I recently reinstalled my operating system and was wondering what is the best player strictly for anime these days?

I recently reinstalled my operating system and was wondering what is the best player strictly for anime these days?
Are there noticable differences between players? What about performance/impact on the system?

Other urls found in this thread:

videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/198486
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mpv

youtubeplayer is the best

mpv

And it's fucking starting once again. You fucking niggers. Since this thread will devolve into pure shit, as always, post your fucking animu wallpaper that you're using right now.

Coalgirls' mpv build.

What makes their build different?

It's just lachs0r build.

Basically this, but they still update it, once in a while, as far as i know.

They're dead.

Just stream it idiot

Just looked. Yeah. They are dead. I think their/lachs0rs build is still the best one around, though?

>MPC-HC can't take screenshots with subs
>mpv and even vlc can
Why do people use that player again?

lachs0r is literally just a windows build of the latest version of mpv

Just stream you dumbfuck.

I'm actually still using the MPC-HC build that's included in CCCP.

It can.
You're too retarded to enable it.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>Making shit up to defend a meme player

Real player

MPC can, but if you're using xy-VS the subs are rendered seperately.
Change your file names before baiting though.

>people actually recommending meme virgin player

I seriously hope you guys are just shitposting and no one on Sup Forums ACTUALLY FUCKING STREAMS

>mpv is bad durr
>but i won't tell you why

>MPC can
No, it can't. Even the creator said it can't.

VLC works fine.

There's not really a reason to learn or use command line tools unless you're a huge nerd or a computer programmer, the definition of a meme virgin

>grampa still thinks it's earl 2000

i've never had any issues. the media player memes are completely impenetrable to me. i don't know what people are going on about.

Getting absorbed in something only for the hosting service/your internet to cut out sucks, why risk that if you don't have to?

Just extract every frame to a separate file and play them in a slideshow, that's the best way.

something something shaft

shinchiro or lachs0r?

Not an argument.

>Not an argument.

Sup Forums made it seem like I need to know programming and type in various commands to use mpv

but just installed it and it's actually quite easy to use

>not using mpv

Post a good weeb mpv config.

Just use vlc, theres nothing wrong with it.

>generating font cache.. hold on..

Copy pasted from someone from Sup Forums works fine.
[code]profile=opengl-hq
opengl-backend=dxinterop
hwdec=no
deinterlace=yes
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft[/code]

Get the Lav Filters Megamix. Its the new kcp (for people who can't install it all seperately)
videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix

If subtitles are bad in any way switch the subtitle renderer in output to VSfilter (or Subfilter if thats what you prefer)

>MPC-HC needs a separate extension to display subtitles in screenshots
>Something mpv and vlc can do out of the box
How does anyone justify using that shit?

mpv

Windows media player or winamp

>deinterlace=yes
idiot
don't just copy paste shit if you don't know what it does

>don't just copy paste shit if you don't know what it does
that should've been the Sup Forums banner

Yeah and qBittorrent stalls too, right!
Subtitles show on screenshots out of the box unless you install the wrong component.

>Lying about something everyone can easily see for themselves
Why would you think you could get away with this?

No you are lying as you can't prove anything either.

>Everyone recommending mpv now
>I still use MPC with Xy-SubFilter.

Works for me.

>Subtitles show on screenshots out of the box
Even if that's true you can't configure it.
mpv has separate keybinds for screenshots with or without subtitles out of the box. No need to disable the subs or anything for clean shots. A single keypress can do whatever you want.

Same. Been using CCCP for years. Update only needed once a year or so, never any problems. Seems that triggers some people.

I used MPC-HC with madVR until last year or something. Switched to mpv since it has a cleaner interface and works really nicely.

You don't need to use the CLI, and you only need to write the options and keybinds file once, and there are plenty examples on the internet for you to work with. Shit like s for screenshots with subs and S for no subs is amazing.
Also, it works along with youtube-dl.

I don't have to prove what everyone who actually bothered to use it already knows

It isn't true anyway. There's no way to display subs in an MPC-HC screenshot.

>Update only needed once a year or so
It's been over a year since CCCP was even updated, mate.

I can still do it with 3 buttons (disable - screenshot - enable)

You are just incompetent and you can't admit you couldn't do it.

Quality is important to me so I am using NGU. Unless you get that nothing can pull me out.

MPV is the only one that I've found that "just works" and displays subtitles nicely.

>admit you couldn't do it.
>Admit that you couldn't install MPC-HC vanilla and press the screenshot button
Can you just stop being an idiot already?

>I can still do it with 3 buttons
That's so horrendously inefficient.
I prefer to actually watch things, not spend 40 minutes pressing buttons for a single 20 minute episode.

But you're a meme upscale filter shitter so it's no surprise that you have brain problems.

get that fucking cone out of my sight
KCP master race

That's nothing mate, I know a guy who could take a screenshot in half a button press.

Nobody said anything about vanilla. If I couldn't configure anything I would have used vlc.

I also prefer to watch things, not taking screenshots for new memes.

when did mpc-hc stop being the norm?

So you admit that MPC-HC is a meme player that doesn't have the basic functionality that both mpv and vlc does without installing extensions?

When it couldn't take screenshots with subtitles like any normal fucking media player.

??

>MPC-HC users are too dumb to recognize that they are using a separate program to get subtitles to appear in their screenshots

When I got sick of using the buggy piece of shit that is madVR.

mpv is great but it's a pain to learn all the hotkeys so i rather simply install a plugin for MPC

this that i found in the KPC thread
works for me

the default binds are shit, instead of learning them you should just rebind them

what's the problem with that? it's been a while, but I also didn't know that VLC was acceptable now. It used to be a meme. I mean I'll switch to mpv if it's better, but I've just been using mpc.

>madVR is a high quality DirectShow video renderer
I have no idea what this means.

why is it everytime I see this image my first thought is of the video of the guy getting a traffic cone shoved into his ass?

Still using cccp. When something breaks or a new thing comes out that makes watching stuff in 720p on a shit monitor noticeably better then I'll switch.

I think buying a new monitor would probably have the most dramatic effect, user.

Why would you want the ability to take screenshots with subtitles integrated into a video player, when you can just use the key on literally every keyboard (print screen) to do the same at a resonable quality?
How can you judge a video player on wether or not they have a pointless feature that only idiots that can't use the clipboard find useful?

>When it couldn't take screenshots with subtitles like any normal fucking media player.

>Alt + I
>Save
Whoa, I just saved a screenshot with subtitles.

>when you can just use the key on literally every keyboard (print screen) to do the same at a resonable quality?
Here have this.

>Another fucking idiot who thinks its MPC-HC letting him take screenshots with subtitles and can't even tell he has extensions installed

Into the trash it goes.

No extensions here, fag.

Hell, I can even use F5 to save a screenshot without opening the save dialog.

>MPC-HC users are too dumb to even be able to tell they're not using it vanilla/out of the box and post their options menu as if it proves anything
No wonder why you idiots are too dumb to use mpv.

>implying it really matter for upscaled, badly animated and re-encoded animes
Just use whatever player you are more comfortable with, maybe one that can filter all that banding 'n shit in horriblesub's encoding.

I use kodi with hardware acceleration turned off and lanzcos 3 optimized for the upscaler. It does what it needs to. there might be other players with better upscalers or subtitle filters but I like the way kodi scrapes all the info and a puts a movie poster for every series and also keeps track of where you left off

>I have literally no argument
Good to know. Here's your (You). Don't spend it all in one place.

>I have a special unique version of MPC-HC that takes screenshots with subtitles and it works for me and only me
This is what you sound like. You are a special kind of stupid.

>I don't check options menus before I start using a program so I'm going to call everyone else stupid

There is no option in MPC-HC that enables this functionality you idiot.

If Windows, the answer is OBJECTIVELY MPC-HC with MadVR and xy-subfilter:
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/198486
MadVR now produces higher upscaling video quality than mpv with the introduction of its new NGU upscaling. Anyone telling you to download mpv instead is suffering from a superiority complex stemming from using something unnecessarily complex and just wants you to expend extra effort to watch anime at a lower video quality.
Audiophiles: consider switching from LAV audio processing to ffdshow in MPC-HC. This allows for audio options like headphone crossfeed through ffdshow's Winamp plugin support (VST Host DSP v1.1.6 for Winamp works in this, allowing for VST plugin support as well).

Also, ffdshow's headphone virtual spatialization is pretty fucking cool when used with BD sources with surround sound audio.

Maybe you should update your player or at the very least, open it.

You've wasted enough of my time with your laziness and name-calling. Here's your last (You).

Samefag spotted. Can't deal with superior reasoning and resorts to calling everything and anything bait.

It's not exactly difficult to hit print screen and then paste the result into Photoshop. You should be using Photoshop's save for web for screenshots you'll be posting on the Internet anyways, as its .jpg compression is superior to any media player's, and you clearly shouldn't be posting .pngs unless they're for screenshot comparisons.

Oh yeah I'm sure my copy of a media player that hasn't been updated since 2015 is out of date. Every post you make makes it more and more obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. MPC-HC users are this braindead.

>Not just downloading Gadwin Printscreen and being able to save a print screen with one key
>Being free to use any player or streaming website knowing you can still screenshot just fine