Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Chapter 106:
mega.nz/#F!VNdzDYYK!nK9fNU3LeprlZSbRAnlsRg

New Rem AU chapter today, translations underway.

Remon must be having a field day

These threads are slow as fucking shit recently.

I'm spellchecking a document right now. Emilia is trying to distract Rem for reasons. Both of these stories seem to be the prelude to her actual party, rather than the party itself.

What are their cup sizes?

Fun birthday story facts.

There's a reason why it's only Rem's party. Ram noticed that Rem's mood had improved lately, and wanted to celebrate that by focusing on Rem. So she decided to plan the whole party just for Rem.
No idea. Even up to Arc 6, people joke that Ram is flat. Rem is noted as having particularly large breasts for her size.

Huh is that comic implying Ram has some feelings for Subaru or is she just feeling grateful to everyone for caring about her?

I think she's a little sad cause she now has to share her imouto with Barusu

I don't know. I think she might be sad because everyone went over to Subaru to worry about him, and even her clown left to check on him.

Nah, it's more about how Toyota is changing the social dynamics at the Mathers manor.

It's more like she is pretty harsh towards Subaru's memetic attitude but she's actually glad he made everyone happier

Is Remon passed out from the amount of new Rem-related materials that got released?

He's currently working on it.

He's working on the new Natsuki Rem AU right now.

Based on the LN artworks I'd say that Ram is B while Rem is D

Post Subaru or Clown, because it's Rem and Ram's day

What is the new Rem what if chapter about?

Mouseover only if you're unable to wait for lemon
Subaru ropes the family and some townspeople into going fishing for a setsubun tradition where you nail a fish head to a holly branch and stick it on your door.
This escalates as they go on a huge excursion to a giant geyser to go fishing (kararagi is very arid and deserty so water sources like this are rare), using a big net to haul a bunch on fish in, but the fish are winning and there's starting to be injuries among the geriatric fishing squad. The team dwindles down to be just Subaru and Rigel.
Rigel is flagging too, when Rem appears in a dues ex machina, having been hunting for the holly (it's not holly) stick in kararagi's famous mobile forest. The forest has ventured over to the geyser for a drink, Rigel ties the net's connecting rope to the forest, and they prevail over the fish, catching a whole bunch.
It's then revealed that Subaru went on this excursion in particular because he wanted to show Rem a field of seldom-blooming white sakura which are in the area for her birthday. I either missed some sidestory or forgot something because 2ch anons were mentioning how the flowers had something to do with Ram so it was sad but that didn't click for me.
Rigel is a siscon.

So the last one focused more on Rem and Rigel and this one on Subaru and Rigel?

>Rigel is a siscon
Elaborate, please.

Tappei is spoiling us with Rem so that he can orgasm from our tears after he kills our hopes and dreams in the main timeline

Every thread until Rem wakes up.

Birthday Rem!

CUTE FUCK ONI BLOWING CANDLES
WHERE

And then what?

>Thread is dead and people are just bumping

Wonder why this is a thing considering we were getting at least 70 posters until recently, but the last few ones we barely hit 52-55 before auto sage is near hit.

I think it's because summaryanon flagged so people stopped attending threads daily.

I just want the translations

I just want cute as fuck Oni blowing out candles but I guess we're both shit outta luck, huh

I want to hold hands with a life-size Rem!

Why not a real Rem
We could do a few rituals I think

In the original Natsuki Rem chapter, it was 8 years since Subaru and Rem ran away, so Rigel was probably like 7, and Spica was a newborn I guess?

In the newest WN chapter, Rigel is 11, and if I'm reading this right, Spica is 1?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

(Liked the chapter though, and the shorts. Hopefully they get translated soon).

>New Rem AU chapter today,

What?

A new one for this year?

It's her birthday!

I wish there was a short story covering her actual party.

Most of us have uni and work user. We can only do so much.

It happens every year on Rem/Ram's birthday and wedding anniversary.

So, does anyone think Rem ever played her ten tricks on Subaru for fucking up on her birthday date?

Now!

The white sakura flowers is where Rem & Ram would run around in when they were kids I believe.

Actually Rigel was around 10 during the last AU chapter and Spica was a newborn back then. So the math checks out.

Tappei has got some explaining to do.

Neat. Waiting for translations. Haven't read any Re:zero stuff in a while.

How old was Spica during the first AU chapter then? Does she not age? Was she born in a leap year? Is she a ghost? A figment of their imagination? Did she die in somewhere in between the first and fourth AU chapters and they made a clone of her? I actually don't care about any of this by the way, just thought it was kinda random. Some people on 2ch also noticed it and they also just shrugged it off.

Maybe 1.5 years have passed? 1.9?

These are all possibilities.

Is Toyota still just a punk who gets shat on by most the cast power wise?

I mean I like character build up, but even TG's Keneki was a powerhouse before 100 chapters.

Yes. While Subaru is now a Knight and has the expertise, muscles and skill to back it up he still gets fucked by the genocide machines like the Witch Cult, mabeasts, Roswaal, etc. Even a year of dedicated training can't beat people who have gathered power over a centuries anyways. But t least he can beat up thugs and normal soldiers.

Well, there are a few new Rem stories released today. The Natsuki Rem one is pretty long, while the two others are extremely short. Of those two, one is Subaru/Rem and the other is Emilia/Rem.

The Subaru/Rem one is pretty good for its length, and shows off the side of her personality the anime cut. It reminds me that how they changed her last scene still annoys me, and I'm hoping the manga will do it justice. Rem may have a low opinion of herself, but she's surprisingly confident and assertive. Also mischievous. I want to see more of that side of her, and we'd probably have a lot more fanart of that if they kept in the original version of her personality.

The Emilia/Rem story isn't so good. It's mostly Emilia bothering Rem because people made the mistake of asking her to handle Rem while they prepared a surprise party, and she ends up absolutely blowing it. They have a friendly chat about the whole thing, but I don't think the character dynamic there is very fun. Emilia kind of Emilias at Rem, and Rem mostly just patiently takes it. I guess I'm just not very fond of Emilia interactions.
>Is Toyota still just a punk who gets shat on by most the cast power wise?
Yep. What Subaru mostly improves on is his influence and scheming. It's pretty obvious he's intended to develop with a more villainous skillset, so he's got to learn to be the mastermind rather than the powerhouse.

Do any of you take this series seriously? I want to know if they are more Lemons - or that guy in the last thread who claimed he started having chest pain and high blood pressure over Rem in a coma -out there who obsess over their waifus.

I don't have nearly enough autism to care that much about 2D waifus.

Not really last chapter was the 10th anniversary for Subaru and Rem married making Riegel 9 at best and in this he is 11 Spica should be at least 2-3 years old

There 4 years between first and the latest AU chapter spica the math doesn't hold up here , tappei messed up

kaneki was meant to be overpowered he beat nishiki and amon by himself when he was still pussy "before white hair and stuff " , author want subaru to stay as punching bag he will always be fodder although that kinda sucks i am not into super weak MC

he may turn into powerhouse if he is somehow revealed to be the sage

>it's because summaryanon flagged
what?

assuming that Spica is really just 1 yo in that chapter, maybe user just got it wrong

Post more Rem

I think it's just Remon and chestpain-kun.
I mean I really dig Rem, she's ny favorite character in Re:Zero, but Beako is a close second and Otto a close third. I'm not nearly as devoted as those two.

There's also that manga artist that asked to adapt the mayo chapter in order to portray Rem's smile.
And she's a woman on top of it.

I'm really curious of what is that makes Rem click so much with people in general.

Every thread until Crusch-sama gets her memories back.

catfag was off by one

She's not only beautiful, she's devoted and yet she's still a lowkey prankster.

Some fags may just call her waifubait but even then it's unclear what makes her that much more effective than girls in other LNs.

She essentially became popular by
- being cute and pure
- being willing to die for her loved ones
- being willing to make babies
- always believing that her hero comes through

It doesn't sound that complicated and hard to write, so you would think many shitty authors would have already come up with lots of similar characters that are just 100%-subservient waifus. Yet Rem is somehow the most popular among them.

Are there for some reason just not many characters like her? Or is she just that much better in people's eyes?

>being cute and pure
>Keeps watching Subaru non stop, and even wakes up early just to be able to sneak into his room and look at his sleeping face, and also at night
>Wrote 6 volumes in a month about Ram and Subaru's doings in the mansion
>Has to "hold herself back" when she has too much Subaru
>Placed a nut in his tea that essentially made him more "honest"
>Pure

That's certainly part of her, but only WNfags know that. Here in the west she's still popular with the animeonlys

She's definitely not pure, but I like that she's not perfect. I mean, she's s creepy stalker that'd drug her guy to take advantage of him. That's not admirable.

>strong
>useful
>cute
>loyal
>understandable
>relatable

She's legit reasons to like the loser MC unlike most other LN girls, a good backstory, the most impactful scenes in the anime, visible development. Also despite being madly in love with Subaru she still shittalks and scolds him when he behaves like shit.

>she still shittalks and scolds him when he behaves like shit.
This is one of the main reasons why I like her.

So her popularity is because normally girls like her don't get that much shine and focus in other shows, which are much more concerned with their main heroines? I can dig that.

I feel like a lot of casuals don't actually think that much about her critical attitude, even though it was the main point of "From Zero". They focus much more on her blind loyalty to him

Mine too. It shows that she's a serious romance character despite her stalker/puppy attitude in arc 2.

>So her popularity is because normally girls like her don't get that much shine and focus in other shows, which are much more concerned with their main heroines?

Basically Tappei struck gold with deciding to upgrade Rem from side character to "Rising Heroine"

Even girls like her. I bet there's girl fans that'd love to be with her.
No homo, tho'.

>Rising Heroine

Actually, she probably received an underdog boost too since people liked her way more than Emilia. They cheering for her to win the Subarubowl and then she received a tragic heroine boost when he rejected her.

Thinking back, it was funny how mad people were that she rejected Subaru's offer to literally let an entire village including everyone they love to get brutally murdered just because they liked her more than Emilia. Waifuwars are scary shit

>They focus much more on her blind loyalty to him
Well that and her moe/kawaii side of her character too, I think. I mean there are a bunch of people still thinking Rem is a sort of pure and selfless angel without even knowing she is one of the most flawed characters in the series. I myself enjoy Rem much more when she's flawed and imperfect.

Thankfully Rem is a better person than what waifuwars wanted her to be.

>So her popularity is because normally girls like her don't get that much shine and focus in other shows, which are much more concerned with their main heroines? I can dig that.
That's probably part of it. To be honest, I didn't like her all that much in anime Arc 3. I had to start reading the manga and WN to get back to liking her, because of how they flattened her character. Whoever was writing Arc 3 of the anime literally did not understand her character at all. That's all I can say there. Going by the interviews, it's clear the director didn't have a very high opinion of her.

Oh, and I've actually recently seen Japanese twitters complain about how those scenes were changed.

Good thing that the author writes many side stories to demonstrate her real personality.

Imagine if they kept in Rem playing dead to get a confession out of Subaru in the anime. It was such a dick move, shit would have seemed so out of character.

He was always able to beat up thugs.

It would only look out of character because they also removed scenes prior to that one. If they added the under the tree conversation then it would be fine.

>Also despite being madly in love with Subaru she still shittalks and scolds him when he behaves like shit.
I'm disappointed that the anime didn't include some of the scenes that subtly depict Rem's disapproval with Subaru's reckless behaviors and actions. It would have made Rem become more of a three-dimensional character rather than just an ridiculously obedient maid.

>It was such a dick move, shit would have seemed so out of character.
Except that's the thing. It's actually perfectly in character for Rem. She's a teasing and mischievous girl, and this has been consistent since her first scene. Her backhanded courtesy kind of shows a casual disregard for appropriate behavior.

It might be a dick move, but Rem is kind of a dick.
Yeah. I wouldn't have liked her so much without them. I really wish we had someone to pick up Arc 3 translations, since Kaguro became to busy to continue them.

Anyhow, I've got no idea why she's so popular, but I can try to figure out why I like her. In a way, she's a character who exceeded all of my expectations. I was actually annoyed when she and Ram were first introduced, because I thought the story was going to degenerate into some harem shit.

When it comes to her most superficial traits, she resembles a wide variety of characters who are never taken too seriously. If we were just skimming, those traits might even seem contradictory at times. The thing is, Re:Zero doesn't dismiss her as a joke. It doesn't make her love or trust in Subaru a joke. It counters the arguments that she'd just be meek and obedient with him. Rather, interactions suggest she'd have him whipped if given half the chance. Rem is the dominant one on most of their interactions.

Despite her jealousy, she's never comedically violent with him unless he literally asks for it.
>It would have made Rem become more of a three-dimensional character rather than just an ridiculously obedient maid.
With how they reduced her scenes, like Subaru's escape from the manor, I think whoever was working on the show actually saw her that way. However, the ridiculously obedient maid is supposed to be Subaru's delusion of her, and not the real thing at all. It's what he assumes because he's not actually been looking at her. Someone on the team missed the point of her character.

they showed that scene but it wasn't enough I guess

Rem is kind of a dick sometimes.

She's so based.
>I will whip this cutiepie into a good man.

I remember when a certain person was bragging about how Tappei was heavily involved in the anime production and that he had much influence and shit. Sure sure.

she's a cutiepie herself

here's another one

>like Subaru's escape from the manor
Yeah I swear shit like this is the reason why people keep calling her waifubait. I really wonder what Tappei's reaction would be after he saw all the changes made to Rem's character.

I'm sure he had some influence, but he wasn't the director. Of course, that's probably the certain someone who thought anime Rem was an improvement.
That's what I think makes Rem's love work. The Natsuki Rem AU isn't about all of the shit she does to obediently display her love, it's about Subaru pulling off various displays of his love and devotion for her. Rem might love him in the way that she'd do anything for him, but she's also the sort who'd get him wrapped around her finger. That's what provides the balance there. Given time, it's Subaru who'd be the devoted and obedient one.
I'm sure Tappei did see it. He probably just shrugged it off and assumed the team knew what they were doing.

Rem doesn't even hide that she likes to watch his sleeping face

Rem is like sister to subaru < is this meme dead yet ?

never heard of that meme

I find it weird that in the anime she had her sleeping clothes in that scene and Subaru his track suit, but in here Rem has her maid clothes and Subaru changed into more casual ones.

Well I guess that makes them a pair of stalkers.

I've heard that as "mother" before too. I've even heard someone say they thought Rem just wanted a dad. The "it's platonic" arguments on her side quickly fall apart with even a casual glance. The WN is also pretty clear that Subaru's feelings aren't platonic either, as you usually don't try to kiss your mom or sister. Or agree to marry them.

The LN has those early scenes too, but it's been stripping away the later ones for some reason. Toning down Subaru's reactions and making it vague about what he feels for her, which quite frankly bothers me. Right now I guess we're waiting on the Carmilla scene to see if they'll unfuck it.

The only meme that i know like that is the "INTENSE FRIENDSHIP" one.