ITT: Things manga writers forgot about over time

ITT: Things manga writers forgot about over time
Did you know saiyans used to have tails?

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did you know stands can shrink themselves at will? And that star platinum can extend his fingers?

>forgot about

Toriyama never forgot about them, he just didn't like writing them.

drawing*

he probably spent all those years between Freeza and Buu without remembering them and when it came to Super some assistant reminded him.

Torihacka forgot about lunch, ssj3 and plenty of other things.

He didn't forget about Lunch, he wanted to include her giving energy to Goku for the Spirit Bomb, but decided on 17 instead.

He forgot about SSJ2 and it was years after Dragon Ball had ended.

He never forgot about tails. Toriyama is forgetful but not this much.

>he probably spent all those years between Freeza and Buu without remembering them
Wrong again Bob.

>He didn't forget about Lunch
I stated in an interview that he did.

He forgot about Lunch for a very brief time, he also said he wanted to make her give energy to Goku but decided on 17 instead, which is why 17 says "it's been a long time since I heard that voice" despite never meeting Goku.

so he's just lazy

Dio can use hermit purple too.

Duh.

>No, it’s just that I’m always thinking about how things are supposed to work, so it was a real pain to figure out how he’d put his pants on or stuff like that. That’s what always bugged me most. Is there a hole in the pants? Does he put his tail through first, then put the pants on? So that made me want to just get rid of the darn thing… which I did, in the end. (laughs)

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-interview/

this color palette is atrocious

its like he's riding a fart or some kind of shit cloud, never mind red bulma

Back in the day most color pages had a limited color palette. Here's a more normal color page.

>manju buns

wow I thought he was lazy but he was making reference to events from the end of the series in the first chapter of it

Red Bulma is cuter.

>in the first chapter of it
u wot?

>He's just now realizing Toriyama's lazy

Bu why is Kinto'un purple?

The manga continuity had a lot of different colors in comparison to Toei's anime adaptation.
To this day Purple Kinto'on represents Toriyama's special touch.

>planet salad

Senpai, if he forgot about SSJ2, he forgot about SSJ3 as well. If anything, him forgetting SSJ2 is even worse because it means he forgot that practically everything after the Freeza saga.

>He forgot the absolute piece of shit called "Cell arc"
I can't blame him to be honest

He only said he forgot how to draw her.

WHY BULMA HAS RED HAIR IN THERE?
WHO THE HELL IS YAMUCHA?
WHY GOKU LOOKS LIKE VEGETA IN THAT PAGE?
AA
AAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
BAIT ZA DUSTO!

>WHY BULMA HAS RED HAIR IN THERE?
That's actually a very good question

>WHY BULMA HAS RED HAIR IN THERE?
It used to be series could have full color chapters, but the only color they could use after the first page was red to save on ink.

But user, SSJ2 is just SSJ with spikier hair and some lightning. It also had absolutely no impact besides being an asspull for Gohan to beat Cell and it was never used or mentioned again.
I'd want to forget coming up with that if I were Toriyama too.

>Toriyama is forgetful but not this much

Toriyama has forgotten that the core of Cell was in the head and he even says that more than once, just like Piccolo.

The teleport Kamehameha was a such great attack. I am still butthurt with Toriyama. Goku should have won that battle showing that tactics and cunning can prevail over stronger enemies.

Jotaro can fly

He only mentioned the core in his head after. It's the other way around.

Kakyoin use a puppet to control his stand.

Still, a fucking mess. Also remember that the Saiyans grow stronger from their wounds, by which time none of them can no longer use that trick.

It's a mess introducing a weakness retroactively but Dragon Ball is not a serious anime/manga to ingest. Also you're talking about zenkai boost and that's still a thing, whenever the plot demands it.

>by which time none of them can no longer use that trick.
Good, it was an awful story device and easy to exploit

>Goku is allowed to go back to earth for 1 day in the Buu saga

>Goku never came back to help trunk in the future timeline

>Trunks never used the hyperbolic time chamber or the namekian dragon balls in his timeline despite having a spaceship

>Saiyans never regrew their tails nor used artificial moonlight

>A number of saiyans were off planet vegeta when it died, we still haven't heard from them

>I am retarded

Trunk's timeline was not exactly the place or time to invest in dragon balls let alone know what the room spirit in time is. Shit they didn't even use that until Cell showed up.

I can never tell when a character is meant to be a super saiyan or a super saiyan 2, and it's driving me crazy.

It's impossible to tell when adult gohan and vegeta are in ss2 because their physical appearance is the same.
One thing fans usually use to distinguish ss1 from ss2 is the aura. Supposedly ss2 has extra electricity sparks going alongside with the normal yellow aura.

The thing is, that doesn't happen always. There are times when you see ss2 with normal ss1 aura.
Lazy post production team that forgets to add lighting effects

It's more jagged and straighter.

Yeah, that hair makes me think that's SSJ2.
Vegeta's hair shape doesn't change in SSJ1, it just gets a yellow recolor.