk to much.

>Implying he'd have any chance to get Crusch

She is simply too good for him.

>The author is a hack. If there ever was a doubt, that is.
There're people who just don't like alcohol, believe it or not.

Now I want to go challenge some Japanese salarymen to a drinking content.

i knew an asian girl and she was indeed a lightweight who would get extremely red and stupid and annoying whenever she touched alcohol

Wrong. There are only people who don't like alcohol yet.
Asians, especially nips, can't stand to much alcohol because they lack an enzym. Salarymen can't drink for shit.

Don't underestimate 3rd world shitholes where people drink 60% alcohol most of the day.

>tfw the gaijin invites you out drinking

>Wrong. There are only people who don't like alcohol yet.
So what's your problem with Subaru not liking alcohol yet?

>all alcohol is the same meme
Alcohol is the same dingus, its a distinct chemical compound. If you don't like the taste of it you aren't going to like the taste of almost any alcoholic beverage period. Its like if you hate tomatoes, you're probably not going to like dishes with tomatoes in them no matter how they're prepared.

>other than him not wanting to.
And he doesn't want to. He tried it, he doesn't care, he doesn't drink.

>Salarymen can't drink for shit.
That's what I was told, so being the good american I am, when I met some dudes from Japan I got a bunch of Bookers and challenged them to a drinking contest.

I won, but it was fucking close and the next morning was not fun. Definitely not at a "can't drink for shit" level, just not at stronk midwestern stomach level.

Subaru-kun is pure.

>If you don't like the taste of it you aren't going to like the taste of almost any alcoholic beverage period. Its like if you hate tomatoes, you're probably not going to like dishes with tomatoes in them no matter how they're prepared.

First of all, that's fucking stupid, second of all, there are plenty of people I personally know who won't touch tomatoes but put ketchup on fucking everything.

I fucking DEFY you to imply that a Hemingway Daiquiri, Gin and Tonic, Rum and Coke, Martini, Sidecar, White Russian, etc. all taste the same, or even remotely close to each other.

>And he doesn't want to
That's not what he said.

With alcohol people mean alcoholic beverages. No, they're not the same.
To enjoy alcohol you have to force yourself drinking it.

>there are plenty of people I personally know who won't touch tomatoes but put ketchup on fucking everything.
Put them out of their misery, for fuck's sake.

The alcohol in them does asshat. I've tried basically every spirit I've ever heard of, hundreds of mixed drinks, various beers. You can try covering up the the taste of alcohol with whatever shit you want, but at the end of the day that's what you're left with and I don't like it.

>That's not what he said.
As people explained in this thread, that's some anime original mandated shit. Subaru has had alcohol before, he doesn't drink because he doesn't want to.

>I fucking DEFY you to imply that a Hemingway Daiquiri, Gin and Tonic, Rum and Coke, Martini, Sidecar, White Russian, etc. all taste the same, or even remotely close to each other.

They all taste and smell after alcohol you smartass.

this is why kazuma is a more realistic MC and konosuba a better show

>Kazuma keeps Megumin from drinking
>Subaru throws a party just to get his girls drunk
Sure buddy

>Rem get's drunk just by smelling the alcohol
hate this meme

Its pretty weird. Its more fun to think Ram trolls her with their twin connection, since she can drink like a fish.

Not him, but I don't really feel alcohol in some kinds of pricey craft beer with strong taste and in a good cider with a lot of spices. The taste of alcohol can't get through other tastes. Though it may be different if somebody has better taste buds than I.

>[Roswaal: Using a banquet as an excuse to see Emilia-sama and Rem get messed up…….Subaru-kun is planning something that’s pretty typical for a bo~y.]

Well I'm watching the fucking anime, am I not allowed to talk about it?

Drink real aged alcoholics, retard. They're all different.

You can, but you're giving a character a lot of shit for something they don't actually do. By the time that scene pops up, he's already had the alcohol party which happened between arcs 2 and 3.

I don't like alcohol taste either; try Midori or a very fruity cider, they don't taste of alcohol at all.

Not really. They all taste awful. They can have slight nuance to how they're awful, but at the end of the day they don't taste particularly different from each other. You know, because they're all the same thing with random shit mixed in to try and make you drink something that tastes terrible.

It's fucking Japan.

I do drink ciders, they're more tolerable. Some mixed drinks are also able to pretty well cover it, but its a lot of effort and expense for not a lot of benefit.

you'll get sued by abe, dipshit.

This. I like some ciders and mikes hard lemonade but that's about it.
>inb4 pleb shit taste

>Drinking Alcohol
Do you want to die earlier or something?

I'm from one and we laugh at euros and gringos, mate.

Unless they are russians or something

That sounds really cute. I like whenever characters go drinking together, it's a sense of comradery that's almost universal across all cultures. I kinda get why the author won't let Subaru drink though. I'd like to see a second side story of the same stuff except maybe with him, Reinhardt, Otto and some others. No reason you can't have comfy moments between all the suffering. Also the idea of drunk Emilia is cute as fuck to me

Didn't Luffy drink sake plenty even before the timeskip? If a fucking shounen MC can do it why can't Subaru? Come to think of it, One Piece is an entire show about minors committing crimes. How's that figure?

It's "juice".

>tfw Finn
Il drink anyone under the table

Just pay my drinks though

>You can, but you're giving a character a lot of shit for something they don't actually do. By the time that scene pops up, he's already had the alcohol party which happened between arcs 2 and 3.
Nice logic there.
No, they're not. They're amazing.
We are the ones laughinh, m8. What's the point in getting drunk and then not being able to maintain a functioning society? If you can't do both you're worthless.

Loser pays, if you're as confident as you say that shouldn't be a problem.

You're over a thousand miles away, but still, fucking 1v1 me.

If you drink weaker alcohol and you don't drink too much or too often then it won't reduce your life.

No, only in filler episodes did they do the whole "it's juice" thing. In the manga and the anime Luffy has gotten drunk before. One of the most important scenes starts with him and another guy arguing about the taste of alcohol.

>There are people in this thread who dont exclusively drink clear alcohols

Shame desu,anything else is trash

commie pls

>do I want to live a long healthy miserable life
No

What are the best shows to watch while drinking?

What are some shows you can only stomach while nearly out of your right mind?

What are some shows you should never drink during?

For me stuff like comfy SoL, drama, and slow moving, relaxed atmosphere kind of stuff is nice to watch with a beer or two. Shonen and hype-machine anime are better with a couple of shots in you but just enough to keep you excited and smiling rather than lost. Some of the bottom of the barrel shows I can only stand while drunk, but honestly I think watching some of those kinds of shows while being absolute ruined had actually improved my experience had I been sober.

I'm coming up empty on my last question but that's cause I have a drinking problem.

shit nigger with what toyota is going through the main reason for him to not pick up drinking is that he will never fucking stop if he does

>What are some shows you can only stomach while nearly out of your right mind?
Re Zero.

>clear alcohols
It's for getting drunk. Thankfully my life ain't shit enough yet. I prefer to become slowly inebriated by drinking something that doesn't taste like shit while enjoying conversation with friends.

Why arent you drinking with your friends user?

>In the manga

I know there are far less restrictions about what can be published in a manga tank than what is allowed on TV.

What the fuck no

Whisky is the only booze worth tasting

>not being a teetotaler

normalfags please exit the board.

Yes?

Why would you be drinking if your goal is not to get drunk?

Read my post, to get slightly inebriated. Getting drunk is never fun.

Does high school let out this early?

>tfw if I don't consume alcohol at night I get the shivers and can't sleep, so I'm perpetually keeping vodka in my fridge
I'd rather go back to smoking. Alcoholism isn't fun.

>Getting drunk is never fun.

About 99% of humans born in the last 8000 years would disagree with you

Gin, Sangini, and Vodka are all you need to be happy.

I don't understand why Subaru has become such a whiny, childish and edgy faggot all of a sudden, he was cool in the beginning.

It's not explained at all, it's like he's always on cocaine or some shit.

Nah, people like the part before actually getting drunk. Maybe problem is we use the word differently. I mean losing consciousness, vomiting, hangover, doing stupid shit you don't remember next day.

Why would they build a settlement so close to a forest full of Mabeasts. That was a retarded move by the planner or did they come into the area much later?

What example will that animes make to the youth watching it? Break the laws, its fine?
Do you even think of the implications in society?

Because teenagers smoking and drinking have never been shown in movies etc.

Roswaal keeps them there on purpose. The barrier keeps the villagers protected and they attack witch cultists for the same reason they attack Subaru.

In a lot of fantasy stories a big part of the world is still a dangerous and unexplored territory where humans build frontier settlements and slowly take over the whole world. The need of more fertile land outweighs the dangers.
Still, it was pretty safe with the barrier, iirc the dog was only there because Roswaald wanted to kill MC.

Yeah but killing and stealing is perfectly fine.

>iirc the dog was only there because Roswaald wanted to kill MC.
Witch Cult. I don't even know if Roswaal knows Subaru stinks or that his power is tied to the Witch, I don't think he does.

Anyone?

Also why does he never try to explain the situation thoroughly, at the best of his possibilities (not mentioning about the fact that he returns back from death)?

Give examples of what you're talking about if you want answers. Also, people in this thread probably can't help you so go ask in a re:zero WN thread if you want serious answers.

They'll show middle school girls in ridiculously sexualized situations, but booze is a no-no? I guess the logic is not to show things that can be imitated and sexy harem situations aren't real, but it still seems strange.

Especially from the capital arc on he becomes a totally different person. This anime doesn't deserve for me to waste time to delve into details, it's pretty obvious anyway.

He starts drinking with his pal Otto during arc 5

>What are some shows you should never drink during?
Hand Shakers, you'll get sick even without the alcohol

Because Emilia told him to stop being a pathetic white-knight for her and wanted him to fuck off.

>This anime doesn't deserve for me to waste time to delve into details

And yet you ask about it twice? You're just too dumb to get an answer by using your own brain.

>What are the best shows to watch while drinking?
Harem shit
Drink every time someone does some cliche bullshit

I could never like the taste of Alcohol, no matter how much i tasted different drinks.

I just avoid anything alcoholic in general.

Not him but I feel like total shit if I get anywhere close to drunk

It's not shown in the story, genius, that's why I asked.
>Because Emilia told him to stop being a pathetic white-knight for her and wanted him to fuck off.
That never happened, it's your mistaken interpretation. She is initially simply disappointed because Subaru can't even keep a simple promise like not following her into the palace and then she's annoyed because he decides to act even though he has no understanding of the situation and puts her in a bad spot.

Instead of understanding his mistakes he keeps digging his grave deeper and deeper every single time he gets given the occasion, like in an endless spiral.

At the beginning of the anime we're shown a totally different kind of person.

There are cocktails that taste nothing like alcohol. Try fruit and lemonade base cocktails, or high grade champagne. Even some dessert wine have no resemblance to alcohol.

If you are on budget just get the cheapest bottle of gin you can get, some cheap noname ice tea and mix them 3 to 7.

>She is initially simply disappointed because Subaru can't even keep a simple promise like not following her into the palace and then she's annoyed because he decides to act even though he has no understanding of the situation and puts her in a bad spot.

That's the same what I said. Up until this point Subaru's plan was to get Emilia's pussy and he was on the right way at the beginning until he fucked up and Emilia told him to fuck off. Then he became desperate and claimed that he did everything for her because he loved her and this bullshit. Crusche called him out on that just like Emilia that all he did was for himself while ignoring her feelings.