Shojo genre, is it dead?

So what happened to shows like Nana and Paradise Kiss? Were they special snowflake accidents or something? I don't recall seeing anything of the sort in the recent years.
As much as I dig my colorful moe shit, batshit Trigger craziness, Shaft mushrooms and occasional edge, something tad more on the down-to-earth drama and romance couldn't hurt from time to time.

Is the author ever going to finish Nana, or did she died already?

>Shojo
>genre

what would you call it then? Michael?

Stuff like Yuri On Ice and AoT basically took over.

>Were they special snowflake accidents or something?
Pretty much, most of shoujos are shitty high school romances, and josei rarely gets adapted.

>genre

>Is the author ever going to finish Nana, or did she died already?

An interview was published the end of last summer and she said she's definitely going to finish Nana one day. The magazine where the series is/was published still gets her to draw new artwork, and more "Junkos room" which was a little skit including at the end of every Nana volume.

I actually have the calendar she drew for 2016 and her art-style is as great as always.

that's a bit reassuring news.

>and josei rarely gets adapted.
has there even been any decent josei besides these two?

I haven't read or watched it yet but Orange looks pretty good.

Nodame, Honey and Clover, Chihayafuru

My name jeff

thanks!
Watched H&C back in the days when it was new, never thought it'd belong to same style and genre though.

Loved Nana and ParaKiss even though the NTR got me pretty bothered.

Seconding Nodame and Chihayafuru. Make sure you root for best boy Miyano.

It's a demographic.

>never thought it'd belong to same style and genre though.
Because josei isn't a fucking style or genre, moron.

Not really dead but turns out women like to spend more money on fujoshit so this genre is a bit underrepresented when it comes to anime, that's all.

Last josei anime I saw was Kuragehime.

Shame it was animated by a studio that will die soon and never does S2 of their good anime.

Kuzu no Honkai

Josei

Also Kuragehime and Rakugo.

Seinen

It's all about fujoshit now. That's where the women are.

That's usually because romance with women tends to be shit-tier. Either the guy is some rapey creep or the heroine is a retard or both. There are some exceptions, but it's mostly shit. It's easier to watch cute boys doing cute things because at least there's no self-inserting involved.

Most of the fujo shows aren't even directed at girls, but are omni-pandering with some ass shots and popular voice actors thrown in. See Kurobas, Haikyu and Osomatsu.

Utapri also doesn't directly target fujos, but parts of the audience like to ship the men with each other than with the otome self-insert.

Actual homo stuff tends to be much less popular.

>underrepresented when it comes to anime, that's all.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>genre

This meme again.
Not much get adapted but counting shoujo+josei, there's always at least one or two anime per season. It feels like live-adaptation are getting more popular though.

Otherwise, you gotta go with manga if you want more and even then, there's translations issues if you don't know Moonrunes.

>That's usually because romance with women tends to be shit-tier. Either the guy is some rapey creep or the heroine is a retard or both. There are some exceptions, but it's mostly shit. It's easier to watch cute boys doing cute things because at least there's no self-inserting involved.
Basically shitty Romance and Fujoshit is the equivalent to Ecchi and Full-on-Hentai (Level depending on depravity).

>Paradise Kiss
>shoujo