Why is Finland so prominent in anime?

Why is Finland so prominent in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasions_of_Japan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_nuclear_weapons_program
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Finland is Europe's Japan.

Because Japs like to insert themselves as Finland despite the Russians cock slapping the Japs in the late 1930s and 1945

brother in arms against the russian horde

Because it's like Germany except with less stigma.

It's because they subconsciously wish they could have been Finland, or more precisely, that they had done what Finland did in WWII, instead of fighting for the losers and getting their asses toasted on the extra crispy setting.

finland is cool

Because it makes for better animu girls.

>attack merica while fighting the chinks&britbongs
>blame the kraut

gook logic

Because they are Asian just like the Japanese

Finland is popular travel destination for nips, and vice versa.
WW2 they were both on the side of the losers.
Both have warred againts the Soviets.
Languages have similarities in that words are spoken the way they are written.
Nokia phones.
Finnish education system exportation.

Finland wasn't so much on the side of the losers as it played the two sides off against each other to their own benefit. Mannerheim was such a magnificent bastard.

Wait, how prominent are the Finns supposed to be? Only place I can remember them appearing is the Girls und Panzer movie

LWA, Upotte, GuPs; if there's a European appearing in an anime, there's at least a 40% chance of it being a Finn.

The fins beat the russians in a seperate war

There's another one just this season too.

Steins gate has leskinen who unsuprisingly is one big meme character on Sup Forums.
K-on rich girls family is finnish and she holidays there.

Make that two actually, forgot about Lotte in LWA.

Doesn't that still make them about 40% less likely to appear than a German?

We created best meme Spurdo

This season's Finnish abasador

Aalto-design in Shaft show

Nice scanlines

Maybe the japs consider them uncucked swedes

No, another 30% is a Brit, and the remaining 30% is divided among the remaining countries, generally in order of population.

It all balances out since the Japanese have defeated the Finnish before.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasions_of_Japan

Wait hold on that means Russians and Finns are of the same blood,

Do you count russians europeans, or it's a class apart?

The meme game ridiculous

Literally this. Even their languages are closely related. (No seriously, look it up.)

You forgot the actual country of Finland from hetalia.

I wonder how much of the prominency comes from English skill. Italians, russians, french etc. all just keep to their language circles while most Finns speak english.

>related
Only if you put any stock in the ural-altaic hypothesis.

is this what the average finnish boy looks like?

As expected of Shaft.

we invite japs there to have good time with sauna and beer and they leave impressed of our hospitality and similarities of culture. expect we dont eat our dogs

You got two nuclear bombs thrown at you too?

I guess the Tsar bomb radiation was that strong.

No, they are solidly related.

That would make sense if there was someone in Japan who spoke English.

What, how?

we did in southpark episode :^)

I can sing Japanese karaoke just by pronouncing words like i would normally.

That's got nothing to do with languages being related though.

That's true for most non Romance and non Germanic languages though..

That is also possible with spanish

The only thing I know about Finland is that their education is god tier and that they make FiNRG which is a fucking blast.

We actually received a pretty sizable amount of radiation from the Tšernobyl accidents fallout

No you can't. Sure, it's easier than for English speakers, but there are still differences, like anything with J.

>their education is god tier
i think it has gone down since then, but it used to be great
the education is pretty lax too, nothing like the asian countries where you have to study your ass off

i live in the dark red and this was just before I was born, explains why I'm autismal neet

And their metal is very good too, Turmion Katilot made me like industrial metal

It isn't just the Chernobyl incident. Lapland got hit pretty hard over the years by the constant Soviet nuke tests at Novaja Zemlaja.

And less sabdniggers and refugees

>Lapland

We would have added plenty of radiation too, but alas it was never meant to happen as the it was the start of the cuckening of the nation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_nuclear_weapons_program

*sandniggers

There are tons of weebs in Finland so I guess it's mutual.

On top of that you know who really likes pushing that shit? Turks.

Is that an anime about someones beginner finnish lessons?

That's the reason why I don't want to hear anything about it.

because mongol.

Everyone hates Turks so its natural: in both Asia and Europe.

Not even my Finnish is that bad.

The only thing that i can understand of all that is "mina"

>tämä on kirje.
>Minä kirjoitan kirjettä.
My sides

It's not that prominent.

What little attention it's getting is probably a result of the popularity of Moomins, and the fact that for some reason nips see Finland as a kindred spirit, and euro country that's somewhat autistic about personal space and where people take their shoes off indoors, don't get shouty and kissy when you get near them and where people follow rules and crime is low.

Also the language sounds are sort of similar.

They're just charmed by the stubborn, stoic autism, I guess

Perkele...

>bout personal space and where people take their shoes off indoors

Who the fuck doesn't do this in Europe?

No, it was an anime about Yagyuu Juubei being a cute girl. I don't even remember what the joke behind the letters was.

>Hello! You probably problem
>get this is letter.
>You are nice. I like
>I am writing a letter
>and where, isnt that right

Finland and Japan have one thing in common when it comes to Moomin.

The works are translated to both languages.

which anime is this my god

Finns and Germans aren't even the same race.

>bring that pretty hole
Kek, i can't speak hue and i still understand that

Fact: Finnish is the strongest race in the world.

daily lives of high school boys, aka nichibros

Fact

In most countries in Europe people walk indoors with their shoes and don't remove them immediately at the door and walk around in their socks.

>not using Simo Hayha
What a pleb

Here you go.

>In most countries in Europe people walk indoors with their shoes

Good meme

Daily Lives of High School Boys

>and euro country that's somewhat autistic about personal space
Literally any northern european country.

>and where people take their shoes off indoors
Literally any civilized country

It is more or less because Japs have always viewed themselves as a small country that has had to fight against the odds against foes larger and stronger than them (China etc).

Because of that they relate a lot to Finland, who also fought hard against something large and against all the odds.

Also moomins, manners and Finns are all secretly weebs even if they don't admit it.

>tfw there's this skinny white mongol guy at the gym counting reps in nipp

>A Finn
>Also a gyaru

So the japs are retard island monkeys who can't see their similarity with Great Britain?

I just wish to see a bit more of Netherlands represented in anime , all i see are fins , germans and french.

i can't even look at this guy's face without thinking about japanese shaman girls.
thanks Sup Forums

Don't forget Brits. Brits are also fairly common, as far as Europeans in anime go.

On the other hand I can hardly remember any Africans in anime other than that assistant chick from Kill La Kill.

No they do that too, Bongland is more popular in anime than Funland

Japs don't have that much similarities with them really, other than the British buttblasting the Frenchies so hard that they're still mad about muhh honor.

For the most part of their history they've always been shadowed by the Chinese and even to this era they still have a huge inferiority complex for them.

So when they finally managed to beat their former masters they've been ever so proud.

Yeah I know, I played the game a while back and found that scene really funny but I never realized how big it had got since I had avoided all of S;G threads till I finished it.

LINTAHLO

That is because they have a longer running history with the Brits than most other European countries (Germany, France and Russia close second).

>tfw no anime about Hyper war

They sound somewhat similar but are not related.

>Literally any civilized country
where do you live, user? In my experience in most other countries people will walk indoors with their outside shoes, whereas in Japan and possibly the Nordics the shoes are strictly removed right at the door and people will walk around in socks or slippers. I've traveled quite a bit.