Do you ever read Western comics and if not why are you such a fucking weeaboo?

Do you ever read Western comics and if not why are you such a fucking weeaboo?

Because they're ugly and bland.

Anime/Manga are my junk food. I'd rather read actual literature or non-fiction instead of add more western garbage to my life.

>implying there's any good reason to read modern western comics

If you said literature you'd have an actual argument.

I'm okay with them. Just don't read capeshit.

vampire knight requiem is basically anime with a western aesthetic

If you mean superhero titles, no. That shit is juvenile, boring, and repeats every ten fucking years if not sooner. If you mean titles like Locke & Key, then yes, but that has a definitive story with an actual fucking conclusion.

Who the fuck would even compare actual literature to anime and manga you idiot?

get a load of this pleb

I do read western comics, or at least I used to before they got a bit too expensive for my budget. And I ran out of room to keep them.
There is a youtube channel that shows videos of old scanned comics, i sometimes check it out, mainly Alan Ford, Dylan Dog and Zagor.

There's enough shit there to compare it, don't worry.

Aren't most of all the good ones French now?

This thread belongs to Sup Forums

Also, western comics are shit and you should be ashamed

Neck yourself before going back to your filthy gaijin board.

>western comics
>always posts capeshit
there's plenty of good stuff and it doesn't come from marvel or DC. Also fuck off, this is Sup Forums and yes anime is a superior form of art. No I won't grovel and suck your dick because I'm ashamed of liking something. Go fuck yourself, find someone who actually likes shitting on everything they enjoy. Anime and manga are fucking art, superior to Shakespeare. Although subjectively Shakespeare's work was just following the tropes and trends of the times and was merely an example of the most popular plays; much of Shakespeares work used dialogue and phrases that are comparable in significance and usage in plays at the time as such phrases people commonly speak in anime. Shakespeare was just as much subject to repetition and a few commonly used phrases and such as are anime and manga today. In a few centuries people will praise Seos work as literary masterpieces.

tldr anime is just as good and bad as any other medium except for capeshit comics which are an anomalous pile of filth never seen before. Fuck off back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums you baiting faggot.

I read a good amount of both western and Japanese but I prefer anime and manga.

I mainly stick to indies since I can't stand the amount of forced progressiveness in the big two books but I am enjoying Aqua Man and Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps since Rebirth started.

wow what an adventure

these dont look sexy or fun