Antagonists

Bump

3/4
2/2
3/3
2/3
2/2
0/1

Been literally like 2 years since I posted in these threads.

2/6
+S;G, Baccano
-SnK, CG, RZ, Dandy

2/3
+Eva, Ping pong
-Higurashi
The VN makes the anime completely garbage and obsolete.

5/5
+NHK, P&S, Hidamari, Watamote, Eva

3/3
+DmC, FLCL, Danshi

3/9. Planning to rewatch Katanagatari sometime.

Interested in which two you didn't like for

2/4
4/7
2/5
3/4
2/4
5/8
5/5
6/8

5/8
4/4
8/9
4/5
4/5
7/8
3/4
6/6
3/4
5/7

Didn't like Higurashi and the Macross movie.
Higurashi was EDGE fest. Horror doesn't really work in anime, and the "suspense" felt forced.
The Macross movie was okay at first, but as soon the the aliens were shown, it went down hill so fast. It was the classic "power of friendship to defeat the enemy' except with singing instead. Only saw the movie though, not the series.

5/5
6/9
2/8
5/7

>Horror doesn't really work in anime
Found the pleb who thinks that horror needs jumpscares and visual shock.

Horror is about atmosphere, plot, uneasiness and about messing with your psychological in general. Shinsekai Yori for example, had a great horror vibe in my opinion.

Higurashi is garbage though, you are right about that one.

SSY is garbage, too even delivering horror vibes with that logic.

I never said that horror needs jumpscares, I really hate them actually. I agree that horror should be based mostly on atmosphere, and Higurashi just did it all wrong. SSY was alright, best attempt at horror so far.

>SSY is garbage
You're even more of a pleb than I initially thought.

Also, try to type a coherent sentence, you sound like a Ape.

>homosexual kissing
>horror
Yeah, I completely horrified with it, you flaming faggot. It's garbage.

>SSY was alright, best attempt at horror so far.
It's funny because I wouldn't even call Shinsekai Yori a horror show, but it was indeed the only anime that pulled off an horror vibe successfully, at least that I have seen.

4/4
2/4
3/4
3/3

>So simple minded that he can't think of a better way to make fun of the series than parroting the same shit that was said a million times already
Apes will be apes, I guess.

It's funny because I dropped it halfway through as the characters are empty as a void, and the story was terribly written full of nonsensical blabbering, not to mention the art was hilariously poor with lots of QUALITY. Now get better taste.

How does the rating work in those threads?

anime you like / anime you've seen

Macross movie is much better if you've seen SDF. I saw it before the series and didn't think it was anything special, but after watching the tv series and revisiting it it became one of my favorites.

part 4 is best part

As it's generally the case, simple minds are only capable of simplistic and shallow criticism. You see, when you make meme criticism, such as ''empty'' characters, ''nonsensical blabbering'' and poor art, you aren't really making any criticism at all, as these claims aren't backed up by anything, you just said them as they were facts, without explaining your reasoning, making comparisons or giving examples. Now, that's okay to an extent, because like I said, you're obviously a simple minded person and therefore, can't really articulate things properly or think for yourself, so let me teach you.

First off, the characters in Shinsekai Yori were fine as they served their purpose to the world building, plot and atmosphere, which are the focus and main appeal of the series and book. They behaved like they should and would in the context of their world and situations, without having anime like personalities, such as tsundere, yandere, shitdere and so on, which worked very well in giving coherency and consistency to the world the anime was trying to portray. Also, the series wouldn't need memorable characters to be good, as there's many stories that are plot driven or world driven, but it still has them anyway. Squealer for starters and Saki to an extent.

As for the story, you're absolutely delusional, as Shinsekai Yori has superb written compared to the vast majority of anime out there. It literally blows any dystopian anime out of the water without even trying. The anime had one of the most unusual, consistent, coherent and complex world building and plots I have ever seen in the medium and you can't deny that, as you will be unable to give me any example of something that's similar to Shinsekai Yori in anime, let alone better in its own genre.

Now, finally for the art, you are basically just parroting things you hear, just like you did when you criticized the characters. The art was fine when it mattered and had some pretty good backgrounds, it had QUALITY in some areas but that isn't really uncommon, nor it takes away from the good things about the show. It only had ''bad animation'' in two or three episodes in the series, but like I said, it was fine and even good when it mattered and needed.

tl;dr
Nah, I've already watched a lot of shows and follow seasonal stuffs to base which anime I personally like. SSY doesn't mean the criteria at all. I hate the characters -- they're shallow and have no dynamic, I hate their designs, I dislike the art -- its budget was so laughable that it didn't have an OP theme and consistent animation, I dislike the story -- the jump from modern world to traditional japanese folklore was polarizing, they just don't mix together. Sorry, but I can't bring myself to like it even if you tell me to watch it again. If there's one thing I like it from it, it's the ED theme.

>tl;dr
Of course you didn't, like I said many times, you are a Ape, a simple minded person who can't really grasp things that are beyond your comfort zone. And this statement just further proves this point.

>I've already watched a lot of shows and follow seasonal stuffs to base which anime I personally like.
Irrelevant to the point.

>SSY doesn't mean the criteria at all.
meet the criteria*
And irrelevant as well, this is just you talking about your personal, subjective, terrible taste. Nothing to see.

>they're shallow and have no dynamic,
Already explained above. Not to mention that as much as the characters aren't the strongest point of the series, they did have dynamic.

>hate their designs,
>I dislike the art
Again, personal opinion.

>its budget was so laughable that it didn't have an OP theme
However, it had the best ED of all time.

>consistent animation
Just repeating stuff I already explained, learn how to read and then talk to me again.

>I dislike the story -- the jump from modern world to traditional japanese folklore was polarizing, they just don't mix together.
This is your most retarded criticism. It's like you didn't even watch the show, or it's a really boring person that is unable to deal with unusual things. The setting was one of the most interesting parts of the show and it made perfect sense if you actually watch the series.

> Sorry, but I can't bring myself to like it even if you tell me to watch it again.
You don't need to like it. But calling it shit or saying that's a bad anime just because it doesn't fit your personal criteria, when you didn't even finish, is dishonest to say the least.

I find funny how people either love Shinsekai Yori with passion, or can't stand the sight of it.

Very polarizing show.

Fine, you're the most preten- intelligent person I've encountered, and you don't seem to accept the fact that someone dislike your retar- favorite show.

>it doesn't fit your personal criteria, when you didn't even finish, is dishonest to say the least.
I'm giving you my honest opinion about the show, and there's no reason to watch an anime I don't like until the end.

emphasis on the word opinion, you're just posting really subjective and personal points about why you dislike it, which would be fine if wasn't for your first posts. You started off claiming that the show was garbage out of nowhere, when I was simply using it as an example, then when I tried to start genuine discussion about it, you came with that defensive stance and changed your air.

Just out of curiosity, what are your favorite shows?

I was half-joking when I said the first few posts out of the whim, but it's clear that I've given enough pointers to base my opinion of it.

>what are your favorite shows?
Aria as one.

Well, I wanted to know more but at least you said Aria instead of Lain, Monogatari, or other overrated shit.

4/7
3.5/5
4/8 Nice variation.
2/3
2/2
1/4
>lwa
>already
4/6
1/1 Pleiades was great
2/5
4/6

>PPD
My nigga.

Only the best my man, only the best.
I swear it's so densely packed that you can pick something new out with each rewatch that you didn't notice earlier.

I just love how chaotic its humor was, and the characters ranging from lolis to teens fueled with fetishes are a delight to see.

I am particularly fond of how well they're able to create relationships with a cast that large. By the end of it pretty much every combination of characters have had interactions and most of said interactions are distinct. For a show with a lot of one dimensional characters that level of depth is above and beyond.

I don't understand why people didn't like Higurashi. I thought it was a fine show that did horror pretty nicely.

I liked the OVA/movies a lot and would've put them there even if the TV series wasn't a thing.

Well I think Higurashi anime is just alright as a big fan. Remember it's a Deen shitshow with animation and the story is rushed to hell.
OVAs (-outbreak) were actually well done though.
6.5/7
4/4
3/3, 3/3
4.5/5

if i didn't see Bartender and Baccano i would have thought you were trolling

6/9 user. get rid of that re:zero

Awful.
Okay.
Okay.
Okay.
Pretty good.
Okay.