ITT: Episodes of GOAT anime that made you so mad you temporarily dropped it

ITT: Episodes of GOAT anime that made you so mad you temporarily dropped it

everything between the first few and the last few episodes is questionable

>not liking Asuka Strikes!
kill yourself Reifag

Hey, I like Asuka. I've even jerked off to her several times. But she was unbearable in this episode.

Asuka is unbearable, this is a basic trait of her personality.

but she was the worst in this episode

I don't get it. What's so bad about that episode?

The only episode that isn't a masterpiece is Magma Diver

Asuka was the biggest cunt that she ever was in this episode and it began a temporary tone shift to be more light hearted rather than being serious and dramatic.

this is the only episode from the anime i remember clearly for some reason

Pleb

gintama first episode

Fuck yourself. She makes a forceful and abrasive first impression, shows the childishness behind it immediately, then her own rationale starts coming as she gets to know another character in the very next episode and the actual causes for her behavior follow in the last act. Not even a wiki should lead with a character's backstory.

If it didn't have the light hearted episodes then the serious and dramatic ones wouldn't be so shocking either.

They didn't need to have 15 episodes of filler

Once Misato didn't eat shit inside that nuclear robot for "reasons" I tuned out until the show decided to stop playing around (the last couple of angels)

>filler
END YOURSELF

Fake tension is the worst. If you're going to act as if something's a real threat and show some countdown timer tick down to 00:01, make me believe it might actually explode.

> Hey, I like Asuka. I've even jerked off to her several times.
Same desu
>But she was unbearable in this episode.
How so? How was she different than in any other episode?

Filler =/= episodic

When will people learn this?

The recap episode had minor characters narrating their diaries, Gendo cold warring with the Committee, the biggest hints about Rei, the spear delivered to Terminal Dogma, and Asuka being precious. There was no filler.

15 episodes? The only episode you can really call "filler" (which is stupid anyway, because NGE is an original anime, not an adaptation) is episode 7 maybe.

More like world building desu.

That's the fucking point you dunce
Why would you drop a show over the obvious annoying bitch character being an annoying bitch?

I don't agree with dropping the show in this specific example, but theoretically an annoying bitch character can still ruin the enjoyment of a series even if her being an annoying bitch is intentional.

A character being obnoxious on purpose doesn't make them any less obnoxious, it's up to the rest of the work to prop that obnoxiousness up in a way that works as a positive for the experience. If that fails then it doesn't matter whether a character is awful on purpose or not. Asuka works but that doesn't mean every intentional annoying bitch works

The choreographed dance episode with shinji

Intensity of Evangelion went from 100 to -10 instantly, it was too random

this

>Evangelion has a literal penguin of doom
defend this

>There are people who think that an episode of Eva could be called a filler
Jesus Christ, I knew people who watch it don't really get the deeper parts of character personalities, but being that fucking stupid is beyond my imagination. Even fucking 7th episode had thematic meaning that projects onto the last fucking scene of End of Evangelion. No wonder Anno hates you people, you're degenerate

Eva has simplistic themes and continuously screams them in your face, that's the opposite of "deep"

And how does that tie in to my post, you mongoloid? Yes, themes are retry much obvious (not all), and that makes people who shit on certain episodes even more retarded

I don't know if its GOAT but I just dropped Yosuga no Sora after the Nao route because of the up coming cheating. I know it might not be as immoral as incest but it still bums me out.

>dropping Yosuga No Sora

Where's the version with the dick?

gay

How about
>an episode of show that contrasted with episode 2 so much that I got assblasted beyond any reason and even pocky.gif didn't make me undrop it

why were you mad?

I'm disgusted with myself that I actually finished that, I yelled like a drunk russian and broke my mouse when they nearly drowned. I kept saying it the day after in public too, It was crazy as fuck and I was so happy that I didn't even finish the episode and yelling on the subway "ATONE FOR YOUR SINS".

Every episode with Asuka was terrible