One Piece

Is this the best arc since the timeskip?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12258203
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I love SanjixNami lots and lots.

It has great potential but I fear the buildup has gone on for too long and we are going to be disappointed

Why is the silhouette wearing the same dress as Nami?

Do people really think that after how much suffering Oda has heaped on Sanji that him having to humiliate himself by crossdressing to be strong enough to win is out of the question? It's exactly Oda's sense of humor!

I can't wait for Ichiji to BTFO the fat bitch and her mutated daughter!

post Ichiji pics for my folder pls

this

Yes. I love how the entire Big Mom territory is one large food power boost for Luffy.

And Pudding is beautiful, lovely and evil.

I love the idea of Sanji using Rankyaku as much as the next man, but what drives Oda more? The power of Badassitude or sheer ridiculousness

>Rokushiki

Zoro projects force like Rankyaku, Sanji inherited Geppo, Luffy goes faster than Soru, Armament/Observation Haki replaced some others, the rest are useless

I don't consider Sabo as much of a brother.

Ace and Luffy spent years together. Sabo was just around for a little while.

Was sabo even mention before the flashback?

Sabo was there from the start. He just "died" sooner.

None of that matters.

When men exchange oaths over the Sake, they become brothers.

copying from my other thread:

Big Mom's crew is the most underwhelming of the entire manga.

So far, very few strong characters and it's a Yonko crew. Whitebeard's was stacked.

Plus they are all idiots, they never check if reports of successful missions are true, do not even check when someone is not reporting....The last chapter made them look like a bunch of disorganized and overconfident cunts.

People complained about Doffy's crew being ravaged, but at least they faced overwhelming odds... Big Mom's? They are just pathetic.

tl;dr it's shit

No its already beginning Dressrosa symdrome and dragging on.

You don't understand why they acting like that? Big Mom being nocive is the reason. She's losing it. There's nothing wrong with saving your life, user.

Watching this arc makes me realise there's no way Big Mom could even attempt what Whitebeard did at Marineford

None of them other than cracker have been defeated.
Stop being retards.

Fucking finally Sanji. You have one fucking job. Feed Luffy.

Stuff is dripping out of the basket, he needs to be more careful.

He was always a hack cook

>Plus they are all idiots, they never check if reports of successful missions are true, do not even check when someone is not reporting....The last chapter made them look like a bunch of disorganized and overconfident cunts
Did you speedread this whole chapter?

>WB had 5 good division commanders and a bunch of shitters. Fleet consisted of relatively decent NW captains
>BM had 4 commanders and a massive number of literal whos. Also has massive number of relatively decent family members and allegiances

You can argue loyalty but I don't really see where the "weak" argument comes from. As far as the current situation, all we've seen is Opera act like a faggot. The rest of them seem pretty concerned. Keep in mind, it's a fucking Yonkou. I doubt they have much experience with failure. 99.9% of what they do likely ends in complete success. It's abnormal to think that a 'shitter' like Luffy would be alive.

I can't believe Th...Snack is dead !

He was called the strongest man on the world for a reason

>everything after the CP9 arc was a mistake
>haki (especially hardening) was a mistake
>Brook was a mistake
>post time skip designs were a mistake
>awakening was a mistake

Prove me wrong.

If Zoro's specialization is in armament haki

Luffys is conqueror hakim

And Usopp is observation haki

Then what is Sanji's haki specialization?

I hate choppers non brain point forms and Robin and Nami were best pretimeskip

strawpoll.me/12258203
STRAWPOLL
>STRAWPOLL
strawpoll.me/12258203
STRAWPOLL
>STRAWPOLL
strawpoll.me/12258203
STRAWPOLL
>STRAWPOLL

>Is this the best arc since the timeskip?
Easily. Crew centric arcs are the best.

Exactly. You'd think BM would have some compensation in the form of better subordinates or something

Multiple answers available btw. Feel free to vote on the arc and the shitpost on buildup

>world building took off after CP9
>haki is no different from "I'm punching you harder than I was before" and was always a thing
>Brook ties up Twin Capes, is the musician, and has played a role in arcs several times over
>Franky looks dumb
>awakening offers more df development which if anything further damages the "muh haki" argument

ez

heh. hello /opgg/bro

>Big Mom's crew is the most underwhelming of the entire manga.
>Hody's Crew
>Doflamingo's family
>Enel's underlings
Smoothie and Cracker alone are better designed than any of the faggots in those three crews.

When will One Piece get as good as it was before the time skip?

seewhat's the actual argument against her subordinates?

We've been seeing awakenings for a long time.

I would not be surprised if Croc being able to dry people out isn't an awakened power.

And we've been seeing awakened zoans for a while

Hard to say. One Pieces main strength before the timeskip was the crew and how each member dealt with situations and how each others personalities interacted with one another. Post timeskip most of the crew flattened the fuck out in terms of characterization and the arcs since then have either not seriously challenged the crew's capabilities(SA/FI) or have taken the focus largely off of them(PH/Dressrosa). This arc and the one before it have been a sort of return to form.

It all comes down to if Oda can keep it up and build towards new heights or if he'll fall into the traps of Dressrosa and Fishman island again.

>Brook was a mistake
You just invalidated your whole post of shitty opinions.

Nice bIt.

>and Robin and Nami were best pretimeskip
Name a single character that looks better post timeskip except maybe Sanji and Ussop.

For me as long as Zoro gets a badass fight (with a fucking swordsman) all will be forgiven

Says a lot about zorifags and why they're cancer

It'll be air slash spam just like all of Zoro's newer fights have been. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I'm not cancer

This arc is the Enies Lobby of the New World. Not as good though

How many years after One Piece started was Eneis Lobby. And how many years has it been since the timeskip. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.

Chopper in brain point

Ennies Lobby was 05-06

Reminder op is a faggot

Enies Lobby was by 2005
Timeskip was by 2010

Ahh, so the times roughly add up then. That being said, having an enies lobby equivalent without the whole crew feels wrong.

Really makes you think

They're just not as impressive as Whitebeard's were

>talk about Sanji
>endless shitposting involving cuck, jobber and shipping

>talk about Zoro
>intellectual discussion about swords, samurai and Wano in general

>intellectual discussion
>children's story
>on Sup Forums

So that selfie would have to be taken with a snail?

Usually that's what happens if you compare any group to the second most legendary pirate in existence

>Zoro vs Sanji autists are still shitflinging after over a decade
You guys need to calm down.

I was just stating an observation.

>Enel's underlings
To be fair the point wasn't that he had strong underlings, the point was that he was incredible on his own. Enel was really a one man show, and he was not concerned by his underlings. Sure Enel would have gotten his shit wrecked in the new world, but he was far stronger than anyone else around him. Luffy seems like the first serious challenge Enel ever faced.

I want to cummy inside big mummy.

>I was just shitposting
Neither side of this autistic argument are better than the other, I'd say you were children but the fact that, as I said before, this has been going on for over ten years now kinda precludes that fact. Instead I'll compare you to the Sup Forumstards who argue about which gaming console is the best.

Or I'll even go farther than that, arguing about who's better between Zoro and Sanji is like arguing about which is cooler between Pirates and Ninjas, it was autistic a decade ago, and now its reaching a whole new level of sad.

Marco, Vista and Jozu aside, WB's crewmaters were pretty lame too, while also barely getting any screen time as well.

What One Piece movies are cannon?

None

None.

>To be fair the point wasn't that he had strong underlings, the point was that he was incredible on his own.
True, and the same could be said of Doflamingo as well. My point was to compare specifically the underlings between each crew and to argue against the notion that Big Mom's are somehow the worst(When they very clearly aren't).

>sure Enel would have gotten his shit wrecked in the new world,
Logias seem to go far no matter what. You also forget that the nigga had Haki years before it was properly explained what it was. Luffy hard countered him, there's no telling how far he would've gone in the new world.

Some are better than others, but none of them are canon to the main manga storyline.

This is more about Luffy x Sanji.

>Sanji made a bento for his fiance, but is now going to give that bento to Luffy.
>Luffy easily saw through Sanji's lies, while Nami couldn't.
>Luffy instantly forgave those lies, analogous to Sanji's rule to forgive a woman's lies.
>Sanji became infected with the Okama way at Kamabakka kingdom, it just needs an opportunity to come out.

The wedding will still happen because Big Mom has Brook, but when the priest asks if there are any objections, Luffy will loudly interject and all hell will break loose as his escape will go public. He'll try to take back Brook in the ensuing chaos.

That sword discussion from last night before spoiler pics came out was better than most threads in the past few months, which is mostly complaining and shitposting.

All I know is that Zoro will never have stupid ironic "shipping" posts that practically make the current threads unreadable.

They are retard who think he learned nothing but new dish during the TS + muh support role only because "strength isn't his goal"

>All I know is that Zoro will never have stupid ironic "shipping" posts that practically make the current threads unreadable.
Oh? If he and Tashigi ever start getting hinted at you'd probably have the same SaNa shitposters doing Zoro/Robin posts just to derail and fuck with people.

It's so easy to spot someone who used to be anime-only

Are you mad? 100 Cracker clones would devastate Marineford since only the Admirals/best Vice Admirals could break them apart.

He is the only commander we've seen in action, and he's already a dozen times more useful than WB's equivalent 3rd or 4th best (Ace or Vista).

Shitters like Curiel or Atmos are no better than Pekoms or Opera.

Ace could beat Cracker though.

Ace went toe-to-toe with Blackbeard, who's pretty strong.

Why doffy parasiting string worked on Jozu and Sanji but not Luffy (base form) ?

And then Ace and Luffy continued being brothers for years and years until ace left, meanwhile Sabo was "dead"

I love how he's hover handing like a fucking beta

Kek
SaNa fags btfo

Agreed, Zoro have been the most disappointing so far. He's been one shooting everyone he comes across.

Trick question

One Piece was never good

Yeah, he's one of the few members getting regular fights and he just air blade one shots people. Its like I"m reading the worst parts of Bleach.

>two different watermarks.

>Mangastream puts a watermark so other sites won't "steal" their scanlations
>MangaPanda doesn't give a fuck, yet still puts their own water mark for the same reason.

I genuinely wish we had a good simultaneous release service that knew what the fuck they were doing and was cheap as dirt. Scanlators sicken me.

>Scanlators sicken me.

Then become a better on-- oh wait you're a lazy free-leeching faggot.

Not my fault the official avenues are inconvenient as fuck. As much as I hate scanlators they do a better job of getting the manga to their customers than Viz Media does.

Indeed. *sips iced tea*

The plot of this arc is sink-or-swim and it depends entirely on one factor: whether Sanji will forgive Pudding. Everything is set in place to give Sanji some character growth. Will it be denied once again?

>big mom herself
>four commanders all above shichibukai level
>dozens of ministers and captains all adult trio to monster trio level, many with absolutely broken devil fruits
>thousands of lower level underlings
>countless fodder
Ah yes, what pushovers. Absolutely nothing compared to the likes of beasts such as Steven Tyler and the gang.

It has more substance; yeah. Not as much action and a good fight like with doffy but it's far more substantial story wise.

He's not going to fucking hit a girl.

Are you ready for Pudding's master plan next week?

Bege's you mean? It's not for now, wedding is tomorow in universe.

I hope Zoro doesn't end up being the prince of Wano kingdom or some shit. His backstory is the best by far and only needs minor elaboration pre-dojo

She fucking shot his sister.

I've seen a few complaints about Brook being able to hurt Prometheus, and I have to ask why? God forbid a shonen doesn't relegate 98% percent of the cast to useless status. Fuck Dragonball Z for introducing powerlevel bullshit. It made people think that kind of thing was the right way to do it.

people need to stop pretending Shichibukai is a level when the group includes both Mihawk and Buggy

He's not going to. Get over it.

I was disappointed that Randolph and Diesel got taken out so easily, but I thought Cracker's fight was decent enough and seemed to imply that he would have won if Nami wasn't fucking up his biscuit soldiers.

I can't really see the Straw Hats taking out Big Mom here and now, and I think there's a good chance she'll follow them into the Wano arc.

Impel Down is one of the best arcs, and the crew wasn't even there. Oda excels at character interactions. Some Arcs are just better at showing it than others.