So prisoners are being used to fight the wildfires and are being paid $1/hour to do so...

So prisoners are being used to fight the wildfires and are being paid $1/hour to do so. Is this really where we are as a society?

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/12/how-much-longer-will-inmates-fight-californias-wildfires/547628/

>Paying your slaves
How progressive.

Seriously now we're fucking paying them to do it now? Where have we gone to as a society

Lol ask the Canadians what they did

Literally imported dindus from Africa to fight their fires and most of them went on strike and awol

It's constitutional

Do you have any idea how good being a firefighter for a dollar an hour just to help out your community in a tragedy will look on a parole board hearing?

That's brilliant. And I bet they love it simply for the opportunity to get out of the pison. Win-win.

Might as well make them useful somehow.

Why are we paying them.

wtf
yanks make me fucking sick.

California everybody

The liberal paradise!

>uneducated convicts are getting to go outside into the open air, get job training for an incredibly lucrative field that requires little education, and get paid for it.
OH MY GOD

Why are you complaining? We're using our federal tax dollars on something helpful. We need to use prisoners more. They're just leeches like illegal immigrants.

thats pathetic
still pretty ridiculous to have prisoners doing the job that a teenager should be doing to pay for college.

Just make it volunteer and have it reduce their sentence a bit for every day they contribute.

They deserve $15/hour

I'm sure they get time reduced as well.

You are? Well if anonymous says it then it must be true.

Most work release programs at jails count towards good time. Fuckin' nigger

I wouldn't know since I've never been arrested.
>nigger calling an upstanding citizen a nigger

in my country you get paid $1 per hour to fight the prisoners

im sure if they die they are allowed to immediately exit the prison system altogether

It's common sense
Also
>implying you wouldn't get time off of your sentence by going into a life threatening situation to help others at the prisons request

>it's true because i want to believe
k

I'd do it for minimum wage just because I think fire is fun

>It's false because I want to activate little bitch mode

Hey man, do whatever you want, You not believing the truth doesn't change it lol

rich south started using prison chain gangs as the substitute for slavery when slavery was becoming economically unfeasible. it's a dark reason why the push and pull of federal/private prison systems in the US is such a big deal.

>le fallacy face
(You)

It's probably some labor law, like the whole AOL volunteer lawsuit.

>le
Niggers like you are why we should execute people under 100IQ

Maybe they shouldn't have commit crimes. I don't really give a shit.

>and credit toward early parole
the first fucking sentence. i would rather be outside working towards my freedom than stuck in a box with tyrone and ramone all day.

(((You)))

Plus, they're given a chance to Do Something useful and exciting. To see something besides the four walls of their cells. Hell, I'd do it.

A ranger (up around Crater Lake in Oregon) said that all they want is to be treated with respect.

>Pay them $1 per hour.
>Fine them $2 per every hour the job isn’t finished.
>If they have a negative cash balance, add time to thier sentence and bill them for the additional cost.
>If they can’t pay, sell thier organs to the Chinese for experimentation.

>we

better than being locked in a cage

I know humanely putting prisoners to good use is against your logic, op

Been doing this for forever. When most get out they have FF jobs already lined up. It’s a good thing.

>impotent rage intensifies
Good luck with that cuck-user

Firefighters fight fires. Firefighters are heroes

Felons fight fires . Felons are _____

nice!

>still pretty ridiculous to have prisoners doing the job that a teenager should be doing

this

American prisoners are better then African refugees

wow...maybe we just need to bring back slavery

They get a free bed, food, gym membership, library access. If you were a,slight homosexual it should be paradise in jail.

>reply with a simple (You)
>rage
(You)

Delightful

Have you faggots never heard of a work release program or something? Prison is barely prison anymore unless as you didn't kill anyone and aren't in maximum security. Its just a glorified dormitory with all the same shit as a college facility.

It is where California is, to be sure.

You are a moron and the other user is right

Wonder what the contract was bid at?

>poland is an expert on US law
(You)

Even if you do pull a source from your ass making your right it was still a shit argument.

I'm not an expert on US prison laws I'm just a Pole with severe insomnia but I know that prisoners who work get shorter sentences. It works the same way everywhere in the civilized world.

>opportunity to get out prison
>opportunity to get charred and burned to death
>brilliant

They're not out for tea and crumpets you stupid amerimutt.

>criminals are actually serving the community as a punishment for a crime
>become better people for it, help other people
>this is somehow bad

R A R E
A
R
E

they used to just impress citizens coming down the road. no pay. the women folk kept the camp while the menfolk ate smoke, sweetie

As a reformed inmate, would volunteer for anything to get out of the cell for a few hours or days. Paid or not.fuck the boredom. BTW don`t fap in public.

>BTW don`t fap in public.
why. will a big strong manly nigger come up to you and suck on your donut?

What would you rather do, stack them up to make a firebreak?

Thank you pole, that guy is fucking retarded

Have a pence, on me.