When an eastern anime tries to make a show out of western material

>When an eastern anime tries to make a show out of western material

>When an anime butchers a western ideal or trope

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_tMD5bTbLM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck off/co/mblr.

What are you even talking about

Good example was the cancer that was that Lovecraft anime, or any depiction of Christianity.

>the Japanese
>ever understanding Christianity

it has been this way since the Portuguese landed

Name 6 times this happened.

generally it is at least hilarious

What does this mean? Are you saying things like Baccano aren't good, or are you saying Japan should stick to pumping out things like samurais, ninjas, and yamato nadeshko?

You're full of shit either way.

Why do the Japs have such a hard time understanding Christianity anyway? Every anime Christian priest is more an assassin than anything.

This also applies to the West, which has not understood Christianity for hundreds of years

>when anime explores Western Civilization better than other media.

It's not that they can't understand, it's that they are unwilling to put forth the effort because a weird esoteric action packed Christianity is cooler

Nothing ever tops a cartoon having a Japan episode and it's all ninjas, samurai and muh honor

Actually the muh honor is the worst offender

Goddamn.

They don't want to understand christianity, they just want an organization that does evil things in the name of god.

Black Lagoon was good

What about space elevator pope ?

its same same reason why 90% of the US thinks all Japanese people are ninjas or Samurai, all that crazy asian shit they do

*tips fedora

Because the point of those characters is being cool and exotic, not being an accurate depiction of priests.

oh and you do you greasy jew?

I'd take Catholicism even with our shit pope over any other shit religion any day

This is a English Christian holy sister

To be honest the japs seem to have a better understanding of westerners than westerners trying to understand the japs

Only problem is their view of the western man seems a bit outdated, none of the current pansy shit, instead they seem to idolize western culture before the latter half of the 20th century

>Christianity
>western religion

This is how Americans sell hotdogs

youtube.com/watch?v=M_tMD5bTbLM

>ninja talks about honor

Because it's fucking fiction and they don't feel like doing a religious drama, you autist. No one in Japan actually thinks Christians are all battle-mages fighting secret global conspiracies.

>an eastern anime

I still remember seeing the Supernatural anime in the dvd section and having a good laugh

>When an anime butchers a western ideal or trope
Black Lagoon was good and it was basically an action flick

That's fucking incorrect, that's hundreds of dusty old spellbooks.

They should at least give them holy magic powers

>western cartoon has an '''''anime''''' reference.

>any depiction of Christianity
Their depictions of Christianity are about the same as their depictions of plenty of nip stuff. Believe it or not, ninja did not have magic eye powers and shit, Buddhist monks did not fight demons, Nobunaga was not a little girl or a space dragon or whatever-the-fuck, etc.

I wonder which is the most common: Bad Speed Racer Dub, Generic Mecha, or Pokemon

Op's picture is funny because Steven Universe is really just one big anime reference. There wouldn't be a show without it

Adopted and built into it's current base canon by romans from an area in the roman empire
If christianity isn't western then neither are romans.

>ninja did not have magic eye powers and shit, Buddhist monks did not fight demons

NANI?!

>no true scotsman

utena?

>instead they seem to idolize western culture before the latter half of the 20th century
yeah, because their impression of Westerners was cemented by post-war American occupation.

Name six animes involving either priests, warfare, Americans, fiction, folklore or anything involving western tropes and that'll just about do it.
Because the depictions of Christianity by westerners and LE EPIC ANIME CHRISTIAN VAMPIRE CROSS GUNS XDXDDDXD are complete the same, am I right?

Why is this bitch wearing safety pins from the Goodwill?

Ironically they can't even get that right.

Don't forget DBZ and Sailor Moon.

>Only problem is their view of the western man seems a bit outdated, none of the current pansy shit, instead they seem to idolize western culture before the latter half of the 20th century
I think I've finally figured out the alt-right + anime connection.

>Sup Forums image
>animes
>not recognizing Index
Fuck off.

>Exaggeration: the post

Really? Because I actually believed that ninjas could walk on water

Anything Type-Moon, Index. These alone are more than 6.

You talking about Nyaruko?
Because to be honest shit that takes an ideal and simply slaps little girls on it tends to be obvious shit that simply panders to crypto-pedophiles.

Shit like that is best ignored, much like Steven "Space Lesbians" Universe should be.

its basically every bad action movie trope with good characters and humor

Funny since the Trigun author actually is a christian