Has there ever been a more repulsive, despicable trio of characters in an anime? They literally ruin the entire show

Has there ever been a more repulsive, despicable trio of characters in an anime? They literally ruin the entire show.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9iwVuEpK0As
reocities.com/animeinn/timeline.html
youtube.com/watch?v=be1Yy1S2wYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You've never seen Eva, have you?

Yes, and the fact that you brought it up makes it evident you've never watched an episode of Maison Ikkoku, and have probably seen less than 10 anime.

The only truly deplorable one was Mrs. Ichinose since she was always a terrible role model for her son. At least Yotsuya and Akemi just bothered Godai and didn't have children they were bad influences to.

>godai low on money
>gets a part time job
>ichinose, akemi and yotsuya hear about it and decide to take advantage of it
>godai already struggling, and now he has to deal with 3 loud, obnoxious idiots causing trouble and heckling him
>force him to pay for all the beer and food they order non-stop
>gets fired as a result
>none of them care one bit and continue to heckle him
No, they're all the definition of human garbage. I know Takahashi wanted to capture the essence of annoying neighbors, but she took it to way too much of an extreme. They have no redeeming qualities and exist for the sole purpose of yelling and causing trouble for the main character.

The redhead has some redeeming value, at least. She verbally tears down Kyoko late in the series for being so indecisive and stringing Mitaka and Godai along for six years, and makes her cry.

This

Kyoko isn't too great either
Can we all agree that she only settled for Godai because Mitaka had an arranged marriage ?

>Can we all agree that she only settled for Godai because Mitaka had an arranged marriage ?
That's not what happened and you know it. But we can all agree that Mitaka got the better deal in the end.

Is that female Ranma?

I don't see the big issue with Kyoko. Yes she's indecisive and did some dumb things, but never forced either of Godai or Mitaka to be madly in love with her. She does a lot of good things throughout the series and offers some much MUCH needed contrast to the shitty tenants, but even then, it's still not nearly enough.

Did akemi have feelings for godai?

No. She had feelings for Godai before mitaka came

>but never forced either of Godai or Mitaka to be madly in love with her
That's when the person comes upfront and says "no" to them, but no Kyouko remained indecisive till the very end, only getting her act together and she got told off and Mitaka gave up because he ended up impregnating someone else.

>That's when the person comes upfront and says "no" to them
No it isn't. She always maintained she was indecisive and either of them were free to walk away whenever they wanted. Not nearly as bad as the three characters that constantly heckle Godai and openly derive pleasure from his failures.

Its just bantz mate

If you make me lose my job because "it's just bantz bro" then I'm gonna punch you in the gabber.

Stop with your shitty excuses, the tenants were cancer I'm not denying that, but Kyoko wasn't without blame.

>without blame
What did he mean by this?

Only point I ever made is the tenants were far worse, and they are.

Yeah they were shit and annoying. They were really unnecessary. This is my favourite Takahashi anime though. Godai trying so hard all the time was really motivating for me when I was in university.

Started watching this due to it coming up on threads recently and almost dropped due to those 3. Just on episode 5, so should I keep watching?

Were you in the thread the other day OP?

Yes, definitely. Those three are terrible but the rest of the characters are really lovable.

Even the rival love interest for Kyoko is extremely likeable.

How does Sup Forums feel about Godai?

FIVE YEARS
I
V
E

Y
E
A
R
S

is how long maison ikkoku was

Nobody cares, idiotic tripfag.

No you don't care, because you're stupid and can't connect the dots.

The game of cat and mouse with Kyouko and Godai and Mitaka went on for five years because piyo piyo girl wouldn't stop it. She better do some fucking good things in the span of five years

Nobody cares, idiotic tripfag.

why is old anime so fucking weird?

how am I supposed to show my loved ones this anime

The butt jiggle gang from Fairy Tail. Thankfully they were only in a few episodes. But they ruined every episode they were in.

Pretty sure this is easier to show a loved one than literally anything else Takahashi has done.

Does Sup Forums like the soundtrack?:

youtube.com/watch?v=9iwVuEpK0As

reocities.com/animeinn/timeline.html

Longer than that, actually. The series starts October 1980 and mostly extends through December 1986 (before having one timeskip to their marriage in 1987, then to having a baby in 1988).

is this show worth watching? i mean i know it probably is but is it really worth all that time to sit through.

Why does everyone sweep this under the rug. Six years of heartache

Depends on your taste. Give it 12 episodes- around the length of a current seasonal and see if the characters grow on you. If they do, it's absolutely worth watching. Try to overlook the 3 characters in the OP image because the rest literally ooze charm.

How are those guys from Black Butler called? Literally didn't get past the first episode because of them

I can mainly sweep it under the rug by reminding myself that it all ended 30 years ago, but Kyoko definitely did cause a completely unnecessary amount of pain and stress for Godai and Mitaka. Akemi's dressing down was completely warranted and deserved.

why is she so floof??

Refrain from replying to the idiotic tripfag please.

read it

But then you'll miss out on the god tier voice acting, visual direction and OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=be1Yy1S2wYI

Oh cool, the girl looks like Girl Ranma.

He can hear the soundtrack by just getting the CDs and hear the voice acting for key scenes he liked in the manga.

The anime is really only if he has much time to spare, the manga drags enough as it is but the anime really takes its sweet time to move things along.

Literally not at all aside from the hair and even then it's just in color.

>and hear the voice acting for key scenes he liked in the manga.
Not unless you watch the anime first.

You're also overlooking the fact that the anime is visually stunning, especially for a TV Series. The director Yamazaki has a hard on for immersive visuals and animation.

>Ataru,Mendou and Shinobu (i think) in the background

I loved this anime, but I doubt I could ever watch it more than once.l And yes, I absolutely wanted to murder those three, mainly Yotsuya. I honestly can't recall the dude having any redeeming qualities at any point in the series.

It was an excruciating watch, but I made it to the ending. I think it was worth it, but I wouldn't do it again.

>mainly Yotsuya
This. What a fucking awful character.

Where are you people coming from?

>Not unless you watch the anime first.
You didn't get my meaning.

He reads the manga, then think of the scenes he liked the most.

Now he grabs an episode guide from anywhere in the Internet, see what episodes covers his prefered manga moments and then he watches those.

This course of action is pretty normal for lo

>This course of action is pretty normal
It's actually not. Consider visiting a psychiatrist.

She totally does.

>we will never get more anime that looks like 80's BDs
why even live

Thoughts on Kyoko?

>80's BDs
>not 80's LDs

isn't the 720 ikkoku release BD and not LD

I do that too.
>muh MAL days

For breeding.

Plenty of people do that, you are the odd one out.

This sounds like the anime version of Always Sunny.

Those eyes are the eyes of someone either broken or about to break everyone else.

It literally took me 15 episodes or so to get into this show and I'm really glad that I did. Especially after finishing it

He started off as a faggot
By the end of the show he was a man
That's just my opinion