JoJo Thread

This is the sexiest character in JoJo and you CANNOT argue otherwise.

Damo fucked Hato, a supermodel, twice.
That's the power of charisma.

Wrong image man

Josephs tricks are fine. Everyone else who uses hamon are the ass pullers. Caesar hypnotizing a woman with hamon for example. What the fuck.

>that fat fuck tapped this twice

Hato is literally begging for cock 24/7 man5

I like how her hair is pointing towards her ass.

I wonder if his dick is intact. Maybe he'll be able to tap her a third time from beyond the grave.

Is Gappy gonna use his balls to achieve infinte spin?

>Pointing twords the real highlight of this manga

Hey, how's my sketch? I promise i didn't trace or anything

Yes

It's how he'll impregnate Yashuo

>I remember putting the fibonnachi spiral there
>I remember putting Johnny after some guy posted that face
>i remember the superior german handshake
Good times

What is this guy's name again ?

Kenneth J. Barby Q.

Kirby

DaVinci

Donnie G. Baxter

Charles Bronson

He kinda looks like him to be honest
Ringo too

Jeremy D. Jebby

Diavo-

No.

>pic of Narancia from young age

Daniel J B'arby

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I think D'Arby was inspired by Charles Bronson to some extent. He looks similar, and the coin game is apparently inspired by a 1968 movie called Adieu l'ami where it is used multiple times by Charles Bronson's character.

DELET

I finally read puple haze feedback
>mfw all of the flasbacks
>mfw the fugo alternate universe dream sequence
>mfw volpe and tonio are revealed to be brothers
>mfw soldier in love
Why did none of you tell me to read this sooner, its good

You guys agree with this?

Not gonna lie, former anime-only here. This is fucking hilarious watching David Productions crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let them animate Part 5.

I feel like Giogio and Jolyen should switch.

Doug Dimmadome, owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome

I dunno. I think David is doing fine. I wish they had a bigger budget but oh well.

If david doesnt do it who will

Doug Dimmadome!? Owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome?

Yeah, I actually have to say Damo is kinda cool. He looks like a director than a owner of a leaning store. Minus the spikes and he could be one cool dude.

It's shit

pff dont tell me that tell the other guy i didnt wanna bust my neck trying to see it

Who rare you to judge, user?

Stop posting the wrong one.

It's a real mixed bag
>Absolutely ruining Abbacchio, Bruno, Mista and Giorno
>Actively ruining La Squadra and turning them into money-hungry buffoons instead of honorable assholes fighting to avenge their friends
>Fucking up some basic stand-rules like non-users not being able to see them
>Retconning stuff like SPW cancelling the Giorno investigation because of Koichi's work

I was worndering. Do you guys take JOJO seriously? I dont know how people couldnt honestly. By seriously I mean they dont look at it as goofy but take eveything happening at face value.

Post your stand

Could you explain the three things? The fourth point i get, but...

I generally don't but when it's supposed to get serious I take it as such
Pretty sure that's Araki's goal, generally over the top dumb action and comedy with someone nicely sprinkled drama and tension

I hate how they made Mista hate Fugo.
I wouldn't expect him to forgive cheese boy right away, but they made it seems like Mista was dumb nigger that didn't get Buccelati never held any hard feelings towards Fugo not entering the boat.
Mista and Fugo are bros, after seeing Fugo completely wrecked for leaving his friends to die I don't think Mista would be enough of a cunt to treat him the way he did in PHF.

I dont. It is goofy. Sure its had good characters and stories but it is pretty fucking goofy 90 percent of the time.

I do when it's supposed to..
I really don't get people that don't.
Stuff like the Babyface fight, for example, the stand could be considered "silly", but the tension is well built, to the point you really don't how Giorno is going to win.
Just take it easy and have fun, that's the way with Jojo most of the time.

>finally read part 5
>know the gist of the entire story and the characters
>seems like it'll be the hypest shit. It's a Jojo Mafia story, how can it go wrong?

>it's literally Stardust "hey another stand user we have to fight" Crusaders sans the interesting locales and fish-out-of-water humor
>little to zero character interaction
>they're apparently gangsters but they never do anything gang related
>when Trish shows up the entire story shifts focus on finding Diavolo
>Diavolo himself is boring as fuck. "Oh I'm evil but I can't let people know I'm evil so I'm hiding. I don't have a reason to be evil I just am lul"
>Doppio was mildly interesting but a wasted opportunity
>best girl Trish has a whopping ONE FIGHT and it's against some devil-roomba
>Abacchio's death has zero impact
>Narancia's death is only slightly less awful
>Polnareff returns but doesn't do a goddamn thing
>Chariot Requiem fight drags on for way too long
>Giorno's desire to stop the supply of drugs to kids is never mentioned again after the fight with Bruno
>The fact he's Dio's son never has any relevance to the story
>His beatdown of Chocolatta is cool and all but makes no sense. Why does he hate this guy so much but not everyone else he's been fighting?
>EPILOGUE IS SOME BULLSHIT ABOUT FATE RATHER THEN SEEING HOW GIORNO FARES AS A FUCKING MOB BOSS
>Polpo was more interesting than Diavolo ever was but dies after like 10 chapters

>mfw the anime will do nothing to fix any of this

at least some of the fights were good

Sure. Long comment incoming.
It ruins characters like Abbacchio by frankly getting them completely wrong. It says things like 'Fugo never got to know Abbacchio, Abbacchio only ever cared about following orders and nothing else' which are outright wrong, as seen by Abbacchio's casual conversations with his comrades. And worse, it mentions him and Fugo sneaking out to murder children for money (???) and do other unsavory things under Bruno's nose. This makes Bruno into an incompetent fool who doesn't know or control his own men, and makes Abbacchio into an irredeemable monster.

Giorno's a similar case. Giorno in VA is sometimes shady, but overall he's a very sincere and idealistic person who empowers everyone around him and earns respect by proving his worth. By the time the comic ends, he's notably more like Jonathan than DIO, no longer relying on lies and manipulation to get what he wants. PHF just turns him into DIO jr who sits on a throne of lies (he pretended he was Diavolo all along rather than making his own legacy) and making his men obey him out of fear, to the extent of forcing them to be murderers at gunpoint. A big theme of VA is choice, and how all of the characters (other than Fugo) chose to better themselves. Fugo never gets this choice, he's forced into it, and Bruno's choice and promise that he wouldn't punish or look down on the people that didn't follow him onto the boat is shit on.

Mista goes from a casual and charming funnyman who respects Buccellati and is friendly towards his companions to being a hardassed, douchey shitfuck who treats Fugo like dirt and actively disrespects the dead Buccellati's name. Like said, Mista wouldn't act like that, at worst he'd give him the cold shoulder for a bit. 1/2

This is your wife now Sup Forums. What life will you two enjoy together?

I take it for what it is. I don't see it as a fully serious thing, and it's obvious Araki doesn't either. But it's not a gag manga either.
Like obviously there are things that, while in universe are presented as serious, just make me chuckle (like Luck = Pluck). Plenty of things are unintentionally silly. But I don't think the series has any intent to focus particularly on being serious or comedic, it's mostly just doing it's own thing and letting readers feel how they want to feel.

JoJo takes a lot from 80s horror movies and one thing that is exceptionally prevalent in those is that they don't necessarily require you to take them seriously and be scared to enjoy them, you can have a good time watching them and appreciate them for what they are. You can either find them funny or actually scary, or even both. It's the delivery that defines both horror and comedy, after all. And I look at JoJo in a similar way.

It is what it is.

2/2

La Squadra were a bunch of violent, dangerous and horrible people, but they cared about each other and were well-prepared to sacrifice their lives for their mission. The reason for their passion was how shamefully Diavolo had treated them - he'd disrespected them with shitty pay and no territory, and when Sorbet and Gelato tried investigating him he had them tortured to death and sent their mutilated corpses to their friends. In PHF all it says is that La Squadra were a bunch of greedy fools only in it for the money, which they never would have got because Volpe wouldn't have made drugs for them to sell.

The stand-thing is a more minor quibble, but when Narancia mentions wanting to join the gang, Fugo experimentally brings out Purple Haze and Narancia can see it. Fugo then tells him to take Polpo's test since seeing the stand proves he'd be able to get one of his own when pierced with the arrow.

PHF has a lot of good points (the OCs in it and their stands are all great) but it would've worked a lot better as an original piece, since it really fucks up a lot of established characters and themes.

I want her to tie me up with Stone Free and call me names

Captacha: ATENCAO HOLLY

A happy one

SF has breasts?

My fucking god. Are we sonic now?

Sometimes.

My stand's name is [All Lights Fucked on the Hairy Amp Drooling]

I want Wamuu to double fist me and then do the divine sandstorm in my ass

I FUCKING HOPE NOT

This was also my problem with part 5 although I did like it.

The stand of the week stuff. Look anons I dont have a problem with this its just that the villains they fight usually have no character and are uninteresting, do not progress the plot or contribute to character development. Its just a fight. A few of these is fine but 3 and 5 have so many of them it drags the story down. Again I wouldnt mind if more of the fights were relevant and impacting. But most werent.

How would you feel if Araki actually somehow brought DIO into part 8?

This. This is the correct answer, thanks for putting it so well.
Pluck and Luck is a fantastic example.
Araki just wants us to have a good time.

Suicidal

Are you gay or something? Jojo is for straight men.

I'd be glad but less because of how the comic would play out and more because I'd love to see the reactions here.

Thats not a good enough answer. Jolyne deserves a man who knows what he wants in life. Not some spineless, ambitionless coward like you.

Part 5 has good plot progression tho, putting it in the place as SC is simply wrong.

I hope you get your wish, user.

Pretty bad. And I love DIO.
He has no business coming back and I don't think there is anyone out there who even wants him to.

William H. Macy

I dunno if I just read bad scans (I read Colored Adventure for as long as I could then switched to black and white a good way through) but all the characters seemed to fall flat, with Narancia and Mista only being slight exceptions. At least SC had breather moments where you could laugh and see the gang hanging out but VA is just GO GO GO the whole way through.

I know Araki didn't want to rewrite part 4 but if any part could have used more slice of life elements, it's part 5

I'm sure you're just saying that because you want to see more "I want Jolyne to emasculate me" posts

I want lots of kids and to provide a good life for all of them while also being a good citizen of my country. If I fug Jolyne I'd have a bunch of little stand users running around.

Jojo reminds me of the original Star Trek.
It has a massive legacy and there is serious moments, but its all a bit campy. its really not meant to be serious, and the majority of it I think is very tongue in cheek.
Another good comparison would be the Forrest Gump movie. It was near perfect mix of humor and drama.
Araki wants to tackle every possible emotion. He calls it a tapestry of humanity after all.

That's a bigass closet, user

Dick Dastardly

Kind of mad. I feel like Araki purposely killed Dio twice in Part 7 specifically to show that he was done with the character. I mean, he even brought back THE WORLD for the express purpose of giving it a fight that didnt involve a shitty "Muh same stand" asspull like in Part 3.

Also, I havent started Part 8 yet, but I'm pretty sure Dio has no place in it.

I'm not marrying a fuckin' horse, man.

Stand user Bonnie and Clyde

Yes better than SC but its still dragged down by similar problems.

Don't start it until it's over.

If Jobin ends of being the main villain its gonna feel weird seeing Speed King standing next to these guys
I just don't find Speed King to fit the main villain stand aesthetic

Unless youre a female you have no reason to fantasize about whammu fisting your ass unless youre gay.

Jojo is for straight men. The aesthetic of the series is supposed to be bombastic and flamboyant but it's not actually gay.

While I don't agree with the Forrest Gump comparison (I personally dislike that movie), I've been rewatching the OG Star Trek series and I can actually agree with this comparison. Star Trek is campy but it's not satirical, it takes itself seriously. It sort of demands respect for what it's doing even if it's not entirely serious.
It's weird, it's colorful, it lets you enjoy it's characters, it respects it's subject matter, it broke new ground for plenty of things, it's fun. Yeah, I can get behind this comparison.

If Jojo's for straight men then that means you have to stop reading it you homo

Nigga i know this is bait but
Come on

>you will never raise kids with jolyne

Couldn't Araki just make something related to Diego?
Like maybe Diego had a kid or something.

I think he's got a point. I mean, it's not like every backwoods redneck who watches WWE is secretly gay.

R-right?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

NO MORE DIO

>his stand would be [MARS VOLTA]

>being a beta husband

user shed end up dressing you like a girl, locking your cock in a chastity cage and make you the housewife.

Im straight you faggot.

Its not bait. Count how many gay characters there are in the series. Now count all the straight ones.

This is DIOPucci guy all over again