This defined my expectations and hit me in the feels

This defined my expectations and hit me in the feels.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1YVbd-lS2X4&list=PLOCAqH3dyTrMAZisqSUkhJcebhRGFMcXQ&index=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I mean defied

>defined
here come 200 posts 198 images

>defined my expectations

By the way, it was shit.

It was bretty good. I don't understand why some people hate it with a passion I think it has something to do with Urobuchi's name being attached to it.

No I just found it very very underwhelming. The only things I remember well were senmetsu, the swimsuit episode and robot bro.

The beginning was fine, but then humans evolved into fishes and it turned to shit.

Hmmm

Don't forget the two bonus episodes and the two ending OVAs.

Wha really ? See this is why I love you Sup Forums

I personally liked it a lot as well. The problem was most people got into it for expectations that the first one or two episodes set that didn't really turn out to be what the anime would be.

I remember Sugitabot and good character designs. The rest was shit.

watched - Suisei no Gargantia
expected - Water World with robots
got - SENMETSU + Sugitabot

Chamber died for our sins.

Gargantia is seriously underrated. It's decently plotted with a solid message. If you listened to Sup Forums while it aired you would be blown away at how it somehow flew over the heads of a lot of people who thought it was pushing a pacifist regressive message. They never recognized that the ideology of Gargantia itself changed when Ridget decided to use an orbital launcher to intervene in a conflict instead of running away like they would have before Ledo came, and the show ends with Gargantia pursuing scientific progress for the good of humanity. The post-senmetsu episode was a massive shitstorm.

Yeah, I liked the show too.

Now I must count them up.

loved the fleshing out they gave to the world

chambro was a bro

too bad the two leads were about as compelling as fishsticks

Sugita and all the semen demons were the only good part of this show. It was pretty boring and anyone could have seen that twist coming.

I thought it was great. The setting, animation and characters were all very good. The plot got a bit silly but was still engaging and enjoyable.

It suffered from being targeted by dedicated shitposters when it was airing, which was a shame. Probably because Urobuchi was on the staff.

Ive yet to watch those, do they add anything? Because i dont have the motivation for it

zenmetsu

>anyone could have seen that twist coming
Too bad that nobody was right.

Would you a twink from space?

underrated as fuck
everything that show did was good

ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING ANIME WORLDS EVER

HANARAHU DESIGNS THE BEST GIRLS

>We are gonna rape you!
>SENMETSU
>Why did you kill them?

>Liking Meme Director anime and thinking it's underrated

Enjoy your more poorly written and cringy version of Fafner.

SQUID DETECTED

FAFNER DIDN'T LOOK HALF AS GOOD AS GARGANTIA

>too flat

And yet it's story and characters were 10x as good.

Let's compare a series that has two full 26 episode series, a movie, a manga, and an OVA vs
One 13 episode series, 3 continuation episodes, and a ***LIGHT NOVEL*** continuation because they knew an actual sequel wouldn't sell

Gargantia was one of Gen's better anime. It was more fun and less obnoxious than the pretentious shit like PSYCHO-PASS

More

SELLING DONT MEAN DICK ABOUT QUALITY

AND 10X IS WRONG

I'D TAKE GARGANTIA'S WORLD FOR 1 SEASON OVER 200 SEASONS OF FAFSHIT

I wouldn't mind a second season of Gargantia.

WOULD BE RAD, BEST EXECUTED AQUA MOTIF IN ANIME

AND GET THE TOKYO PHILHARMONIC TO SCORE IT AGAIN
youtube.com/watch?v=1YVbd-lS2X4&list=PLOCAqH3dyTrMAZisqSUkhJcebhRGFMcXQ&index=2

>defined
You're a blithering idiot.

>I don't understand why some people hate it with a passion
As a scifi fantasy its bland
Characters are one-dimensional and forgettable.
As an SOL its underdeveloped and not particularly engaging

Its yet another anime that's oversold due to Urobuchi's name and while its not as excessively dumb like Psycho Pass it feels like a first draft of an incomplete script that could have been better with more planning, the OVAs are even worse.

would have been better if the lead was Chamber desu

>Gargantia's world
>lol we're all cartoon characters
>everyone is lives on the sea is a hippie who wants to be raped by squid because MUH peace
>everyone who lives on land are CRAAAAAAAAAAAAZY war mongers
>lol we ruined the planet because THE SQUIDZ ARE PEOPLE XDdd

Enjoy your scat fetish user

>someone saved my shitty oc
Glad to know something other than my sketches are saved by other anons

It was fun watching this with you guys

Bonus 1 is basically just there to be cute. It's set when Ledo is still learning the language and requires Chamber to translate. Gargantia sails by an abandoned ship and a team is sent to investigate.
Bonus 2 is cool because it covers how Kugel got to Earth and went about forming the Kugel fleet. Kugel did nothing wrong.
OVA 1 and 2 define an "ending" for the series. It shows how Ledo gets along as part of the diving team, daily laifu with his waifu, and some blonde chick that just shows up and is immediately pushed hard. Don't worry, there's a reason. The blonde is from some land country and they fished out a Machine Caliber. She originally infiltrated the Kugel fleet with the intention of getting Kugel to teach her how to pilot it, but that's a bit tricky when Kugel is dead. She then tries to get Ledo to do it but is conflicted because of friendship or something. The land country sends a fleet to eliminate her and the Machine Caliber, but Ledo turns it on and she pilots it a little to disarm the boats until she gets wrecked by one of the cannons she hadn't gotten to. The Caliber ejects her cockpit as it sinks.
I'd say they're worth watching, but if the motivation's not there, then there probably isn't much point.

the only interesting character in the series

REMOVE HIDEAUZE

THATS THE PLOT NOT THE WORLD

Bellow's bellows!

The beginning was okay, but the SoL shit in the middle made it a boring snorefest.
The ending was a bit better but way too predictable.

The world is what, again? Generic spaceshit that we see for ten minutes, and then people on boats on a water planet, like we haven't seen that before.

THE LUMINESCENCE OF THE WATER PLANET MAKES IT THE BEST LOOKING WATER PLANET

WITH THE BEST USE OF RUST AS A CONTRASTING COLOR

LEAVING ASIDE THE TOP CHARACTER DESIGNS

Absolute perfection.

So your entire argument is "Yeah, the characters and story sucked, but the environment and character designs look better!"

One user in a past thread pointed out something interesting. Chamber's logical conclusions and course of action are based on axioms set by his human pilot's morality.

Had Ledo decided on a different course of action and examples (like Kugel did), Chamber would have arrived at an entirely different set of moral axioms -- and Chamber would have been just as certain that he had arrived at the correct logical conclusion.