BETA INVASION

The BETA from Muv-Luv have come along and they've decided to fuck up the fictional universes of the anime you've watched.

How much of a chance do your characters stand?

> Re:Zero - Not at all

> Space Battleship Yamato: Barely

> Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Maybe, definitely with Iserlohn

> Sailor Moon: ???

>that vagina on the ballsack legs of the soldier class
I always wondered where it said Unit 00 stuck her modified clit dick in the events of Alternative

>you'll never get to fuck a soldier BETA

Anyone remember how many are supposed to exist? It was some exponent.

Evangelion - If handling small number at a time then yes, if laser BETA's learn to target the external power cable then they are most likely fucked

I never like the BETA due to their overpowered nature. It would seem to me that you could engineer a virus or discover some chemical that acts like a nerve agent to fight them. But I've been told that it doesn't work like that. And then I learn they have some special unobtainium in their biology that allows them to have megawatt class lasers that recharge in 20 seconds, which makes them even more bullshit. So pretty much 95% of the anime universes stand no chance against them.

Gun Buster would probably be able to defend the solar system.

They would most likely continue to aim at the EVA and have it be blocked by the A.T. Field due to EVA's being jammed filled with tech. Superior would eventually wise up and give directives to attack the cable. EVA's are tall, irrc a little over half the height of a destroyer BETA. I can't see the BETA doing much if we sent Mass Production Evangelions into their hives. Mass Production Evangelions could probably just straight up fly straight down the the hole in the hive to destroy the generator no problem.

On that same note Space monsters shit all over BETA they eat stars for breakfast.

I honestly can't think of many anime that would survive. It seems like only Type II civilizations have a chance against BETA. And the Earth from Gun Buster didn't actually have that level of civilization, though they were able to harness tremendous amounts of energy.

I'm assuming you don't know too much about the other archbishops, the witches and Reinhard...you'd only need the Archbishop of Greed, The Witch of Envy or Reinhard to slaughter these fuckers.

I want to believe Reinhard can kill them, and I know how cheat he is. They just outnumber him by an illogical amount, and he would essentially be fighting an endless war.

dude, gunbuster humanity built a blackhole bomb that consumed the centre of the milky way galaxy.
also the show's namesake which fodderizes millions of star-eating space monsters in one shot.

Yeah, but they don't have structures that harness the energy of an entire star. The civilization from Gunbuster seems to have achieved that, yet it isn't actually seen.

Kinda like how we aren't even a Type 1 Civilization, but we still have hydrogen bombs.

>yamato
>barely

Nigga what, the space fleet from yamato would smash the shit out of beta, and that's the fleet that couldn't even dent the Gamilas ships.

And the Yamato alone would just shoot hives with impunity. And if there are just unihnabited planets then they'll wave motion gun the shit out of any planet that has beta on them.

>Gundam

They could defend indefinitely easily even in 0079. Partly because of minovsky physics and the way it's like "lollasers" not to mention beam rifles would fuck their shit in every different direction coupled with the capability for actual orbital bombardment.

>Getter robo

lolbeta.

>crest of the stars

lolbeta

10^35 superior-kuns spread throughout the universe

Reinhard solos.

Modern aircraft and JDAM bombs could kill all of these things. I mean, the Laser-class BETA can only acquire targets up to 33,000ft, well below the flight ceiling of most aircraft.

I'm not familiar with Muv-Luv, but do they not have any dedicated airborne strains for atmospheric use? Seems to be an obvious strain to develop, which if somehow not actually exist in their universe, wouldn't high altitude air superiority be able to fuck their shit up?

If their numbers are as massive as I'm assuming, regular humanity would get zerged to death, yeah, but I can't really see spacefaring races losing too much ground against them.

BETA can shoot down spacecraft in orbit.

I can shoot your mum down with my dick.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

>> Re:Zero - Not at all
Assuming his buffs are as bullshit as stated, Reinhardt can't really be killed by BETA but at the same time he's just one guy and he'd never be able to kill them faster than they are produced.

Subaru probably could destroy the BETA if we assume he really does have infinite tries. Throw that dice enough times and eventually that 10^-1000 chance roll will happen.

Witch of Envy could without much trouble though, she's got plenty of reality warping powers and destroyed half the world, and big AoE shit is what you need against BETA. No guarantees the world will be in good shape afterwards.

>DBSuper

Goku jobs to a laser-class but the rest of the cast handle them no problem at all.

>One Punch Man
It should be alright.

>Gundam 00

ELS based units will fuck them up.

>ELS assimilating beta

What have you done.

>Nanoha
BETA are fucked.

Any series where the heroes aren't retarded.

Betas aren't remotely a threat to Gundam. The standard units have 120mm machine guns and more mobility than the BETA can deal with. Not to mention every MS is a walking nuclear bomb and you could just withdraw and detonate a reactor every time they manage to get a Zaku II or whatevs.

Plus magicbullshitparticles totally disperses shit over a couple of km away. That means the lasers aren't doing shit.

This is without factoring in beam rifles.

Minovsky particles are bullshit and OP.

>Soldier class gets pierced non stop and turned into ELS

How lewd.

>Youjo Senki
DEUS LO VULT

>black hole bomb
>consumes the black hole at the center of the galaxy
Nobody ever said Gunbuster made any sense.

people forget muv-luv is VOTOMS tier, if not below (cuz votoms space ships)

>Urara Meirocho
>apology accepted, BETA goes home

>Diebuster

Buster Machine 7 single handedly erase the BETA strain from the universe.

Don't forget actual WMDs are only banned in Gundam out of MAD. Using nukes or any number of wacky WMDs in the series would toast them.
Like this nigga.
It only needs 3 MS reactors worth of power to melt a hole right through mountains.

When the big zam is mass produced, the BETA will be crushed in no time!

>BETA can shoot down spacecraft in orbit.
So can modern missiles. Your point?

Newtypes plus proper MS (Late UC suits especially) could do pretty well just mentioning UC stuff

How would a Zaku II stand up compared to a TSF anyway?

The only thing the BETA have is their numbers. They are pretty dumb even with their 10 to the 37th power numbers.

>Demonbane
The BETA is toast. Kurou will make Takeru jealous of how fucking fast he can kill BETA. That anime is a fucking travesty compared to the source material.
>Fafner
Soushi and Kazuki assimilate the superior in Kashgar. Festum assimilate BETA, and turn them into their bitches. Beta know not to fuck with Earth or Tatsumiyajima. The UN would do the typical nuclear things that they're well known for in that universe. It would probably end up like the Yokohama base due to the UN being jerks.
>Mahouka
Onii-sama vaporizes the Earth. Everything is dead.

TSFs have 120mm cannons, mobility, and onboard nuclear reactors too. The problem is that ammo runs out, fuel runs out, and there isn't enough habitable land left to just set off nuclear explosions willy-nilly.

Nukes were extensively used against the BETA by the Soviets, and used again in TDA, to say nothing of shit like G-Bombs. It didn't work.

The main advantage a typical Gundam series has is that they can actually into space and would be able to intercept the BETA pods before they landed.

BVR is impossible vs UC mobile suits. Minovsky particles interfere with pretty much every radiation source including visual acquisition.

You need to be within a good 2km of the target at least on a planet or it's effectively invisible.

That means Laser and Heavy-class Laser betas are 100% ineffective since they require a safe zone to operate and their accuracy would be ruined by how the reactors work. Meanwhile even the most basic primary armament in UC is capable of killing the toughest BETA from the front and they tend to be rapid fire with 100 round magazines.

That's without beam machine guns and so on that came later or going into shit like Gundams.

Neat. And I always thought Mobile Suits were middling trash when not piloted by plot-armoured psychic spacemen protags.

I am neither /k/ nor have I ever watched muv-Luv but looking at all this BETA units makes me feel like the modern military can wipe them out in an instant

>laser units are completely useless against non guided artillery shells fired en mass
>tank units are literally just giant targets for aircrafts and missiles. Not to mention that they are just asking to trip on mines and explosives
>all anti-personel units are melee and giants like the fuck can they do against a bullet curtain?

The biggest flaw in the BETA's design is the fact that 80% of them are just short-ranged tanks with poor manuerability. A squad of soldiers armed with high powered rifles dropped on sky scrappers would find no problem wrecking havoc on them before they have to retreat.
And let us not get started on nukes and chemical weapons

The lasers are accurate and can fire in succession quick enough to fuck over mass artillery shells
Air force in universe becomes obsolete because laser class is too OP, that's why the mecha in Muv-Luv are named after real life planes.
iirc it takes a tank round to even take out the shittiest beta apart from the soldier classes

>feel like the modern military can wipe them out
This was true for a short period of time immediately after landing on Earth. Helis and planes were destroying them with no problems until the laser class started being made. The denial of air superiority combined with a reproduction rate that's similar to the Zerg in Starcraft pretty much fucked over most attempts of resistance

A Zaku 2 would absolutely wreck even newer TSFs without even really considering the M-particle effects. They're incredibly durable comparatively without any speed loss.

>That means Laser and Heavy-class Laser betas are 100% ineffective since they require a safe zone to operate and their accuracy would be ruined by how the reactors work. Meanwhile even the most basic primary armament in UC is capable of killing the toughest BETA from the front and they tend to be rapid fire with 100 round magazines.

Not entirely but yes, don't forget that there would be large scale diffracting effects for the lasers and all UC weapons are coated against laser attacks anyway which is why Mega Particle weapons took off in a big way.

an E-pack equipped beam rifle would tear through dozens of beta per shot (limited by how long it took the particles to dissipate into the atmosphere and gravity) And they could do things like use the solar system to blow the fuck out of hives with no radioactive fallout.

plus lets not forget, worst case scenario? just drop a colony on it. Phase 9 hives get fukt.

>12/36 seconds interval.
>max range is 30km - 100km
>artillery shells can reach up to speeds of about 1600 m/s
>a modern howitzer can fire from 500 km

This is just so stupid. A modern artillery technology can wipe out the entire laser horde in a few shots.

Not to mention that the colony drop was more psychological than tactical. If you really wanted to slam something into the earth to Fuck That One Area In Particular, there is an entire asteroid belt filled with good sized rocks.

Yes but when they have 10 times more than you have howitzers they can pull it off.

More "hey we want to wipe out Jaburo right now, what's close? oh yeah, colonies!"

I guess that's the one thing about the Beta. They have glaring flaws but make up for it by being crazy retard numerous.

They also evolve after a few years to cover their flaws if its glaring enough, like laser classes in response to air superiority.

They probably stuck to their current shit because TSFs are a poor response that feeds plenty of pilots to them.

>Yes but when they have 10 times more than you have howitzers they can pull it off.
The old days said the same thing about anti air craft guns but lo. They were rendered obsolete by the missiles that has shockwave effects. And those were for air-craft not artillery

Even if you pack a hundred laser hordes, they wont hit shit because they have no fragmentation effects. That woukd be like hitting a bullet with another bullet

I shudder to think what a year's war with any of these overpowered universes in thread would change them into.

I want to see BETA vs space squids (Hideauze)

>hitting bullet with another bullet

You need to know that Laser classes can easily and effectively shot down ordnance and missiles too, not just aircraft. In ML milliary often must cover entire sky over battlefield with clouds of heavy metals before using missiles and artillery shells otherwise they will be shot down before reaching their targets.

Shit aliens.

I'd rather know how the fictional universes of the anime you've watched would fare against this completely harmless puppydog.

>You need to know that Laser classes can easily and effectively shot down ordnance and missiles too, not just aircraft
>over 10 second cooldown each unit
>effective ordnance killer that are fired at a rate of 1 shell per 3 seconds, at a trench filled with tubes and artillery tanks

The stupidity just made me shake what the fuck

You are forgetting there will be like 10000 of those laser classes.

Considering what I am watching now:

>Hunter X Hunter
>Youjo Senki
Will end up with BETA victory.

>Initial D
Everyone but Takeru dies. Takeru drifts his way to safety every episode.

>Gabriel Dropout
It depends if the mankind can be relocated to heaven/hell or not and how strong the angels/demons are. Gab can bring apocalypse at least but what kind of? Hunger, disease, war, etc are bad to mankind only.

>Konosuba
Everything but Demon's King castle is conquered.

Yes. And all of them will be completely defenseless after the first round. Your point?

This is so stupid. This franchise got the concept of warfare so wrong

So you're going to get 10000+ shells on the target within 10 seconds? Do you intend to field every artillery piece on earth against a relatively small BETA force?

A single shell can create a 50 meter crater, user. And betas attack in a tight-knit horde

I need only 10 Howitzers to take out all the laser hordes. Not to mention the Naval support. Not to mention the use of chemical weapons and white phosporus

Betas don't run out of money, suffer morale problems, get poor public opinion and destabilization of society, or surrender if you one-sidedly blow up their armies a few time.

They simply shit out more children and send it at you until you run out of metal to make artillery with.
Its not war.

But how is the shell going to hit when it gets shot down?

Sounds like perfect targets.

Do not fire the shells at the same time

It's a bit one-sided.

So you think the 10000 lasers will all fire at the same 10 shells? Because they won't. A few will fire (very few, those things are stupidly accurate due to it being a laser), then others will fire at the next, and so on. The first ones to fire will be ready to fire again well before all 10000 have fired.

Do not fire the lasers at the same time. Don't forget that your enemy is controlled by a hivemind, they don't shoot randomly, and while all this is happening, a bunch of betas are already digging under your trenches filled with artillery.
With that being said, the main point in ML is that the beta came quite soon, humanity was in a very stage where they had no tech and resources like us now. If the invasion happened 50 years later, they might be able to stop it completely with modern armies.

Frankly, just nail bits of dead beta into planes, you retards.

They don't shoot allies.

The last anime I watched with characters who could even fight BETA was probably Mob Psycho 100. Since Mob 100% operates on Rule of Cool, him and other high level espers could probably collapse hives while redirecting lasers with shields.

Allow me to reitterate my previous word:
An artillery shell fires at a speed of 1600m/s but a beta can only fire on laser per 10-30 second.
They have taken in 4 shells before they could fire again.

And, again, an artillery shell is almost completely impossible to stop because it is fast and small. Using lasers against shells is even worse as lasers are very thin streaks of light that carries no effects to the environment. Might I even add the fact that you can arm artillery shells wth napalm rounds that would rain down fires and white phosphorus on the target after they were shot down.

Stop calling your BETAs as OP aliens cause they are not.

this happens every thread

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about in the ML part. The lasers are very effective (they are literal bullshit lasers) and they simply need 4 times more laser class than artillery you have. And let me repeat, the issue in ML is that humanity was not prepared. The beta didn't attack in 2017 with the people knowing about it beforehand. By the time they took the threat serious, the enemy occupied 80% of the playing field. It's the situation where you know you could win if you had more time and resources, but you don't. Also, after a few time you would wipe out the lasers with you guns, they would tunnel behind you, or make an entirely new subspecies that specifies against your tactic.

>inb4 strain of BETA that just pretends to be dead so humans salvage it and get fucked in the ass

It's anime physics, BETA are theoretical, fictional aliens. They're specifically designed to be unstoppable by conventional weapons so that the author could justify having rocket-propelled samurai mechs slashing them into pieces.

>An artillery shell fires at a speed of 1600m/s but a beta can only fire on laser per 10-30 second.
>They have taken in 4 shells before they could fire again.

There are 1000 (probably 10 times that, but lets use this) laser classes. For every shell you fire, at worst 10 lasers will be fired to take it down. You now need to get at least 101 shells on target within 10 seconds to get anything through. After those 10 seconds they can fire again and the only one losing is you who lost a lot of ordnance. If you take out these 1000, there are now another 10000 waiting, good luck.

Or the BETA can tell if it's dead and fire at it. Given their origin it seems likely that they would cover such a big engineering flaw.

>And, again, an artillery shell is almost completely impossible to stop because it is fast and small.

That's good, they can shoot it down with precision with limited wasted shots because the author said these aliens are capable of that and you can't say otherwise because they're fucking aliens. The moment your shot is within their firing profile they'll shoot and knock it down because that's the story, however impractical it may be.

Oh also what other people said, they started fighting these aliens during WW2, at first the soviets didn't even tell anyone about them (IIRC)

Now it's modernish and they're being held off sorta, but most of eurasia is already feeding their war machine.

I think the only way to use artillery was to fire shells that contain some metal parts that don't melt but scatter in the sky when being fired at, and after the first volley it would create a cloud to fuck up laser aiming and then the later shots could hit the ground. But then the tanks would bite into your ass from the other side.

>fucking aliens MERRIKA FUK YEAH no way they can shoot down all our ordnance with tens of thousands of super advanced lasers governed by a central brain we'll bomb them back the the stoneage yeehaaw
>FUCK YOU COMMIES OUR CARRIERS ARE INVINCIBLE BECAUSE WE HAVE A PAIR OF AA GUNS AND A FEW DESTROYERS AROUND THEM NOBODY COULD EVER GET THROUGH THAT KIND OF DEFENCE

Fucking Burgers.

>Getter Robo
They don't stand a chance

nigga a US carrier battlegroup is more than "2 aa guns and a few destroyers" Yeah they're not invisible but they're as powerful as most people's navies.

You realize these fuckers burrow underground and can make underground empires with pipelines directly to your base to fuck you while you're sleeping?

You have no air superiority underground while they can shoot all the shitting lasers they want.

But can they defeat Oni-sama ?

Aww what an adorable- wait a minute.
Thing a more dangerous than most entire fictional species. BETA ain't got shit on that motherfucker.

>Fate Grand Order

Top kek. Really the BETA are a poor man's Velber which already got fend off 14000 years ago. Granted the Velber and its civilization are extremely broken, they have the ability to absorb any kind of attack or technique created by intelligent life (yes stuff like magic fireballs, any ridiculously broken reality rewriting hax and even modern artillery get absorbed into energy).

So Solomon incinerates them.

Nanoha has spacecraft, FTL, some sort of molecular disintegrators on them, and the will to use them on inhabited planets. BETA don't stand a chance.

Precisely why I said arm the artillery with Napalm or chemical shit.
You can evenhave a nuke artillery with no problem

Hell, if you wanna go for something more cost effective, invest on mines

They're immune to chemical weapons because space magic.

The problem is, you have very limited resources, compared to your enemy. As we tried to explain to you, you are not prepared, you hold a tiny portion of the planet, and you have to be able to kill about 20 million betas every day just to not allow them to increase in numbers.

Well, no one is immune to napalm tht can melt metal

Humanity could win only if they unite and go all out from the very start.
Winning a battle is good and all but it doesn't really matter when the alien comes back the day after stronger than ever and you've run out of ammo, fuel and soldiers.

The armored ones are, and the point is they have enough numbers to drain your ammo and kill you. I don't think you're getting the idea here.

tl;dr the military might of a combined international effort in 2017 could stop the invasion from escalating, but the assumption is that the situation would be at least similar in some way, beta established and the capability of the universe being transposed in.

At least that's how I take it.

Wait, what?

It's just the same logic that zombie genre uses over and over again
The enemy has the numbers but you have the brains damn it. It took only one scientist to design the first nuke.

A 1% Earth's army can take down the BETA using the combined commonsense of minefields, guerilla warfare, scorched Earth tactics, tunnelling, formation, range superiority, armor superiority, technological superiority, and of course, the abilitry to improve your weapons. It takes the /beta years to create the first ranged units but it took humans just 1 year to go from rifles to machine gun+chemical warfare

>It took only one scientist to design the first nuke.
American education right there. I bet you even thought it was Einstein.