Mushishi

I'm watching Mushishi for the first time, and man, this picture really sums up well the whole show, doesn't it?

10/10 anime though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eYAAb7J9m84
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have seen this exact thread before, I swear.

This is my first time making a Mushishi thread. I swear.

The very first episode used to be one of my favorites until you realize it makes no sense whatsoever.

>tfw you are infected with a mushi that makes you retarded

About to watch this, what am I in for?

Atmosphere: The Anime
Nature Will Fuck You Up: The Anime

>tfw to inteligent to believe in mushi

Falling asleep.

it's pretty laid back and fun to watch. each episode is it's own story and it just focuses on morals and life lessons. it's basically a series of fables in anime form

A great and slow ride.

youtube.com/watch?v=eYAAb7J9m84

Woah that's a quite good song. I'm looking forward to the ost.

Elaborate.

Favorite episodes? 1st season's 2 and 20 for me.

liked the concept but not really into episodic anime, couldn't get past the first few episodes. there's gotta be something bigger going on to hold my attention for 12+ episodes.

The mushi spirits told the girl she was going to have a grandkid and to take care of him cause he was going to be special, but they were turning her into a mushi as well. If she had turned into a mushi she wouldn't have been able to have the grandson

No, she had her own baby before the ceremony.

Prepare for some good shit coming in.

she was like 10 years old what the fuck

No child protection laws.

Pic related for me, I'm a sucker for this kind of plot where the lovers need to prove how much they care for each other to be able to stay together.

Just finished the first season of Mushishi zoku shou and I cannot get myself to watch more. It's just so painfully boring.

Every now and then there's a good episode but even then it's just so dull. The story itself has no actual plot besides mystery of the day which changes every episode. Ginko just deals with something new and then travels somewhere else just because. Ginko has no personality whatsoever, you could replace him with a talking walking potato and the 'plot' would stay the same. Besides saving the day he brings nothing to the story. We know next to nothing about him because his interactions with random person A only shows the viewer more about person A who will be forgotten next episode.

The lack of continuous supporting characters throughout the anime also makes the story boring. It's hard to care about new random person A that has random problem B and is too stubborn or ignorant to solve their problem on their own. Don't even get me started on how stubborn the person suffering from some Mushi are. The episode with the mirror girl who got dumped was one of the worst offenders.

The only positives it has going for it is the atmosphere and the OST. When the story showed some of Ginkos past and a possible love interest I was hopeful we would see more of his character/personality and some character development along the way. Instead all that was quickly forgotten in favor of new random person A and new random Mushi C. I could go on but I'll end it here.

By far one of the most overrated anime I've seen.

probably the one where ginko is a child and screws up big time by accidentally killing the mountain lord
I really liked to see his backstory

People used to marry at very young age back then.

>We know next to nothing about him
there were like two episodes focused on his backstory in the first season, no?

Nawwwwwwww she didn't have a baby by then, no way

Yes and I mentioned those episodes in my post. But that's all we got and those are memories that he himself doesn't remember. Those episodes where great but how he developed as a person came after since he forgot everything that happened as a child. Besides traveling with some Mushi after we nothing about him from that time.

I feel bad for lesser minded people like you.

Don't get me wrong everyone has their own opinion and that's fine i have no problem with your opinion i just pity you is all. You must of missed all the things your complaining about the show not having. as said before feel bad for you that you couldn't keep up.

>must of

dubbed season 2 when

>dub

You are missing the point, Mushishi isn't really about Ginko, but the people he meet and the tales of the Mushi. It's a lot like Mononoke, you barely know anything about the Medicine Seller, but that is not relevant since the interesting part is the mystery revolving the spirits and how he'll kill them.

Why do you think any of that is of any real importance?

Ginko isn't a true protagonist in most instances, he is merely a being that the occasionally omnipresent third person view revolves about.

He isn't even around for the bulk of the memory hole episode.

How did I miss them? We barely see Tanyuu we barely see more of any other important secondary character. Ginko's personality wouldn't be a problem if we saw more of his character explored but we don't see that.

You may like it but all my complaints are legitimate.

Most people need some kind of flashy bull to keep their lesser minds entertained. And are so used to the main character being the main source material for story, fully focused on them. This has a much greater field of view that most people can't fully grasp. So because they can't understand or follow it, they get "bored". As i said before he just didn't understand the series, nothing you can do.

I wanted to watch season 2 dubbed since i saw the first one like that. I gave up and just watched the second season

read my reply to

Guys, my foreskin has been slowly hardening and closing over the end of my penis. It's getting to the point where I can't urinate without extreme discomfort.

What kind of Mushi is this?

>We barely see Tanyuu we barely see more of any other important secondary character.

Mushishi is an episodic series of largely self contained scenarios. It isn't intended to have grandiose arching plot lines or continually reappearing characters.

I feel like what Mushishi is, and what you presume it to be are two very different beasts.

what was this episode about? I totally forgot

The two of you are right and that's why I don't want to call Mushishi a bad anime. I think it's overrated and I find it boring but I can see that it's good for what it does.

The problem is it would be far better if we knew more about Ginko and more about the other people around his life like Tanyuu. If you're going to have a long episodic anime then at least show the audience more about the main character's life/motivation. Have him interact more with his actual friends so we understand his character and the character of those who are close to him better. I don't believe Mushishi should have a long overarching plot. If the anime stayed exactly the same and had they just added 2-4 more episodes where we explored more of Ginko's character it would've been far better. As it is, it leaves much to be desired.

Mushishi Zoku shou episode 2.

I disagree, you said yourself that Ginko was a very bland character, if Mushishi had bigger focus on Ginko, only 2 or 4 episodes wouldn't be enough, you'd have to waste a lot more time to develop him and his relantionship with Tanyuu and even Adashino. It'd ruin the dynamic of the show and I much rather learn more about new Mushis than what kind of food Ginko likes the most.

As we all are saying you don't understand lol

The story is not about ginko. The story is about the mushi. The things you are complaining about the anime not having are what make it such a great anime. Its about gathering intelligence on undiscovered life forms. Solving and equalizing problems that some mushi create. The show is not about ginko. No one would be saying anything to you if you just said "I didn't like it because it was episodic and those don't interest me. Ginko is just a small foot hold so you can see something familiar as he tries to help others. Its almost as if hes telling the story, you don't try to know the life story about the story teller. That is also part of the reason his past memory's were forgotten, so we can focus on the mushi. Your trying to make the show something its not about because that's what you enjoy.

I chuckled

2 episodes did a great job in showing us his past and how he got his white hair. Spend 2-4 more episodes on him interacting with Tanyuu and how he grew up and it would greatly improve the story. There is nothing wrong with a bland character if he is developed correctly. The problem is his character is never developed at all.

I understand if you disagree but I do believe this would've made it all around better.

Haha user, imagine if you ask the same thing to Ginko
>Ginko, my foreskin has been slowly hardening and closing over the end of my penis. It's getting to the point where I can't urinate without extreme discomfort. What kind of Mushi is this?
It would be 10/10 episodes. user, maybe he would examine your penis thoroughly with tools he got in his backpack, but it still the usual nohomo episode

>6 or 7 episodes of SoL

I can't really say that I hate the idea, but I honestly don't think it fits in Mushishi. But, fair enough, let's just agree to disagree.

You're not alone, I'm pretty certain I've seen the exact OP images.

Well, I saved it from a random Mushishi thread.

new season when

Never. Stop dreaming, user

The series is over dude.

Some bitch became mute because she listened to a shell with a bird in it, her father blames some other guy for his wife's death, and the birds are some sort of warning. That's all I can recall.

What is the author up to? Did he die?

>he

I had the realization the other day that all the source material had been adapted and we'll never see another Anime.

Did you watch Mushishi before watching Zoku Shou?

>how he grew up
But we did see how grew up, or at least how he became a mushishi.

I realized that I shouldn't marathon this, watching 2-3 episodes a night may be enough. The atmosphere is smooth and relaxing and the ost is awesome, I hope I can watch the whole thing.

i tried not to marathon, but it was just too good

Easily the most relaxing anime that will jar you back into the waking world when you least expect it. It can get pretty intense. At times.

This show is literally too deep for you...the girl forked off into two simultaneous life-forms. Her human body lived on and died, but the mushi's brain controlled it---not her. While her real mind was trapped an ethereal mushi body.

Did you guys REALLY not get this?

This show fucking rules.

watch it like an hour before you go to bed or when you need to relax
I did it for some late night anime watching pretty comfy

Just make a LoGH thread and you can get panic stricken about the 2017 reboot.

user is confused because the ceremony got messed up.

Was the ceremony supposed to have some outcome other than what you just described? What would have happened if the ceremony hadn't gotten messed up?

Right, but my point was that only happened on accident because the crow showed up and interrupted the ritual. The goal of the mushi was simultaneously to get her to take care of the grandson but also to turn her completely into a mushi which is contradictory because she wouldn't be able to have a grandson if she was a mushi. Things only turned the way they did because the ritual was interrupted halfway through. That was the entire point of our conversation which apparently went completely over YOUR head.
Try to work on your reading comprehension before you act so smug and patronizing you shit eating faggot.

Take out the spirit grandma and the physical one left over still has a kid.

Is English not your first language? I just said I KNOW that is what happened. The point is that it was pure accident, and if the mushi went through with their plan all the way it would not have happened. She would have been turned completely into mushi and there would not have been a grandma left in the physical world to bear any children. Their plan was internally contradictory. I don't know how many more ways I can explain this to you.

How is hooman formed? How mushi get pregnant?

>panic stricken about the 2017 reboot.

Wasn't there a movie that came out after s2? If so did it ever get subbed?

Against the odds, Mushishi got a second season, two specials, and a finale movie seven years after the first season aired. It did everything it could.

That's probably some of the fairest treatment the universe has ever given an anime.

Yes and the movie got subbed quite fast too.Based vivid.

It was an OVA, tlacatlc6 subbed it. Vivid did the movie though.

shit taste pleb

Awesome, I didn't realize it was labeled as episode 23-24, I know what I'm watching tonight. Thanks guys.

She's done a few other things since, Waters is pretty comfy and worth reading.

The bridge. Couple of other ones but can't remember at the moment.