Gundam 00

Can we talk about this series?

Notwithstanding the movie, I felt it had an interesting premise and was interesting to watch the characters slowly change over the course of the story.

The music was fantastic and made for 10/10 death scenes.

Anyone else unironically really enjoyed this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75GxNsuYCTo
youtube.com/watch?v=sWQYvYnZ2OY
youtube.com/watch?v=ergosuSlBR0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah it's one of the best Gundams. Whilst S1 might have been the best, S2 was also enjoyable.

I recently read Asimov's Foundation Trilogy and it was really similar to Gundam 00 (just minus the mechs) so if you need a book I think it's worth checking out.

it was shit. it just rehashed gundam wing, only even dumber and you aren't 12 anymore so it isn't cool.

>sexualising Feldt

This is NOT okay, Feldt is pure.

I enjoy the series, interesting premise, nice action. ss2 is kinda dumb, but still quite entertaining. The movie is complete trash though.

The girls are smoking hot. The only thing I had against this show is how uninteresting the male protagonists are. We basically have an autist as an MC.

Probably the Gundam series I enjoyed the most as opposed to being the greatest Gundam anime. Season 1 was fantastic, and while season 2 felt a bit drawn out by the end, it was still very good.

The Gundam design was god-tier too - Exia (and some of his variants) is possibly the sexiest unit in the entire Gundam franchise.

S1 is 7/10.
S2 is 5/10.

Movie is just shit.

It's a lot better than IBO

True, but recently I'm enjoying S2 of IBO a lot more than I enjoyed S1

2nd season had a lot of wasted potential but was still decent.
1st was great, creative and innovative with its world, memorable death scenes.
Movie was just action.

>The girls are smoking hot.

Holy shit you can say that again. Nearly as sexy as the gundam designs.

Posting hype as fuck scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=75GxNsuYCTo

That's it, I gotta go back and watch 00.

I don't remember the mobile suit animation being that janky.

Had it's problems but I really liked it. It's also a lot easier to appreciate it compared to the other modern Gundam series.

What isn't?

So guys, like you know, Marina or Feldt? :^)

GUNDAM

>tfw you will never be Gundam

>It's also a lot easier to appreciate it compared to the other modern Gundam series.
Not really especially with how stupid it eventually becomes.

Season 1 was fairly solid overall, but the fact that the Meisters are so overpowered until the end of the season where you wonder why the knock offs are just as good as the real deal GN cores they've been using. Season 2 continues with shitty villains (outside of Ali) taking over and the whole thing is a constant tech race that feels almost like R2's whole bullshit with newer gen Knightmares being able to take out armies of the previous gen ones. Guess what anime Sunrise did in the exact same release pattern right before 00 aired?

As far as Gundam goes I've seen everything aside from Seed/Destiny, Age, and Wing and as far as AU Gundams go I prefer Turn A, X, and G for sure.

Get in looses. We're on our way to murder!

Setsuna is one of my favourite anime characters of all time. His personality and character development are amazing.

I think the movie is pretty underrated in terms of the ideas and story it had going on. Execution was pretty mediocre though.

>Execution was pretty mediocre though.
Understatement of the century.

The concept for the movie had been built up since season 1, so it didn't have the "tacked-on" feeling that many anime movies can have. But it was just so purely executed, and the aliens being rather boring in their design didn't help either.

This. I rewatched Season 2 just now and he's a completely different person.

That mobile armor they hyped up for having like 6 solar reactors looked cool though, I kind of want to hand build a kit of it but its larger then the archangel

>tfw gundam will never have this good a level of animation and quality again

How did they do it?

Also that soundtrack.

>it had an interesting premise
then the Thrones arrived and everyone has a GN drive for maximum modern day Gundam schlock.

Sunrise actually put effort into their work. Same with Code Geass which actually came out around the same time as well. 2007-8 Was a great year for mecha anime

Nowadays Sunrise is barely trying anymore. I can only hope that Code Geass S3 is at least as good as S2.

Also, why do people not like 00 S2? I thought it was alright aside from a few story complaints. Though I agree the movie was kinda trash

Fuck, that really puts in perspective how bad IBO's combat animation is.

>Also, why do people not like 00 S2?
It only needed to be about half as long as it actually was. By the end it felt like they were stringing it along just to make up the episode count. Things often didn't feel as consequential or as important as they had been in season 1.

the backlash Destiny received over reusing scenes also motivated Sunrise. I think there was only one or two scenes where they reused some animation. I can't remember which exactly which is a positive thing.

>The only good thing about the movie was my nigga Patrick and Kat married action
I loved it

Eh, I think some of the plot points were wasted in a sense but it's alright for a second season.

>Things often didn't feel as consequential or as important as they had been in season 1.

I feel inclined to disagree. While there wasn't as much tension as the first season, there still were some pretty good and hype moments, although it helps that the technology gap wasn't as wide as much of the first season till almost the end.

>Patrick
Fuck, I'd forgotten about that mad bastard.

>Eh, I think some of the plot points were wasted in a sense but it's alright for a second season
It's definitely not bad at all, just noticeably weaker than the first season.

>00 Gundam
I seem to be in the minority in thinking that it looks better than Exia.

What was the point of not-Nina and not-Anew in the movie?

How can one man be so based?

Graham was also pretty great.

Same user here, I think the biggest problem was the characterization in S2. Like Graham turning into a blood knight Char Clone and not fighting for his men like in S1, now I'll give that to the movie since it went back to his original characterization. Although Bushido Bob did have some hype fights with Setsuna

Another thing I'll give the movie is how beautiful the gundams and mechas were. It's criminal how they were only used for the one movie. At least we get to see more of them in SRW

Also, the 00 looks great but I prefer the sleekness of the Exia

Not-Nena was to redeem her character design and voice by giving them to a non-psycho.

Damn, wrong Webm

What I rarely see praised in 00 is how good its very first episode is. In 24 or so minutes so many characters and story elements are set in motion.

00 has aged considerably well. I think it also helps that Sunrise hasn't put out an decent actual Gundam series since then.
AGE, while I thought it the premise was alright just didn't have enough episodes to make it fleshed out. Part 2 was the best with Asumu which got ruined in part 3.
I honestly liked season 1 of Build Fighters since it reminded me of Medabots but Gunpla models. The animation for the fights were especially nice as well, but I don't consider that an actual Gundam series since it's just for shits and giggles.
G-Reco was complete wasted potential. Which I hate bringing up since theres a shit ton of Recofags who will ride this show's dick and ignore all of its flaws. I like some of the kits though like the G-Lucifer and the Montero.
IBO is stupid as fuck, and Okada should never be associated with any Gundam series ever. Season 2 is a lot better than Season 1 though and I hope it ends well.

The movie was good as well.

No - it was horrible. They wasted its potential through terrible execution of the plot and characters.

Exia is the sexiest MC Gundam design.

My nigger senpai

9.5/10 for the first12 episodes.
8/10 for the last 12 episodes of S1.
5/10 for S2.

>tfw no Gundam gf

The last good serious Gundam, not counting GBF S1.
How long Sunrise have fallen production values wise, IBO looks like trash.

"Zero sum game" being in every opening narration in S1 got on my nerves real quick

>tfw Exia was my very first gunpla

youtube.com/watch?v=sWQYvYnZ2OY

I think it got to the point where the writers flatly refused to kill him off because they were having fun with the joke too.

I'm of the exact same opinion. He served no purpose in the series beyond a certain point, but the writers didn't seem to want to let him go.

I thought the aliens were cool. No conveniently humanoid aliens, and the basis of the conflict was a communication issue between two entirely different biomes, like Ender's Game.

One of my favorite Gundam shows ever.
The only one I put above it is the original 1978 tv series.

I liked the movie too; I don't understand the hate.

they killed best girl so its shit

S1 was good.

S2 was trash.

Movie was fun but not much else.

She reincarnated as a slut, oh wait

>Supposed Ace Pilot
>First to be destroyed every battle
>Goes for the unreachable, perfect colonel who doesn't believe in love
>Marries said colonel
He didn't really have a purpose on the story, yet he earned the spot.

Can anything top "Healing Care" for most ridiculous name in Gundam?

>levels of degeneration

Lockon did nothing wrong

The first season was pretty garbage
The second season was when it started to get interesting
The movie seemed like a pointless mess

Which one?

>The first season was pretty garbage
Pretty shit taste.

Did Allelujah bang Sumeragi?

I was pretty disappointed with Allelujah's character

At the end of episode1 he sounded like one of those religion fanatic psychos but he just ended up being spineless pussy

S2 really fucked Allelujah and everyone around him with that MUH RIE shit. Soma and Sergei deserved better.

Fuck Andrei too.

Full Frontal

Post your favorite BGM.

youtube.com/watch?v=ergosuSlBR0

Ash like Snow great opening.

Post more 00 asses or the girls attached to those asses.

>Post more 00 asses

Okay.